Prewar CIA report doubted claim that al Qaeda sou

Posted by: DLC

Prewar CIA report doubted claim that al Qaeda sou - 11/12/05 11:39 AM

Documents will surface to show how the intelligence data was "cherry picked" by Bush's team so to hype only the data they wanted Congress and the world ot see.<br><br> Prewar CIA report doubted claim that al Qaeda sought WMD in Iraq <br><br>I think we're going to see that NOT ALL the intelligence was avilable to members of Congress and esp the Intelligence Committee.<br>.<br>Bush and his lying team released ONLY the dociuments / info that made their case and ignorted all other . THAT is manipulating the data. It was Planned and deliberate... time will show it.<br><br><br>David (OFI)<br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: Prewar CIA report doubted claim that al Qaeda - 11/12/05 02:17 PM

I believe it'll be proven that there was a great deal of information selection and distortion. Just enough to make a salient case for war, and squeezed over the transom just before enough fact became available to allow a reversal of direction.<br><br>Of course Bush is counter-attacking now (I stayed outta that thread cuz my foul weather gear is at the dry cleaner ). His back is to the wall, and I don't think he has the contritian gene. I'm not gonna say he lied outright. But rather, IMHO, he saw what he wanted to see. Heard what he wanted to hear, and filtered out the rest. For those that went along with his agenda, some did so willingly and are just as loath to admit they were wrong. Others probably did so thinking they had no other choice - politically speaking, that is.<br><br>How badly will he get burned going forward? Will he attempt to reverse the damage? How many dents has he put in the GOP's paint? Will enough damning information bubble to the surface that he might be forced to resign before his term is up?<br><br>Only The Shadow* knows... <br><br><br><br><br><br><br>*Rove <br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Prewar CIA report doubted claim that al Qaeda - 11/12/05 02:48 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Only The Shadow* knows... <br><br><br><br><br><br><br>*Rove <p><hr></blockquote><p><br>Don't hate!<br><br>. . . . . Here's lookin' at [color:red]you</font color=red> kid.
Posted by: steveg

Re: Prewar CIA report doubted claim that al Qaeda - 11/12/05 03:13 PM

Oh, but I meant it in a most affectionate way.<br><br>XXXOOO <br><br>
Posted by: Celandine

Re: Prewar CIA report doubted claim that al Qaeda sou - 11/12/05 04:08 PM

<br>I'm still waiting to see them explain away the White House demands<br>that the British Intelligence Community that HE HAD ALREADY MADE <br>UP HIS MIND TO ATTACK IRAQ, and that They were to Cook the Books<br>"To Make the Facts Fit His Policy"... and if that were as trivial, as I'm<br>sure they'll assert, HOW & WHY Was the MAN That Handed Over That <br>Information (the NOW Famous "Downing Street Memos") Found DEAD<br>Under VERY Questionable Circumstances, Immediately AFTER He Stated<br>That He WOULD BE KILLED For Handing It Over?<br><br>It doesn't exactly take <br>Agatha Christy to figure out WHO Would "Benefit from the Crime". <br><br><br>
Posted by: Celandine

Re: Prewar CIA report doubted claim that al Qaeda sou - 11/12/05 04:15 PM

<br><br>...and even if they poo~poo all that...<br><br>How do they explain away the FACT that they ordered<br>the British Royal AirForce to BOMB the Crap out of IRAQ<br>in the hopes that Hussain would retaliate, and give the USA<br>the EXCUSE they were seeking to begin the planned invasion?<br><br> <br><br>