a letter in my local paper today

Posted by: garyW

a letter in my local paper today - 05/14/08 02:19 PM

How Obama lost a vote<br>I will never vote for Obama because:<br><br>His lack of patriotism. His friends of 20 years consist of Pastor Wright (anti-American), Bill Ayres (anti-American terrorist), Louis Farrakhan (anti-American Muslim sympathizer), Tony Rezko (Syrian-born who has financed all of Obama's campaigns).<br><br>His lack of judgment. He chose and stayed with these people 20 years.<br><br>He sold out the people he claims to champion in Illinois to repay a debt to Rezko. Those are the poor, underprivileged who live in low-cost housing.<br><br>His lack of experience. 126 working days in the U.S. Senate and 110 present votes in Illinois Senate.<br><br>America will be defeated from within, and I will never be a party to that.<br><br>Mildred Legg<br>Desert Hot Springs<br><br><br>........................<br><br><br>I have come to two conclusions. Mildred Legg has recently moved here from WV ... or she's been reading Mojo's posts on this forum.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Clark

Re: a letter in my local paper today - 05/14/08 03:46 PM

Oh no, now that Mildred has defected, I am very upset.<br>Have you ever met a Mildred who is less than 100 years old?<br>What I am trying to imply is that Mildred had no intention of voting for Obama to begin with.<br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: iBookmaster

Re: a letter in my local paper today - 05/14/08 04:22 PM

His lack of judgment just pulled John Edwards aboard. I'll vote for Obama. Anything is better than the guy who doesn't care if our current war lasts for over 100 years. Our national debt should be an amount that we don't even have a word for by that time. But, then again McCain himself said he doesn't understand basic economics. Great choice for a president huh?<br><br>
Posted by: Lea

Re: a letter in my local paper today - 05/14/08 04:23 PM

I really hope this means I won't be writing in Edwards come November.<br><br><br>Edit: Good grief. Location . . . location . . . pardon me while I move this post.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:white]xx</font color=white>[color:blue]I always deserve it. Really.</font color=blue><br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Lea on 05/14/08 07:48 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>
Posted by: mojo_jojo

Re: a letter in my local paper today - 05/14/08 04:34 PM

To paraphrase ZZ Top....I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide. <br><br>
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: a letter in my local paper today - 05/14/08 08:27 PM

You rock, man! <br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: a letter in my local paper today - 05/14/08 09:29 PM

Did you see the Daily Show tonight? A couple of snippets of interviews with WV folks . . . left me wondering whether we inhabit the same planet.<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>
Posted by: newkojak

Re: a letter in my local paper today - 05/15/08 12:52 PM

Wouldn't the headline be more correct if it read, "How Obama never had my vote to begin with"?<br><br>I hate the self-righteous tone that people take in letters to the editor. It's it crystal clear that Mildred is being just a little bit disingenuous? It reminds me of all those anonymous commentators on news blogs that expect people to actually believe them when they start things like, "I used to be a Democrat until I learned..." That's right, Mr. Anonymous blog commentator, I am fascinated by your awe-inspiring political journey!<br><br>-- Cee Bee Double-U