Letter sent today . . .

Posted by: MattMac112

Letter sent today . . . - 02/17/06 03:28 PM

My Letter to the President . . . <br><br><blockquote>Dear Mr. President,<br><br>We are fighting a global war on terror. I support you in your efforts and applaud the nearly five years you've engaged the enemy in this fight. <br><br>However, I don't agree with you on the sale of Oriental Steam Navigation Co. to Dubai Ports World. <br><br>Although security officials have thoroughly examined this sale, why put our ports in any possible risk? To me, this doesn't square with your commitment to the war on terror, and I'm asking you to reconsider your backing here. <br><br>Thank You</blockquote><br><br>I've also crafted a similar letter to my Senators and distict representative. Hopefully, we can have Congressional oversight look at this. <br><br>***********************<br>[color:red]Nice Try</font color=red>
Posted by: lanovami

Re: Letter sent today . . . - 02/17/06 03:33 PM

Can't you just PM him?<br><br>We are what we repeatedly do. -Aristotle
Posted by: Terry11

Re: Letter sent today . . . - 02/17/06 03:43 PM

Actually... all Matt has to do is stop suddenly and turn around. <br><br>

Re: Letter sent today . . . - 02/17/06 03:47 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Actually... all Matt has to do is stop suddenly and turn around.<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>"...You Bryan, Matt and that sawed-off nomad roaming up and down the east coast looking for a job and a place to land, seem to delight in one line zingers aimed at everyone that isn't in you little clique..."</blockquote> <br><br><br>Could someone get this enormous hypocrite a drink to wash down is plateful of rather dry crow? Chew slowly Terry. <br><br>***********************<br>[color:red]Nice Try</font color=red>
Posted by: steveg

Re: Letter sent today . . . - 02/17/06 04:10 PM

Gosh... he's funny.<br><br>

Re: Letter sent today . . . - 02/17/06 04:39 PM

Grabbing at straws there Matt?<br><br>You could call me a hypocrite if 90% of my posts were one line zingers I suppose... but that doesn't seem to be the case. Y'all can dish it out, but ya' sure can't take it...<br><br>No trophies here, but thanks for your thoughts on a matter you know nothing about. The wall of the clique remains intact. Carry on...<br><br>

Re: Letter sent today . . . - 02/17/06 04:45 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Y'all can dish it out, but ya' sure can't take it...<p><hr></blockquote><p>Not take what? Some hypocritical comment from a fourm split personality who airs his dirty laundry in public? Nahh ... Root canals, I can't take. A broken femur, I can't take. Your lame posts: no problem. <br><br>***********************<br>[color:red]Nice Try</font color=red>

Re: Letter sent today . . . - 02/17/06 05:08 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>a fourm split personality who airs his dirty laundry in public?<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>There's only one of me and there's nothing split in my personality. Any dirty laundry being tossed about hasn't come from me either.<br><br>I have a static IP since before this place was born... and the mods at the few forum I frequent know exactly who I am... and who I'm not.<br><br>Your lame attitude: no problem.<br><br>
Posted by: DLC

Re: Letter sent today . . . - 02/17/06 05:13 PM

I figured as much of his fairy tales he buys and as often as he defends Bush-- he could iChat with him... watch out for that Mac worm though ! <br><br>Seriously Matt, I'm glad you voice some dissent and in a reasonable manner. Seems to me like Bush et al will sell ANY part of America to ANYone with ca$H !!<br>and likewise they'll sell out American Jobs to ANY foreign contractor !!<br><br>it stinks !!<br><br><br><br>David (OFI)<br>

Re: Letter sent today . . . - 02/17/06 07:09 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Your lame attitude: no problem.<p><hr></blockquote><p>As I recall, it was you who decided to be an asswipe when you chimed in with . . .<br><br><blockquote>"Actually... all Matt has to do is stop suddenly and turn around."</blockquote><br><br>To lanovami's comment:<br><br><blockquote>"Can't you just PM him?"</blockquote><br><br>An out of the blue shot from someone who was whining about "[Byan / Matt / Steve] delighting in one line zingers". So whose lame attitude are we talkin' about, Father Dour? Say hi to Pete. <br><br>***********************<br>[color:red]Nice Try</font color=red>
Posted by: Trog

Re: Letter sent today . . . - 02/17/06 07:23 PM

[color:blue]From the desk of George W. Bush, Hegemon</font color=blue><br><br><blockquote>Dear Matt: <br><br>Thank you for your letter of support, and your continuing efforts to protect me on the internets. Our struggle to protect freedom against the likes of Al Qaeda, Saddam and the democrats is a difficult one... but America will prevail! (you should applaud here)<br> But, you love me because I'm strongminded and proudful. I don't listen to criticisms from anyone. To stop terrorisms is the duty of the president, and it is my job. Because I am the president *winks at the ladies*.<br><br>Nice try. </blockquote><br><br>

Re: Letter sent today . . . - 02/17/06 07:39 PM

Nice Try.<br><br>***********************<br>[color:red]Nice Try</font color=red>

Re: Letter sent today . . . - 02/17/06 07:45 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Father Dour? Say hi to Pete.<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>Don't bet on it. <br><br>Wanna get personal... two can play that game, Slim.<br><br>

Re: Letter sent today . . . - 02/17/06 07:49 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Seriously Matt, I'm glad you voice some dissent and in a reasonable manner.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Well Dave, the point is, I could be a negative, smoldering cockring like .. Rhett, for example, but that won't do any good. So, having read much about this story, the best thing I could do is express my concern to the Prez and to my Representatives in Congress directly. Which I have. <br><br>I'll leave the Vegas chamber pot to his own aromatic stench. <br><br>***********************<br>[color:red]Nice Try</font color=red>

Re: Letter sent today . . . - 02/17/06 07:54 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Wanna get personal...<p><hr></blockquote><p>Yo .. Dad .. You fired the first shot ... I wasn't talking to you .. talking about you ... had nothing to do with you today until you decided to "chime" in. But from all I've read, personal accountability isn't your strongest suit. <br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p> two can play that game, Slim.<p><hr></blockquote><p>**yawn**<br><br>***********************<br>[color:red]Nice Try</font color=red>
Posted by: bird

Re: Letter sent today . . . - 02/17/06 07:58 PM

You forgot the PS <br><br>
Posted by: Trogg

Re: Letter sent today . . . - 02/17/06 08:01 PM

Don't you wish everyone could be like us, bird? <br><br>

Re: Letter sent today . . . - 02/17/06 08:05 PM

"Imagine" Fighting with pillows instead of bricks......You betcha!!!!!! <br><br>

Re: Letter sent today . . . - 02/17/06 08:09 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I wasn't talking to you .. talking about you ... had nothing to do with you today until you decided to "chime" in.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Excuse me... I thought that's what forum threads were all about. Had know idea I had to be spoken to before I was allowed to speak.<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>But from all I've read, personal accountability isn't your strongest suit.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Sorry you wasted your time reading the ramblings of someone who doesn't know anything 'truthful' about me. But hey... your opinion of me is what I live for.<br><br>

Re: Letter sent today . . . - 02/17/06 08:14 PM

Awww, look at the new game! <br><br>Is that my voodoo doll? Did you build it out of straw by any chance? <br><br>

Re: Letter sent today . . . - 02/17/06 08:19 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Excuse me... I thought that's what forum threads were all about. Had know idea I had to be spoken to before I was allowed to speak.<p><hr></blockquote><p>You got it all wrong, Terry, you had no idea you had to be spoken to before you were allowed to be an @sshole. Which you were. So what are you bitching about?<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p> But hey... your opinion of me is what I live for.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Obviously so. <br><br>***********************<br>[color:red]Nice Try</font color=red>

Re: Letter sent today . . . - 02/17/06 08:38 PM

If a comment followed by a wink is being an @sshole... I'm guilty as charged. <br><br>This forum truly is a circle jerk dominated by three @ssholes. Enjoy yourselves. <br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Letter sent today . . . - 02/17/06 09:03 PM

Looks like your doll got stolen, Trog. It ain't a-loading, while dopplegänger Trogg's is.<br><br>. . . . . Here's lookin' at [color:red]you</font color=red> kid.

Re: Letter sent today . . . - 02/17/06 09:26 PM

"dopplegänger" Hahaha <br><br>Fixed. Fortunately I can just borrow the link from my twin while that server is down. <br><br>The next question, though, is who will register Troggg?? This is so fun, and its all about me!<br><br>

Re: Letter sent today . . . - 02/17/06 09:27 PM

What happened Matt... change your mind about tagging three undeserving people? Good for you! <br><br>
Posted by: drjohn

Re: Letter sent today . . . - 02/17/06 09:34 PM

"This is so fun, and its all about me!"<br><br>Speaking of you, did you get your air conditioning completed for your office? If not, I'd be glad to ship you some cool (-2 and dropping) air.<br><br><br><br>Old farts, the hidden caulk of civilization. Jim Atkinson

Re: Letter sent today . . . - 02/17/06 09:35 PM

Well I'm confused I thought he was thee..or thee was he...its starting to get helter skelter in here...<br><br>

Re: Letter sent today . . . - 02/17/06 09:38 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>What happened Matt... <p><hr></blockquote><p>Well, Terry, I was posting away when you came along and shifted in to @sshole mode. Then, to top it off, you've decided to play the "who, MEEEEE" card. So that's what happened. <br><br>***********************<br>[color:red]Nice Try</font color=red>

Re: Letter sent today . . . - 02/17/06 09:51 PM

Not yet, I've probably got until about April before the asphalt-melting heat hits the Vegas chamber pot. I've been looking around, but thanks for the offer anyway. <br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Well I'm confused I thought he was thee..or thee was he.<p><hr></blockquote><p>You just made someone's weekend! I can hear the snickering in the bushes.<br><br>

Re: Letter sent today . . . - 02/18/06 12:11 AM

Sorry, this is so late, I just noticed this. Matt wrote:<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p><br>To lanovami's comment:<br><br>"Can't you just PM him?"<br><br>"An out of the blue shot from someone who was whining about "[Byan / Matt / Steve] delighting in one line zingers". So whose lame attitude are we talkin' about, Father Dour? Say hi to Pete." <p><hr></blockquote><p>Where have I ever whined about one line zingers? The closest I can think of is joking with Cary not to end his posts with self-deprecating remarks that you, Matt, could use as a "reply". Beyond this, the little blurb you "quoted" from "me" in quotations is all in your head, bub. I would hazard you are confusing me with someone else. If my memory is faulty, I challenge you to find an example of this. If there is one, the guy who figured out my password is gonna pay! <br><br>We are what we repeatedly do. -Aristotle

Re: Letter sent today . . . - 02/18/06 04:22 AM

You are a tad confused. Matt was not referring o you in that remark, but rather to the Kenny Rogers look-alike.<br><br>

Re: Letter sent today . . . - 02/18/06 04:26 AM

Whoops. Read it again. Sorry, Matt! Thanks Steve! It was a reference to Terry's remark to my remark. Got it! <br><br>We are what we repeatedly do. -Aristotle

Re: Letter sent today . . . - 02/18/06 03:35 PM

Hmmm, "static". Good word for you. By either definition.<br><br>

Re: Letter sent today . . . - 02/18/06 04:11 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Hmmm, "static". Good word for you. By either definition.<p><hr></blockquote><p>How 'bout we share... I'll rightfully claim the 'unchanging', 'stable' part... and you can rightfully claim the 'noise', 'feedback' part.<br><br>

Re: Letter sent today . . . - 02/18/06 04:32 PM

Unchanging? Stable? Don’t forget motionless, deadlocked, fixed, gridlocked, immobile, immovable, inactive, inert, latent, passive, rigid, stagnant, stalled, standing still, stationary, sticky, still, stopped, and, oh yeah, stuck. You wear them well, too. <br><br>But, sure, I’ll hang on to noise and feedback. Especially feedback, since it’s not something you tolerate well.<br><br>

Re: Letter sent today . . . - 02/18/06 04:43 PM

The only reply, suitable for you behavior level, that comes to mind...<br><br>"Sticks and stones can break my bones, but names will never hurt me." — someone in a schoolyard<br><br>

Re: Letter sent today . . . - 02/18/06 04:54 PM

My behavior? <br><br>Oh crap, Dad. You're not gonna send me to my room again, are ya? <br><br>

Re: Letter sent today . . . - 02/18/06 05:02 PM

Was thinking about sending you to your "Great Room"... but realized you've moved a couple of times since then. <br><br>

Re: Letter sent today . . . - 02/18/06 05:10 PM

Good golly you guys.....no names mentioned....but if the shoe fits <br>you remind me of the Family Stone lyrics <br>Sometimes [color:red]Your</font color=red> right and [color:red]You</font color=red> can be wrong<br>Your own beliefs are in your songs<br>The butcher, the banker, the drummer and then<br>Makes no difference what group I'm in<br>I am everyday people, yeah yeah<br>There is a blue one who can't accept the green one<br>For living with a fat one trying to be a skinny one<br>And different strokes for different folks<br>And so on and so on and scooby dooby doo-bee<br>Oh sha sha - we got to live together<br>I am no better and neither are you<br>We are the same whatever we do<br>You love me you hate me you know me and then<br>You can't figure out the bag l'm in<br>I am everyday people, yeah yeah<br>There is a long hair that doesn't like the short hair<br>For bein' such a rich one that will not help the poor one<br>And different strokes for different folks<br>And so on and so on and scooby dooby doo-bee<br>Oh sha sha-we got to live together<br>There is a yellow one that won't accept the black one<br>That won't accept the red one that won't accept the white one<br>And different strokes for different folks<br>This forum is just everyday people <br>[color:green]Use the talents you possess - for the woods would be a very silent place <br> if no birds sang except for the best. ~Henry Van Dykema</font color=green><br><br><br>

Re: Letter sent today . . . - 02/18/06 05:15 PM

Ooooooooo. Was that a one-line zinger? I gotta tell ya, that really hurt, man. <br><br>Careful... if I ever move again, it may be next door to you! <br><br>
Posted by: TheGreatDivide

GOOD RUCK MANG - 02/20/06 07:49 AM

when victory is to survive and death is defeat<br>SPORT THE WAR<br>WAR SUPPORT<br>THE SPORT IS WAR, TOTAL WAR<br>THE FINAL SWING IS NOT A THRILL, but HOW MANY PEOPLE I CAN KILL!!! -Slayer<br><br>oops, dunno how that seeped out my fractured and dismayed mind : P<br><br>-<br>so, you're not so happy that the gangs of Saudi Arabia are guarding the ports<br>like the Mob did in NYC during WWII. Hrmmm....<br><br>you're kidding right? Perhaps they're just pushing for total IslamiFascism to run <br>that area of the world the Saud gang is from therefoe foolish tides of extremism <br>will become the norm at the chugh ching of the big oil corps etc.<br><br>they don't wanna pay for our damn health care<br>but they sure want our tax money for x plan!<br><br>LAME<br><br>TOLD YOU SO OLD MAN!<br><br>Karl Rove, take over. Stop fronting like the 'American people' are dumb.
Posted by: Michael

Re: Letter sent today . . . - 02/20/06 08:02 AM

So true. I used to try and post a similar message at MC, but they don't see it. Mainly because they actually buy into the propaganda that one party is better than the other. THEY ARE BOTH THE SAME. Clinton sold the security of this nation to the Chinese for the DNC and Bush is no different. None of them care about anything except themselves and their party. The public doesn't even figure into the equation. <br><br>-Foxsports.com, My SB XL hi-lites