dead thread (ignore)

Posted by: FSM

dead thread (ignore) - 05/02/08 08:08 AM

video has been deleted by YouTube . . . most likely a fake anyway.<br><br><br>--<br>[color:red] Kansas Jayhawks -- 2008 National Champions </font color=red><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by FSM on 05/02/08 01:42 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>
Posted by: garyW

Re: Hillary to lose Indiana over this - 05/02/08 08:20 AM

That should at least take Hillary off-message for the weekend. <br><br>Any idea where that clip came from? Since George is doing an hour townhall with Hillary on Sunday, do you think he'll mention it?<br><br>But then, it's Friday before an election ... so the Clinton campaign will surely drop their own Obama turdbomb later today.<br><br><br><br>

Re: Hillary to lose Indiana over this *DELETED* - 05/02/08 08:24 AM

Post deleted by FSM because video was removed and original sounds different.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by FSM on 05/02/08 01:43 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>
Posted by: polymerase

Re: Hillary to lose Indiana over this - 05/02/08 08:32 AM

As an aside, this is why I love Wikipedia. History is a living entity and you can see it in Mickey Kantor's Wiki page. One has to go back in history just a few minutes from my post to see this added to his page. Right now it is in a new section, "controversy".<br><br>As to the video, what a friggin' creep. All three of them. Will it get a ton of play before indiana? Hard to make a commercial with WWN in it. But editorials can be written. Not likely the Indianapolis Star will run it though.<br><br>I only wish that the fallout was that I never had to see any of the three ever again on TV. But that isn't going to happen. I still see Mike Barnicle and Bill O'Reilly on TV if I'm not careful.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Hillary to lose Indiana over this - 05/02/08 09:44 AM

Clip taken from "The War Room" ... Kantor is saying today he was talking about Perot's polling and the White House response ... the film's director (a big Clinton supporter) is claiming it's doctored .... but clips from the original DVD and the current Youtube clip are said to be exactly the same, only subtitles added. Others say Kantor's words are inaudible. Seems like the Clinton spin machine is working overtime today, many are already claiming this clip is race-baiting put out by Obama <br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Clark

Re: Hillary to lose Indiana over this - 05/02/08 09:49 AM

I really hope you are correct.<br><br><br>

Re: Hillary to lose Indiana over this - 05/02/08 09:55 AM

< tinfoil hat ><br><br>On second thought, as I said earlier it's Friday and the Clinton campaign would drop another turdbomb. Since they're using the Rove playbook, would this be a successful hit against Obama? It sure seems the blogs have been slammed with Hillary supporters quickly putting the blame on Obama. Hmmm. <br><br>< /tinfoil hat ><br><br>

Re: Hillary to lose Indiana over this - 05/02/08 09:57 AM

[color:blue]"Since George is doing an hour townhall with Hillary on Sunday"</font color=blue><br><br>With George Stephanopoulos being such a Clinton kiss ass, how is it that he was allowed to be a debate moderator? Couldn't Obama see the handwriting on the wall on that one?<br><br><br>
Posted by: eckhard

what crap! - 05/02/08 09:58 AM

<br>This thing is decades old and - let's face it - just about any of the current SuperDells belong to that crew in one form or another.<br>The clip isn't doing anything to Hillary, it is showing what the Democratic party is really like.<br>Watch out for the back-fire!<br><br>This is swiftboating by innuendo ..... the worst kind of negative ad one can think of.<br><br><br><br>

Re: Hillary to lose Indiana over this - 05/02/08 10:03 AM

here is a longer version that was added a while ago and it has the exact statements that are said in the short version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_wKOgMNs0U<br><br>EDIT: now that i've listened with better speakers, i don't think the original clip was accurate at all.<br><br><br>--<br>[color:red] Kansas Jayhawks -- 2008 National Champions </font color=red><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by FSM on 05/02/08 01:44 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

No! - 05/02/08 10:16 AM

[color:blue]"it is showing what the Democratic party is really like"</font color=blue><br><br>No, it is showing what Cantor, Carville, and Stephanopoulos are really like.<br>They are stupid, arrogant Clinton supporters.<br><br>You may be right. It may not do any harm to Clinton.<br>If those were Obama supporters; however, Obama would be tarred and feathered and rode out of town on a rail. Every news site would run it, every newspaper would have it on their front page.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: electricron

Re: Hillary to lose Indiana over this - 05/02/08 10:17 AM

Wow! The original clip is no longer available, although I did see it before it was eliminated.<br><br>I've listen and watched the second clip several times closely, and really couldn't tell what was whispered, unlike in the first clip (that's no longer available) where it was clear.<br><br>Sounds like somebody was trying to revinvent history again.<br><br>Democratic party dirty linen being exposed? Maybe.<br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Hillary to lose Indiana over this - 05/02/08 10:29 AM

okay, i found another clip that now disappeared. this is weird that things are going away so quickly.<br><br>anyway, i no longer believe this. i think he whispers, "how would you like to be in the white house war room" and not anything to do with Indianians. my bad (unless i am wrong in this post). <br><br><br>--<br>[color:red] Kansas Jayhawks -- 2008 National Champions </font color=red>

Bull! - 05/02/08 10:51 AM

<br>[color:blue]......stupid, arrogant Clinton supporters.</font color=blue><br><br>You know, words like these I have so far ONLY heard from Obama fans. <br><br>[color:blue]If those were Obama supporters; however, Obama would be tarred and feathered and rode out of town on a rail.</font color=blue><br><br>Utter nonsense!<br>For one thing, this film was made decades ago. The three were at the age of most Obama fans today, same complete dedication to winning. And this is directed at most of the current leaders of the Democratic Party ..... after all, the Clinton 1992 campaign was 16 years ago<br>I find it pretty absurd, how the Obama camp seems hell-bent on discrediting the last, successful Democratic presidency in an effort to win now. What the Reps couldn't do, the new Dems are trying..... what kind of strategy is that??<br> <br>Moreover, Obama has had a free ride until now. <br>He clearly lied about how closely and long he had known Rezko. No big deal, eh? Let's not even talk about the Wright matter, where there is no high ground for him in sight. Everyone is touching him with kit gloves, for fear of being called racist.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

NO, don't ignore!!!! - 05/02/08 10:56 AM

<br>In an attempt to discredit Clinton, a group of Obama-Zealots is actually attacking the very base of their own party.<br>Swiftboaters!<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Bull! - 05/02/08 01:12 PM

[color:blue]”the Obama camp seems hell-bent on discrediting the last, successful Democratic presidency in an effort to win now”</font color=blue><br><br>You call an impreached president a successful president? <br>That successful president lost his license to practice law as a result of his having committed perjury. <br><br>Did you know that in the last hours of his presidency, that successful president pardoned 140 criminals? <br><br>One of those pardons was given to Mark Rich. <br>Mark Rich fled the United States in 1983 after being indicted on charges of wire fraud, racketeering and income tax evasion. He was also charged with violating trade restrictions with Iran at the time the government in Tehran was holding U.S. diplomats as hostages.<br><br>Mark Rich’s wife donated $1 million to the Democratic Party $450,000 to the Clinton Library, $10,000 to the Clinton’s legal defense fund and $70,000 to Hillary Clinton’s Senate campaign in order to secure the pardon.<br><br>Senator John McCain called the pardon a disgrace.<br><br>Senate Democratic Leader Tom Daschle said he was troubled by the pardon and described it as inappropriate.<br><br>New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, who as a federal prosecutor at the time brought the charges against Rich, said a congressional investigation was warranted into the "very unusual" pardon of a fugitive. "The Marc Rich pardon cries out for an explanation," he said, describing the 1983 case as the "most extensive tax evasion case" in the country. "There is no explanation for it beyond the fact that the president had the raw power to do it."<br>Asked whether he believed there was a quid pro quo for the Rich pardon, Giuliani refused to rule it out.<br>"I don't think it would be fair to suggest that there was a payoff, but I also don't think it would be fair to dismiss the question without an investigation," he said. <br><br>Bill Clinton defended the pardon. He said he spent "a lot of personal time" on the Rich case but declined to explain his reasoning for the pardon.<br><br>Did you know that Scooter Libby was Mark Rich’s lawyer?<br>Not too suprisingly Hillary Clinton has taken no public position on the potential Scooter Libby pardon though long time Clinton aide James Carville was one of the signers of a letter to Judge Reggie Walton pleading for a stay pending appeal which would have essentially let Bush delay the pardon until after the November elections and keep Libby out of jail all the while.<br><br>

Re: Bull! - 05/02/08 01:35 PM

<br>Yes, I do call Clinton a successful president.<br><br>When Bill Clinton gave his inaugural speech, I listened with tears in my eyes, even though I wasn't an American. <br>It was such a relief - after Watergate, after Saigon, after Iran Contra and the ruthless destruction of Carter - to finally listen to a president, who spoke about important things, like health insurance, justice, economy, education .... sounds familiar?<br><br>The witch hunt that followed will go down as one of the most disgusting travesties of modern US history.<br>And still, when he left office, he left a surplus, and even now, those two guys - Carter and Clinton - represent what the world considers worthwhile in American politics.<br><br>Quite honestly, I find that pardon a great deal less troubling than Olly North, or Reagan's feigned ignorance, not even starting with Bush. The guy's wife paid a Million to the party ..... so, that's how these things go in Washington and Chicago for that matter.<br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Bull! - 05/02/08 04:23 PM

[color:blue]"The witch hunt that followed will go down as one of the most disgusting travesties of modern US history."</font color=blue><br><br>You don't think he was guilty of perjury?<br><br>He is destroying his legacy with all his falsehoods during this campaign. <br><br>[color:blue]"When Bill Clinton gave his inaugural speech, I listened with tears in my eyes"</font color=blue><br><br>You cry pretty easily. Get ready to get out your handkerchiefs when Obama beats your girl.<br><br><br><br><br><br>

as tears go by .. - 05/03/08 12:56 AM

[color:blue]You cry pretty easily. Get ready to get out your handkerchiefs when Obama beats your girl.<br></font color=blue><br><br>Actually, the older I get, the easier I find it to be deeply touched by something. Back in 1992, I was only 45, though. ;)<br><br><br><br><br><br><br> <br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: as tears go by .. - 05/03/08 09:31 AM

We are close to the same age. I was 45 and 46 in 1992.<br><br><br>
Posted by: drjohn

Speaking of tears,... - 05/03/08 11:05 AM

how about tears of laughter? <br><br><br><br>Old farts, the hidden caulk of civilization. Jim Atkinson<br><br>

Re: Speaking of tears,... - 05/03/08 11:09 AM

Is that you, drjohn?<br><br><br>
Posted by: drjohn

Re: Speaking of tears,... - 05/03/08 11:44 AM

No. That's just my rich kid. What father wouldn't be proud of such entrepreneurism? <br><br>Old farts, the hidden caulk of civilization. Jim Atkinson<br><br>

very nice!!! - 05/03/08 11:49 AM

<br><br>That's what is needed, some good old fashioned malice-free fun.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Centercentaur

Re: very nice!!! - 05/03/08 02:30 PM

When you call what they did to Bill Clinton during his presidency a witch hunt, you are absolutely correct. And it sure was a disgrace. In spite of that, it is quite remarkable how prosperous the nation was during his leadership---and with the surpluses (Imagine that---surpluses!) Clinton wanted to pay down the national debt (Bush used the by-his-time obviously fast-disappearing surpluses as a big part of his bogus, dishonest EXCUSE for tax cuts). Clinton was in many ways a very good president.<br><br>But today, I am extremely disappointed in Hillary's dishonesty. Her using the gasoline tax vacation as an issue was the last straw for me. Her husband's lying about sexual picadillos before a national audience was understandable---someone should have put Ken Starr on the stand before the country and forced him to talk under oath about his own personal sexual experiences!---but Hillary knows damned well that the gas tax suspension is phony, and she is using it in cold determination, taking advantage of Obama's honesty and the voters' foolish gullibility. I wonder if she still likes herself when she thinks of what she is doing. I wonder if she thinks of the contempt she [really] has for the voters when she goes to sleep at night.<br><br>I imagine Hillary Clinton has the conscience of a used car salesman. That was a great act, up there in New Hampshire, when the planted question was posed to her, how do you do it Hillary? and she said it was very personal for her and very hard, and she almost cried because she didn't want the nation "to fall back." And then, the sniper fire at Tusla airport---let's see, she was exhausted and "mis-spoke" the same mis-speech three or four times. Just what concept of "honor" could she possibly have? <br><br>Say what you will about Obama, I suspect he is a whole lot more "honorable" than Hillary. And I wish I could have the chance to find out if I was betting right. <br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Speaking of tears,... - 05/03/08 04:12 PM

Absolutely, congratulations on a job well done.<br><br><br>
Posted by: macbeemer

Re: as tears go by .. - 05/03/08 06:06 PM

you guys are old<br><br><br>The Bill of Rights doesn't grant us our rights, it merely enumerates them.

Re: as tears go by .. - 05/03/08 07:23 PM

Hey! I'll have you know I am still as immature as I was at 21. <br>My wife likes to say, strong as bull, dumb as bull.<br><br><br>