Obama has been to 57 states so far...

Posted by: mojo_jojo

Obama has been to 57 states so far... - 05/10/08 04:00 AM

...and if this would have been McCain the media would have jumped his sh!t and claimed he suffers from "oldtimer's", (that's how my daughter thought Alzheimer's was pronounced when she was about five years old), disease. Now I know that Obama was probably exhausted when he made this gaffe. But we won't hear or see a peep of it from his legion of msm supporters. <br><br><object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EpGH02DtIws&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EpGH02DtIws&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object><br><br>
Posted by: FSM

Re: Obama has been to 57 states so far... - 05/10/08 05:20 AM

clearly he was making a joke and part of the joke is that he act like he's not joking. <br><br>i saw that live on CNN yesterday when i was eating lunch. the audience laughed, but then Obama didn't reciprocate so i figured it was a gaffe that wouldn't get any play . . . until you came along. <br><br><br>--<br>[color:red] Kansas Jayhawks -- 2008 National Champions </font color=red>
Posted by: Celandine

Re: Obama has been to 57 states so far... - 05/10/08 05:33 AM

<br>Geo. Carlin doan larf @ his own jokes either.<br>In fact, about the only comic I ever liked who<br>did was Red Skelton... but he had boyish charm.<br><br><br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green> [color:green]. . . _ _ _ . . .</font color=green><br>
Posted by: MikeSellers

Re: Obama has been to 57 states so far... - 05/10/08 07:06 AM

It looks like it starts to be a gaff when he says "50" and pauses, realizes he goofed, and added the "7" to make it a joke. Now if he had said "57 Godda@m American states", that would have been news. And the press needs to hammer Obama on something because he's really been getting a free ride lately. <br><br>
Posted by: Clark

Re: Obama has been to 57 states so far... - 05/10/08 07:16 AM

I hate to say it but I'm actually glad to hear from you.<br>Now that the race is over with it's getting kind of boring around here.<br><br><br>
Posted by: Centercentaur

Re: Obama has been to 57 states so far... - 05/10/08 07:21 AM

Obama is clearly joking about the 57 states he visited.<br><br>If McCain had said that, nobody would have mistaken his joking for a gaffe, because McCain always laughs at his own jokes. In fact, McCain's not-so-great sense of humor depends on his own laughing, to signal "humorous" to his polite and overawed audience, and so they politely laugh. The more stupid ones, who would laugh at anything anyway are, one would suppose, genuinely amused. McCain doesn't have that much of a sense of humor---his gaffes are much funnier than his jokes.<br><br>Red Skelton sucked. I remember how he always went out of character and laughed as if to suggest that the material was so hilarious that no human being could contain himself, not even the comedian. (But this is from the era when Lucille Ball was considered a comic genius.) Even back in Shakespeare's time, Hamlet directed the clowns not to laugh at their own jokes, "for there be of them that will themselves laugh, to set on some quantity of barren spectators to laugh, too...."<br><br>
Posted by: Lea

Re: Obama has been to 57 states so far... - 05/10/08 07:23 AM

It really is. And I can't help but wonder ~ what will we talk about in six months? That's interesting. Ah, the speculation . . . will he, won't he, can he, should he . . . notice I'm re-conceeding that ODude wins all the marbles, including the Oval one.<br><br>Oh, and obviously, I also think we'll still be here, MM and LeBox in six months. <br><br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:white]xx</font color=white>[color:blue]I always deserve it. Really.</font color=blue><br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Obama has been to 57 states so far... - 05/10/08 07:36 AM

I wouldn't bet on Obama winning. I don't think I could stand four more years of what we have now . . . and I especially don't look forward to the SCOTUS appointments that McCain would/will make. But short of moving to Canuckistan, I think I'm stuck.<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>

Re: Obama has been to 57 states so far... - 05/10/08 07:40 AM

Busted ~ I think MrO can lose it, too. I was just trying to be nice. I know, soooo out of character . . . <br><br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:white]xx</font color=white>[color:blue]I always deserve it. Really.</font color=blue><br><br>
Posted by: Clark

Re: Obama has been to 57 states so far... - 05/10/08 07:41 AM

There may be some McCain talk but there doesn't appear to be very many if any McCain supporters on this forum.<br><br>I can't picture McCain winning it especially with the economy sh!tting the bed.<br>But then again how in heck did Kerry lose the last election? <br><br><br>
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Obama has been to 57 states so far... - 05/10/08 07:56 AM

Yes, let's focus the entire campaign on the shallow, trivial, unimportant BS rather than the issues that should be concerning us. <br><br>

Re: Obama has been to 57 states so far... - 05/10/08 08:11 AM

He ran a lousy, ineffective campaign. <br><br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:white]xx</font color=white>[color:blue]I always deserve it. Really.</font color=blue><br><br>

Re: Obama has been to 57 states so far... - 05/10/08 08:16 AM

He failed to adequately respond to the swiftboating BS. I don't believe that Sen. Obama will be that slow to respond to attacks that are based entirely on false or distorted information/FUD.<br><br>
Posted by: FSM

Re: Obama has been to 57 states so far... - 05/10/08 08:56 AM

when Obama was being painted as an elitist, he immediately had ads showing his humble beginnings and talking about Michelle Obama's father and how hard he had to work to raise his family, and how his own mother needed food stamps for a spell, etc. <br>he won't wait a month like Kerry did. that non response is what allows the "swift boating" to be so successful.<br><br>the funny thing is that anyone who is a senator is already "elite." Bush was able to paint his opponents as an elitist when he went to prep schools and merely bought the ranch in Crawford 1 year before he ran for president. <br><br><br>--<br>[color:red] Kansas Jayhawks -- 2008 National Champions </font color=red>

Re: Obama has been to 57 states so far... - 05/10/08 09:00 AM

I think Kerry screwed up by not standing up to the swiftboating, but I think the public itself should stand up to these people, too, and expose them as the enemies of America that they really are. It was well known, for example, that John O'Neill (who had been Nixon's Goody Twoshoes-in -a-uniform during Vietnam) was an influential swiftboater. People should have located him and organized peaceful, vociferous demonstrations wherever he went. In fact, they should even be doing this right now---look at the pass his influence has helped bring this country to. If a school superintendent pisses members of the community off, they organize and demonstrate someplace where he (and the press) will notice them. So it should be with these swiftboaters who try to deceive the people from voting in their (and the country's) interest.<br><br>In fact, I often wonder if, in O'Neill's daily life, he ever has run-ins with people who know his life's story, and would like to kick his ass, or at least share a few choice observations with him. I've never heard of this, but I would think it must have happened a few times. Good lord, I hope it has.<br><br>

Re: Obama has been to 57 states so far... - 05/10/08 09:06 AM

And back in 2000, the press never tired of saying how Gore was always "reinventing" himself while they completely ignored the suddenness with which Bush became a "rancher." Why, they even helped promote the image by always locating their Crawford transmissions in front of the old barn and tractor.<br><br>

Re: Obama has been to 57 states so far... - 05/10/08 09:51 AM

I heard a short interview given by Sen. Kerry a few days ago<br>(sorry, Lea, no link to what I see on TV when it seems unimportant at the time)<br>wherein the interviewer asks about his campaign having been "Swift-Boated":<br><br>He replied that he'd been counting on the American People being smart enough to <br>recognize it as untrue... just an underhanded campaign tactic, but in retrospect;<br>realized that it should have been addressed immediately before the lie "took-off".<br><br><br>SUX that leaves them still buggering around w/bulldust instead of discussing issues.<br>I've made the same observation about the "debates" here:<br> "Squandering Energy" on unless circular arguments with no resolution in sight.<br><br>GOOD for The CONTROVERSY SLUTS ... with little to contribute ...other than... <br>...but bad for everyone else unable to move forward toward seeking solutions.<br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green> [color:green]. . . _ _ _ . . .</font color=green><br>

Re: Obama has been to 57 states so far... - 05/10/08 09:56 AM

Failure to respond to such allegations seems to lend them validity in John Q. Public's mind. <br><br>

Re: Obama has been to 57 states so far... - 05/10/08 10:01 AM

<br>I know... sad, ain't it? <br><br><br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green> [color:green]. . . _ _ _ . . .</font color=green><br>
Posted by: MikeSellers

Re: Obama has been to 57 states so far... - 05/10/08 10:19 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>He replied that he'd been counting on the American People being smart enough to recognize it as untrue... just an underhanded campaign tactic . . . <p><hr></blockquote><p>Kerry's being pretty disingenuous here. The no-response tactic didn't work for Dukakis and he should have known it wouldn't work for him. And the first Bill Clinton campaign showed how to effectively deal with the issue. You don't let one news cycle go by without a response to scurrilous charges, whether you consider them worthy of response or not.<br><br>

Re: Obama has been to 57 states so far... - 05/10/08 10:28 AM

well, Sen. O is new to the game.<br>I'm glad now that Hillary contributed to his education<br>...unintentionally preparing him for the race to come.<br><br>** STILL SUX that the issues get left unaddressed.<br>I believe that's where Obama had prepared himself...<br>not for the mundane*same old/same old*mudslinging.<br><br>BTW... <br>Instead of Wallowing in the MUD, I think Obama Bringing <br>the FOCUS BACK To the ISSUES would be his Best Strategy<br>... since that's where John McBUSH is at his Weakest! <br><br>Talk about "Empty Suits"! How 'bout a "CLOTHES DUMMY"? <br>McBUSH has "PUPPET REGIME" written all over him! If "DUMB™" <br>was controlled by Cheney, can we expect more from "DUMBER"?<br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green> [color:green]. . . _ _ _ . . .</font color=green><br>

Re: Obama has been to 57 states so far... - 05/10/08 10:56 AM

What I'm NOT Grateful for was the ( )itch tagging "O" with the "Elitist" BS<br>(as if being intelligent were somehow UNDESIRABLE in a World Leader!)<br><br>Since now the issue should focus NOT on AGE OR RACE but upon ABILITY.<br><br>McBush can't even tell Sunni from Shiite... and The INABILITY of a COMMANDER IN <br>CHIEF to Recognize FRIEND FROM FOE Does Little to Instill A Sense of Confidence! <br><br><h2>Will Lieberman Be Lying Next To McCain At 3AM?</h2><br><object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jkfM7z0-Vdg&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jkfM7z0-Vdg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object><br>It’s almost impossible to imagine the wingnut/media outrage circus <br>if Obama or Clinton had claimed Iran was training al Qaeda. <br>I see Sludge Report headlines like, HOW CAN WE TRUST OBAMA TO <br>FIGHT THE WAR IF HE DOESN’T UNDERSTAND THE ENEMY?, a series <br>of passive-aggressive NOT READY FOR PRIMETIME posts from Glenn <br>Reynolds, declarations by Tweety that the race is already over, grim<br>faced former generals expressing their disapproval on MSNBC, <br>...and Fixed News playing the clip over and over and over…<br><br>Send this to as many undecideds that you know and ask them <br>if we can afford ANOTHER 4 Years of this kind of cluelessness.<br><br><br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green> [color:green]. . . _ _ _ . . .</font color=green><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Obama has been to 57 states so far... - 05/10/08 01:35 PM

Dukakis was sunk at that "debate" when Bernie whatever (I think it was), the CNN dude, asked him if he'd be for the death penalty if his wife had been raped by some Willie Horton type dude. Dukakis gave a principled, intellectual response. Which was OK. But he should have prefaced the response by tearing Bernie whatever a new one for asking the question, showing some passion, and then coming in with the point that the whole idea of a government of laws is precisely to prevent passion from dictating "justice."<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple> <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by yoyo52 on 05/10/08 04:36 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>
Posted by: lanovami

Re: Obama has been to 57 states so far... - 05/10/08 02:43 PM

"But we won't hear or see a peep of it from his legion of msm supporters. "<br><br>Except, of course, from you, Mojo.<br><br>We are what we repeatedly do. -Aristotle
Posted by: garyW

Re: Obama has been to 57 states so far... - 05/10/08 03:06 PM

"Obama is not very smart."<br><br>I think this is a very strong campaign position for the GOP, they should use this attack as often as they can. Likewise, "McCain is not old" works well too!<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Obama has been to 57 states so far... - 05/10/08 08:27 PM

<br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green> [color:green]. . . _ _ _ . . .</font color=green><br>