Rep "debate" last night

Posted by: yoyo52

Rep "debate" last night - 01/11/08 01:24 PM

I watched about 20 minutes of it last night on Fox and came to two conclusions: (1) Fox is fair and balanced when it likes somethings; (2) Fox is a bastard when it doesn't like something. The "things" in case (1) were McCain and Romney. I mean really really really creampuff questions that in effect asked those two guys to tell the world how wonderful they are. The "thing" in case (2) was Huckabee. The questions they asked him were almost literally insulting--the veneer of "good manners" so thin that it was a little like Ted's transparent figleaf. And of course the candidates knew what was going on. At one point Romney thanked the questioner for the "question." Oh, and Fox also doesn't like Paul, but they think he's a joke, so the questions posed to him were meant to dismiss him from consideration. Huckabee seems a real threat to them, for some reason.<br><br>&#63743; &#63743; &#63743; &#63743;
Posted by: lanovami

Re: Rep "debate" last night - 01/11/08 01:30 PM

Interesting. What did they love so much about Bush that they hate about Huckabee? Are they finally seeing the light in some sense or another? (not that I think their double standard with candidates is fair.)<br><br>We are what we repeatedly do. -Aristotle
Posted by: garyW

Re: Rep "debate" last night - 01/11/08 01:44 PM

The debate format established last week by Charlie Gibson/ABC was really a model for what these events should be. <br><br>The first of FOXNews GOP "debates" began with the question "how bad would a Hillary Clinton presidency be for America?". <br><br><br>
Posted by: DLC

Re: Rep "debate" last night - 01/11/08 01:57 PM

The first of FOXNews GOP "debates" began with the question "how bad would a Hillary Clinton presidency be for America?".<br><br><br>well about 10 X better than Bush's 8 years !! <br><br>and I'm not even a Hillary fan !! <br><br>David (OFI)

Re: Rep "debate" last night - 01/11/08 01:59 PM

FoxNews said Fred Thompson (and his new suntan) won.<br><br>Huckabee says:<br><br><object width="425" height="373"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dk3pSiOqSwU&rel=1&border=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dk3pSiOqSwU&rel=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="373"></embed></object><br><br><br>
Posted by: Lea

Re: Rep "debate" last night - 01/11/08 02:01 PM

You are so right about Gibson/ABC. I was pretty much glued to le tube. And Gibson was really good. I didn't know what to expect, but WoW was it ever great.<br><br>The downside. Bet we don't see many, if any, more like it.<br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:blue]I always deserve it. Really.</font color=blue><br><br>
Posted by: Celandine

Re: Rep "debate" last night - 01/11/08 02:21 PM

<br>HOW PROPHETIC! <br><br><br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green> [color:green]. . . _ _ _ . . .</font color=green><br>
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Rep "debate" last night - 01/11/08 02:35 PM

"how bad would a Hillary Clinton presidency be for America?".<br><br>How bad would another Rethugican presidency be for Amerika? <br><br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Rep "debate" last night - 01/11/08 03:20 PM

Oh yeah . . . the focus group after the "debate" was oohing and ahhing all over Freddy.<br><br>&#63743; &#63743; &#63743; &#63743;
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Rep "debate" last night - 01/11/08 03:29 PM

They've found another idiot.<br><br><br>

Re: Rep "debate" last night - 01/11/08 03:51 PM

Idiot, actor, they can't tell the difference.<br><br>Does this seem oddly familiar to anybody else? Hmmmm . . . <br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:blue]I always deserve it. Really.</font color=blue><br><br>

Re: Rep "debate" last night - 01/11/08 03:57 PM

Funny how they embrace the Hollywood Elite, isn't it? <br><br>But Fred's had a good day. The NY Conservative Party endorsed him over Rudy. (I think the tanning booth worked really well for him! If this keeps up he'll be looking like George Hamilton before Super Tuesday.)<br><br>

Re: Rep "debate" last night - 01/11/08 04:59 PM

And we only have two contenders to argue over. Gawd, it must be fun being a Republican right now, all those choices. My, my . . .<br><br><br> <----(And he who does it last . . .)<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:blue]I always deserve it. Really.</font color=blue><br><br>