Sen. Obama wastes no time

Posted by: MacBozo

Sen. Obama wastes no time - 05/15/08 12:23 PM

Bush appeasement jab brings quick Obama retort<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>The White House denied Obama was Bush's target<p><hr></blockquote><p>Yeah. Like he never linked Iraq and 9/11. <br><br>
Posted by: garyW

Re: Sen. Obama wastes no time - 05/15/08 12:35 PM

McCain and Lieberman sure thought Bush was targeting Obama and wasted no time to find the spotlight to say so. You can bet sometime today douchebag John Boehner will make another lie about Obama's position on Israel.<br><br>I believe Keith Olbermann will need an addendum to last night's special comment <br><br><br><br>
Posted by: keymaker

Re: Sen. Obama wastes no time - 05/15/08 12:43 PM

Yeah, I mean most of the terrorism over there is conducted by Israel so the real appeaser thereof is President Dubya himself.<br><br>km<br><br>
Posted by: newkojak

Re: Sen. Obama wastes no time - 05/15/08 12:44 PM

Bush's weaselly little "some Americans believe..." crap is barely acceptable to the office he is in at home. The fact that he decided to take his idiotic political speech on the road to Israel's anniversary just shows how little respect he has for any decorum. At least he didn't say it while simultaneously giving Chancellor Merkel another torturous rubdown.<br><br>-- Cee Bee Double-U

Re: Sen. Obama wastes no time - 05/15/08 12:50 PM

If it wasn't Obama he referred to, Bush must have meant that "some Americans believe..." would be appeaser Sec. of Defense Robert Gates yesterday speaking on Iran:<br><br>"We need to figure out a way to develop some leverage ... and then sit down and talk with them. If there is going to be a discussion, then they need something, too. We can't go to a discussion and be completely the demander, with them not feeling that they need anything from us."<br><br>

Re: Sen. Obama wastes no time - 05/15/08 12:55 PM

Maybe this isn't worth getting upset over... It's probably not a bad thing for the opposition candidate if the incumbent with the lowest approval ratings since Nixon keeps talking about him. Maybe Warren G. Harding could come back from the dead and endorse Sen. McCain for president.<br><br>-- Cee Bee Double-U
Posted by: mojo_jojo

Re: Sen. Obama wastes no time - 05/15/08 01:06 PM

I love it. The libs have their panties in a wad over what is essentially true. <br><br>
Posted by: polymerase

Re: Sen. Obama wastes no time - 05/15/08 01:14 PM

I love it. Obama connects the dots between Bush and McBush which is essentially true. <br><br>I hope Bush keeps up the political rhetoric. Every time he opens his mouth and McCain agrees John looks like Bush4moreyears.<br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Sen. Obama wastes no time - 05/15/08 01:14 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>The libs have their panties in a wad over what is essentially true. <p><hr></blockquote><p>True dat. The president has no moral compass that would prevent him from partisan campaign politicking and lying about Obama while representing the United States on foreign soil. <br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Sen. Obama wastes no time - 05/15/08 01:23 PM

What I find so laughable is that Obama automatically identifies himself with Bush's statement. Kind of a "if the shoe fits moment." Too funny. <br><br>But I do think Dana Perino's response today explains it well... <br><br>“I understand that when you are running for office sometimes you think the world revolves around you. That is not always true and it is not true in this case,” Perino added<br><br><br><br>

Re: Sen. Obama wastes no time - 05/15/08 01:43 PM

<br><br>
Posted by: iBookmaster

Re: Sen. Obama wastes no time - 05/15/08 03:12 PM

Of course he was talking about Obama. He's the only one with the guts enough to actually want to talk to enemies and friends. You know, you can't resolve situations without negotiations. <br><br>

Re: Sen. Obama wastes no time - 05/15/08 04:48 PM

Bush played the loaded word "Appeaser", implying Democrats and Obama favor a policy of appeasement toward terrorists. Diplomacy is not appeasement. Dialog is not appeasement. Obama has not once said the United States should give Iran gifts or concede anything to them in the process of acquiring peace.<br><br>Should we really talk appeasement, like arms for hostages appeasement? That was appeasement with Iran that really didn't take the moral high ground, nor did it protect Israel all that much, did it? <br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Sen. Obama wastes no time - 05/15/08 05:28 PM

This is kinda entertaining.<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>
Posted by: Celandine

Re: Sen. Obama wastes no time - 05/15/08 05:36 PM

FerCry sake All the BUSH-BOT was doing was PARROTING the TALKING POINTS<br>and he got BUSTED for it! <br><br>Bush wasn't being his usual Dumass self, he was being very calculating;<br>He just threw every Jewish VOTE in America (esp. Florida) to McLame.<br><br><br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green> [color:green]. . . _ _ _ . . .</font color=green><br>

Re: Sen. Obama wastes no time - 05/15/08 06:55 PM

That was hilariously painful to listen to. Who is Kevin James and does his mother know she birthed a complete moron who thinks he is smart? That is such a bad combination. He is a talk show host? Can he dress himself and find his way to the radio station without some help?<br><br>

Re: Sen. Obama wastes no time - 05/15/08 07:03 PM

I have no idea who he is. Maybe it's this guuy?<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>

Re: Sen. Obama wastes no time - 05/15/08 07:49 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Kevin received his undergraduate degree from the University of Oklahoma and attended law school at the Univeristy of Houston.<p><hr></blockquote><p>But what high school did he go to and did they have a US History class? Kevin obviously skipped a class or two.<br><br>But the objectionable part is not that he did not know what Neville Chamberlain actually did but he is on TV and he uses Chamberlain's name to compare to Obama and he did not now who Chamberlain is. And he is still probably oblivious to how stupid he is. Or how stupid anyone is who speaks of stuff they know nothing about. Instead they are just tape recorders with stupid bullet points of crap. <br><br>The pitiful part was his trying to escape with "was it 38 or 39 you want to know about, make up your mind." Totally clueless doofus.<br><br>On a side note, did Bush actually compare Obama to Chamberlain? Say it ain't so. <br><br>

Re: Sen. Obama wastes no time - 05/15/08 07:53 PM

You're not at all disturbed by the total lack of courage the White House has in refusing to "man up" to their own comment? It's just a tad pathetic. This has been America's most passive-aggressive president ever.<br><br>-- Cee Bee Double-U

Re: Sen. Obama wastes no time - 05/15/08 08:22 PM

If there is anyone who walks in Neville Chamberlains shoes it is George W Bush.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Sen. Obama wastes no time - 05/15/08 08:40 PM

We're frigging doomed if most folks believe the crap that spews forth from the right wing talk radio "personalities." <br><br>

Re: Sen. Obama wastes no time - 05/15/08 09:30 PM

You could argue that Dubya has effectively given Iran half of Iraq . . . so sure, Chamberlain it is.<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>
Posted by: DLC

Re: Sen. Obama wastes no time - 05/15/08 09:54 PM

Yeah it's like if Chamberlain invaded France as Hitler rose to power... nice move dumb-asz ! <br><br>You can't bomb your enemies into submission any more... unless you're willing to kill 100's of 1000s of civilians. No country is willing to take that collateral... so yes you have to talk with them... <br><br>IF anyone thinks war is the answer (as GW and his Bush bots) just look at Iraq... worked real well didn't it ?? <br><br>Bush is worse than Chamberlain... more like Benedict Arnold ! <br>In a chess game with the fundamentalist muslims... he got beat with a "fools checkmate"... he helped them win !!<br><br>so all those that criticize Obama... look from whence it comes... the dumb-azz who has us in a quagmire after many, many said it would become just THAT... but he jumped in any way !!<br><br>I'm getting tired trying to be civil to these war-mongering morons and imbesiles. We tried your way- it didn't FSCKing work !! <br>... and you want more of the same ?? <br><br>The only way to win militarily over there is nuke the whole region... <br>and then try to use radioactive oil for your cars... dummies !! <br>(not to mention the effect on Israel... even being remotely close to it)<br>short of that you have 2 choices:<br>(1) McCain's 100 years of war (costing 10's of Trillions of $$ and fscking up 100s of 1000s of American lives)<br>OR<br>(2) negotiate.<br><br>David (OFI)

Re: Sen. Obama wastes no time - 05/15/08 10:10 PM

I'd be curious to hear Kevin James on his radio show tomorrow what he has to say about his Hardball tour de force. I bet he'll claim he was ambushed by an Obama apologist (Mathews) and was never given an opportunity to answer the question, and it was a classic example of the liberal media and their Bush hatred ... not to mention their appeasement to the terrorists. <br><br>Mathews is already being attacked for claiming during the "discussion" with James that the USS Cole attack was in 2000 "under Bush" ... which is obviously wrong. Appearantly that small blooper is more damning to wingnuts ears than the entire smackdown of the unschooled "Appeasement is the key term!" BS talking point mantra.

Re: Sen. Obama wastes no time - 05/15/08 10:32 PM

<br>(my favorite comment on the subject from Wonkette)<br><br>"Chamberlain may have f*cked up with Hitler, but c'mon, he did 20,000 women."<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Sen. Obama wastes no time - 05/16/08 12:12 AM

SPOTON! "Just TELL Them what to Think!"<br>You, me & Chris Matthews aren't the only ones to FLAG that Tactic:<br>To Manufacture a TALKING POINT for the Loyal Droogies to Regurgitate.<br><br>=======================================================<br><br>BILL MOYERS: What does it say to you that millions Americans, according to polls, still think Barack Obama is a Muslim?<br><br>REVEREND WRIGHT: It says to me that corporate media and miseducation or misinformation or disinformation, I think we started calling it during the Nixon years, still reigns supreme. Thirty some percent of Americans still think there are weapons of mass destruction. That you tell a lie long enough that people start believing it. What does the media do? "Barack Hussein Obama! Barack Hussein Obama!" Barack Hussein. It sounds like Osama, Obama. That Arabic is a language. So that's why many people still think he's a Muslim. "He went to a madrasah." "What's a madrasah?" "I don't know, but I know it was one of those Muslim schools that teaches terrorism. The kind of I don't want to think about.", [color:red]just tell me what to think mentality is why so many Americans still think that.</font color=red><br><br>========================================================<br>In this case:<br>The BUSH-BOT was PARROTING the TALKING POINTS and got "CALLED" on it! <br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green> [color:green]. . . _ _ _ . . .</font color=green><br>

Re: Sen. Obama wastes no time - 05/16/08 04:44 AM

As entertaining as Hardboiled's host Chris Matthews comment about the USS Cole attack a little later in the segment...<br><br>CHRIS MATTHEWS: Wasn't the USS Cole under Bush? I mean, I don't know what I'm talking about here.<br><br>
Posted by: FSM

Re: Sen. Obama wastes no time - 05/16/08 05:35 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Bush played the loaded word "Appeaser", implying Democrats and Obama favor a policy of appeasement toward terrorists. Diplomacy is not appeasement. Dialog is not appeasement. Obama has not once said the United States should give Iran gifts or concede anything to them in the process of acquiring peace.<p><hr></blockquote><p>well to be fair, Bush talked to North Korean leader Kim Jong Il, whom Bush has labeled a tyrant and part of what he called "the axis of evil." so maybe he wasn't talking about Obama; rather, he was talking about himself.<br><br><br>--<br>[color:red] Kansas Jayhawks -- 2008 National Champions </font color=red>

Re: Sen. Obama wastes no time - 05/16/08 05:39 AM

<br>Howzis?<br>I'll "see" your "USS Cole", & Raise you one "USS Liberty"<br><br>I'll Trade you, one Slip of the Tongue for 40 YEARS of COVER-UP." <br><br><br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green> [color:green]. . . _ _ _ . . .</font color=green><br>

Re: Sen. Obama wastes no time - 05/16/08 05:47 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>As entertaining as Hardboiled's host Chris Matthews comment about the USS Cole attack a little later in the segment...<p><hr></blockquote><p> Not sure but I think Chris Mathews would readily admit that he either misspoke are even just got that statement totally wrong. To compare that to this guy not fessing up that although he brought the ghost of Neville Chamberlain into the discussion, he did not know who he was. That all he could say, repeatedly was "appeasement" and that what Neville did is the same thing Obama wants to do. It is not misspoken or an error. This is the non-acknowledgment that he does not know that talking to a country is not appeasement. (I know that is a triple negative but sheesh this conversation about a stupid talk show host showing his total ignorance brings out the stupid in me.)<br><br>

Senator Joe Biden doesn't mince words - 05/16/08 06:04 AM

&[censored]. This is malarkey. This is outrageous. Outrageous for the president of the United States to go to a foreign country, sit in the Knesset…and make this kind of ridiculous statement,” Biden said angrily in a brief interview just off the Senate floor.<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>--<br>[color:red] Kansas Jayhawks -- 2008 National Champions </font color=red>

Re: Sen. Obama wastes no time - 05/16/08 07:14 AM

Here's the key difference:<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I mean, I don't know what I'm talking about here.<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>To acknowledge is good. To try to bluster, as the other fool did, is not so good.<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>

Re: Sen. Obama wastes no time - 05/16/08 07:41 AM

I don't think that's the only difference. Chris Matthews is a blowhard who blows hard to keep his job blowing hard on television. This other blowhard is a radio blowhard who blows hard because he wants to deliver political damage to someone. Not all blowhards blow hard the same way.<br><br>-- Cee Bee Double-U

Re: Sen. Obama wastes no time - 05/16/08 07:58 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p> his job blowing hard <p><hr></blockquote><p>A possible rephrase is necessary.<br><br>

Re: Sen. Obama wastes no time - 05/16/08 08:38 AM

the <a href="http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/05/15/bush-suggests-obama-wants-appeasement-of-terrorists/">CNN story</a> that broke this whole thing quotes Bush aids as saying it was Obama being referenced. just FYI. in other words, it wasn't Obama coming to some conclusion out of thin air since the story his team got was this:<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>JERUSALEM (CNN) – In a particularly sharp blast from halfway around the world, President Bush suggested Thursday that Sen. Barack Obama and other Democrats are in favor of "appeasement" of terrorists in the same way U.S. leaders appeased Nazis in the run-up to World War II.<br><br>"Some seem to believe we should negotiate with terrorists and radicals, as if some ingenious argument will persuade them they have been wrong all along," said Bush, in what White House aides privately acknowledged was a reference to calls by Obama and other Democrats for the U.S. president to sit down for talks with leaders like Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.<br><br>"We have heard this foolish delusion before," Bush said in remarks to the Israeli Knesset. "As Nazi tanks crossed into Poland in 1939, an American Senator declared: 'Lord, if only I could have talked to Hitler, all of this might have been avoided.' We have an obligation to call this what it is — the false comfort of appeasement, which has been repeatedly discredited by history."<br><p><hr></blockquote><p><br>--<br>[color:red] Kansas Jayhawks -- 2008 National Champions </font color=red>

Re: Sen. Obama wastes no time - 05/16/08 08:44 AM

Last time Bush went to Saudi Arabia he appeased them with a $20 Billion arms deal to try to get them to lower oil prices. They took the deal and gave him nothing. Does that make Israel safer?<br><br>Bush is in Saudi Arabia today asking for them to increase production and lower prices. Do you think we'll be hearing tomorrow about another arms deal? <br><br>

Re: Sen. Obama wastes no time - 05/16/08 09:19 AM

Didn't think it was the only difference, but a key difference. And both, as I said, are fools.<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>

Re: Sen. Obama wastes no time - 05/16/08 09:25 AM

I just wanted to make a post about blowhards blowing hard. <br><br>-- Cee Bee Double-U

Re: Sen. Obama wastes no time - 05/16/08 02:32 PM

Well, it roused poly, anyway. <br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>

Re: Sen. Obama wastes no time - 05/16/08 06:02 PM

I am easily roused by the placement of words. I love words as much as I love atoms. But then I was told that my favorite saying which I endlessly said in 1983 is now a favorite line in a TV show I don't watch. "That's what she said." I do not apologize. 1983 was a different world. And there was not an 800 COMPLIANCE line poster in the hallway back then either.<br><br>

Re: Sen. Obama wastes no time - 05/16/08 08:56 PM

That's what she said was one of the standard joke lines during my freshman year. Long before '83.<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>

Re: Sen. Obama wastes no time - 05/17/08 02:41 PM

It's making a stunning comeback among the teenagers of Chicago as well if my experience with them is any indication.<br><br>-- Cee Bee Double-U

Re: Sen. Obama wastes no time - 05/17/08 06:36 PM

I feel for you! <br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>