Sen. Barack Obama is...

Posted by: newkojak

Sen. Barack Obama is... - 04/12/08 12:29 PM

He's a Muslim, that's it. Just look at that name, and *gasp* he spent time around other Muslims as a child. Such a funny-named dark-skinned man must be a closet Muslim and dangerous for America! Here, I even have a picture of him in some funny clothes. Just don't tell anyone we gave it to you Mr. Drudge.<br><br>(Time goes by.)<br><br>Oh, that Barack Obama. He must be an angry black man. Yup, that's it. Oh, you can't tell? You like what he has to say about economics and opportunity? Well have I got the thing for you. You should check out his pastor. Yeah, that Wright fella! He's an angry black preacher man and he's *gasp* friends with Sen. Obama! Yup, forget that speech Obama gave all about race and his record. Those really don't tell you much about him. If you want to know about Barack, you gotta check out this preacher. I mean, I would have left that church in a second if I knew he was so black and angry.<br><br>(Time goes by.)<br><br>You all aren't going to believe this. That Sen. Barack Obama... he's an elitist! Yeah, that's right. He's so elitist. Forget that people are sick of being pandered to with wedge social issues in order to keep them from voting for their own economic interests. That's not the real deal here. The real issue, Sen. Obama is a straight-up elitist. Forget that I have lobbyists working on my campaign. Forget that I have voted against your economic best interests and supported all of the deregulations that brought on the mess we're in right now. That Sen. Obama is an elitist!<br><br>Now here's the question: Could these be the statements (albeit exaggerated) of someone on the Clinton campaign or the McCain campaign? Given President Clinton and Mark Penn's work on expanding NAFTA as well as McCain's economic policy reversals... does it really matter between those two?<br><br>-- Cee Bee Double-U
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Sen. Barack Obama is... - 04/12/08 12:47 PM

does it really matter between those two?<br><br>Not really. Just more of the same ol', same ol'.<br><br>
Posted by: garyW

Re: Sen. Barack Obama is... - 04/12/08 01:36 PM

Obama talks about a better type of politics that addresses real problems and not wedge issues, and Clinton distorts that into that wedge issues are what needs to be front and center. Clinton's message today: the "Elitist" wants to take away your guns and says you cling to your religion out of bitterness.<br><br>Once again, Obama is talking to us as adults. Clinton and much of the media has decided to talk only to those people who hear manufactured soundbites and "outraged" pundits and believe the emails about Obama being the Antichrist, Obama wants to kill babies alive because he considers pregnancy to be a punishment, Obama is anti-Semetic, Obama eats Swiss on a CheeseSteak. (I made the last one up.)<br><br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: six_of_one

Re: Sen. Barack Obama is... - 04/12/08 02:35 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Obama eats Swiss on a CheeseSteak. (I made the last one up.)<p><hr></blockquote><p>Actually, I can tell from looking at his speeches with the sound turned off that that's a factual statement. Which is why I'm voting for McCain if Hillary is not the candidate.<br><br>Turn up the signal, wipe out the noise ...
Posted by: newkojak

Re: Sen. Barack Obama is... - 04/12/08 02:44 PM

I listen to a lot of media criticism and when challenged on how the current race is being covered, the editors (mostly broadcast) use the following excuse: since there aren't as many policy differences between Sen. Clinton and Sen. Obama, they have to look outside of policy for things to inform the voters.<br><br>Inform the voters?<br><br>Let's think all the way back to 2004 and think about how that campaign was covered. There you had two politicians with nothing but differences in every aspect of policy. Did you hear much on broadcast news about policy then? Of course not. Broadcast news sources did a wonderful job with little exception of acting merely as stenographers for the worst portions of either campaign and all of the outside groups looking to feast on the partisanship of the race. We heard all about the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth and Dan Rather... all at the expense of Iraq!<br><br>For any editor of any broadcast news operation to say that they are doing anything different than simply preying on personality at the expense of informing the public deserves to be busted back down to the beat with a helmet and a notepad.<br><br>The fact of the matter is that I do not care what Sen. Hillary Clinton thinks about Sen. Barack Obama. I want to hear her explain how voters should reconcile her many stances on free trade agreements. I want to hear her talk about her philosophy behind America's place in the world economically.<br><br>I could not care a single bit less what some staffer on the McCain campaign thinks of Sen. Obama. I want to hear him explain without equivocation why he thinks it's consistent to stand up against torture, declare that waterboarding is torture, then vote against a law that would have made it illegal. I want to hear him explain how his campaign and their activities relates to the spirit of the McCain-Feingold Campaign Finance law that bears his name.<br><br>These explanations never come from McCain or Clinton because they have a very simple message that runs directly opposite Obamas: you should expect less of your political leaders.<br><br>And they have no problem demonstrating that message over and over again as they take everything they can out of context and throw as much fog out into the campaign for the very tiny reward of scoring a few political points. Obama suffers at that game, but let me tell you one thing, I love that my candidate of choice has this problem, this distaste for a zero-sum game.<br><br>I can only hope that however they may disagree with Sen. Obama on policy, all those Clinton and McCain supporters out there would push their respective (and future) choice candidates to have the very same problem. Let's all be adults here for once.<br><br>-- Cee Bee Double-U