Dubya's favorite painting

Posted by: yoyo52

Dubya's favorite painting - 01/26/08 08:00 AM

Got this one wrong too<br><br>&#63743; &#63743; &#63743; &#63743;
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: Dubya's favorite painting - 01/26/08 08:49 AM

I cannot imagine the "great" George Bush having interests in any art form past his own level of expertise.<br><br><br><br><br>- alec -
Posted by: garyW

Re: Dubya's favorite painting - 01/26/08 09:07 AM

The horse thief chased by a lynch mob! No irony there.<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Dubya's favorite painting - 01/26/08 09:39 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>No irony there.<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>Absolutely not!<br><br>&#63743; &#63743; &#63743; &#63743;
Posted by: Celandine

Re: Dubya's favorite painting - 01/26/08 09:41 AM

<br>Good One! <br><br><br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green> [color:green]. . . _ _ _ . . .</font color=green><br>

The Attorney General's Choice - 01/26/08 11:06 AM

<center><br><br><object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KNrAhG0QBAY&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KNrAhG0QBAY&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object><br><br></center><br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green> [color:green]. . . _ _ _ . . .</font color=green><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Dubya's favorite painting - 01/26/08 11:45 AM

Good grief. The horse thief is certainly going to break the poor stolen horse's legs running him so hard over that rough terrain. Ouch. <br><br>
Posted by: garyW

Re: Dubya's favorite painting - 01/26/08 01:29 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Good grief. The horse thief is certainly going to break the poor stolen horse's legs running him so hard over that rough terrain<p><hr></blockquote><p>That could explain why his approval numbers have hovered around 30% for almost three years. <br><br><br>"... in Bush’s view the key figure, with whom he personally identifies...<br><br>Playing this game of ironic allegory one step further .... the mob in hot persuit would be the founding fathers.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: Dubya's favorite painting - 01/26/08 03:04 PM

Looking at the painting I was also thinking about how Mexican president Vicente Fox told reporters last year that he was completely convinced that Bush was afraid of horses.<br><br>And this is coming from someone who had a pretty good relationship with him.<br><br>This is how I think a lot of people (ok, maybe just me) will remember George W. Bush, and as time goes on, it becomes closer and closer to the truth.<br><br><object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EkqrI3IibYI&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EkqrI3IibYI&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object> <br><br>
Posted by: Centercentaur

Re: Dubya's favorite painting - 01/26/08 08:21 PM

But how is it possible that he's afraid of horses when he's a cowboy, and has a ranch in Crawford, Texas?<br><br>

Re: Dubya's favorite painting - 01/27/08 01:03 AM

<br>Can I safely assume that you're kidding?<br><br>Assuming, as it were, that you know the <br>history of this "drug-store-cowboy"?<br><br><br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green> [color:green]. . . _ _ _ . . .</font color=green><br>
Posted by: Centercentaur

Re: Dubya's favorite painting - 01/27/08 07:15 AM

Oh yes, definitely, very much so! I was being sarcastic! The idea of George Bush being a what? a "rancher?"---is phony through and through. I'm surprised he didn't have a wonder dog Bullet, and a horse named Trigger---but, never mind, the latter would be out of consideration, given his fear of horses.<br><br>
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: Dubya's favorite painting - 01/27/08 12:41 PM

"drug-store-cowboy"<br><br>Be careful what you say about them DSC! <br><br>In my mind, New Jersey is the home of the DSC! Man! I was a DSCowgirl fer sure! I rode a mopstick most of my early grades chool years. Nooooooo, I was not a witch! I was Dale Evans! helping out Roy and Gene round up the black-hatted baddies!<br><br><br><br>