But by all means . . .

Posted by: MattMac112

But by all means . . . - 11/09/05 03:12 PM

. . . let's keep up the war on Christians ... afterall, theirs is the most dangerous religion of all!<br><br>* * * * * * * * * * * * * *<br>I [censored] bigger than you.<br>
Posted by: polymerase

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/09/05 03:43 PM

I think you are generalizing animosity for a few to animosity for the many.<br>Christians don't suck. Fundamentalist christians who are shiitheads suck.<br>Muslims don't suck. Fundamentalist muslim shiitheads suck.<br><br>I Apologize for the cut and paste but this is from one of my favorite posters in another forum.:<br><br>On a related note, in Oregon, whenever the evil Oregon Citizens Alliance gets an anti-gay initiative on the ballot, among the top organizations to oppose it are always Christian groups. Sometimes the most vocal opponents to a given initiative are pastors or prominent lay members of churches in the state. <br><br>Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon, for example, while not strictly Christian (all faiths are welcome in the organization) is an active, progressive organization that finds the foundation for its political beliefs in faith. EMO is always at the forefront of the battles against right wing hate initiatives in Oregon. <br><br>Prominent, progressive Christians on the national scene include Jim Wallis, whom you may have heard on Air America in the last few days, and Tony Campolo. These guys are often drowned out by the right wing hate machine, but it's not because they aren't out there fighting the good fight. <br><br>Once again, the word "Christian" tends to fill me with suspicion first, I can't deny, but at the same time, many of the most vocal, active progressives in the country are Christians.<br><br><br><br><br><br>(__*__) <-- circular sig when standing

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/09/05 03:48 PM

&[censored]" are killing and terrorizing on the same scale as "Fundamentalists Muslims", if at all? How many Fundamentalists Christians have beheaded people in, let's say, the last 50 years?<br><br>Meanwhile, we'll see more alarmist posts here about those "evil Fundamentalist Christians" and nothing about another idiot who shout "Allahu Akbar" while pulling the rip-cord on a bus or in a crowded cafe. <br><br>* * * * * * * * * * * * * *<br>I [censored] bigger than you.
Posted by: Trog

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/09/05 03:58 PM

[censored][censored] Muslims (FSMs) had the same power that FSCs had, the role might be reversed. I can't believe I have to explain this to you.<br><br><br>
Posted by: Celandine

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/09/05 04:00 PM

<br><br>That took all of about .000005 seconds<br><br><br><br>

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/09/05 04:02 PM

&[censored]" are killing and terrorizing on the same scale as "Fundamentalists Muslims", if at all? How many Fundamentalists Christians have beheaded people in, let's say, the last 50 years?<p><hr></blockquote><p> Who is making comparisons like that?<br><br>No one can complain about fundamentalist chistians completely derailing science education in the USA without you jumping out of the bushes screaming, "but what about muslims beheading people!!!"<br><br>That's absurd. <br><br>Fundamentalist Christinas probably kill more people selling pimento cheese spread sandwiches in the church basement at unregulated bake sales! But I don't nag anyone about that. <br><br><br><br>(__*__) <-- circular sig when standing

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/09/05 04:10 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>No one can complain about fundamentalist chistians completely derailing science education in the USA without you jumping out of the bushes screaming, "but what about muslims beheading peopl<p><hr></blockquote><p>The only thing absurd is your absurd equivocation. No one can read yet another attack on Christians post without noticing the distinct lack of outrage at those members of a religion who are actually killing people on an almost daily basis? That's the real absurdity. <br><br><br>* * * * * * * * * * * * * *<br>I [censored] bigger than you.<br>

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/09/05 04:12 PM

Got any examples of something more current? You know, mass killings by those Fundamentalist Christians on the scale of ... oh I don't know ... daily? <br><br>* * * * * * * * * * * * * *<br>I [censored] bigger than you.<br>
Posted by: newkojak

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/09/05 04:12 PM

Oh, I'm sorry, did you need some attention? I mean, you get by just fine telling me what I think. I doubt you really need me (a Christian by the way) to participate.<br><br>-- Charlie Alpha Roger Yankee Whiskey

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/09/05 04:13 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p> I doubt you really need me (a Christian by the way) to participate.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Same here (Christian) .. although I'm not as ashamed of it as you are.<br>* * * * * * * * * * * * * *<br>I [censored] bigger than you.

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/09/05 04:16 PM

OMG! <br>I bought one of those sandwiches when I voted last night.<br><br>

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/09/05 04:31 PM

LOL Oh, "What have you done to me LATELY"? LOL<br>Does that mean I can't cite the Genocide of the American <br>Aborigine, or Slavery, or African Apartheid?<br><br><br><br>So you're going to tell us that a hateful PoS<br>like yourself is supposedly a "Christian"?<br><br>You've simply signed onto the next neo-Agenda<br>and no doubt we'll all have to put up with your<br>SHCF BS for the next who-knows-how-long. <br><br>Talk about self loathing... <br>You apparently suffer from a need to be hated. <br><br><br><br>I just don't see the need to buy into your BS. <br><br>
Posted by: DLC

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/09/05 04:31 PM

You don't have to walk into a cafe with a bomb to kill people.<br><br> You can do it with a LIE ! <br><br><br>David (OFI)<br>

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/09/05 04:34 PM

Your argument is contingent on two things here.<br><br>1) That I've been hateful towards Christians.<br><br>That is false. I am hateful towards chrome car decals that denote one's religion or philosophical stance on evolution. I think it cheapens both science and faith to emblematize either one next to a motor companies name plate. I don't know. Call me reverend I guess.<br><br>2) That I am personally responsible for responding with outrage when ever anything happens.<br><br>In this case, I kind of suspect that everyone is saddened and outraged by the Jordan bombings. To say that someone is not is insulting, plain and simple.<br><br>That brings me to my next point. You're trying to needle me for making a lighthearted comment in a completely different context in a stupid attempt to make me look like an [censored]. It's a pretty scummy thing to do, but I don't need to say that for your benefit. Even so, you're trying to make me look bad in the face of all of the nasty personal attacks you have made on me and other members of the forum.<br><br>Good luck with that. As a fellow Christian, peace be with you. Maybe one day you'll learn.<br><br>-- Charlie Alpha Roger Yankee Whiskey

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/09/05 04:58 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Your argument is contingent on two things here.<br><br>1) That I've been hateful towards Christians.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Wrong. My argument is that you're carrying on a petty "crusade" against Christians, even going so far as mocking their symbolism. Big man you are. <br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>2) That I am personally responsible for responding with outrage when ever anything happens.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Wrong.<br><br>While you're busy singing the dangers of those Fundamentalist Christians, I'm concerned about your distinctive lack of anything regarding those of a religion who kill people on a regular, if not daily, basis. <br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Maybe one day you'll learn.<p><hr></blockquote><p>If you're teaching, I'd rather skip the class. <br><br>* * * * * * * * * * * * * *<br>I [censored] bigger than you.
Posted by: Bryan

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/09/05 05:18 PM

Imagine if the people rioting in France were Christians. Can you imagine how often we would be told that by the media? But as it is, to the normal observer, they would never know that it's France's Muslim population doing all of the rioting. <br><br>Same with terrorism. The media make up little pet names for their jihadist friends, calling them, among other things:<br><br>Insurgents<br><br>Rebels<br><br>Freedom fighters<br><br><br>For some reason, they won't say it....they are ISLAMIC terrorists. Does that make all Muslims terrorists? Not by a long shot....but where's the truth in the reporting? <br><br>Then you have people that play the "there are extremists on both sides." Really? Who? Eric Rudolph? When is the last time Christians started rioting and overturning cars? Blew up airplanes? Set off a suicide bomb in a cafe? <br><br><br><br>

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/09/05 05:35 PM

What can I say, I'm happy to let my reputation do the talking since yours speaks volumes.<br><br>-- Charlie Alpha Roger Yankee Whiskey
Posted by: trey

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/09/05 05:37 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>they are ISLAMIC terrorists<p><hr></blockquote><p>Not saying I agree or disagree, but if Muslims were taking over our country would you call the (christian, I guess) US citizens who opposed it forcibly terrorists? If they come here to take over my land and my government, I'm breaking out the rifles and killing as many as I can.<br><br>

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/09/05 05:50 PM

Have you conveniently forgotten the IRA so soon?<br><br>btw I've been wondering what you were going to do<br>once the neo-focus turned to "Christian" Right.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/09/05 05:56 PM

Exactly.<br><br>Their methods are deplorable, and I hope they answer some day for their horrific deeds against the innocent... but they have no other means of fighting.<br><br><br>

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/09/05 06:11 PM

I concur... I've said that at least 3-4 times in the past several months...<br><br>the problem with the War supporters is they fail to even look at the other side... I don't mean the Al Quada but the native Iraqis..<br><br>we invaded their country... we took over the oil...set up "puppet leaders" - we look like (ie are) occupiers- not liberators. Did we do the same in Europe or Japan?<br><br>I think most would respond like you said.. if they were occupying... after a certain point- you'd take arms up, esp when they're STEALING your resources and the $$$ is not going to help rebuild your country or put your people to work, but is going to some rich US company!!<br><br>The Bush apologists don't see that.<br><br><br>David (OFI)<br>

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/09/05 06:24 PM

Here's the thing... you're jumping right into the argument that Matt wanted you to. The whole idea of this thread is to antagonize people who aren't over-the-top anti-Muslim into explaining why they aren't sufficiently pissed off about a terrorist attack. What's the point? "My outrage is more righteous than your outrage?"<br><br>It's damned if you do, damned if you don't. They spend their time going over the line about Muslims in order to make everyone else sound like apologists. It's a despicable rhetorical strategy. [censored] that, man. It's like those dickwads on cable news channels that complain for hours about how no Muslims say anything about terrorism, then either talk over them or refuse to have mainstream Muslims on their programs.<br><br>It's just a shame that people need to pick on someone else's religion to make themselves feel better.<br><br>-- Charlie Alpha Roger Yankee Whiskey

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/09/05 06:31 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>What can I say, I'm happy to let my reputation do the talking since yours speaks volumes.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Amen, brother. <br><br>* * * * * * * * * * * * * *<br>I [censored] bigger than you.<br>

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/09/05 06:39 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Here's the thing... you're jumping right into the argument that Matt wanted you to. The whole idea of this thread is to antagonize people who aren't over-the-top anti-Muslim into explaining why they aren't sufficiently pissed off about a terrorist attack.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Here's the other thing, Cary. While you're busy carrying out your petty little crusade against those dastardly, evil "Fundamentalist, Evanglic Christians" there are real terrorist killing hundereds of people in the name of their religion, in the name of their God. Yet, you say nothing. If you were truly honest about people doing harm in the name of religion, well then, may I suggest you're missing the f*cking TITANIC. <br><br>But hey ... you keep on keeping an eye on those dangerous Fundamentalist Christians. <br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>It's just a shame that people need to pick on someone else's religion to make themselves feel better.<p><hr></blockquote><p><br><br><br>* * * * * * * * * * * * * *<br>I [censored] bigger than you.<br>

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/09/05 06:47 PM

Is there an echo in here?<br><br>You're just making the same complaint over and over again, putting words in my mouth. Why not come with something next time?<br><br>-- Charlie Alpha Roger Yankee Whiskey

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/09/05 06:49 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>You're just making the same complaint over and over again, putting words in my mouth. Why not come with something next time?<p><hr></blockquote><p>Hey .. I'm just waiting on your next "feel-good-post-of-the-year" attack on Christians. I can't wait to go out and tell someone with a fish emblem on their car that you think they suck. <br><br>* * * * * * * * * * * * * *<br>I [censored] bigger than you.<br>

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/09/05 07:10 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Here's the thing... you're jumping right into the argument that Matt wanted you to. The whole idea of this thread is to antagonize people who aren't over-the-top anti-Muslim into explaining why they aren't sufficiently pissed off about a terrorist attack. What's the point? "My outrage is more righteous than your outrage?"<p><hr></blockquote><p>And that is why you pisss Mattmac112 off so much. You never fall for the trap. You don't even get pisssed at him when he says you are ashamed of being christian. (That would have gotten a "go fsck yourself" from me.)<br><br>Your reputation does precede you. Mattmac112's reputation of being a Bush butt sniffing apologist is also rock solid. (There I go again woops.) You realize you can't get antagonized with Mattmac112 once it is realized he is just reciting Hannity like talking points ad nauseum even before McClelland spouts them. He is a marvel of totally scripted execution.<br><br><br><br><br><br>(__*__) <-- circular sig when standing
Posted by: Zapata_

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/09/05 07:11 PM

You are not a Christian!<br><br>You are a Crusader!<br><br>Let me repeat that so it is clear:<br><br>You are NOT a Christian!<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/09/05 07:14 PM

See, I think Cary is wrong and Matt is right on this. When it comes to the key element that leads to real hassles for others, fundamentalist Christians and Muslims have more in common than we often admit. In particular, both religions have built into their respective scriptures an absolute requirement that the faithful go out and proselytize. And that's the problem. Wouldn't it be nice if Christians and Muslims were like Judaism, so no one comes knocking on your door (or on your head) to convert you? <br><br>. . . . . Here's lookin' at [color:red]you</font color=red> kid.

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/09/05 07:15 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>And that is why you pisss Mattmac112 off so much.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Ahh if it were only true, Polypsmear ... if it were only true. Not even you piss me off, which was the attempted point of this post and that "oh-so-witty east coast sarcasm" you treasure so much. <br><br>Try again. <br><br>* * * * * * * * * * * * * *<br>I [censored] bigger than you.<br>

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/09/05 07:30 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p> Wouldn't it be nice if Christians and Muslims were like Judaism, so no one comes knocking on your door (or on your head) to convert you?<p><hr></blockquote><p> <br><br>"I would roger that", polymerase said in an east-coast sarcastic way.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>(__*__) <-- circular sig when standing

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/09/05 07:32 PM

I think I might have been east coast sarcastic too. Hard to be sincere when you're on the east coast. Why cheese and crackers, "east" coast--that's almost the Middle East--traitors! <br><br>. . . . . Here's lookin' at [color:red]you</font color=red> kid.

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/09/05 07:39 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I think I might have been east coast sarcastic too. Hard to be sincere when you're on the east coast. Why cheese and crackers, "east" coast--that's almost the Middle East--traitors!<p><hr></blockquote><p>Nah Al, you're sarcastic in that Pennsylvania Dutch kinda way ... <br><br>* * * * * * * * * * * * * *<br>I [censored] bigger than you.<br>

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/09/05 07:42 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>"I would roger that", polymerase said in an east-coast sarcastic way.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Awwwww... Good for you Paul .. <br><br><embed src="http://www.yair.info/flash/Material/SoundEffects/Natural/Clap Small.WAV" width=320 height=25 controller="true" autoplay="false" type="video/quicktime"><br><br>C'mon ... Do .. Do it again. <br>(watch this guys, he's a pro, a real smart@ss at work)<br><br>Go ahead, Paul. <br><br>* * * * * * * * * * * * * *<br>I [censored] bigger than you.<br>

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/09/05 07:44 PM

<br><br><br>Polypsmear here. Was that a typo or was that Hoosier sincere humor? Becasue you are hitting home runs, cracking me up.<br><br>I feel reincarnated. I am not polymerase. The scales fall from my eyes as I rise from the ashes.<br><br>Address me from now on as "Mister East Coast Sarcastic Polypsmear."<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>(__*__) <-- circular sig when standing

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/09/05 07:48 PM

Thye have cheese and crackers out in Indy too? <br><br>. . . . . Here's lookin' at [color:red]you</font color=red> kid.

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/09/05 07:56 PM

You can get a great chicken fried steak in a bar a friend of mine works at, Broad Ripple, naptown, but your kind of cheese and crackers Indy has never had, never will.<br><br><br><br><br><br>(__*__) <-- circular sig when standing
Posted by: lanovami

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/09/05 07:59 PM

Bush, a born again Christian, walked out of his room, thinking he had squared it with Jesus, the Prince of Peace, that he should go into Iraq. And this man is in charge of the most powerful country in the world. That is dangerous, and I doubt know one knows it more than Jesus does.<br><br>We are what we repeatedly do. -Aristotle

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/09/05 08:01 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Thye have cheese and crackers out in Indy too?<p><hr></blockquote><p>Beats me, I don't like cheese and crackers .. <br><br>* * * * * * * * * * * * * *<br>I [censored] bigger than you.<br>
Posted by: ChrisN

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/09/05 11:12 PM

This, much like all your other posts, you must have stopped and pondered... WWJD?<br><br>Chris<br><br>---<br>A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. <br>-Mark Twain <br>---<br><br>

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/10/05 02:12 AM

<br>...and here I was thinking that that's what <br>passes for Communion Waffers in YOUR RedNeck of the Woods. <br><br>

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/10/05 05:33 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Got any examples of something more current? You know, mass killings by those Fundamentalist Christians on the scale of ... oh I don't know ... daily? <p><hr></blockquote><p><h1> YEAH! This Stoopit F'ING WAR in IRAQ!!!</h1><br>Here's where YOU Go: <h1>"[color:red]WHAT? WHAT? WHAT?</font color=red>"</h1><br>Just trying to be helpful...<br>...thought you mighta' misplaced the script (...er sumpthin'...)<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Bush, a born again Christian, walked out of his room, thinking he had squared it with Jesus, the Prince of Peace, that he should go into Iraq. And this man is in charge of the most powerful country in the world. That is dangerous, and I doubt know one knows it more than Jesus does. <p><hr></blockquote><p><br>

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/10/05 05:54 AM

Seriously ... got any examples?<br><br>* * * * * * * * * * * * * *<br>I [censored] bigger than you.<br>

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/10/05 06:00 AM

<br><br><br>

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/10/05 06:57 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>This, much like all your other posts, you must have stopped and pondered... WWJD?<p><hr></blockquote><p>I have no idea what you're talking about.<br><br>* * * * * * * * * * * * * *<br>I [censored] bigger than you.<br>

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/10/05 06:58 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>...and here I was thinking that that's what <br>passes for Communion Waffers in YOUR RedNeck of the Woods.<p><hr></blockquote><p>I don't know what people use for Communion Waffers around here. Do you?<br><br>* * * * * * * * * * * * * *<br>I [censored] bigger than you.<br>

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/10/05 07:00 AM

Yeah .. I didn't think you did either. <br><br>Thanks CelanWhine. <br><br><br><br>* * * * * * * * * * * * * *<br>I [censored] bigger than you.<br>

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/10/05 08:28 AM

yeah, ...must be as rare as a bagel in B'Ham.<br><br>

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/10/05 08:36 AM

[censored].jpg" alt="" /><br><br>

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/10/05 09:07 AM

What?<br><br>* * * * * * * * * * * * * *<br>I [censored] bigger than you.<br>

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/10/05 09:10 AM

look it up <br><br>

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/10/05 10:32 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p> I don't know what people use for Communion Waffers around here. Do you? <p><hr></blockquote><p>Me personally, .... I hope they use Pretzels at GW's church !! <br><br><br><br><br>David (OFI)<br>

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/10/05 11:32 AM

What?<br><br>* * * * * * * * * * * * * *<br>I [censored] bigger than you.
Posted by: trey

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/10/05 03:18 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I have no idea what you're talking about.<p><hr></blockquote><p>WWJD stands for "What Woud Jesus Do?" It's a phrase that's meant to give people pause and have them think about their reactions and actions to and in all situations. The idea is that you should be like Jesus.<br><br>I think that Chris was (and forgive me if I'm misinterpreting here) simply trying to point out to you the very un-christian way you tend to behave sometimes in these forums. This contrasting your earlier statement about your being a christian.<br><br>

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/10/05 03:24 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I think that Chris was (and forgive me if I'm misinterpreting here) simply trying to point out to you the very un-christian way you tend to behave sometimes in these forums. This contrasting your earlier statement about your being a christian.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Ah! Gocha. I would suggest, then, that Chris keep his eyes on his own paper and worry about himself. <br><br>* * * * * * * * * * * * * *<br>I [censored] bigger than you.
Posted by: sean

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/10/05 04:00 PM

perhaps he's just worried about people like you giving Christians a bad name. a valid concern, i'd reckon. <br><br>--<br>"I am mindful that diversity is one of the strengths of the country" --president bush on 9/27/05
Posted by: djstefan

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/10/05 04:03 PM

ALL religions are dangerous and bad. Christians are no different.<br><br>Anyone who decides to view things by one book and live a lifetime by one road is just a plain dangerous dumb ASS since that makes him narrow minded. Narrow minded people are dangerous, because they see things only one way and make decisions based upon fear and hate of anything new.<br><br>Out of an infinite amount of possibilities, religious people decide to live their lives by only 1. <br><br>_________________________________________<br>Just a different kinda geek...<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by djstefan on 11/10/05 07:05 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: But by all means . . . - 11/10/05 04:18 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>perhaps he's just worried about people like you giving Christians a bad name. a valid concern, i'd reckon. <p><hr></blockquote><p>Hmmmm ... trite, even for you, Professor. Bored? <br><br>* * * * * * * * * * * * * *<br>I [censored] bigger than you.<br>