It's a defining moment alright...

Posted by: keymaker

It's a defining moment alright... - 03/29/08 09:51 AM

The decision of Mr Maliki of Iraq to take on militants in Basra with an ultimatum to lay down their arms, which impressed the Mehdi Army so much that they completely ignored it, is a defining moment for democracy in Iraq. I would like to stress that Mr Maliki's action proves beyond doubt the ability of Iraq's forces to stand on their own two feet completely unaided by the West because no coalition forces whatsoever have in any way been involved in operations - apart from the US Air Force and the British Army.<br><br>km<br><br>
Posted by: DLC

Re: It's a defining moment alright... - 03/29/08 03:18 PM

Yeah and the deadline was originally today but then a few days ago he decided to extend it until April 8th... <br><br>Oh that impressed them too !!<br><br><br>my oh my haven't we progressed marvelously !!<br><br>first we started with 3 fighting factions... Kurds, Sunnis, and Shias...<br><br>NOW after the surge we have 4 ! Kurds, Sunnis, Shias, and more Shias !!<br><br>definitely progress, for $12 Billion a month !!<br><br>damm if we'd had Spitzer run this, we'd all have a helluva lot of hookers by now..... instead of getting screwed by the Iraqis and the current Administration. <br><br>David (OFI)
Posted by: keymaker

Re: It's a defining moment alright... - 03/30/08 05:40 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>deadline was originally today but then a few days ago he decided to extend it <p><hr></blockquote><p>yeah, and having realised that they can't put down the Medhi Army all of a sudden they want to negotiate with them. This is really a pathetic situation - wasn't Cheney out there recently? Everyone's trying to make out that this is a democratic Iraq making its own decisions - they must think we're all idiots. <br><br>km<br><br>