BREAKING NEWS: Ted Kennedy

Posted by: MattMac112

BREAKING NEWS: Ted Kennedy - 05/17/08 08:43 AM

Kennedy in some sort of medical emergency<br><br>***********************<br><br>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK6l2Sfb7I4<br><br>
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ted Kennedy - 05/17/08 08:57 AM

CBS has now picked up the story, but has no details.<br><br>
Posted by: keymaker

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ted Kennedy - 05/17/08 09:02 AM

He suffered a stroke...<br><br>BBC<br><br>km<br><br>

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ted Kennedy - 05/17/08 09:04 AM

ABC News also confirms that.<br><br>
Posted by: MattMac112

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ted Kennedy - 05/17/08 09:08 AM

Damn .. I hate to hear this.<br><br>***********************<br><br>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK6l2Sfb7I4<br><br>
Posted by: macbeemer

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ted Kennedy - 05/17/08 09:15 AM

"Damn .. I hate to hear this."<br><br>I'll bet the Kopecne's are also all broken up about it... <br><br><br>The Bill of Rights doesn't grant us our rights, it merely enumerates them.

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ted Kennedy - 05/17/08 09:31 AM

Personally, I don't wish ill health or misfortune to fall on anyone whether or not I happen to like them or their opinions.<br><br>
Posted by: DLC

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ted Kennedy - 05/17/08 08:22 PM

Dr now says it was NOT a stroke but a kind of seizure.<br><br> Ted Kennedy hospitalized after seizure <br><br>well I hope he recovers... even though I lean left of center on most social issues .. I'm not a huge Ted Kennedy fan. I loved his 2 brothers, but Ted is ... well Ted! <br><br>David (OFI)
Posted by: eckhard

not easy being Ted... - 05/18/08 02:21 AM

<br>... with two big brothers going to Valhalla.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ted Kennedy - 05/19/08 04:21 PM

From the Cape Cod Times today.<br><br>I'll bet he didn't have to wait as long in the Cape Cod Hospital Emergency Room to see a doctor as I did when I fractured my elbow last summer. <br><br>

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ted Kennedy - 05/20/08 07:09 AM

Fake a seizure if there is a next time. <br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ted Kennedy - 05/20/08 07:40 AM

Nah . . . she's got to fake being a Kennedy <br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ted Kennedy - 05/20/08 07:57 AM

To be fair, ER triage ranks life threatening situations high priority (heart attack, severe trauma, etc.) over non-life threatening injuries. I'd assume that a 70+ year old with a seizure would be somewhere in the middle for someone with no notoriety. Seizures at any age are not good.<br><br>
Posted by: polymerase

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ted Kennedy - 05/20/08 08:24 AM

Seizures are almost as good as chest pain to get to the front of the line in an ER. Even if I am going to the ER for a broken finger I am going to complain of chest pains.<br><br>But an ER is something you never want to have to visit in the United States unless you like to bleed on waiting room floors. Getting sick during the week and go to your health care provider. Whenever I got sick on Cape Cod I held my guts in and waited to Monday morning to get back to Boston. <br><br>
Posted by: Celandine

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ted Kennedy - 05/21/08 12:51 AM

"Chest Pains" got my BF pushed to the head of the line<br>where he was told that he wouldn't have made it if we<br>had so much as chosen a hospital further away.**<br><br>I assume you were kidding, but if it has to be said:<br>Plze don't cheat on line: It could indeed be a matter of <br>life or death when it comes to priority.<br><br>TIA<br><br>**100% blockage - w/no previous problem - IOW No Warning<br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green> [color:green]. . . _ _ _ . . .</font color=green><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Celandine on 05/21/08 03:57 AM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>