Taxes...Now I'm depressed.

Posted by: Clark

Taxes...Now I'm depressed. - 04/09/08 06:58 AM

I'm doing my taxes. Much later than normal.<br><br>I saw a small video cartoon where the cat asks his owner, [color:blue]"What's that? What's taxes?"</font color=blue><br><br>The owner says, [color:blue]"Itís when you work hard all year long and you canít even pay your bills.<br><br>And then the government tells you you have too much money and they take it away from you and give it to people with lots of money who donít pay enough taxes.<br><br>And then you have no money and you still have to pay kitty food."</font color=blue><br><br>I never quite looked at it that way. <br>Am I paying taxes just to give money to the CEO of ExxonMobil?<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: drjohn

Re: Taxes...Now I'm depressed. - 04/09/08 07:50 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Am I paying taxes just to give money to the CEO of ExxonMobil?<p><hr></blockquote><p>You're also paying taxes to give money to a long line of others. Sport team owners come to mind, and a whole lot of others.<br><br>Old farts, the hidden caulk of civilization. Jim Atkinson<br><br>
Posted by: Clark

Re: Taxes...Now I'm depressed. - 04/09/08 09:22 AM

That sounds depressing. Have you read it?<br><br><br>
Posted by: drjohn

Re: Taxes...Now I'm depressed. - 04/09/08 11:38 AM

I reading it now.<br><br>Old farts, the hidden caulk of civilization. Jim Atkinson<br><br>
Posted by: Celandine

If it helps... - 04/09/08 02:54 PM

<br>...You're Not the Only One:<br><br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green> [color:green]. . . _ _ _ . . .</font color=green><br>