Maybe this is why Iraqi govt. isn't progressing

Posted by: iBookmaster

Maybe this is why Iraqi govt. isn't progressing - 03/27/08 06:34 PM

Even the smartest of them have warped views on known things.<br><br>The world is flat!<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Maybe this is why Iraqi govt. isn't progressin - 03/27/08 06:57 PM

I liked this comment: [color:blue]Bush's science adviser better watch out, this guy is a showing for this administrations top technical spot</font color=blue><br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>
Posted by: polymerase

Re: Maybe this is why Iraqi govt. isn't progressin - 03/27/08 07:35 PM

Long before the middle ages where all of Europe was only thinking of how to get their next meal Al-Battani of Damascus was calculating the precession of the equinoxes. When you look at a star chart most of the stars have Arabic names because all of the great early astronomers were in Iraq and neighboring countries.<br><br>I guess if we rape and pillage their country for a century or so you might end up with something like this but believe me this is not their "smartest astronomer".<br><br>

Re: Maybe this is why Iraqi govt. isn't progressin - 03/27/08 07:47 PM

I'm sure he thought this theory before we invaded their country. To be a astronomer you do have to go through college don't you? Maybe he just wanted to get on television. Surely he's smart enough to know the earth is round....along with all the other planets.<br><br>
Posted by: newkojak

Re: Maybe this is why Iraqi govt. isn't progressin - 03/27/08 07:52 PM

A huge problem in Iraq has been "brain drain" during the invasion. Essentially, the smart people have realized that they can't get anywhere being smart in Iraq. Ironically, many of their best journalists ended up at NYU and Columbia studying journalism. Their best doctors are all in other countries in the region.<br><br>The sad thing is that you have to ask yourself, where are all the best leaders?<br><br>-- Cee Bee Double-U

Re: Maybe this is why Iraqi govt. isn't progressin - 03/27/08 07:52 PM

Do you think we started raping his country starting only in 2003? Try when the crusaders showed up to burn down his town followed quickly by colonization of the British. Ever since oil was found under the sands of his country the Americans have only been playing catch up in the raping and pillaging business.<br><br>
Posted by: newkojak

Re: Maybe this is why Iraqi govt. isn't progressin - 03/27/08 07:57 PM

I wouldn't go that route. Remember that prior to Saddam's rule, Iraq was an extremely cosmopolitan country with doctors and academics the envy of the Middle East. It was that way prior to the first Gulf War despite Hussein's rule. So long as their economy was rolling around and their greatest regional competitor (Iran) was under embargo, foreign workers flocked to Iraq.<br><br>-- Cee Bee Double-U

Re: Maybe this is why Iraqi govt. isn't progressin - 03/27/08 08:06 PM

I think I would want to be in another country as well. Likewise to the American military. I'm sure they'd like to be back home in the U.S.A.<br><br>

Re: Maybe this is why Iraqi govt. isn't progressin - 03/27/08 08:07 PM

Yes, I was exaggerating the whole thing because I was thinking of how calculus, algebra and astronomy were invented right there a bit father back in time. Your brain drain comment is probably the best way to describe why an idiot like this is the smartest astronomer left in Iraq. No matter how smart a country there is an idiot or two. But if all the smart people run off to Syria then you end up with this one idiot on TV. That change can easily happen entirely since the invasion in 2003.<br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Maybe this is why Iraqi govt. isn't progressin - 03/27/08 08:10 PM

Yes, now that we have totally destroyed their country and this guy is head of the astronomy department it is time to get out. (I do believe we should get out but we should also put the people who did this in jail so Iraq is not so pis[i][/i]sed at us.<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Maybe this is why Iraqi govt. isn't progressin - 03/27/08 08:20 PM

Well, the last crusade took place in the late 13th century, and British sovereignty was a result of the collapse of the Ottoman Empire after WW I--not so quick And keep in mind that the Ottomans were invading Europe up to the end of the 17th century. The Battle of Vienna in 1683 was nip and tuck there for a while.<br><br>The Muslim world has very sophisticated scientists--that's why "the West" is so up in arms about Iran's nuclear potential, after all. This guy is just a flat-earther. We have those here too. And I bet he doesn't believe that evolution is a fact either.<br><br>That's not to say that from the 18th century onwards, from the beginnings of the industrial revolution, Europe hasn't overwhelmed "the East." We'll see . . . or actually we won't see . . . if there's a historical swing of the pendulum. Of course nowadays if there is such a swing, it might just mean the end of history, period <br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>

Re: Maybe this is why Iraqi govt. isn't progressin - 03/27/08 08:40 PM

There was a reporter on CNN today with a Australian accent, I forget his name, that basically said it doesn't matter when we get out of Iraq. When we do, it will be utter chaos. Mainly because of the ethnic divide there. He said the U.S. still has troops in South Korea from the Korean war. Wow, starting wars is not very smart. And if we use the basic republican thinking, we'll be stuck in all wars forever....like Korea. Policing the world to put a damper on terrorism. Very tough thing to do when you are continents away. <br><br>
Posted by: Shooshie

Re: Maybe this is why Iraqi govt. isn't progressin - 03/27/08 11:43 PM

So, doesn't Baghdad have one of the oldest libraries in the world? Maybe they just need a few new books. <br><br><br><br><br>[color:green]Pictures and things</font color=green>
Posted by: DLC

Re: Maybe this is why Iraqi govt. isn't progressing - 03/28/08 03:18 AM

Not much worse than those that ignore evolution exists...(see Huckabee's platform- )<br>(look at the rise of drug resistant bacteria in the last 50 years- ),<br>or that the planet is warming - polar caps are melting, and man is heavily contributing to this process.<br><br><br>David (OFI)
Posted by: Inverted_Flag

Re: Maybe this is why Iraqi govt. isn't progressin - 03/28/08 02:49 PM

easier to cheat people that have no food is it not?<br><br>case in point<br>word on the cyber street is that the x admin is moving to Paraguay.<br><br>acres and water spring<br>no shyte! read it a few times<br>ah, perhaps a decoy...<br>yet that water sounds good.<br><br>[color:green]Cleansed by the grassroots hardcore.</font color=green>