Israel - the new world "Terrorists"

Posted by: Anonymous

Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/20/06 11:46 AM

<br>Israeli School children personalize artilery shells while school is out.<br><br>Nice! They're probably just visiting 'Dad' busy at work killing Lebonese civilians.<br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>
Posted by: steveg

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/20/06 12:32 PM

Don't you have a greasy spoon to review? If not, I know a great Kosher deli you could try.<br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/20/06 12:46 PM

<br>There is always time to review those biblical scrolls to justify the killing of innocent civilians.<br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/20/06 12:55 PM

If you say so chef. We'll just overlook the acts of terrorism and murder committed against Israelis on their own buses, in their own restaurants, in their own nightclubs... Pfffffft. Who's counting anyway.<br><br>Whatever floats your banana boat, foodboy.<br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/20/06 01:21 PM

<br>US Marines are called in to evacuate American citizens from the daily terror attacks from Israel. <br><br><br>This lucky evacuated American picked up a souvenir before escaping the terror. <br>Boy is he lucky!<br><br><br>Lebonese policemen help a wheel chair bound citizen evacuate while the US marines stand there doing nothing. <br>No surprise here.<br><br><br><br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/20/06 01:44 PM

Right. Terror attacks. Got it. Thanks for the enlightenment.<br><br>Bon appetit.<br><br>
Posted by: Michael

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/20/06 01:51 PM

Maybe it was take your daughter to work day.<br><br>***Leoville
Posted by: DLC

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/20/06 01:52 PM

You're out of line, pal.<br><br>Israel isn't perfect , but compred to Hezbollah - they're saints.<br><br>Go back and read about the ME wars the past 50+ years... Israel was attacked first almost every time.<br><br>I hate wars, but if you are attacked - you don't have a choice but to strike back or defend yourself. The only question is how far do you go. I think they were pretty patient for a long while and with recent events decided enough was enough.<br><br>Tell me Hezbollah is doing better !! <br><br>David (OFI)<br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by DLC on 07/20/06 04:53 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/20/06 02:07 PM

<br>Without notice Israel bombs Beirut and other locations in response to a kidnaping. <br>70 Lebonese civilians were killed, including 8 Canadians vacationing.<br><br><br>Israel claims it was justified to indescriminately bomb all of Lebanon,<br>because it was acting in self defense to the band of kidnappers.<br><br>According to Israel, killing civilians is necessary to rid the world of terrorists<br>that kill civilians.<br><br>To date Israel is winning the war of killing civilians with 307 kills in the past 9 days, <br>while Hezbollah is not doing so well, killing only 19.<br><br>Meanwhile, to minimize civilian kills in Gaza, Israel seems to have restricted<br>their bombing to offical government buildings such as the Foriegn ministry<br>and the Prime ministers office. That will show those democracies!<br><br><br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/20/06 02:21 PM

If it's not too late for a career change, Tin Burgerflipper, I hear Al Jezeera is looking for suicide reporters.<br><br>
Posted by: lanovami

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/20/06 02:24 PM

"Israel isn't perfect , but compred to Hezbollah - they're saints."<br><br>Huh? Are you thinking this statement thru? It appears you do your homework on a lot of issues, but have you been paying attention on this one? Not that I condone Hezbollah's actions in the past or present (or Israel's in many cases) but as far as I can tell, Israel all started because Hezbollah kidnapped a few Israeli soldiers. Isn't this reaction a little bit overboard? Watch CNN and a few more children from Lebanese hospital beds (and Israeli ones) begging for a stop to hostilities and saying it's not their fault.<br><br>Israel is a lot of things, good and bad, compared to Hezbollah, saints is not among them.<br><br><br>We are what we repeatedly do. -Aristotle

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/20/06 02:27 PM

I'll go so far as to say I think Israel needs to dial it back some. But, as you point out, there is a reason why their ad hoc slogan is Dot's it, no more Mr. Nice Guy!<br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/20/06 02:32 PM

<br>Israel terror attacks against Lebanon kill 7 Brazillian citizens.<br><br><br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/20/06 02:33 PM

Israel (and others) has been asking the Lebanese Gov't to show Hezbollah the door for quite some time. As usual, if you want something done right, you've gotta do it yourself. <br><br>If you repeatedly hear the leaders of several nations call for the complete elimination of the State of Ianovami and all his cousins, you might be inclined to react a little harshly, too.<br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/20/06 02:46 PM

<br>Time to add Switzerland to the 'axis of evil'. <br><br>Foreign Minister of Switzerland Calmy_Rey (pictured above)<br>has called for an immediate ceasefire stating Israel has gone to far by<br>striking civilians and destroying civilian infrastructures.<br><br>"We have reminded the belligerents a number of times that humanitarian law <br>should be applied," said Paul Seger, head of the foreign ministry's <br>international law directorate. "We are still neutral, since we are not taking <br>sides with either party but defending the law."<br><br>Careful Switzerland, you'll tarnish your neutral image by stating the obvious.<br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/20/06 03:07 PM

I don't categorize their reaction as "a little harsh" even if I understand Israel's motivation. The story is not all that one sided as some people would like to believe on both sides, and I am sure you know that Steve. <br><br>For the record, and not that it really matters, the first letter in my username is "L", though there is no way to tell just by looking at it. I did that to confuse anybody who might advocate my complete elimination. <br><br>We are what we repeatedly do. -Aristotle

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/20/06 03:09 PM

Keep the facts coming, Cookie. Your post count just surpassed your IQ.<br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/20/06 03:20 PM

For one thing, I've never said the story is one-sided. It is, however, far more complex than most of us will ever appreciate. But history has helped nurture the POV that they won't take sh!t from anyone. That's not exactly a moderate stance. But moderation is not something Israel, and Jews long before Israel's inception, have been shown a lot of. That doesn't mitigate several hundred civilian deaths this past week. But neither does it warrant the label of "Terrorist". And I'll say it again — if the Lebanese gov't had gotten off it's ass and dealt with Hezbollah a long time ago, hell would not likely be breaking out over there today.<br><br>Also for the record — and by coincidence — the first letter in the "New World Terrorist's" name is also "L". Notice how it has prevented ther complete elimination of Lsrael! <br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/20/06 04:02 PM

<br>Lebonese Civilians watching the news wondering why other leading democracies<br>in the world are not outraged at the Israeli terror attacks against their democracy.<br><br><br>Israel terrorizing Australian citizens in the town of Tyre<br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/20/06 04:58 PM

<br>The UN says almost a third of the dead are children. That's almost 100 children killed by Israeli terror attacks.<br><br>I wonder if this Lebonese child was hit by an artillery shell that was 'personalized' by the Israeli school child -<br><br><br><br>Wouldn't that be a great what 'I did in the summer' story she could tell her classmates when returning to school.<br><br><br><br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>
Posted by: polymerase

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/20/06 05:18 PM

This thread = the middleast.<br><br>Two sides not listening to a single word the other side says. The only difference is time. (One has been going on a lot longer than the other.)<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/20/06 05:23 PM

So, um, you gonna give us some links there, SpoonSlinger. Or are we just gonna take your captions as THE WORD?<br><br><br><br><br>[color:red]Oy Vay Cousine! Bang my head. It is gone!</font color=red><br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/20/06 05:37 PM

[censored] Jews. <br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/20/06 06:15 PM

Well I don;t like it either BUT..<br>(1) Israel put up with all those suicide bombers 6 months back <br>(2) tried to make peace<br>(3) gave up territory<br>and Hezbollah just pushed them too much. and they figure if they do a little retaliation, Syria and Iran will just rearm them and it'll be the same old BS<br>.. so they're putting their feet to the fire.<br>they did warn citizens in S Lebanon to evacuate.<br>That doesn't excuse any citizens getting killed, but they at least they did give warning which many terrorist groups like Hezbollah DON'T.<br><br>David (OFI)<br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/21/06 06:12 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>So, um, you gonna give us some links there, SpoonSlinger. Or are we just gonna take your captions as THE WORD?<p><hr></blockquote><p>Instructions for steveg on how to find current news.<br><br>Step 1. Stop pretending to know everything for a moment and actually navigate to a site outside the Macminute cafe.<br><br>Step 2. Use a search engine to find other sites. For example, typing in 'News' will find places on the Internet that have news.<br><br>Step 3. Pick one of the top hits. Something like BBC news. <br><br>Step 4. Read the headlines, click a link and presto -<br><br>http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5197186.stm<br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/21/06 06:33 AM

Instructions for IronChef on how to avoid being an [censored]:<br><br>Step 1. Don't make assumptions unless you can back them up.<br><br>Step 2. If you're going to make specific claims and write your own photo captions, provide links the way everyone else does.<br><br>Step 3. There IS no step 3! <br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/21/06 06:35 AM

<br>While Israeli children are safe to play in the war zone and color artillery shells,<br> Lebonese children are not.<br><br><br>The child was unfortunate to be born on the wrong side of steveg's moral line.<br>Had this child been born is Israel, one can only guess what steveg would justify as retaliation.<br><br>And DLC justifies this with - 'Atleast this child was warned'. I guess children<br>just don't listen to warnings nowadays.<br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>
Posted by: SgtBaxter

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/21/06 06:46 AM

If it'll make you happy, I think the solution is to turn Israel and Lebanon into big sheets of glass. Can't have either side killing anyone if they're all dead.<br><br>Oh, and frankly human life is not precious or special. If it was, there wouldn't be so damned many of us. The world is a violent place, wake up and smell the coffee. Kill or be killed is how it is, and how it always will be.<br><br><br><br>Hey I'm an F'n Jerk!<

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/21/06 07:29 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p> And DLC justifies this with - 'Atleast this child was warned'. I guess children just don't listen to warnings nowadays. <p><hr></blockquote><p><br>that's a damm lie and YOU know it, jerko... <br><br>I said : " That doesn't excuse any citizens getting killed, ... <br><br>That is not justification by any means... if you think so you are DERRANGED !! (like we didn't pickup on that, pal)<br><br>but in your Rovean, lopsided photo-ops ... how many Israelis have been killed... how many Israeli children on all those buses and markets that they bombed a few months back? huh... think the Israelis have had no casualties ?<br><br>I don't like killing of ANY innocent civilians either side... and I think the only solution will come when the Palestinians have a home. But too many extremists like Hezbollah and those supported by Syria and Iran ill always "stir the pot " to prevent any peaceful solution. <br><br>And Iron Chef, you're defending Hezbollah's actions ??<br>What would you (oh bizarre one) have Isreal do with these terrorists- kiss their azz?<br><br>I'll give the Israelis one other thing- they have on uniforms= idenity, ...they don't hide behind the skirts of innocent citizens like a bunch of stealthy cowards like the terrorist groups do !! They come straight at ya and you KNOW who you're fighting. That takes courage.<br><br><br>David (OFI)<br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/21/06 07:30 AM

<br>Despite not having 'links' even Lebanese school children understand the basic concept<br>of Israeli jets dropping bombs on buildings and the destruction is causes.<br><br>Notice how the bombs drop on the buildings where people live and not on<br>military targets such as the misile that is located outside of town.<br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/21/06 07:58 AM

You're wasting your bandwidth, Dave. Let him rant. Let him write his own news copy. Let him make an iPhoto coffee table book out of his new collection and see if he can find any buyers over there.<br><br>This is, always has been, and always will be a heavily polarized issue, and too many innocents on both sides of the debate are dying. If this nutbar is convinced that Israel is a terrorist state, let him go over their and enlist in Hezbollah, and he can post his kills on MM every night. Or maybe they need a new cook in their mess tent.<br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/21/06 08:08 AM

<br>Israel terror planes drop cluster bombs on Zebqine killing 12 civilians - mostly children.<br>Unexploded cluster bombs are a danger to civilians that harvest the wheat and tobacco products.<br><br>This is for steveg, as we know, he can't find the headline news on BBC <br><br>http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5201622.stm<br><br><br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/21/06 08:40 AM

<br>A 13 year old girl recovers from an Israeli missile that hit her family car.<br>Her grandmother was killed and her father and mother wounded. The girl is<br> conscious but has shrapnel wounds all over her body. She speaks perfect<br> English.<br><br>Others are not so lucky.<br><br>Link for steveg that can't find the headline news - click me<br><br>[color:blue]"Word passes quickly in the morning that Israeli bombs have hit the<br> town hard overnight. We quickly head to the hospital and find a scene of<br> carnage.<br><br>Children are being removed from a makeshift morgue at the hospital. We<br> watch as a child's body is taken from the cooler, placed on the floor and<br> wrapped in cellophane.</font color=blue><br><br><br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/21/06 08:46 AM

I think IC maybe JC. Jimmy Carter that is. <br><br>***Leoville

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/21/06 08:58 AM

Your position on this conflict is extremely clear. Are you going to post on any other Issues, or discuss any other news?<br><br>I really do doubt the sincerity of your extreme position.<br><br>One trick pony ~ striking the same pose over and over and over . ..<br><br>One trick pony ~ becomes boring . . . <br><br>One trick pony ~ has to bite somebody to regain attention . . .<br><br>One trick pony ~ I think something about shooting horses fits in here . . .<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:blue]Silk suit, black tie, I don’t need a reason why.</font color=blue>
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/21/06 09:07 AM

"I really do doubt the sincerity of your extreme position."<br><br>I don't. I'm pretty much onboard with IC's sentiment. The difference is I'm beginning to realize the futility in changing the status quo in the Middle East, particularly anything to do with Israel and its enemies. We "goys" probably don't stand a chance, in the end.<br><br>- alec

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/21/06 09:15 AM

There's a big difference, Alec. You'll talk about your position(s), you get involved in different discussions with different people.<br><br>And you, Darlin', are never boring. <br><br>I say that with a sincere smile ~ I'm gettin' really tired of using the smileys.<br><br><br><br> <br><br>[color:blue]Silk suit, black tie, I don’t need a reason why.</font color=blue>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/21/06 09:17 AM

Zealots can't compromise. As such, as long as there are zealots there will never be peace.<br><br>***Leoville

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/21/06 10:28 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Are you going to post on any other Issues, or discuss any other news?<p><hr></blockquote><p>Possibly, but right now I have no thoughts on other issues. I'll confine the news of Israeli terror attacks to this thread. If you get bored of reading this news, don't click the thread.<br><br><br>Coffins sit in a mass grave in Tyre, Lebanon.<br><br>Judging by the size of the coffins, only 7 children are in this mass grave.<br><br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/21/06 10:35 AM

Why, thank you! Just made my day. <br><br>- alec

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/21/06 12:01 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I have no thoughts<p><hr></blockquote><p>Most one trick ponies don't.<br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:blue]Silk suit, black tie, I don’t need a reason why.</font color=blue>
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/21/06 02:38 PM

No matter what your views may be, it's a terrible thing to teach children war and hate. <br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/21/06 02:55 PM

"but right now I have no thoughts on other issues. I'll confine the news of Israeli terror attacks to this thread."<br><br>And this thread reflects the media, I turn on CNN (the only English news to which I have ready access) and it's all Israel/Lebanon. I assume regular bombings are still going on in Iraq, but they don't last long in the headlines.<br><br>We are what we repeatedly do. -Aristotle
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/21/06 05:17 PM

If human life is not precious by definition, then there really is no basis for ethical behavior, period. You may well be right. But if being nicely cynical and worldly involves taht perspective, then I'm with Bartleby the Scrivener: I prefer not to.<br><br>. . . . . Here's lookin' at [color:red]you</font color=red> kid.

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/21/06 06:12 PM

"big sheets of glass"<br><br>By that line of thinking, we might as well turn the whole world into a big sheet of glass.<br><br>We are what we repeatedly do. -Aristotle
Posted by: TheGreatDivide

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/23/06 09:55 AM

the human animal is capable of being fooled all too easily<br>notice how I take no party's side<br><br>http://floridafolkartist.blogspot.com-captured demons, expressions and whatever you wanna make of it.

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/24/06 06:15 AM

<br>John Bolton defends Israeli terror attacks.<br><br>[color:blue]"The situation is that Israel has lived under the terrorist threat of Hezbollah for years, and these most recent attacks have given it the legitimate right, the same right America would have if we were attacked, to deal with the problem. And that's what they're doing."</font color=blue><br><br><br>War weary Israeli residents take time out to relax in the sun on a beach in Tel Aviv.<br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/24/06 07:34 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>then there really is no basis for ethical behavior, period.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Ethics and morals are much like beauty, aren't they? We all have our own wildly varying definitions.<br><br>For example, while I'd like to think we're all in agreement that in general you shouldn't kill someone, when you add circumstances opinions will diverge. Some folks would argue it's unethical and immoral to ever kill a person, no matter what. I on the other hand would argue it's often unethical and immoral *not* to kill someone. <br><br>We are nothing special, we are just a product of a violent unpredictable earth just like every other living animal on this planet, something our behavior shows time and time again. To apply something that's genuinely against our biological makeup like morals seems kind of silly and counter productive to me.<br><br><br><br>Hey I'm an F'n Jerk!<

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/24/06 08:58 AM

As I said above, perhaps you're right, but I prefer not to believe it.<br><br>. . . . . Here's lookin' at [color:red]you</font color=red> kid.

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/24/06 10:12 AM

No Pictures, but here's the story - <br><br>[color:blue]An Israeli missile hit two Red Cross ambulances parked in the southern Lebanese town of Qana, killing one person and seriously wounding two others late Sunday, according to a Red Cross official.<br><br>The Red Cross official in Tyre told CNN that the ambulances, clearly marked as Red Cross vehicles, were part of an effort to transport people wounded in the town of Tibneen to hospitals 20 miles to the west in Tyre.<br><br>Israeli officials have said they do not intend to carry out a full-scale ground invasion in Lebanon but will continue pinpoint attacks on specific targets.</font color=blue><br><br>Specific targets? I guess there are few more Red cross ambulances to bomb.<br><br>http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/07/24/mideast/index.html<br><br>a little bit further in the article<br><br>[color:blue]The Israeli military said Sunday it will distribute relief supplies to Lebanese citizens under the supervision of the Red Cross.<br><br>The IDF statement said the mission was "to maintain the daily life of Lebanese civilian population not involved in terror activity."<br><br>The humanitarian aid, to arrive on ships in Beirut's port, will be transferred to aid centers across Lebanon, the IDF said.<br><br>Israel has barred the United Nations from sending relief supplies into southern Lebanon, where most of the country's estimated 500,000 internally displaced people are located, according to U.N. emergency relief coordinator Jan Egeland.</font color=blue><br><br>------------------------------------------<br><br>I just don't know what to make of this. Israel bombs clearly marked Red Cross ambulances, then annouces it will distribute aid under the supervision of the Red Cross. Maybe the IronicChef will be able to explain this.<br><br>Oh and in case you missed it - Israel is the country responsible for humanitarian crisis. And it seems they decided that the UN should be barred from sending relief supplies. But they'll distribute relief supplies.<br><br>And somehow, IDF can determine which civilian population is not involved in terror activity (this must be the civilian population they haven't killed - yet)<br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>
Posted by: Celandine

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/24/06 10:48 AM

<center><br><br><br><object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/subwDAZtEN0"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/subwDAZtEN0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object><br><br><br></center><br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/24/06 11:30 AM

It is an odd conceit. And more than enough to justify so many immoral things.<br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:blue]My my baby blue . . .

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/24/06 12:01 PM

<br>omg that's so disturbing<br><br>it's the typical abusive spouse scenario.<br><br><br>that literally made me sick to my stomach. <br><br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/24/06 06:12 PM

<br>Lt-Gen. Dan Halutz orders Israeli Luftwaffe to destroy 10 buildings in Beirut for<br>every rocket fired by Hezbollah into Israel proper.<br><br>link to story<br><br>Whoops, according to the article linked above, it looks like the High ranking<br>Israeli officer had the wrong information and there was no such order.<br><br>Whew! Let's hope all the other High Ranking officers in the Luftwaffe got the<br>special memo to not destroy 10 buildings for every rocket fired.<br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/25/06 08:32 AM

<br>The Human Shields - Lebanese civilian casualties<br><br>How did we get here?<br><br>After the second invasion and occupation of Israel forces in Lebanon in 1982<br> a militant group called Hezbollah was formed. Hezbollah quickly was named <br>a terrorist organization when a suicide bomber killed 241 US serviceman in<br>Beirut. Hezbollah continued using tactics of kidnapping and detention of <br>Western targets in an effort to have the occupying Israeli force removed from <br>Lebanon.<br><br>Between 1982-2000 Israel has twice indescriminately bombed Lebanon - <br>1993 Operation Accountability killing 120 civilians and 1996 Operation<br> Grapes of Wrath killing 150-170 civilians. As well Israeli funded and trained<br> the SLA (South Lebanese Army) which has been accused of torturing<br> Lebanese civilians.<br><br>In the same time period Hezbollah has been accused of killing just as many<br>Israeli civilians with rocket attacks that were either provocative or in<br> retaliation. Contrary to popular belief, Hezbollah stopped the use of suicide<br> bombers finding that shooting rockets and missiles proved to be an effective<br>terror weapon. To date Hezbollah has been accused of killing 800 people,<br>some civilians some military.<br><br>After the withdrawal of Israel from Lebanon in 2000, which Hezbollah claimed<br>success in their terror/militia tactics there have been claims on both sides<br>which has prevented a complete peace with Israel and Lebanon.<br><br>Both side have been both provocators and retaliators in border skirmishes.<br>But these exchanges have been relatively isolated resulting in Lebanon having<br>the most properous and growth in economics in the region.<br><br>Some of the most notable incidents include -<br><br>2000-2006 - Regular violation of Lebanese air space by Israeli jets.<br>2000 - Hezbollah kidnaps 3 Israeli soldiers and demands the release of<br>Lebanese prisons, some held since 1978. Israel does a prisoner exchange<br>in 2004<br>2001 - Hezbollah kidnaps an Israeli business man, Israel exchanges maps<br>of mines left behind in Lebanon for the release of the business man in 2004<br>2004 - Israel assisinates Hezbollah senior official in Beirut<br>2005 - Hezbollah plants 5 explosive devices on the Israeli side of the border<br><br>And recently, Israel shot and killed a Lebanese Shepard in Lebanon just north<br>of the border in January 2006 which resulted in Hezbollah firing rockets and<br>Israeli jets bombing Hezbollah positions.<br><br>On July 12, 2006 Hezbollah, in a cross border raid, kidnapped 2 Israeli soldiers<br>and demanded the release of Lebanese prisoners in exchanged for the 2<br>soldiers. In response Israeli targeted and bombed roads, the Beirut airport,<br>and several Hezbollah positions. Hezbollah retaliated with firiing rockets<br>at Haifa the third largest city in Israeli.<br><br>Had cooler heads prevailed in Israel this kidnapping of 2 Israeli soldiers<br>most likely would have resulted in a prisoner exchange - just like the prisoner<br>exchange in 2004. <br> <br>Instead we have an agressive campaign to rid the world of Hezbollah - highly<br>unlikely since in the 28 years of occupation from 1982-2000 Israel was not<br>able to disarm Hezbollah.<br><br>Sadly, and ironically, in the name of defeating Terrorism, Israel has now killed<br>more civilians than the terrorist group Hezbollah they are hunting,<br>have cause billions of dollars in damage, displaced over 500,000 civilians,<br>cause the largest evacuation of foreign nationals since WWII, and have successfully<br>terrorized the entire civilian population of Lebanon.<br><br>Israel has now become the enemy they fight in the name of <br>self defense. There will never be peace in the region, unless Israel starts<br>respecting the lives of innocent civilians they kill to protect their own.<br><br>-------------------------------------------------<br>For those wanting links, go to the wiki pedia and type in anything stated<br>here in the search box. There is a lot more information there.<br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/25/06 10:44 AM

<br>Rasha Saleh<br><br>She is a hospital nurse from Nabatiya who is stranded at home in Tyre. <br>She is doing volunteer Red Cross work, going round to people's houses <br>and refugee centres and providing emergency aid.<br><br>"There are tragedies everywhere, so I must do everything I can to give<br> medical and moral help."<br><br>Click here for more<br><br>------------------------------------<br>A Lebanese civilian that has ignored Israeli warnings to leave in order<br>to help and save others.<br><br><br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/25/06 02:13 PM

I didn't say anything about "human nature", in fact I'd argue it's rather cocky for a species that isn't anywhere near the most intelligent on the planet to continually place itself upon a pedestal above ones that are. <br><br>Dolphins are more intelligent than us, yet they routinely kill simply for the sport of it. So why are we so shocked that people would do the same? <br><br>Doesn't shock - or bother - me at all. As I said, we're a product of the planet we come from. I'm all for everyone leaving everyone else alone. But I wouldn't hesitate in the least to take out someone who was a threat to me personally, and I wouldn't lose any sleep if I did.<br><br><br><br>Hey I'm an F'n Jerk!<

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/25/06 03:38 PM

<br>Four United Nations peacekeepers have been killed in an Israeli air strike on an<br> observation post in southern Lebanon, the UN has said.<br><br>[color:blue]The UN in Lebanon says the Israeli air force destroyed the observer<br> post, in which four military observers were sheltering.<br><br>It said the four, from Austria, Canada, China and Finland, had taken shelter in a<br> bunker under the post after it was earlier shelled 14 times by Israeli artillery.<br><br>A rescue team was also shelled as it tried to clear the rubble.<br><br>"I am shocked and deeply distressed by the apparently deliberate targeting<br> by Israeli Defence Forces of a UN Observer post in southern Lebanon," Mr<br> Annan said in a statement from Rome.</font color=blue><br><br>http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5215366.stm<br><br>----------------------------------------------------------<br><br>Just don't know what to say about this. First Israeli terror attacks destroy<br>clearly marked Red Cross ambulances, and now clearly marked UN observation<br>posts.<br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/26/06 11:23 AM

<br>One of the four UN peacekeepers murdered by Israel<br><br>More details of the murder - <br><br>[color:blue]The Irish foreign ministry said one of its officers in the UN's Unifil<br> peacekeeping force in south Lebanon, placed six warning calls to the Israel<br> Defence Forces (IDF) prior to the attack.<br><br>"On six separate occasions he was in contact with the Israelis to warn them <br>that their bombardment was endangering the lives of UN staff in South <br>Lebanon," Reuters news agency quoted an unnamed foreign office spokesman <br>as saying.<br><br>"He warned: 'You have to address this problem or lives may be lost'," the <br>spokesman said.<br><br>The Associated Press news agency named the officer as Lt Col John Molloy.<br><br>The bomb which killed the unarmed peacekeepers - Canadian, Austrian, Finnish <br>and Chinese soldiers - hit the building and shelter of the observation post, <br>near the eastern end of the Lebanese-Israeli border, UN spokesman Milos <br>Struger said.</font color=blue><br><br>http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5216230.stm<br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/26/06 12:48 PM

<br>Who Are The MidEast Prisoners?<br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/26/06 05:00 PM

<br>Steven Harper, Canadian Prime Minister. Slightly retarded, still learning.<br><br>CTV news of Canadian UN peacekeeper killed in Lebanon<br><br>[color:blue]"We want to find out why this United Nations post was attacked and <br>also why it remained manned during what is now, more or less, a war during <br>obvious danger to these individuals," said Harper.<br><br>The attack is becoming a major international incident for Israel, already under <br>criticism for rising civilian casualties in Lebanon.<br><br>But Harper doubted whether the Israeli attack was deliberate, "given that the <br>government of Israel has been co-operating with us in our evacuation efforts, <br>in our efforts to move Canadian citizens out of Lebanon and also trying to <br>keep our own troops that are on the ground involved in the evacuation out of <br>harm's way."</font color=blue><br><br>My comment: I can't believe he's actually running a country.<br><br>Hello Mr. Harper,<br><br>UN peacekeepers have been in the same spot since 1972. They were blue<br>helmets and have outposts with big letters 'UN' painted on the side of them.<br>It should be no surprise to the Irsaeli Air Force with sophisticated laser <br>guided bombs that if they hit one of these outposts UN peace keepers will be killed.<br><br>I'm surprised you are actually surprised that Israel could possibly be killing<br>and murdering people in Lebanon. Maybe it's time to rethink your comment<br>that Israel has the right to defend itself.<br><br>IronChef.<br><br>ps - the reason you are evacuating Canadians is because Israel is indiscriminantly <br>bombing Lebanon, murdering innocent civlians. Canadian Citizenship doesn't<br>provide immunity. To date 9 Canadian citizens have been murdered.<br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/27/06 05:23 AM

<br>The "World" has granted Israel permission to execute this lady.<br><br>[color:blue]Israel says the decision by diplomats not to call for a halt to its Lebanon <br>offensive at a Middle East summit has given it the green light to continue.<br><br>"We received yesterday at the Rome conference permission from the world... <br>to continue the operation," Justice Minister Haim Ramon said.</font color=blue><br><br>http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5219360.stm<br>-------------------------------------------------------------------------<br><br><br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/27/06 05:31 AM

Another prisoner held by Israel<br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/30/06 11:25 AM

<br>History repeats itself in Qana, Lebanon<br><br>[color:blue]More than 54 civilians, at least 34 of them children, have been killed in <br>a town in south Lebanon in the deadliest Israeli strike of the conflict so far.<br><br>Displaced families had been sheltering in the basement of a house in Qana, <br>which was crushed after a direct hit.</font color=blue><br><br>http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5228224.stm<br><br>In 1996, Israel killed over 100 civilians when it bombed a UN base where<br>civilians where taking refuge. Back then it 'blamed' Hezbollah as well.<br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/30/06 12:05 PM

Has it occurred to you that had Hezbollah released the kidnapped soldiers, and stopped lobbing hundreds of missiles a day into Israel that maybe — just maybe — a resolution might already be in the works? Has it occurred to you that had the Lebanese gov't done what it should have done a long time ago — dismantle Hezbollah — that this conflict might never have happened? Has it occurred to you that Hezbollah, knowing that Israel would go totally postal, has capitalized on it at the expense of hundreds of Lebanese civilians? It may be Israeli jets and tanks doing the killing in Lebanon, but my money says Hezbollah wanted it that way to suit their political agenda. Has it occurred to you that as wrong as Israel's actions are, Hezbollah is every bit as complicit in this massacre?<br><br><br><br><br><br>Didn't think so.<br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/30/06 12:39 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Has it occurred to you that had Hezbollah released the kidnapped soldiers, and stopped lobbing hundreds of missiles a day into Israel that maybe — just maybe — a resolution might already be in the works?<p><hr></blockquote><p>It would seem that the US is the only country not supporting a resolution.<br>I find the US is in conflict of interest, insisting on a resolution that is based<br>on their principles while supplying the arms in the conflict to one participant.<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Has it occurred to you that had the Lebanese gov't done what it should have done a long time ago — dismantle Hezbollah — that this conflict might never have happened?<p><hr></blockquote><p>The lebanese government never pretended to be able to dismantle all the militia's<br>in south lebanon quickly. However the process was well under way with<br>Hezbollah transforming from militia to participation in democratic elections.<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Has it occurred to you that Hezbollah, knowing that Israel would go totally postal, has capitalized on it at the expense of hundreds of Lebanese civilians?<p><hr></blockquote><p>Actually, a senior Hezbollah spokesperson has already admited they were<br>surprised at Israeli's response to the kidnapping of two soldiers.<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p> It may be Israeli jets and tanks doing the killing in Lebanon, but my money says Hezbollah wanted it that way to suit their political agenda. Has it occurred to you that as wrong as Israel's actions are, Hezbollah is every bit as complicit in this massacre?<p><hr></blockquote><p>I haven't said that Hezbollah is not responsible for lighting the match. But<br>Israel, who is supposedly a civilized country, threw gasoline on the fire and<br>the US was quick to declare Israel has a right to defend herself. In the process<br>Israel has now killed more children then fighting men and caused more destruction<br>and terror in the last 15 days then Hezbollah has caused in 24 years.<br><br>Has it occured to you that Hezbollah has only had three demands?<br> - the release of Lebanese prisoners<br> - the maps to mines that Israel planted in Lebanon<br> - Israeli withdrawal from all occupied terroritories.<br><br>Has it occured to you that if the US didn't supply 4.5 billion dollars in<br>aid to Israel (somebody has to pay for the bombs) while giving Lebanon<br>only 20 million in aid, Lebanon might have been able to do more to secure<br>it's own borders.<br><br>And finally, has it occured to you that bombing all of Lebanon hasn't stopped<br>Hezbollah from firing misiles? It's only killed children.<br><br><br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/30/06 12:56 PM

It's all occurred to me. You see, despite your earlier assumptions, I read the news. I read both sides of the story. I understand some of the history of the region. And it's occurred to me that this is, has been, and probably always will be a lot more complex than good guys and bad guys. It is not just black and white. And it occurs to me that just because Hezbollah's "demands" only total three, the depth and meaning of those demands — especially withdrawal from occupied lands — represents a far higher value than "three".<br><br>And as for your last remark, let's go back to item no. one. Hezbollah knew exactly what it was doing when it struck this match.<br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/30/06 01:35 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>And as for your last remark, let's go back to item no. one. Hezbollah knew exactly what it was doing when it struck this match.<p><hr></blockquote><p>And even if that were true, it doesn't change the fact that Israel has killed<br>over 600 Lebanese civilians, over a third of them children.<br><br>Only Israel can be responsible for Israel's actions.<br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/30/06 01:54 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>And even if that were true<p><hr></blockquote><p>Speaks volumes about your willingness to accept anything more than a black and white view.<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>it doesn't change the fact that Israel has killed over 600 Lebanese civilians, over a third of them children.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Which no one here has denied or condoned. But you keep harping on it as if you and you alone are aware of this fact. If just one child had been killed, it would be just as unacceptable. And though only a fraction as many, Israeli children have been killed and injured by Hezbollah's rockets. Where is your outrage? Or are you cool with the death of those youthful "terrorists"?<br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/31/06 08:08 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Where is your outrage? Or are you cool with the death of those youthful "terrorists"?<p><hr></blockquote><p> Hmmm. I guess I have my answer. Oh well, I guess we'll have to wait for the 24-hour bombing halt to end (and sadly, I assume it will) so we can be treated to new guilt pictures of the "worthy" children.<br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/31/06 08:39 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Hmmm. I guess I have my answer. Oh well, I guess we'll have to wait for the 24-hour bombing halt to end (and sadly, I assume it will) so we can be treated to new guilt pictures of the "worthy" children.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Sorry for the delay, but I spent time with my wife and kids and didn't have time to respond on a discussion board.<br><br>In response to <br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Where is your outrage? Or are you cool with the death of those youthful "terrorists"?<p><hr></blockquote><p>No I'm not cool with Hezbollah firing a 100 or so rockets into Northern Israel.<br>These rockets are unguided and there is only one military purpose to firing <br>them and that is to terrorize the population of Israel. I believe that Israel has<br>the right to defend itself just like any other country.<br><br>What I'm not cool with is Israel is not defending itself. It has launched a <br>compaign of indescriminatly bombing all of Lebanon killing hundreds of<br>civilians, which one third of them are children. At the same time Israel has<br>bombed roads, told people to leave and when they do, Israel kills civilians<br>in their vehicles that are trying to flee.<br><br>If an armed intruder enters my house I have the right to self defense. I don't<br>have to right to kill the intruder's family and anyone that is associated with<br>the intruder. This is what Israel is doing - they are not fighting Hezbollah<br>directly and defending themselves.<br><br>I have yet to hear Israel claim responsibility for the deaths of any Lebanese<br>civilian. I only hear either they are justified or somehow it was Hezbollah's <br>fault. Meanwhile, our leaders stand by and justify Israel's actions.<br><br>How can we morally call Hezbollah a terrrorist, while the actions of Israel<br>are even worse then the Terrorists they are fighting?<br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/31/06 08:51 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I have yet to hear Israel claim responsibility for the deaths of any Lebanese civilian. I only hear either they are justified or somehow it was Hezbollah's fault. Meanwhile, our leaders stand by and justify Israel's actions.<p><hr></blockquote><p>And what do you think the 24-hour bombing halt is all about? A day late and a dollar short, and hardly a satisfactory apology. But they have acknowledged their wrong-doing in this most recent and tragic bombing.<br><br>Israel's biggest mistake has been in assuming that they could quickly drive Hezbollah far enough from the border to establish security. The fact that they have failed, yet continue to pursue that strategy, is why the bombing has been so intense for this long, and has claimed so many lives. Israels' intent is not to kill Lebanese civilians. I think we can all agree that a modified battle plan may have been less costly in human life.<br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/31/06 09:29 AM

**Answer:<br>Just so they can claim what you're claiming now<br>but in the eyes of the entire world, not just a single post/thread/forum<br><br>Question:<br>Why does Israel make it a condition that Lebanon expell <br>Hezbellah when everyone (well everyone but Americans)<br>already knows that Israel failed in their attempt to do so For YEARS!<br><br>Exactly WHAT will ONE DAY accomplish? ((see Answer**))<br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/31/06 09:31 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>And what do you think the 24-hour bombing halt is all about? A day late and a dollar short, and hardly a satisfactory apology. But they have acknowledged their wrong-doing in this most recent and tragic bombing.<p><hr></blockquote><p>[color:blue]Following the incident that occurred yesterday morning, Sunday, July <br>30, 2006, in Qana, the IDF reiterates that the attack was carried out as a <br>result of the continuation over the last few days of rocket fire from the <br>targeted area against Israeli communities. Residents of all villages in the <br>vicinity, including Qana, were warned in advance to stay out of areas from <br>which rockets are launched against Israel.<br><br>"IDF acted tonight against terror targets in the village of Qana. Qana has <br>been used since the beginning of these events as a hideout and the place <br>from which approximately 150 rockets have been fired at the territory of the <br>State of Israel, in 30 salvos, some of which struck Haifa and points north," <br>said Major General Gadi Eizenkot, head of the Operations Branch, today.<br><br>IDF is distressed by all harm done to uninvolved civilians, despite the fact <br>that it comes as a direct result of the Hezbollah terror organization's criminal <br>exploitation of Lebanese civilians as human shields. "Even after this tragic <br>event, the circumstances of which are still being investigated, we appeal to <br>the residents of southern Lebanon to distance themselves from terrorists, to <br>distance themselves from launch areas, for their own safety," said Major <br>General Eizenkot.</font color=blue><br><br>http://www1.idf.il/DOVER/site/mainpage.asp?sl=EN&id=7&from=hp&docid=55356.EN<br><br>Maybe I'm just reading this differently than you, but I still see plenty of <br>references to blaiming Hezbollah for Israeli bombs killing civilians and not<br>taking full responsiblity.<br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/31/06 09:51 AM

Of course Israel is still blaming Hezbollah for much of the bombing, because in fact Hezbollah is using civilians as human shields and launching rockets from residential areas. Should Israel sit on it's ass and let the rockets come?<br><br>What Israel needs to do is face the fact that the air strikes are not the answer. They are killing too many of the wrong people and not routing Hezbollah. As costly as it will be in lives, they need to take the fight to the ground. Street to street and house. Many more soldiers will die. But far fewer civilians will.<br><br>Unless, of course, a cease fire occurs, or that multi-national force happens out of nowhere.<br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/31/06 10:08 AM

JUST GET OUT!<br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/31/06 10:10 AM

NO!<br><br>
Posted by: SlapLeather

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/31/06 10:19 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>f course Israel is still blaming Hezbollah for much of the bombing, because in fact Hezbollah is using civilians as human shields and launching rockets from residential areas. Should Israel sit on it's ass and let the rockets come?<br><br>What Israel needs to do is face the fact that the air strikes are not the answer. They are killing too many of the wrong people and not routing Hezbollah. As costly as it will be in lives, they need to take the fight to the ground. Street to street and house. Many more soldiers will die. But far fewer civilians will.<br><br>Unless, of course, a cease fire occurs, or that multi-national force happens out of nowhere.<p><hr></blockquote><p>In reality, the air strikes are working. Hezbollah is being routed and miscalculated the effects of their actions. A building collapsing approximately 8 hours after being bombed is indicative of incendiary causes, as is congregating or firing from a UN outpost location.<br><br>Street to street and house to house is exactly what Hezbollah wants. Any casualties resulting would still be deemed civilian.<br><br>No, Israel has no other choice. <br><br><br> <br><br>got to let your eyes adjust

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/31/06 10:25 AM

Israel has had many choices. This is not one of their better ones. And Hezbollah is still firing missiles without interruption.<br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/31/06 10:26 AM

Routed?<br><br>Or recruiting for 'em?<br><br>. . . . . Here's lookin' at [color:red]you</font color=red> kid.

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/31/06 10:32 AM

"Mishun 'complished!" <br><br><br><br><br>Neck rub anyone? <br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/31/06 10:44 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Israel has had many choices. This is not one of their better ones. And Hezbollah is still firing missiles without interruption.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Same story, different day. Just like cellophane.<br><br>Hezbollah's cache is diminishing.<br><br><br><br><br>got to let your eyes adjust

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/31/06 10:47 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Routed?<br><br>Or recruiting for 'em?<p><hr></blockquote><p>"Wiped off the face of the map" is recruiting in the highest form.<br><br><br><br><br>got to let your eyes adjust

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/31/06 10:52 AM

Ah well . . . no arguing with you, I see.<br><br>. . . . . Here's lookin' at [color:red]you</font color=red> kid.

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/31/06 11:07 AM

Then you agree with Iran. Israel should be "recruited"?<br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/31/06 11:20 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Then you agree with Iran. Israel should be "recruited"?<p><hr></blockquote><p>What?<br><br>Iran is recruiting for Al-Quaida, Hezbollah etc. So was Iraq and Syria is a perpetrator also. <br><br>You know that.<br><br><br><br><br>got to let your eyes adjust

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/31/06 11:24 AM

Slappy, Iran wants Israel "wiped off the map". You just referred to wiping Hezbollah off the map as "the highest form of recruitment". Get it?<br><br>If you're gonna poop on the floor, try not to step in it. K?<br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/31/06 11:38 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Slappy, Iran wants Israel "wiped off the map". You just referred to wiping Hezbollah off the map as "the highest form of recruitment". Get it?<br><br>If you're gonna poop on the floor, try not to step in it. K?<p><hr></blockquote><p>Look Steve, I'm sorry you misinterpreted my reply as referring to wiping Hezbollah off the map. I should have referenced the misguided Iranian Dicktator as the source. Get it?<br><br>Now, I'll use your doormat on the way out. K?<br><br><br><br><br><br>got to let your eyes adjust

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/31/06 11:49 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Of course Israel is still blaming Hezbollah for much of the bombing, because in fact Hezbollah is using civilians as human shields and launching rockets from residential areas. Should Israel sit on it's ass and let the rockets come?<p><hr></blockquote><p>So Hezbollah fires a missile and Israel bombs a building. The only item missing<br>in the pictures is the Hezbollah missile launcher that was destroyed.<br><br>Where is the misile launcher that Israel was targeting? It's not there because<br>Israel didn't target a misile launcher it targetted a building.<br><br>I find that disturbing.<br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/31/06 12:01 PM

You will find it what you want to find it. Israel can release all the tapes it wants of alleged missile launchers (before or after a strike). Some will believe it. Some will not. Political POV aside, I hardly think you — or I or anyone else here — is qualified to say what is and isn't a legitimate target based on what the media puts out. Let's be honest. The media will be biased one way or another, and each outlet will spin the news to favor its specific bias.<br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/31/06 01:47 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I hardly think you — or I or anyone else here — is qualified to say what is and isn't a legitimate target based on what the media puts out. Let's be honest. The media will be biased one way or another, and each outlet will spin the news to favor its specific bias.<p><hr></blockquote><p>From the Jerusalem Post - <br><br>[color:blue]A high-ranking IAF officer said the IDF had warned Kafr Kana residents <br>to evacuate the village in anticipation of airstrikes on Katyusha launchers. The <br>officer said the air force had been targeting the village for the past three <br>days and that on Saturday night it struck 10 targets there. He said the <br>building hit Sunday was chosen as a target after intelligence indicated that <br>Hizbullah guerrillas were hiding inside, where Katyusha rockets and launchers <br>were also hidden.</font color=blue><br><br>They didn't target a rocket launcher but a building and what they thought<br>was inside which of course turned out to be 60 civilians, mostly children and<br>no rockets, launchers or Hezbullah guerillas.<br><br>http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?apage=1&cid=1153292036218&pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull<br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/31/06 02:19 PM

Are you reading what you're posting?<br><br>Let's for just a second pretend that Israel's intel was good. That there were Hezbollah fighters in the building and a rocket launcher on the roof. That being the case, how do you propose they hit the men and ordinance without targeting the building? Should they drop leaflets a day before and request that Hezbollah move their men and launchers 100 yards away from the building so the bombers can get a better shot? <br><br>Unfortunately, the intel was n/g, and the wrong people were killed. But it's not as if the plan was to flatten a house and kill an innocent family just for giggles. Although I daresay that story will also be played up.<br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/31/06 02:52 PM

The president of Iran was democratically elected. We can't just decide that anyone who disagrees with our perspective is automatically a "tyrant."<br><br>. . . . . Here's lookin' at [color:red]you</font color=red> kid.

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/31/06 03:03 PM

automatically a "tyrant."<br><br>Or a "strong-arm dictator" ala Chavez.<br><br>We are what we repeatedly do. -Aristotle

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/31/06 03:16 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Let's for just a second pretend that Israel's intel was good.<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>I think that's the problem, Israel is pretending their intel is good.<br><br><br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/31/06 03:20 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>The president of Iran was democratically elected. We can't just decide that anyone who disagrees with our perspective is automatically a "tyrant."<p><hr></blockquote><p>The president of Iran was elected through oppressive, harsh and arbitrary means.<br> <br>A person in a position of power that repeatedly denies historical events and repeatedly calls for the total annihilation of the state of Israel is a "tyrant". <br><br><br><br><br>got to let your eyes adjust

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/31/06 03:45 PM

In that case, Israel wouldn't be the first to "buy" bogus intel. <br><br>That being said, they have acknowledged that it was a mistake. I don't think they're xeroxing Dubya's policy of bending information to match a rationale. But I doubt they're taking the time to thoroughly vet the information they get. They've set an aggressive schedule to push Hezbollah out of missile range, so they're not going to wait an extra day or two to verify a target.<br><br>But, as I said in my last post, you will read into the news what you want to see. So if you want to believe that Israel is deliberately blowing up kids, nothing I or anyone else can say will persuade you otherwise.<br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 07/31/06 03:57 PM

OK chief.<br><br>. . . . . Here's lookin' at [color:red]you</font color=red> kid.

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/03/06 06:21 PM

<br>Southern Beirut before and after shots.<br><br>No Rockets or Missiles were ever fired from Beirut (it's too far away).<br>But American made F-16 jets can easily fly over Beirut and drop American<br>made smart bombs, flattening one apartment building at a time.<br><br>The Israeli's are nice enought to drop leavelets before destroying these<br>people's homes.<br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/03/06 06:28 PM

In the meantime eight Israeli civilians were killed and more than 25 injured in another Hezbollah rocket attack today. But we'll let that go because they're were probably terrorists anyway.<br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/04/06 06:19 AM

I'm sure Israel will flatten more apartment buildings in Beirut in retaliation,<br>err I mean 'self defence' today, tonight, tomorrow. This of course, won't<br>stop the rockets being fired by Hezbollah, because that's not where the <br>rockets are. But is sure is safer to drop bombs on buildings than actually<br>fight the enemy where they are - on the ground and in the south.<br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/04/06 06:28 AM

I should know better than to present another perspective on this topic. Your single-mindedness is quite clear. There is only one bad guy in this fight, and it sure ain't Hezbollah.<br><br>We now return you to our regularly scheduled bias.<br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/04/06 09:03 AM

The topic of this thread is "Israel - the new world Terrorists" so I'm just<br>presenting the facts of what Israel is doing to earn this label - Terrorists.<br><br>What Hezbollah is or isn't doing, doesn't change the facts of what Israel<br>is doing, which is under the guise of 'self defense' they are indiscriminately<br>bombing all of Lebanon killing innocent civilians and terrorizing the whole <br>population while claiming to fight a 'terrorist' group that at the most has<br>several hundrend militant members and few thousand supporters.<br><br>This action is unjustifiable and labeling Hezbollah a terrorist group while<br>not labeling Israel a terrorist state is hypocritical.<br><br>We have new words such as terrorism, pre-emptive strikes, collateral damage,<br>to justify our actions and results. These words are the single-minded thoughts<br>that can only be applied to one side of the conflict. Words of convenience.<br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/04/06 09:16 AM

Yes. It's quite obvious what you're pointing out. But it's also clear that you've chosen to completely ignore the very long and convoluted history of this and other conflicts in the Middle East, wherein there has been no single, clear cut white hat or black hat. I have no argument that what Israel has been doing is overkill. And I've stated that often. But to ignore history. To take the position that the conflict is and always has been a no-brainer is, well... you said it yourself: convenient.<br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/04/06 09:52 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>But it's also clear that you've chosen to completely ignore the very long and convoluted history of this and other conflicts in the Middle East<p><hr></blockquote><p>I guess what you're trying to say is (or more correctly - what I'm reading into this), <br>History has created a moral bank account out there that Israel can withdrawal<br> some immorality today and should not be labeled a terrorist state because<br> there is some 'moral' balance left in that account?<br><br>So, how much morality is in this account. Is there enough for them to drop<br>an atomic bomb on Beirut? Enough for them fire a few ICBM's at Syria and Iran<br>who are supporting Hezbollah. When does it run out, or perhaps it won't<br>run out at all. If so, then that would definitely be single minded.<br><br>What purpose does factoring in the "very long and convoluted history of this"<br>then to handicap the evaluation of actions today to favor one side or the other.<br><br><br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/04/06 11:11 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>What Hezbollah is or isn't doing, doesn't change the facts of what Israel<br>is doing,<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>And what Israel is doing doesn't change the fact the people of Lebanon were pacifists in letting Hezbollah attack Israel from their soil, so they're just as guilty as anyone else in this conflict. I'd say that makes the "innocent" label you give them little more than laughable. Especially if Hezbollah only has a few hundred members as you'd like us to think. Not only does that make them guilty, it makes them stupid as well.<br><br><br><br>Hey I'm an F'n Jerk!<

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/04/06 11:12 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>The Israeli's are nice enought to drop leavelets before destroying these<br>people's homes.<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>They need to go back, looks like they missed a few.<br><br><br><br>Hey I'm an F'n Jerk!<

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/04/06 12:08 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>And what Israel is doing doesn't change the fact the people of Lebanon were pacifists in letting Hezbollah attack Israel from their soil, so they're just as guilty as anyone else in this conflict. I'd say that makes the "innocent" label you give them little more than laughable.<p><hr></blockquote><p>I see, being a pacifist makes you stupid, guilty and is perfectly justfiable to <br>kill them indescriminately. Nice world you want to live in.<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Especially if Hezbollah only has a few hundred members as you'd like us to think.<p><hr></blockquote><p>What I'd like you to think? Hmmm...<br><br>what I said - "while claiming to fight a 'terrorist' group that at the most <br>has several hundrend militant members and few thousand supporters."<br><br>what the US state department says - "Thousands of supporters, several<br> thousand members, and a few hundred terrorist operatives."<br><br>http://www.state.gov/s/ct/rls/crt/2005/65275.htm<br><br>I didn't count the Hezbollah numbers, the US state department did.<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>They need to go back, looks like they missed a few.<p><hr></blockquote><p>That after photo was taken July 22, they just might have gone back to<br>get the buildings they missed.<br><br><br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/04/06 02:15 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I see, being a pacifist makes you stupid, guilty and is perfectly justfiable to<br>kill them indescriminately. Nice world you want to live in.<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>Sorry if I paint the world the way it is.<br><br><br><br>Hey I'm an F'n Jerk!<
Posted by: Topper

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/04/06 04:58 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>And what Israel is doing doesn't change the fact the people of Lebanon were pacifists in letting Hezbollah attack Israel from their soil, so they're just as guilty as anyone else in this conflict. I'd say that makes the "innocent" label you give them little more than laughable. Especially if Hezbollah only has a few hundred members as you'd like us to think. Not only does that make them guilty, it makes them stupid as well.<p><hr></blockquote><p>I agree with you word for word.<br>But on this forum that is an unpopular stance to take.<br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/04/06 06:57 PM

You can spin it any way you want to. Or make it as black and white as it needs to be to support your point of view. Just be very careful walking down the stairs with such shallow depth perception.<br><br>Morality accounts? Handicapping? IC, you're the one with the totally stilted POV. Don't accuse me of the same when I at least look at the longer view and factor the history of the region into the mix.<br><br>But don't sweat it. I know when I'm wasting my time. So carry on your daily news update, and I'll get my info elsewhere.<br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/05/06 05:59 AM

<br>Ambulances make great target practice for the Israeli armed forces.<br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/08/06 08:40 AM

<br>The UN is warning of an environmental catastrophe in the Mediterranean as a <br>large oil slick threatens the coasts of Lebanon and Syria. The oil largely <br>stems from fuel tanks at the coastal power station at Jiyyeh, which was <br>bombed by Israeli aircraft on 13 and 15 July.<br><br>http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/5255966.stm<br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/09/06 09:23 AM

<br>23 Syrian workers were killed when Israel fired 4 missiles at a refrigerated<br>warehouse at the Syrian/Lebanon border. These workers were loading<br>vegetables and fruits onto trucks headed to Syria.<br><br>In Israel, army spokesman Capt. Jacob Dallal said that the army suspected <br>that the warehouse was used for arms because they tracked a truck believed<br> to be carrying weapons going into the building from the Syrian side, stayed<br> inside for about 90 minutes, then returning to Syria.<br><br>source<br>------------------------------<br><br>There you go, a truck entered the warehouse from Syria and then left back<br>to Syria, it was only a matter of time before Israel had to kill some civilians<br>in retaliation.<br><br><br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>
Posted by: djstefan

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/09/06 11:30 AM

Who are the bad guys in this war? The better question would be.... Are there any good guys?<br><br>_________________________________________<br>Just a different kinda geek...

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/09/06 12:14 PM

Dammit, dj, this may be the first post you've ever made that I absolutely, totally, and unconditionally agree with! <br><br><br>I love you, man. <br>Come, let us sing Kumbaya together.<br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/09/06 09:52 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Who are the bad guys in this war? The better question would be.... Are there any good guys?<p><hr></blockquote><p>Good question.<br><br>Let's review - <br><br>2 Israeli soldiers were kidnapped which resulted in a "Crisis", notice the<br>lack of the word "War" because this really isn't a "War", well technically<br>Lebanon and Israel are at War because a formal peace agreement has never<br>been signed. Or technically, the "War" on terrorism is on because Hezbollah<br>has been designated a terrorist orgranization.<br><br>So we have a "War".<br><br>Only it's Lebanon vs. Israel. In the sense that Hezbollah being a state within<br>a state is firing rockets at Israel, so Israel rather than targeting Hezbollah<br>who are the terrorists, are targeting Lebanon the country as a sort of collective<br>punishment for not disarming Hezbollah - heck they had 2 years Lebanon<br>should have disarmed Hezbollah by now, even though after more than 20<br>years of occupation Israel couldn't disarm Hezbollah.<br><br>This is the "war on terrorism" - you know the one that Bush said either "you <br>are with us or you are against us". So the bad guys are Hezbollah because<br>they are the "terrorists" and Israel is fighting the "war on Terrorism" so they<br>are the good guys.<br><br>So far in this "War on Terrorism" - <br><br>Over a 100 Israeli citizens have been killed - mostly soldiers.<br>Over a 1000 Lebanon citizens have been killed - mostly civlians.<br>More Lebanese children have been killed than Israeli citizens.<br><br>Hezbollah is using primitive unguided rockets and Ak-47 rifles in close combat.<br>Israel is using the latest weapons provide by the US, fighter planes, tanks,<br>helicopters, etc. Yet ISRAEL HAS KILLED MORE CHILDREN THAN TERRORISTS <br>Yeah, let's do a collective WTF! What is going on?<br><br>Meanwhile in the UN, the US, which happens to be the weapons provider for<br>Israel, is looking for a "lasting peace" while Hezbollah and Lebanon have already<br>given a 7 point peace proposal, while Israel has made war plans for the <br>next 30 days.<br><br>You decide if there are good guys or bad guys.<br><br>-----------------------------------------------------<br><br>If this is the way we are going to fight terrorists by dropping smart bombs<br>on children, flattening apartment buildings in cities, creating environmental<br>catastrophes, shooting at Red cross ambulances, blowing up UN peace keeping<br>posts, destroying fishing boats, destroying a country and their economy to<br>fight a bunch of terrorists that number several hundred then I say we and I <br>mean we, the western world, that has labeled these people terrorists<br>have become no better and in fact worse than the terrorists we are fighting.<br><br>We have become worse than our enemy. We are the new terrorists.<br><br>Here is what we sponsor and let Israel do -<br><br><br>This is not a military target, this is someone's fishing boat. Someone's livelihood.<br>Someone needed this fishing boat to provide for their family. What possible<br>military use would this fishing boat serve? Israel has smart bombs, it's not<br>like they accidentally hit this boat. It was targeted for what ever reason.<br><br>but steveg would like you believe that this is complicated and "history" has<br>to factored. Topper is having a beer, while SgtBaxter is calling this fisherman<br>that lost his boat stupid and guilty, but wants you to donate to the American<br>Red Cross. Pretty f[/i]ucked up if you ask me.<br><br>If this is the War on Terrorism, count me out, I want no part of this.<br><br><br><br>[i][color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>
Posted by: TreeBeard

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/10/06 01:40 AM

The Iron Chef has made some very pertinent points.<br><br>Either The US make crap weapons systems and train idiots to use them ..or.. We have a case of deliberate attempted genocide of the Lebanese people. The next generation will all be dead before they have time to form a religious or political bias. Obviously Israel's plan is to kill off all those who may one day grow up to remember this atrocity.<br><br><br>but where will we be when the future comes?

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/10/06 03:08 AM

Yes, IC always makes pertinent points. So long as they support his POV exclusively, that is. Even when dj makes the obvious and inarguable point that no one entity is totally without culpability in this conflict. Oh my heavens no! Only Israel can wear the black hat here, friends. Hezbollah? They're just a bunch of misunderstood teens. Cut 'em a little slack, eh? Lebanon et al? That's another story. Can't deny that too many non-Hezbollah casualties have resulted. What Israel is trying to do is get those damned rocket launchers out of play ASAP and at any cost. Part one is a perfectly legitimate military strategy. Part 2 (at any cost) is where the legitimacy breaks down. That's a no-brainer. And unfortunately, the 10:1 death ratio is what one should expect from Israel. You slap them, they'll throw you a haymaker. It's an historic over-reaction that at one time was necessary, and has now become less appropriate.<br><br>There's an old anecdote from the 6-Day War: An Arab commander sends 3 battalions and tank column over a hill to take out an Israeli mortar installation. 20 minutes later one Arab soldier, bloodied and tattered, appears at the top of the hill waving what's left of his shirt. "Retreat." he shouts to his commander. "It's an ambush. There are TWO of them!"<br><br>This, unfortunately, is how Israel operates because after thousands of years of persecution and mass evictions, they've dug in their collective heals. I don't see that as justification for killing so many Lebanese innocents, but I do find it rather ironic that you accuse Israel of attempting to do what the president of Iran has vowed to do to them. Or what the Nazis damn near succeeded in doing 60-some years ago.<br><br>No, Israel is not out to vaporize the rest of the region. They are doing what they think is necessary to make sure the state is safe today, and safe tomorrow. Unfortunately, their idea of justification no longer jives with the world today.<br><br>
Posted by: Llewelyn

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/10/06 04:58 AM

[quote]Over a 100 Israeli citizens have been killed - mostly soldiers.<br>Over a 1000 Lebanon citizens have been killed - mostly civlians.{/quote]<br><br>I think you'll find ALL the Lebanese killed are classed as citizens - Hezbollah members are not classed as "soldiers". They hide within the citizenry, they fire their rockets from civilian neighbourhoods, and the store their munitions in peoples homes.<br><br>The problem with this state of affairs is that you cannot target their supplies or their launchers without hitting unintended targets - no matter how accurate those weapons you are using are.<br><br><br><br>Another thing to consider - if the Israelis win, Lebanon will still exist. If they lose, the country of Israel will be wiped from the face of the earth. Knowing they only have to lose once, you think they're going to hold back against anyone attacking them?<br><br><br>- This is gonna get pretty interesting. <br>- Define "interesting". <br>- Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die..
Posted by: watcher

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/10/06 05:31 AM

Nothing about justification exists in your writings. So. Are you a persecuted Jew? OR.. Do you just enjoy persecuting others for having a different view?<br>Your signature stamp seems to imply something along those lines. http://homepage.mac.com/sgreenblatt/.Pictures/MacMinute/creepstamp1.jpg<br><br><br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/10/06 05:45 AM

No one wins wars .. There are only survivors. Survivors whose lives are tainted until the end of their days.<br><br>There have always been other ways to resolve issues.<br>Israel claims to be a state founded around a religious ideal. Yet never chooses to follow the teachings of that path in communications with it's neighbours.<br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/10/06 06:33 AM

Did I offer any justification? No. Did I claim to be a persecuted Jew? No. Am I persecuting anyone or their views? Well, I guess in your myopic world, to disagree or to offer another perspective is to persecute. <br><br>And my sig has nothing to do with any of what's been discussed on this topic. But go ahead, make up whatever works for you.<br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/10/06 06:49 AM

Stepping between watcher and steveg.<br>Wondering all the while why Mel Gibson is labelled anti-semetic and struck off the celebrity list while steveg can make racist jokes about the Arabs.<br><br>Lets talk about persecution. Israel always does.<br><br>Waleed probably knows far more about persecution than can fit in all of steveg's history books but yet this is far less than for than any of those(still living), who actually are Israel's nearest neighbours.<br><br>Let's talk about safe today safe tomorrow = Lay down your guns.<br><br>Jewish idea of justification has never jived with the world, on any day. Jews have tended to use the label of persecution against anyone who didn't jive. In fact even against each other. The most horrifying TV I have ever seen was two Jews arguing over the semantics of the differences between the way they interpret the holy persecution books.<br><br>Talk about how we should be able to get along nothing complex about it at all.. lay down your guns .. steveg.. practice what you preach. Stop calling people names .. stop persecuting us. Cease and desist with the forked tongue.<br><br>You really want peace? .. melt down your weaponry. <br><br>http://www.aftenposten.no/english/sports/article1415868.ece<br><br>This, about terrorists: <blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p><br>"This is not about communities. This is about criminals. This is about murder, people who want to commit mass murder," he said.<br><br>"This is not anything to do with any particular community. This is about people who might masquerade within a community behind certain faiths."<br><br>"This is about people who are desperate, desperate people who would want to do things that no right-minded citizen of this country or any other country would want to tolerate."<p><hr></blockquote><p>This was a tactic employed by the Viet-Cong in Vietnam, this infiltrating of innocent villages. It was possible to be counteracted then, so why is it insoluble now? Because the same response is still given.<br><br>but where will we be when the future comes?

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/10/06 07:15 AM

So I'd love to hear your solution to these issues. From what I gather Hezbollah wants all Jews dead, and the Jews do not wish to oblige.<br><br>Also which part of Judaism is the Israel state not following - remember the likes of "Love thy neighbour" is drawn from the New Testament of the Christian bible - which the Jewish faith does not recognise.<br><br><br>- This is gonna get pretty interesting. <br>- Define "interesting". <br>- Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die..

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/10/06 07:29 AM

<br>You apparently missed the link to David ben Guren <br>having been the one to have coined the infamous phrase "...to push a people into the sea"<br>during the Ethnic Cleansing enacted upon the Palestinians while The State of Israel was<br>being newly formed:<br><br>A Picture's Worth 1000 Words:<br><br><br><br>so it would seem that that phrase only goes to typify the practice here of accusing others<br>of doing Exactly what you your self are doing, in order to garner Sympathy to your cause.<br><br><br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/10/06 07:46 AM

Is this an Aussie thing? These half-cocked off-the-wall remarks? <br>What racist joke? Show me the racism in the 30-year-old anecdote I presented.<br>What persecution? you imply. Right. The Holocaust never happened.<br>What name calling, may I ask?<br>What forked tongue? Show me where I've lied. Oops. I attempted to presented another perspective. My bad.<br><br>In other words WHAT the hell are you rambling on about? Oh yes. Lay down your arms so Iran can fulfill it's dream. It's soooooo simple! *smacks self on forehead*<br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/10/06 07:51 AM

One only needs to read your posts .. obviously you don't.<br><br><br>but where will we be when the future comes?

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/10/06 08:04 AM

I asked specific questions about your very specific charges. Instead of specific answers, I get — what else — dodge ball and failed glibness. Thanks for maintaining the same ol' same ol'.<br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/10/06 08:23 AM

Perhaps he means your off-the wall quips Like This One<br><br>And what's with the "Holocaust Never Happening" remark?<br>You're not dragging out the "everyone that disagrees with<br>Israel is automatically a 'NAZI' " crap again, ...are you? <br><br>That's always your "TRUMP-CARD" in a pinch... <br><br>....time to get some new material. <br><br> ...searching for my 'beating a dead horse' smilie<br>{EDIT: couldn't locate the dead horse This will just have to do} <br><br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Celandine on 08/10/06 11:54 AM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/10/06 08:37 AM

I figured it wouldn't be long before Australia's most ardent groupie added her .02. <br><br><br> Oopsie. Did I just call you a name? Golly that was almost as bad as "Tin BurgerFlipper". Kinda tame though, compared to being called a terrorist. And speaking of trump cards, don't forget the shark attack reference. Wouldn't be a real thread without it. Oh, and one more thing while we're on the topic. Show me where I called anyone a Nazi. Show me if you can. Or is this more of your trademark hit and run BS.<br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/10/06 09:02 AM

<br>You're on another roll!<br>...not just racist, but lashing out at our allies as well. kewl!<br><br>The "HOLOCAUST NEVER HAPPENED" remark was the Key Phrase.<br>apparently Treebeard was right, ...you don't read your own posts.<br><br>I have no time to play with you today...<br>I have a New SuperDrive to install. ~ta ta~<br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/10/06 09:14 AM

So Hezbollah are justified in their attack on Israel, because Israel killed some arabs, because some arabs killed some israeli's.....ad infinitum until we get back to Abraham?<br><br>When does it end? Seems to me this latest round started because some Hezbollah operatives went onto Israeli soil captured a pair of Israeli Reservists and then launched a load of rockets at Israel. Why? As justification for Israel having occupied Southern Lebanon for an extended period of time? And what was Israel's justification for their occupation?<br><br><br>But it's clear that the purpose of this thread is to justify the reasons we all need to "hate the jews". Though the prime posters don't seem to need a reason, so I can only assume they're prosletising for their belief system - sorry but I ain't interested in joining <br><br><br>- This is gonna get pretty interesting. <br>- Define "interesting". <br>- Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die..

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/10/06 09:23 AM

Looky Looky!<br><br>Going through the AU Forum before unplugging the 'pute;<br>I stumbled upon what seems to bave brought TB here Sueing For Peace:<br><br>He's an avid 'Cricketeer'<br><br>The only thing I'm "ardent" about<br>is the open-mindedness of the members...<br>...and their awe-inspiring Love of 'FAIR PLAY'!<br><br>Sorry, Mate, I find No Shame In This.<br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/10/06 09:30 AM

So now anyone protesting this conflict is a terrorist?<br>well, I suppose that's new material...<br><br>BTW, step back one more step<br>to where the "terrorists" captured the soldiers<br>to use as bargaining chips to try to win the release<br>of some of the 8,000 "Arabs" being held without trial<br>in Israeli prisons.<br><br>NOT 'COPPING OUT': JUST BUSY<br>> so have fun piling your crapon < I have some backing up to do. <br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/10/06 09:37 AM

LOL ...about the "Going back to Abraham" thing....<br><br>Wasn't that when Abraham (father of both nations)<br>drove his own son by his wife's Arabic maidservant out into the desert ....TO DIE?<br><br><br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/10/06 09:50 AM

GAWD! Don't want to EDIT without WARNING EVERYONE:<br><br>So Just WHERE in ANY Post by The Iron Chef does he advocate violence <br>to Israel? All I see is unheeded pleas (and a lot of ridicule) to try and bring <br>some understanding of what it's like to watch your country being blown to bits <br>in what is obviously fast becoming a hopeless situation.<br><br>DUH... His Bad!<br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/10/06 09:55 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Obviously Israel's plan is to kill off all those who may one day grow up to remember this atrocity.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Just as obvious as the idiocy of the people of Lebanon who've gone through this time and time again by allowing militant groups hostile to Israel to set up camp in their country. Anyone ever hear of the PLO?<br><br>Fool them once, shame on Israel. Fool them twice, well then they're just stupid. <br><br>As DJ points out, there are no innocents in this conflict no matter how much crapchef wants us to think there are.<br><br><br><br>Hey I'm an F'n Jerk!<

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/10/06 10:02 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>BTW, step back one more step<br>to where the "terrorists" captured the soldiers<br>to use as bargaining chips to try to win the release<br>of some of the 8,000 "Arabs" being held without trial<br>in Israeli prisons.<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>Then step back to Israeli travellers who drive to work every single day and are pelted with sniper fire... <br><br>Again, both sides have their hands dirty and "stepping back" doesn't do anything but give you a reason to step back one more time.<br><br>The world should just stay out of it (by that I mean don't give either side any weapons) and let 'em duke it out until only one remains. I'm willing to bet there would be a lot more Israeli real estate.<br><br><br><br>Hey I'm an F'n Jerk!<

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/10/06 10:07 AM

Uh... I write them. And I READ them before I submit them.<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>The "HOLOCAUST NEVER HAPPENED" remark was the Key Phrase.<br>apparently Treebeard was right, ...you don't read your own posts.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Your phone is off the hook. Again. One does not need to be a Nazi — not even a Nazi sympathizer — to deny the occurrence of the Holocaust. So again... show me where I called anyone a Nazi.<br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/10/06 10:07 AM

Some facts and figures on the cost of this 'war'<br><br>http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5257128.stm<br><br><br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/10/06 10:12 AM

<br>Lebanese civilians receiving their eviction notice from the Israeli Air Force.<br><br>Looks like three more districts of Beirut will soon be bombed.<br><br>http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4776627.stm<br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/10/06 10:24 AM

So you missed my point - HOW FAR BACK DO YOU WANT THE JUSTIFICATION TO CONTINUE TO???<br><br>Every piece of violence begats another and another and another. You cannot have peace if the warring factions do not wish to let bygones be bygones but always demand retribution before they'll consider peace.<br><br>You can keep stepping back until you reach the big bang - you will always find the justification for either side to conitnue a conflict. Hezbollah didn't NEED to capture the soldiers as bargaining chips, but they chose to do it. Like Watcher said<br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>There have always been other ways to resolve issues.<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>But neither side in this conflict wishes to take heed of that little pearl of wisdom, and so the mess continues. Hezbollah continues to play the western media like a cheap fiddle. The government/people of Lebanon allow these "freedom fighters" to live and combat from their midst. And the Israelis overreact to an attack on their citizens and homes. I'm sorry but until someone over there sees some sense IC is just blowing smoke into a cat5 hurricane.<br><br>But of course we could always blame GWB for not going in to stop this conflict and then if he did, we can then blame him for getting young american soldiers killed by roadside bombs. Because no other country in this world seems to be stepping up to the plate to stop this either. The way I see it, standing on a table at the UN shouting "please stop shooting each other" isn't going to get you much more than a sore throat.<br><br><br>- This is gonna get pretty interesting. <br>- Define "interesting". <br>- Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die..

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/10/06 11:02 AM

Such is so:<br><br>And when I held out my hand<br>to let those begones be gone<br>on this forum<br><br>Steve again chose to slap it away...<br><br>How can we expect any different in the M.E. <br>with that sort of prevailing mindset in play?<br><br>::took time to recheck procedure<br>and make a few hand-made diagrams<br>of the screw-locations ...and to check<br>back here.... before unplugging.... c'ya::<br><br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/10/06 11:32 AM

Jesus H Christ! It always has to come back to poor little you. Get over yourself already. Take a long hard look at the vulgarity you unleash on people around here (those who's legs your not humping, that is). Yeah. I'm the Israel poster boy. WAR WAR WAR!!! ALL I WANT IS WAR!<br><br>Yeah. Go check those screws. I daresay a few need tightening.<br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/10/06 12:38 PM

You're equating conflict in the Middle East to your little tiff with Steve?!?! My you do have a persecution complex!<br><br><br>- This is gonna get pretty interesting. <br>- Define "interesting". <br>- Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die..
Posted by: mojo_jojo

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/10/06 12:52 PM

Careful. Those images may have been reutered. <br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/10/06 12:53 PM

You mean they might be Fauxtography?<br><br><br>- This is gonna get pretty interesting. <br>- Define "interesting". <br>- Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die..
Posted by: mojo_jojo

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/10/06 01:07 PM

Yes. Even the NY Times retracted a front page staged picture yesterday. It is quite laughable and really makes much of the news/propaganda seem cartoonsish. <br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/10/06 01:09 PM

Well, it can be very hard to tell the difference between an Israeli (or Jew) and a shark. Some clues: the Jew gets his chum wholesale; the Israeli just steals it outright; the shark has to be hand-fed. <br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/10/06 03:18 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Careful. Those images may have been reutered.<p><hr></blockquote><p>I'm sure the 'bloggers in denial' have already disputed this photo.<br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/10/06 03:19 PM

d'oh, and here was me thinking the shark didn't care if the chum was kosher <br><br><br>- This is gonna get pretty interesting. <br>- Define "interesting". <br>- Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die..

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/10/06 03:28 PM

You mean... it's NOT?<br><br>Oy gevuldt. <br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/10/06 03:30 PM

Yes unfortunately, there have been doctored images circulating but this still cannot alter the fact that violence is a senseless way to attempt reaching a peace. <br><br>It is not a case of who is right and who is wrong = apart from the fact that two wrongs cannot make a right.<br><br>Hezbollah are wrong to use violence. There is no excuse for their violence<br><br>Israel are wrong to use violence. There is no excuse for their violence.<br><br>If they want to stop the killing, they have to learn to share the resources.<br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/10/06 03:54 PM

Resources? You think this is about resources?! This is just the latest installment in a conflict that that goes back thousands of years. It's about religion. It's about ideology. It's about philosophy. It's about birthrights for chrissake! And it's about land — as in Homeland. As wonderful as it would be, you don't just call "TIME!" and bring a thousands-year-old debate to a dead stop. Doesn't matter what you say (or what you want). Israel ain't listening. Hezbollah ain't listening. Iran ain't listening... <br><br>We're talking about a part of the world where every nation, state, and man is looking out for their own interests. Period. Because if you let your guard down for a nano second, you are toast! It's been that way since before biblical times. And it'll be that way for a very very long time. No one's suggesting you resign yourself to that fact. But you would do well to accept it and understand it. At the very least, it'll help you manage your own expectations.<br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/10/06 07:10 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Resources? You think this is about resources?! This is just the latest installment in a conflict that that goes back thousands of years. It's about religion. It's about ideology. It's about philosophy. It's about birthrights for chrissake! And it's about land — as in Homeland. As wonderful as it would be, you don't just call "TIME!" and bring a thousands-year-old debate to a dead stop. Doesn't matter what you say (or what you want). Israel ain't listening. Hezbollah ain't listening. Iran ain't listening... <br><br>We're talking about a part of the world where every nation, state, and man is looking out for their own interests. Period. Because if you let your guard down for a nano second, you are toast! It's been that way since before biblical times. And it'll be that way for a very very long time. No one's suggesting you resign yourself to that fact. But you would do well to accept it and understand it. At the very least, it'll help you manage your own expectations.<p><hr></blockquote><p>And this explains why Hezbollah is a terrorist organization and Israel is not. Right. <br><br>Anyways, <br><br>The '3000 years of conflict' is an Israeli thing to justify the creation of the<br>state of Israel in 1948. Oh the long list of empires that have invaded their<br>homeland!<br><br>On the other hand,<br><br>Hezbollah, formed in 1982, is not biblical in nature. Hezbollah's nature is to defend<br>Lebanon from foreign invasion and instill Islamic values and rule in Lebanon.<br>And finally, they don't recognized the state of Israel.<br><br>The idea of denying the existence of Israel (created in 1948) and it's desire to form a Islamic Republic<br>(an idea that maybe dates back to 1947*) doesn't jive with your "they have<br>been fighting for 1000's of years" explanation. Those are modern day ideas, not biblical.<br><br>These ideas of Islamic Republics or Islamic Revolution were born from<br>the desire to be free from modern western world influence and corruption.<br>We, the western world, created the problems in the middle east in the first<br>place, this is their revolution. Only we don't accept their 'revolution' as being<br>anything but a bunch of terrorists.<br><br><br>Dress it up anyway you want, but Hezbollah and Israel have been in conflict<br>since 1982.<br><br>* formation of Pakistan.<br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/10/06 07:41 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Dress it up anyway you want<p><hr></blockquote><p>Isn't that exactly what you're doing?<br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/10/06 08:37 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Isn't that exactly what you're doing?<p><hr></blockquote><p>I'm presenting my opinion based on facts I've collected. Surprise! You call<br>me one sided, I call myself not schizophrenic. I have only one opinion, not like<br>you who seems to have several, depending on whom you're talking to.<br><br><br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/10/06 11:35 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Jesus H Christ! It always has to come back to poor little you. *Get over yourself already. Take a long hard look at the vulgarity you unleash on people around here (**those who's legs your not humping, that is). Yeah. I'm the Israel poster boy. WAR WAR WAR!!! ALL I WANT IS WAR!<br><br>Yeah. Go check those screws. I daresay a few need tightening.<p><hr></blockquote><p>HOLY MOSES!<br><br>How could it be about ME ME ME!?! <br>when it's obviously always about YOU YOU YOU?!?<br>I never said I wasn't a vulgar person (a common person)<br>Sorry I don't live up to YOUR standards. (and still not Giving a Crap)<br>You still manage to get it BackArsward, doancha? I don't hate that you're a Jew,<br>I hate that you're Nothing but an Arsehole HIDING BEHIND The Fact That He's Jewish!<br><br>BIG DIFFERENCE!<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>**Leg Humping?<br>Naw, nothing VULGAR about YOU! <br>The Double Standard Rides Again! Heigh Ho SIlver, AWAY!<br>* And I'll 'Get Over Myself' the day YOU Do. <br>Gotta' love those names you hang on yourself: "SCHMUCK" indeed!<br><br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/10/06 11:44 PM

Doanwanna edit<br>since that rattles Steve so much<br><br>But I wanted to add an apology to the IronChef <br>for allowing this horse-hockey to clog your thread.<br><br><br><br>I'm outta' here.<br><br><br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/11/06 02:20 AM

It's called seeing both sides of the story, IC. Something that seems beyond your reach, since when someone else presents their opinion based on the facts they've collected, you get kinda testy. Your newfound girlfriend often accused me of fence-sitting, and my answer has always been that you often get a better view from up their. You stare at the same thing for too long, and pretty son your eyes cross and you start getting headaches.<br><br>BTW, oh Great Collector of Facts, if the "schizophrenic" reference is supposed to somehow imply multiple personalities (as your assessment attempt to show), you might wanna "collect" the correct definition of that word, too. Just keepin' you honest...<br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/11/06 02:55 AM

Steve I just noticed that the flashing light on your head is supposed to be an apple logo in sleep mode...and I thought I was observant...<br><br>There could be worse things than being a schizophrenic, you could be a schizophraniac, which is even worse.<br><br>We are what we repeatedly do. -Aristotle

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/11/06 03:02 AM

Nah. I'm too busy being an *arsehole*. <br><br>

Bidnes as YOUSE-ual - 08/11/06 03:16 AM

<br><br>I'm placing a printout of this image on the wall right above my display, too. It will serve as my rear-view mirror. Because that's precisely where I'm placing you now. Behind me. I refuse to waste one more keystroke on you (a decision I should have made long ago). I think the rest of the members here have seen enough of this train wreck. And, everyone, if I ever fall off the wagon, feel free to flame broil my ass (or is it arse?) into next Wednesday.<br><br>I'll still be here and I'll still be who I am, but you, Celandine, will be invisible to me. Ahhhhhh. I feel better already.<br><br>-30-<br><br>

Re: Bidnes as YOUSE-ual - 08/11/06 05:58 AM

<center><br><h3>GOOD!</h3><br><br><br></center><br><br><br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/11/06 06:04 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>BTW, oh Great Collector of Facts, if the "schizophrenic" reference is supposed to somehow imply multiple personalities (as your assessment attempt to show), you might wanna "collect" the correct definition of that word, too. Just keepin' you honest...<br><p><hr></blockquote><p>Thanks, I double checked my dictionary, and I'll<br>stand by the way I used "schizophrenic" in my sentence.<br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/11/06 06:09 AM

So, what else is new?<br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/11/06 06:50 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>So, what else is new?<p><hr></blockquote><p>For someone that thinks replying to my single minded black and white<br>opinion is a waste of bandwidth, getting the last word in seems to be <br>fixation for you as well.<br><br>schizophrenia - (general use) a mentality or approach characterized by <br>inconsistent or contradictory elements.<br><br>But it seems you have an opinion on everything. Long on opinions, short<br>on facts. Or maybe you truly know everything with that view you have - must<br>be a grand view.<br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/11/06 07:06 AM

Seems you're pretty long on your own opinions. And pretty good at finding just the right facts to support your POV. I'm not short on facts (just short, period). It's just that whatever facts or opinions I present fly in the face of your particular reality. I've got my POV, and you've got yours. If mine is a little more forgiving than yours, I can see why you'd call it inconsistent. And speaking of "the last word", you don't do so badly yourself. Or is that you just don't like to be rebutted?<br><br>I could say we can just agree to disagree, but then I'd probably be guilty of gawd-knows-what other psychological psyndrome.<br><br><br>Back to you, IC.<br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/11/06 08:45 AM

Look man .. are you sure there isn't two sides to any story?<br><br>Like, when are you going to realise?<br><br>That anyone can see where you are coming from?<br><br><br>but where will we be when the future comes?

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/11/06 09:14 AM

Look man... I always take the position that EVERY story has two sides, and that the truth is most often in the middle. I've said quite often here.<br><br>Like when are you going to realize?<br><br>That you have no idea where I'm coming from — other than where you'd like me to be coming from so you'll have something else to whine about.<br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/11/06 10:27 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Resources? You think this is about resources?! This is just the latest installment in a conflict that that goes back thousands of years. It's about religion. It's about ideology. It's about philosophy. It's about birthrights for chrissake! And it's about land — as in Homeland. As wonderful as it would be, you don't just call "TIME!" and bring a thousands-year-old debate to a dead stop. Doesn't matter what you say (or what you want). Israel ain't listening. Hezbollah ain't listening. Iran ain't listening...<br><br>We're talking about a part of the world where every nation, state, and man is looking out for their own interests. Period. Because if you let your guard down for a nano second, you are toast! It's been that way since before biblical times. And it'll be that way for a very very long time. No one's suggesting you resign yourself to that fact. But you would do well to accept it and understand it. At the very least, it'll help you manage your own expectations.<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>Talk about 'A Stilted PoV': <br><br>One has but to wonder:<br>If you'd be as philosophical about accepting "WHAT IS"<br>...had by some quirk of fate, ...the U.S. decided to back the Palestinians instead.<br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/11/06 10:43 AM

Claiming your opinion is correct because you look at all sides to the story<br>while claiming my opinion is single minded is almost the 'perfect paradox'<br><br>Simple put, you can't offer up an opinion and then take the role of moderator<br>and evaluate your opinion over others. That's a contradiction.<br><br>I have an opinion and so do you and we differ in opinions.<br><br>Which one is correct is up to the reader, not you.<br><br>[color:red]Allez Cuisine! Bang a gong, it is on</font color=red>

Re: Israel - the new world "Terrorists" - 08/11/06 11:11 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I have an opinion and so do you and we differ in opinions.<br>Which one is correct is up to the reader, not you.<p><hr></blockquote><p>No kidding! ya think? The right or wrongness of an opinion does not automatically prevent one from differing with said opinion. You've failed to see that what I've taken exception to more than the issues you've presented is your inflexible position. Your refusal to factor in the bigger picture (which, btw, is totally your prerogative). I don't claim to be any more right than anyone else. But I do claim the right to say the issue is too big and too complex to be as black and white as you would have it be.<br><br>That Israel has gone squirrel hunting with a bazooka is something I think we both agree on. That there are no mitigating factors at play; That there is no idealogical history; That this mess is more complicated than any of us will ever fully grasp, is something I guess we can't agree on. So be it.<br><br>