YOUR DADDY KILLS ANIMALS!!!

Posted by: SgtBaxter

YOUR DADDY KILLS ANIMALS!!! - 11/30/05 10:37 AM

Click me for PDF!!<br><br>Never really been for or against PETA but this one is a bit over the top. Kind of humorous actually. <br><br>Think I'll go buy some Tuna tonight.<br><br>
Posted by: Bryan

Re: YOUR DADDY KILLS ANIMALS!!! - 11/30/05 10:42 AM

PETA are idiots. <br><br>If they would stop trying to be a political organization and live up to their name....people for the ethical treatment of animals...they might win more hearts and minds. <br><br>They should be trying to educate the public in a convincing way about the benefits of eating a vegetarian diet and the conditions in which farm animals are raised. <br><br>People just ignore the extremist propaganda...which explains why PETA is seen as a leftist fringe kook organization.<br><br>
Posted by: sean

Re: YOUR DADDY KILLS ANIMALS!!! - 11/30/05 10:50 AM

i love to fish. stupid ad.<br><br>--<br>"I am mindful that diversity is one of the strengths of the country" --president bush on 9/27/05
Posted by: Pete

Re: YOUR DADDY KILLS ANIMALS!!! - 11/30/05 10:52 AM

You love to fish and you dare call yourself a liberal?!!! <br><br> <-- octagonal signature<br>
Posted by: polymerase

Re: YOUR DADDY KILLS ANIMALS!!! - 11/30/05 10:57 AM

I agree that PETA are a bunch of idiots and kooks but why the left gets lumped in there is beyond me. The worst thing that PETA does is drive up the cost of science. The per diem costs for mice, rats, frogs, rabbits for scientific experimentation is high and getting higher because the rat in the research lab gets better medical care than you do because of PETA. They also break into labs and "free" the animals ruining years of expensive research.<br><br>The comic is just a little bit ridiculous. I eat everything I catch.<br><br><br><br><br><br>(__*__) <-- circular sig when standing
Posted by: MattMac112

Re: YOUR DADDY KILLS ANIMALS!!! - 11/30/05 11:14 AM

Why is death daddy in a suit? What, he's gutting fish he picked up at the market which, by the way, are already dead? <br><br>* * * * * * * * * * * * * *<br>4 8 25 26 23 42<br>
Posted by: margadagio

Re: YOUR DADDY KILLS ANIMALS!!! - 11/30/05 12:01 PM

Thanks, that's my laugh of the day. What a bunch of kooks. <br><br>
Posted by: TheGreatDivide

Re: YOUR DADDY KILLS ANIMALS!!! - 11/30/05 12:03 PM

Yeah animals etc...<br>they cause your colon to explode and oooh the pain<br>as for the deaths<br>how many are we up to? 2200?<br>That's not counting the Iraqi/Arab/Israeli n' coalition...<br><br>lame<br><br>Impeach.
Posted by: Pete

Re: YOUR DADDY KILLS ANIMALS!!! - 11/30/05 12:13 PM

One issue at a time, Dr. Seuss.<br><br><br> <-- octagonal signature<br>
Posted by: DLC

Re: YOUR DADDY KILLS ANIMALS!!! - 11/30/05 12:21 PM

PETA is crazy... favor the life of a mouse or rat over humans.<br><br>nuf said !! <br><br>David (OFI)<br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: YOUR DADDY KILLS ANIMALS!!! - 11/30/05 12:25 PM

And I will fish till they pry my rod from my cold, dead hands!<br><br>Uh, really. I thnk my husband fell in love with me 'cause I could bait my own hook, unsnarl my own birds' nests and clean my own fish.<br><br><br><br><br>[color:blue]And I'm the one that jaded you . . .</font color=blue>
Posted by: drjohn

Re: YOUR DADDY KILLS ANIMALS!!! - 11/30/05 01:58 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Uh, really. I thnk my husband fell in love with me 'cause I could bait my own hook, unsnarl my own birds' nests and clean my own fish.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Wanted: Marriage to women with fishing boat. Send picture of boat.<br><br><br><br>Old farts, the hidden caulk of civilization. Jim Atkinson
Posted by: polymerase

Re: YOUR DADDY KILLS ANIMALS!!! - 11/30/05 03:01 PM

So what if she look like a cod? If she has the boat and knows where the fish are. That's a dream date.<br><br><br><br><br><br>(__*__) <-- circular sig when standing
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: YOUR DADDY KILLS ANIMALS!!! - 11/30/05 03:14 PM

All right, I'll be the token nut on this one. PETA methods are extreme, and I don't subscribe to them, but the idea that humans ought to be humane, which is at the heart of their agenda, I do subscribe to.<br><br>So there.<br><br>That said, I'm not a vegetarian, but I don't eat veal, which I know is harvested in really nasty ways. I avoid chicken and other domesticated fowl (who, incidentally, seem to be on the path of developing WMD against us) because, except for free range critters, their harvesting is horrible too. My point is that humane treatment doesn't equal vegetarianism.<br><br>. . . . . Here's lookin' at [color:red]you</font color=red> kid.
Posted by: drjohn

Re: YOUR DADDY KILLS ANIMALS!!! - 11/30/05 04:22 PM

Vegetarian--Indian word for 'bad hunter'.<br><br><br>Old farts, the hidden caulk of civilization. Jim Atkinson

Re: YOUR DADDY KILLS ANIMALS!!! - 12/01/05 05:03 AM

I pretty much agree with you. <br><br>But then I look at the animal world and see it can be 100x crueler to itself than we are, so ripping the guts out of a fish or two that's swallowed a hook really doesn't bother me all that much.<br><br>I wouldn't worry about veal too much, regular cows aren't treated any better. At least not the cows you buy at the local supermarket, or in a restaraunt. If anything the veal calves have it much better.<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: YOUR DADDY KILLS ANIMALS!!! - 12/01/05 08:07 AM

There's a veal "farm" near my town. It's horrifying. The calves are kept in metal sheds, not even sheds, something like 3x4 enclosures with basically no ventilation to speak of, with no shading at all, and force-fed. No thanks.<br><br>. . . . . Here's lookin' at [color:red]you</font color=red> kid.
Posted by: Celandine

Re: YOUR DADDY KILLS ANIMALS!!! - 12/01/05 10:05 AM

<center><h1>WE HEAR YOU</h1><br>***<br><h3>WE HEAR YOUR CRIES</h3><br>Inside lightless stockades where metal bars define your earth<br>Where your frantic eyes gaze over an amputated beak <br>Unable to dust bath or flutter one wing<br>An automated hum, the only sound in your artificial prison<br><h3>WE HEAR YOUR CRIES</h3><br>In the narrow crates... <br>that envelop you from endless pregnancy to nameless death<br>From your first and last walk down deathís corridor<br>toward a blood-splattered man who guides your quivering body<br>into the crushing blast of his stun gun<br>From the impersonal thrust of his knife through still-warm flesh<br>to the final moment when you are dismantled limb by limb<br><h3>WE HEAR YOUR CRIES</h3><br>As you rock in the corner of your concrete world, waiting for <br>them to blind, burn and inject poison into your exhausted body<br>We ache to shield you from the scalpels and skull probes you <br>have yet to endure<br><h3>WE HEAR YOUR CRIES</h3><br>When they blast 5,000 volts of electrified pain into your flesh<br>Every time they batter you with metal pipes, bullhooks, flank straps and <br>spurs to obliterate your memories of a motherís love and endless green.<br><h3>WE HEAR YOUR CRIES</h3><br>As you search for one familiar face... <br>in the desolate days before a gas chamber claims your anonymous life<br>When you seek the comfort of one set of arms<br>Your last tail wagged<br>Your last purr heard<br>in a gray room with no windows<br><h2>WE HEAR YOUR CRIES</h2><br><h2>AND WE ARE COMING</h2> <br>*KINSHIP PLACE*<br>*Fact Sheets*<br></center><br><br>
Posted by: Meg

Re: YOUR DADDY KILLS ANIMALS!!! - 12/01/05 06:33 PM

I read a column on msnbc.com yesterday that outlined Tucker Carlson's interview with this PETA guy. It was a good article if you can find it again. Tucker really called him out on aiming an ad like this at kids. (I haven't learned how to imbed links in the forum yet, or I would've included it here.)<br><br>
Posted by: bird

Re: YOUR DADDY KILLS ANIMALS!!! - 12/01/05 07:25 PM

thanks Celandine.......great links !!<br>Some folks care some don't, "cruelty to animals" a constant war that never ends When I breath my last thats when I will quit fighting for the rights of animals and the fight to save those who are depending on man to save them from extinction. <br>We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict <font size="3".[b] the Devil in human form.</font][B/]† ~William Ralph Inge, Outspoken Essays, 1922<br><br><br>From beasts we scorn as soulless,<br>In forest, field and den,<br>The cry goes up to witness<br>The soullessness of men.<br>~M. Frida Hartley<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by bird on 12/01/05 10:52 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>
Posted by: TheGreatDivide

Re: YOUR DADDY KILLS ANIMALS!!! - 12/02/05 07:16 AM

say, you tryin' to censor me?<br>Grrrr....<br><br>where oh where have the English speakers gone?<br>where oh where is Marley when we need em'!?<br><br>Impeach.

Re: YOUR DADDY KILLS ANIMALS!!! - 12/02/05 01:17 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>There's a veal "farm" near my town. It's horrifying. The calves are kept in metal sheds, not even sheds, something like 3x4 enclosures with basically no ventilation to speak of, with no shading at all, and force-fed. No thanks.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Heh, like I said the veal calves have it better. In the past two decades farming of regular cattle has grown into a similar practice, only instead of a 3x4 stall to stand in it's large sheds with 90,000 other cows packed in around them. Cattle who get their legs stuck in the truck ramps, so the legs are simply cut off there and the cows dragged into the slaughterhouse. Cows fed processed sheep brains, even though they are vegetarian animals. Etc, etc...<br><br>Veal farming isn't any worse or better than regular cattle farming.<br><br>
Posted by: mojo_jojo

Re: YOUR DADDY KILLS ANIMALS!!! - 12/02/05 06:59 PM

I got myself hooked in the head once with a brand new Rapala jointed J7 repleat with three sets of razor sharp treble hooks. That was pain. <br><br>I love fresh water perch, crappie, walleye, brook trout and bullhead. Nothing finer in life than these species fresh caught in the early spring. Corn meal and bacon fat are your friend here.<br><br>
Posted by: MikeSellers

Re: YOUR DADDY KILLS ANIMALS!!! - 12/02/05 07:33 PM

"Until your daddy learns that itís not 'fun' to kill, keep your doggies and kitties away from him. Heís so hooked on killing defenseless animals that they could be next!"<br><br>This is why PETA loses support among people who might be receptive to their message if they would just present it in a different fashion. I'm a vegetarian and I still think they're a bunch of loonies.<br><br>
Posted by: hayesk

Re: YOUR DADDY KILLS ANIMALS!!! - 12/03/05 10:26 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p> There's a veal "farm" near my town. It's horrifying. The calves are kept in metal sheds, not even sheds, something like 3x4 enclosures with basically no ventilation to speak of, with no shading at all, and force-fed. No thanks.<br><p><hr></blockquote><p><br>That sounds like the office I used to work in.<br><br>
Posted by: hayesk

Re: YOUR DADDY KILLS ANIMALS!!! - 12/03/05 10:28 AM

The PETA people are a bunch of hypocrites anyway. Every time they drive on a road, enter a building (including their houses), eat something, even a vegetable, they ignore the fact that animals have been killed to make room and food for them.<br><br>Animals displace and eat other animals, humans included - they should really get over it.<br><br>