big debate on now

Posted by: FSM

big debate on now - 02/21/08 04:59 PM

CNN . . . here we go.<br><br>
Posted by: DLC

Re: big debate on now - 02/21/08 05:05 PM

What's the topic ??<br><br><br>Who'll be Obama's running mate ? <br><br>David (OFI)
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: big debate on now - 02/21/08 05:13 PM

I'm there and I'm not fainting. <br><br><br>

Re: big debate on now - 02/21/08 05:21 PM

"I'm there and I'm not fainting."<br><br>LOL !!<br><br>Party Pooper !! <br><br>David (OFI)

Re: big debate on now - 02/21/08 05:33 PM

Obama is trying to give pieces of his stump speech as responses. clearly that's an attempt to eat up the clock and make this debate a draw. Hillary needs to make a move. it's like watching the 4th quarter of a good football game.<br><br>
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: big debate on now - 02/21/08 05:39 PM

Don't taze me! <br><br><br>

Re: big debate on now - 02/21/08 05:41 PM

ROFL.... excellent come back !!<br><br><br>I'm speechless...<br><br>David (OFI)
Posted by: ichi

Re: huthut... then she goes! - 02/21/08 06:02 PM

on healthcare, he doesn't appear to be answering effectively, too broad.<br><br><br>"if you wish to fear nothing, consider that everything is to be feared." <br><br>[color:red]Libertarian Communist</font color=red>

Re: huthut... then she goes! - 02/21/08 06:27 PM

they have one difference between their plans. she requires all adults to purchase and he merely makes it affordable to them. they both require children get coverage. i am not sure what you're watching to see that it's any different than that.<br><br>

Re: huthut... there she goes! - 02/21/08 06:29 PM

presentation only, that's all. she also said his left out millions of ppl.<br><br>"if you wish to fear nothing, consider that everything is to be feared." <br><br>[color:red]Libertarian Communist</font color=red>

Re: huthut... there she goes! - 02/21/08 06:45 PM

anyone left out is choosing to be left out. i have a buddy who is a miser. he buys up real estate like crazy and has millions in real estate. every pay check he get in his job goes straight into retirement and he lives off of rent money. he doesn't take insurance from our employer. he has the money to pay for any medical bills he'll get. <br><br>hillary would force him to buy insurance. Obama would not. if something went wrog and he had high hospital bills, Obama's plan would allow him to get insurance and pay back payments so that he's covered. so, it's really even more similar to Hillary's plan. the key is that both plans are going to have to go through congress and Hillary's plan will end up looking much more like Obama's than not. <br><br>
Posted by: garyW

Re: huthut... there she goes! - 02/21/08 06:56 PM

Hillary's closing statement was the most effective of the night, she might win TX on that one ... you can bet that's going to be an ad to be shown over and over.<br><br>I thought Hillary did really well except for her lameness on the plagiarism charge ... she got boo'd on that.<br><br>

Re: huthut... there she goes! - 02/21/08 07:02 PM

i thought that final answer by Clinton was terrific, but that the rest of the debate was pretty much a wash. in that sense, Obama wanted it to be even so he was winning up to that final question. we'll see the impact on the polls i love soon enough. <br><br>well go figure . . . i thought Hillary hit a homer there and my wife thought that final answer was Hillary starting her concession to Obama. hmmm. i still think Hillary needed that moment and we'll see if it worked.<br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by FSM on 02/21/08 10:06 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: huthut... there she goes! - 02/21/08 07:16 PM

let me know when i can "opt out" of the VA. ;)<br><br>"if you wish to fear nothing, consider that everything is to be feared." <br><br>[color:red]Libertarian Communist</font color=red>
Posted by: Topper

Re: big debate on now - 02/21/08 08:41 PM

<br><br>
Posted by: Topper

Re: huthut... there she goes! - 02/22/08 05:45 AM

[color:blue]"i thought Hillary hit a homer there and my wife thought that final answer was Hillary starting her concession to Obama."</font color=blue><br><br>I can see who's got the brains in the family and it ain't you <br><br><br>