Huckabee's Humor

Posted by: yoyo52

Huckabee's Humor - 05/17/08 07:11 AM

Later he apologizes<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>
Posted by: FSM

Re: Huckabee's Humor - 05/17/08 07:19 AM

what a dumbass thing to say. <br><br><br>--<br>[color:red] Kansas Jayhawks -- 2008 National Champions </font color=red>
Posted by: eckhard

Re: Huckabee's Humor - 05/17/08 11:06 AM

This from the talkback section:<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I lived thru the assassinations of JFK, RFK, & MLK and I remember that the jokes about killing all three of them proceeded their actual deaths. Kennedy was not loved by all, and those who hated him did so with ferver, same with his brother and even more so for MLK.<br>The Nazi’s publicly mocked Jews and made jokes about exterminating them for most of the 1930’s, by the time they got around to really doing it, it was not a new idea.<br><br>My son is overseas in the Marines, here is the latest joke making it’s way around the Marines:<br><br>“Quick, get your gun and meet at the South Lawn of the White House.”<br>“Why?”<br>“There’s a beaver and a coon trying to get in.”<br><br>Still think it’s just innocent fun?<p><hr></blockquote><p><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: newkojak

Re: Huckabee's Humor - 05/17/08 02:51 PM

I really think that looked like a mistake. Mike Huckabee probably does not agree with Sen. Obama on much when it comes to policy decisions, but given all he has said about the over-fascination with Rev. Wright and that whole ordeal, he appears to have a humane respect for the man.<br><br>The troubling thing for me is not the idea that it passes as humor. I thought the first half of the joke was actually very clever. The last bit though was just playing off guns for a laugh. Is this not the same organization that cries every time someone criticizing them for being more pro-gun than pro-gun-rights? Is this not the same organization that counters every other criticism with a straight-faced rant about how seriously they take guns?<br><br>-- Cee Bee Double-U
Posted by: Mike

Re: Huckabee's Humor - 05/17/08 04:08 PM

Totally inappropriate comment.<br>Dumb. Just very dumb.<br><br><br><br>[color:blue][/b]Hodie mihi. Cras tibi.</font color=blue>[/b]
Posted by: DLC

Re: Huckabee's Humor - 05/17/08 08:09 PM

Realize Huckabee was a BIG favorite by many GOP... he was their conservative "savior"... and had McCain not taken the lead early ... he might have been the nominee.<br>When you look at the GOP field this time... man those were slim pickins... even the guy that left standing is pretty "thin". He's a 1 issue candidate - National Security and that's it !! Every other issue - he's a "wannabe" !!<br><br>That's why I don't believe those dumb polls that show McCain 43%, Obama or Clinton 45%... BS !! ...who are they asking ? 500 GOP party leaders and 500 Dem Party Leaders ?? <br><br>and as gas approaches $5 a gallon... even more will vote their pocketbook... sure the hard core GOPers will stick with lame McCain... but what's that ? 30% ?? (max)... so it's 70% Obama - 30% McCain... at worst, I think it'll be more like 60% - 40% ! (55% - 45%). I really think McCain will have a tough time breaking 40%. (unless Bush gets a national disaster like 9-11 to hype the fear factor BIG time)... <br><br>but even that could backfire... smart people will ask if another strike happens.. why weren't we protected ? all of Bush bellicose policies, stealing our Constitutional rights, ignoring FISA, creation of the Homeland Security Dept., all the security measures costing trillions, .... and we're still vulnerable ?!! WTF !!!! ..... <br><br>David (OFI)