Voter Fraud is a problem

Posted by: MattMac112

Voter Fraud is a problem - 11/17/05 10:52 AM

<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>EAST ST. LOUIS - A federal jury on Wednesday found five East St. Louis Democrats guilty of vote fraud.<br><br>The defendants were found guilty on all counts following a four-week trial in U.S. District Court in East St. Louis.<br><br>Four of the defendants -- Jessie Lewis, Sheila Thomas, Yvette Johnson and former city official Kelvin Ellis -- were found guilty of conspiracy to commit election fraud and election fraud.<br><br>Democratic Party boss and former City Councilman Charlie Powell was found guilty of one county of conspiracy to commit election fraud.<br><br>The five were charged with paying voters up to $10 a vote to vote for Democratic candidates during the Nov. 2 general election.<p><hr></blockquote><p>link<br><br>* * * * * * * * * * * * * *<br>4 8 25 26 23 42
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Voter Fraud is a problem - 11/17/05 10:58 AM

When I lived in Illinois, every time we went to St. Louis, I passed right by East St. Louis, on I 55, for two and a half years before I realized that East St. Louis existed, and I discovered its existence because I read Jonathan Kozol's Savage Inequalities, not because I actually saw the town. The highway is built so you don't have to see East St. Louis. I think the state of Illinois would like the town to disappear literally. We finally visited the town to see if Kozol's description was accurate. It was. East St. Louis is the most pathetic place I've ever been to, and that includes a lot of nasty spots.<br><br>. . . . . Here's lookin' at [color:red]you</font color=red> kid.

Re: Voter Fraud is a problem - 11/17/05 11:14 AM

straw-man .. STRAW-MAN .. [i]STRAW-MAN .. STRAW-MAN .. ARR...ARRGGGGG..YEAAARRRGGGHHHH ....<br><br><br><br>* * * * * * * * * * * * * *<br>4 8 25 26 23 42
Posted by: TheGreatDivide

Talent Fraud is a problem - 11/17/05 11:18 AM

Imagine the nation/America/civil society, one that does not endanger species or environment, imagine it a guitar<br><br>the guitar is<br>well<br>broken<br><br>and it plays like a broken guitar<br><br>the UN shall go far w/those 100 intelligence laptops from MIT<br>the ones that Rupert Murdoch has his eye on<br>along w/google n' such high rollers<br><br>Blood remains where corruption temporarily gets away with crime.
Posted by: Trog

Re: Voter Fraud is a problem - 11/17/05 11:24 AM

Your description is accurate, I think. My closest friend from graduate school grew up there. I went with him to visit his parents a few times.<br><br>Considering I spent a large part of my childhood growing up in UTAH... let's just say I always brought a spare set of shorts with me. <br><br>
Posted by: DLC

Re: Voter Fraud is a problem - 11/17/05 12:09 PM

..........so the point is ???????? <br><br>(some locals got caught cheating ?)<br><br><br>not condoning this, BUT how is this different from Corporate America buying politicians votes and getting BIG favors for it?<br><br>David (OFI)<br>
Posted by: sean

Re: Voter Fraud is a problem - 11/17/05 12:14 PM

voter fraud is wrong. <br><br>i guess i am missing your point. obviously, you are trying to show that you are willing to discuss and disapprove of voter fraud and discrimination in every form that it exists? great, in bigger news today (<a href="http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/politics/13187203.htm">kc star</a>):<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Justice Department lawyers and analysts who reviewed a Georgia voter-identification law recommended rejecting it because it was likely to discriminate against black voters, Justice Department documents show.<br><br>They were overruled the next day by higher-ranking Justice officials, the documents show.<br><br>The Justice Department has characterized the “pre-clearance” of the law as a joint decision by career and political appointees in the Civil Rights Division. Republican proponents in Georgia have cited federal approval of the program as evidence that it would not discriminate against African-Americans and other minorities.<br><br>However, an Aug. 25 staff memo obtained by The Washington Post recommended blocking the program because Georgia failed to show that the measure would not dilute the votes of minority residents, as required under the Voting Rights Act. The memo also said the state had provided flawed and incomplete data<p><hr></blockquote><p>--<br>"I am mindful that diversity is one of the strengths of the country" --president bush on 9/27/05
Posted by: Bryan

Re: Voter Fraud is a problem - 11/17/05 01:17 PM

The absolute WORST sh!thole on planet Earth is West Memphis, Arkansas. I have never....ever been to a more miserable place. It's such a dump, they'd do well to blow it up and start over. <br><br>As for voter fraud, you can stop voter fraud in 2 seconds. Require two things:<br><br>1.) State-issued ID<br><br>2.) Voter registration card<br><br>Once somebody votes, their ID is swiped into an "already voted" database. No ID, no registration, no vote. Sadly, this won't happen in all 50 states...the race pimps working for the DNC need to be able to bus in the rent-a-mobs to vote in all the different precincts <br><br>

Re: Voter Fraud is a problem - 11/17/05 01:31 PM

I once had a dog from West Memphis Arkansas. I had it put to sleep. <br><br>* * * * * * * * * * * * * *<br>4 8 25 26 23 42

Re: Voter Fraud is a problem - 11/17/05 01:32 PM

Is that a thinly veiled threat?<br><br>

Re: Voter Fraud is a problem - 11/17/05 01:34 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Is that a thinly veiled threat?<p><hr></blockquote><p>Hey, it's ME you're talkin' to. Mine was a FATTLY veiled threat. <br><br>* * * * * * * * * * * * * *<br>4 8 25 26 23 42

Re: Voter Fraud is a problem - 11/17/05 01:37 PM

<embed src="http://pro8dave.tripod.com/wavs/threatme.wav" width=320 height=25 controller=true autoplay=false type=video/quicktime><br><br>
Posted by: drjohn

Re: Voter Fraud is a problem - 11/17/05 03:14 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>East St. Louis is the most pathetic place I've ever been to, and that includes a lot of nasty spots.<p><hr></blockquote><p>But it produced Miles Davis so there's one thing in it's favor.<br><br>Old farts, the hidden caulk of civilization. Jim Atkinson
Posted by: Trog

Re: Voter Fraud is a problem - 11/17/05 04:27 PM

Jackie Joyner-Kersee came out of that hood too.<br><br><br><br>

Re: Voter Fraud is a problem - 11/17/05 05:34 PM

You got a point drjohn <br><br>On the other hand, I don't understand what Matt means by straw man. Pointing out the reality of East St. Louis doesn't excuse voter fraud, although it does begin to explain why people might have been so willing to sell their votes for such a cheap price. I mean, members of Congress charge a heck of a lot more, don't they? <br><br>. . . . . Here's lookin' at [color:red]you</font color=red> kid.
Posted by: Gigi

Re: Voter Fraud is a problem - 11/17/05 05:40 PM

The whole state of Florida in 2000 was voter fraud. <br><br>
Posted by: polymerase

Re: Voter Fraud is a problem - 11/17/05 05:47 PM

Maybe Sean should put the definition of Straw Man back into his sig. It doesn't seem to have sunk in yet.<br><br><br><br><br><br>(__*__) <-- circular sig when standing

Re: Voter Fraud is a problem - 11/17/05 06:15 PM

ah but come on GiGi ............. these were DEMOCRATS ! <br><br>(like GOPers never cheated) <br><br>and the EStL thing though reprehensible is trivial.<br>Like a GOP er will ever get elected in E St Louis!<br>(or a Dem in Bubbaville, GA!)<br><br>David (OFI)<br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Voter Fraud is a problem - 11/17/05 09:58 PM

"The five were charged with paying voters up to $10 a vote to vote for Democratic candidates during the Nov. 2 general election."<br><br>You should pity them that that's all they could afford to pay.<br><br>* * * * * * * * * * *<br>I ( am ) bigger than you.<br><br>
Posted by: newkojak

Update - Still no fire - 05/19/08 10:34 AM

Texas attorney general's two-year effort fails to unravel large-scale voter-fraud schemes<br><br>Even after threatening to, and firing, a bunch of U.S. Attorneys, the Republicans still cannot find anything to justified their continued crusade against "widespread voter fraud." Hopefully it will become harder and harder for people to support measures that really only target minorities, the elderly, and the Catholic sisterhood.<br><br>-- Cee Bee Double-U

Re: Update - Still no fire - 05/19/08 12:18 PM

You mean the Voter Fraud rhetoric was a Fraud ?? <br><br>Naw !! <br><br>I'm sure some goes on... maybe 0.01 - 0.1%... but I don't think it's huge, like some claim... and I'm sure some goes on - on Both sides... luckily those cancel each other out.<br><br>IF anyone can document otherwise - I'm willing to listen... but I'm more concerned about the lack of a paper trail with electronic machines, than I am a few extra undocumented voters here or there.<br><br>David (OFI)
Posted by: SgtBaxter

Re: Update - Still no fire - 05/19/08 12:26 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Even after threatening to, and firing, a bunch of U.S. Attorneys, the Republicans still cannot find anything to justified their continued crusade against "widespread voter fraud."<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>Yeah, but they'll keep on trying just so Matt can feel confident he's really happy having to work 3 jobs and pay $4 for a gallon of gas ;)<br><br><br>Hey I'm an F'n Jerk!®

Re: Update - Still no fire - 05/19/08 12:40 PM

That must have been a nun from the convent of Our Lady of Perpetual Pleasure.<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>
Posted by: polymerase

Re: Update - Still no fire - 05/19/08 01:57 PM

[color:blue]Indiana's photo ID law is the strictest in the country. The Republican-led effort was designed to combat ballot fraud, said supporters, who also have acknowledged that no case involving someone impersonating a voter at the polls has ever been prosecuted in Indiana.</font color=blue><br><br>Q: Why do elephants paint there toenails red?<br><br>A: So they can hide in cherry trees.<br><br>Q: Have you ever seen an elephant in a cherry tree?<br><br>A: See how well they hide!! That's why we need to pass a law requiring gay elephants carry valid Identification in Indiana! And octogenarian nuns. They are totally out of control too.<br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: SgtBaxter

Re: Update - Still no fire - 05/19/08 02:27 PM

Those gay elephants need a swift kick in the nuts ;)<br><br><br>Hey I'm an F'n Jerk!®