The BushCult KNOW they are morally reprehensible

Posted by: Zapata_

The BushCult KNOW they are morally reprehensible - 08/16/05 01:37 PM

that is why they have to work so hard to spew their garbage to further their political agenda. Period.t<br><br>
Posted by: TheGreatDivide

Re: The BushCult KNOW they are morally reprehensible - 08/16/05 04:09 PM

Darn right...<br><br>When I joked about the Jonestown similarity<br>I never realized it'd be reality...<br><br>ah sure I did who am I kidding...<br><br>Anyhow, I agree<br>does anyone realize how hard one has to work<br>not to know what has happened to this land?<br>And abroad for that matter<br><br>I hate to get into metaphores but<br>the DEVIL is loose<br>as my aunt would say...<br>and that's just from the mulitple homicides in Miami on the news...<br><br>payce<br><br>Why is it all or nothing? All is boring and nothing is a drag.
Posted by: polymerase

Re: The BushCult KNOW they are morally reprehensible - 08/16/05 04:17 PM

When you don't have any truths, try lies. When you run out of that just start throwing the full Glad Tall Kitchen Bags and don't bother to tie the handles together unless you need some distance.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: DLC

Re: The BushCult KNOW they are morally reprehensib - 08/16/05 04:44 PM

I think you're right and many of them (at least the sensible ones) Realize... Realize they have been duped and they are angry and are taking it out on those who point to their obvious error in judgement. They should be directing it at the liars who fooled them.<br><br>maybe we should have an "amnesty program" for them?<br> <br><br>David (OFI)<br>
Posted by: JonnyCat

Re: The BushCult KNOW they are morally reprehensible - 08/16/05 05:02 PM

Welcome to the 'liberal circle jerk' thread. <br><br>Please sign in.<br><br>

Re: The BushCult KNOW they are morally reprehensible - 08/16/05 05:24 PM

<center><br>[img]http://www.macminute.com/images/wwwthreads/icons/tongue.gif" width="100" height="150[/img][img]http://www.macminute.com/images/wwwthreads/icons/laugh.gif" width="100" height="150[/img]<br></center><br><br>

Re: The BushCult KNOW they are morally reprehensible - 08/16/05 05:27 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p> Welcome to the 'liberal circle jerk' thread. <p><hr></blockquote><p> Since the non liberal circle jerks here haven't brought anything new to the table except tearing apart a a gold star mother who wants an answer from the president we are getting kind of lonely here. Got a Playboy?<br><br><br><br><br>

Re: The BushCult KNOW they are morally reprehensible - 08/16/05 05:44 PM

Sorry, don't have a playboy magazine for you.<br><br>Good grief, are you guys still bickering over the mother camping in a ditch story?<br><br>

Re: The BushCult KNOW they are morally reprehensible - 08/16/05 05:50 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p> Good grief, are you guys still bickering over the mother camping in a ditch story? <p><hr></blockquote><p> No I don't think one of us circle jerk liberals have started one of the dozen threads denigrating the gold star mother who wants to talk to President Bush.<br><br>But if you think it is all about a mom in a ditch you need to read the program.<br><br><br><br><br>

Re: The BushCult KNOW they are morally reprehensible - 08/16/05 05:57 PM

I stopped reading the story on day one.<br><br>Mother loses son in Iraq war. Mother visits President Bush. Mother in grief. Mother against war. Mother camps in ditch. Mother wants second visit with President Bush.<br><br>Did I miss something?<br><br>Btw, last I read President Bush has visited with 200 out of 1800 soldiers that died families. What makes this mother think she is more deserving that the other 1600 mothers that haven't had first visits - that she deserves a second visit?<br><br>Really, it's a mother camping in a ditch story to me.<br><br>

Re: The BushCult KNOW they are morally reprehensible - 08/16/05 06:07 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p> Really, it's a mother camping in a ditch story to me. <p><hr></blockquote><p> Then I don't think you get it. But that might just be me thinking too much into the story but I think we may have reached the McCarthy point. Where the nation finally says, F you Joseph McCarthy. (Except this time it would be GW Bush) <br><br>What makes this mother think she is more deserving? Who knows? It could be because she has a question about why we went to Iraq and she saw the funny video of Bush looking under his desk for WMD. For some reason, she has changed her mind and she doesn't think it was very funny.<br><br>
Posted by: DLC

Re: The BushCult KNOW they are morally reprehensib - 08/16/05 06:18 PM

well ya did miss the part about GW hyping the need for the Iraq war on a bed of Lies and falsehoods... course that's just such a minor footnote. <br><br>then there 's the part about changing the reasons we went in the first place after the original lies fall apart... another minor footnote. <br><br>and then the part about not listening to his own military advisors on the size of the force needed to do the job right, so those in Iraq are more vulnerable and can't keep a lid on it... another minor footnote. <br><br>and then the part about not having enough equipment and armor to protect the troops he says he supports... but just another minor footnote. <br><br>then there's having no PLAN for the occupation to secure and run the country, even after 2 years more of the same... another minor footnote. <br><br>also 2 years later there's the part about STILL not having enough equipment and armor to protect the troops he says he supports... another minor footnote. <br><br>yep you covered it all, but the footnotes !! <br><br><br>David (OFI)<br>

Re: The BushCult KNOW they are morally reprehensible - 08/16/05 06:36 PM

[img]http://www.macminute.com/images/wwwthreads/icons/laugh.gif" width="20" height="300" align="right[/img]<br><br><br>

Re: The BushCult KNOW they are morally reprehensib - 08/16/05 06:44 PM

Right.<br><br>The simple recap to why we went to war<br><br>1) Disarm Saddam because he was a threat<br>2) Liberate Iraq<br><br>Part 1 - mission accomplished<br>Part 2 - Iraq fine tuning Constitution right now. Iraq army and police getting up to speed to defend themselves. Constitution and elections to be held this fall and next year.<br><br>So by my account, we're 3/4 of the way of a really hard job. Let's hope for success.<br><br>The arm chair quarterbacking and perfect hindsight vision doesn't change this. <br><br>
Posted by: SlapLeather

Re: The BushCult KNOW they are morally reprehensib - 08/16/05 07:36 PM

Bump worthy<br><br>PISSED meet PITHED<br><br><br>DLC<br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>well ya did miss the part about GW hyping the need for the Iraq war on a bed of Lies and falsehoods... course that's just such a minor footnote. <br><br>then there 's the part about changing the reasons we went in the first place after the original lies fall apart... another minor footnote. <br><br>and then the part about not listening to his own military advisors on the size of the force needed to do the job right, so those in Iraq are more vulnerable and can't keep a lid on it... another minor footnote. <br><br>and then the part about not having enough equipment and armor to protect the troops he says he supports... but just another minor footnote. <br><br>then there's having no PLAN for the occupation to secure and run the country, even after 2 years more of the same... another minor footnote. <br><br>also 2 years later there's the part about STILL not having enough equipment and armor to protect the troops he says he supports... another minor footnote. <br><br>yep you covered it all, but the footnotes !! <p><hr></blockquote><p><br><br>JonnyCat<br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Right.<br><br>The simple recap to why we went to war<br><br>1) Disarm Saddam because he was a threat<br>2) Liberate Iraq<br><br>Part 1 - mission accomplished<br>Part 2 - Iraq fine tuning Constitution right now. Iraq army and police getting up to speed to defend themselves. Constitution and elections to be held this fall and next year.<br><br>So by my account, we're 3/4 of the way of a really hard job. Let's hope for success.<br><br>The arm chair quarterbacking and perfect hindsight vision doesn't change this.<p><hr></blockquote><p><br><br><br>got to let your eyes adjust
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: The BushCult KNOW they are morally reprehensib - 08/17/05 12:04 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p> Iraq fine tuning Constitution right now. Iraq army and police getting up to speed to defend themselves. Constitution and elections to be held this fall and next year.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Just promise you'll stay tuned in on this one. 'Cause it's gonna be one long, nasty ride. In six months, it'll be<br><br> Iraq fine tuning Constitution right now. Iraq army and police getting up to speed to defend themselves. Constitution and elections to be held this fall and next year.<br><br>And in a year it'll be<br><br> Iraq fine tuning Constitution right now. Iraq army and police getting up to speed to defend themselves. Constitution and elections to be held this fall and next year.<br><br>And . . . .<br><br>Your observations will be interestin', as we follow the development of success in Irap. Or civil war. I'll lay hard money on the latter.<br><br>

Re: The BushCult KNOW they are morally reprehensib - 08/17/05 01:55 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Your observations will be interestin', as we follow the development of success in Irap. Or civil war. I'll lay hard money on the latter.<p><hr></blockquote><p>The time table has been around for a long time - milestone dates to be hit<br><br>Aug 15,2005 - Constitution drafteed<br>Oct 15,2005 - People of Iraq vote on the Constitution<br>Dec 15,2005 - If Constitution approved, elections for the first permanent government<br>Dec 31,2005 - New permanent goverment takes office.<br><br>Now the Aug 15,2005 deadline has been missed. But the good news is the country didn't go into civil war like all the pundits were predicting. The Transitional National Assembly (these are the people the Iraqi People voted for back in Jan 30,2005) unanimously voted for extending the deadline to Aug 22,2005 to finalize the Constitution.<br><br>On Oct 15,2005, any of 3 ethic groups has the power to veto the Constitution in the public referendum.<br><br>There are a lot of hard working Iraqi people that are earnestly trying to get their country born right now. They are risking their lives everyday to build a new life for themselves. If your hoping they'll collapse into civil war so you can blame it on Bush - shame on you!<br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Llewelyn

Re: The BushCult KNOW they are morally reprehensib - 08/17/05 04:30 AM

But JC - mother in the ditch doesn't accept these as reasons. She wants to know the real ones - she wants Bush to tell her that he's happy her son is dead and that if he could sent more kids to die pointlessly he would - that is the only answer that she will accept.<br><br><br>- This is gonna get pretty interesting. <br>- Define "interesting". <br>- Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die..
Posted by: SgtBaxter

Re: The BushCult KNOW they are morally reprehensib - 08/17/05 04:39 AM

Are you talking about Bush you yourself? Seems all you have is flame bait.<br><br>
Posted by: MattMac112

Re: The BushCult KNOW they are morally reprehensib - 08/17/05 06:45 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>well ya did miss the part about GW hyping the need for the Iraq war on a bed of Lies and falsehoods... course that's just such a minor footnote.<p><hr></blockquote><p>It's not a minor footnote, Dave. Two bipartisan commissions held hearings spanning several years, hearing testimony from many, many people and didn't reach the conclusion that the war was "based on a bed of lies and falsehoods." <br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>then there 's the part about changing the reasons we went in the first place after the original lies fall apart... another minor footnote.<p><hr></blockquote><p> <br><br>So the myth goes. <br><br>Then, beyond the myth . . . <br><br><br>* * * * * * * * * * * * * *<br>I [censored] bigger than you.<br>