That was awesome!

Posted by: Trog

That was awesome! - 07/11/05 01:03 PM

Where has this press corps been!<br><br>They actually gave Scott (aka "douchebag") McClellan a thorough beating today, and it was beautiful. Its just unbelievable how this administration will lie.... but they got caught! I love it. <br><br>All there seems to be is WMV right now, but its SOOO worth it!<br><br>link<br><br><br>*its really bogged down, maybe there is a mirror somewhere.<br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Trog on 07/11/05 04:04 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: That was awesome! - 07/11/05 01:09 PM

Just watched again... it can only be described as a sh!t volcano for McClellan!! <br><br>
Posted by: garyW

Re: That was awesome! - 07/11/05 01:47 PM

link wasn't working, so:<br>full transcript here<br><br>Q Scott, if I could -- if I could point out, contradictory to that statement, on September 29th, 2003, while the investigation was ongoing, you clearly commented on it. You were the first one who said, if anybody from the White House was involved, they would be fired. And then on June 10th of 2004, at Sea Island Plantation, in the midst of this investigation is when the President made his comment that, yes, he would fire anybody from the White House who was involved. So why have you commented on this during the process of the investigation in the past, but now you've suddenly drawn a curtain around it under the statement of, "We're not going to comment on an ongoing investigation"?<br><br>MR. McCLELLAN: Again, John, I appreciate the question. I know you want to get to the bottom of this. No one wants to get to the bottom of it more than the President of the United States. And I think the way to be most helpful is to not get into commenting on it while it is an ongoing investigation. That's something that the people overseeing the investigation have expressed a preference that we follow. And that's why we're continuing to follow that approach and that policy.<br><br>Now, I remember very well what was previously said. And at some point, I will be glad to talk about it, but not until after the investigation is complete.<br><br>Q So could I just ask, when did you change your mind to say that it was okay to comment during the course of an investigation before, but now it's not?<br><br>MR. McCLELLAN: Well, I think maybe you missed what I was saying in reference to Terry's question at the beginning. There came a point when the investigation got underway when those overseeing the investigation asked that it would be their -- or said that it would be their preference that we not get into discussing it while it is ongoing. I think that's the way to be most helpful to help them advance the investigation and get to the bottom of it.<br><br> <br><br><br>
Posted by: polymerase

Re: That was awesome! - 07/11/05 01:50 PM

Thanks for the link. That press secretary sure can squirm. And what happened to the White House press core over the weekend? They finally grew a nutsack!<br><br>Whatever happened to the last press secretary? Ari Flescher? Did he quit knowing that he would have had to stand there and do this lying by omission stuff that this guy is being forced to do for Karl?<br><br><br>Robert Luskin, defends his client by arguing that Rove never revealed the name of Valerie Plame/Wilson to Cooper and that he only referred to her as Wilson's wife. <br><br>Oh, so Wilson may have had many wives? But even if it was one of many, Karl still outed her. Or maybe "wife" means something different to Karl. Like "male prostitute" means "credentialed reporter"?<br><br>Since he said "wife" instead of her name Karl is going to escape the perp walk. But shouldn't he at least be fired? Didn't President Bush say he would fire anyone in the White House that he found out was involved with outing Plame?<br>Or at least perjury. The special prosecutor is going to let slide "wife"?<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: polymerase

Re: That was awesome! - 07/11/05 01:54 PM

It seems to be working now. The honor and dignity that this White House is exuding at this press conference is something that has to be seen to be believed.<br><br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: DLC

Re: That was awesome! - 07/11/05 02:13 PM

I'm with you- about frickin TIME they held these lying, deceiving monkeys accountable!!<br><br>ever seen a slug sqirm when salt is poured on it....<br><br>BAM ! Scott McClellan !! <br>"ahhhh... I'm melting...I'm melting...whatta world !!" <br><br>David (OFI)<br>

I rule at Photoshop - 07/11/05 02:27 PM

<br><br>

Re: I rule at Photoshop - 07/11/05 02:43 PM

Great. Now some wingnut's going to change the topic to why liberals hate slugs. Anything to spoil our fun.<br><br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: lanovami

Re: That was awesome! - 07/11/05 02:51 PM

Actually, after finally seeing the video, as opposed to the transcript, I felt for McClellan a little. He repeated a few times, that he remembers what statements that have been made (his comments defending Rove and Bush's comments), and that he is looking forward to the time when he will be allowed to comment on them.<br><br>I think it is pretty sad that the only defense of Rove so far by his representation is that he never gave Plame's name, he merely gave the name of her husband. What the hell is that? I guess it was Wilson he had the beef with, so in his vengeful peddling of names I suppose it would come out in the context of the whistleblower Wilson's wife. Rove probably never even bothered to remember her name before he betrayed her. I am sure he knows her name now.<br><br>

Re: I rule at Photoshop - 07/11/05 03:05 PM

ROFLMAO !!!<br><br><br>yep that's him !!! Sluggo !!! <br><br>David (OFI)<br>

Re: I rule at Photoshop - 07/11/05 03:08 PM

Ah, ROTFLMAO: Rolling on the Floor Laughing My Ass Off. Sorry, had to look that one up.<br><br>

Re: That was awesome! - 07/11/05 03:19 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p> I felt for McClellan a little. <p><hr></blockquote><p>Your compassion is enormous and respectable... but<br>Why? HE chose to defend these jerks !! He knows the Truth but cant admit it.<br><br>NO amount of $ could be worth throwing your morals and good conscious out the window... there are more important things than a job... there comes a limit. The credible respectable people in Nixon's Admin resigned when they couldn't swallow any more of his evilness.... they put their COUNTRY before their Party. Some others who hung with him - were hung out to prison. I think it would be incredible if it was shown GW knew of Rove's treasonous act (putative), even after the fact.<br><br>Still some things are not definite, but it's NOT looking good for them. <br><br>David (OFI)<br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: That was awesome! - 07/11/05 05:53 PM

While everyone's yukking it up over this fiasco, we're also witnessing the death of yet another potentially bright career brought on by blind loyalty to a President and Admin with a distorted agenda. Powell is one of the earliest, and biggest derailments. This kind of crap is hardly cause for celebration.<br><br>

Re: That was awesome! - 07/11/05 05:57 PM

I do know where you are coming from, Steve. I think people are just happy to see that this Administration is finally beginning to be made to fess up for all the above things you mentioned. Justice must be served for what was done to Plame, but for a lot of people, the fact that it was (likely) Rove makes the justice all that much sweeter.<br><br>

Re: That was awesome! - 07/11/05 06:04 PM

I hear ya Steve, and you have a good point...<br><br> I DO have sympathy for Powell... he was once of high morals, and got sucked into the Bush hype & lies, and was seriously tainted (IMHO). But he saw his errors, and left- I wish he'd done it back at the WMDs - UN hearing.<br><br>But Rove is a different animal... he's a weasel, he knows full well what he does and what treachery he breeds... I have no sympathy for his likes. Let him reap what he has sown.<br><br><br><br>David (OFI)<br>

Re: That was awesome! - 07/11/05 06:12 PM

Clarification: I feel for McLellan. Just a poor schmuck doing what he's been trained to do. But Rove is a road apple, and should be scooped up and thrown in the fertilizer bag.<br><br>

Re: That was awesome! - 07/11/05 06:19 PM

Yeah, I feel for McClellan too. He is just doing what he has been told to do. <br><br>

Re: That was awesome! - 07/11/05 06:54 PM

Well I do have a little sympathy for him, but he can resign just like Powell... <br><br>there comes a point when the job and the $ just are NOT worth it - IF you have any morals in your body left.<br><br>I sense McClellan may be near a breaking point.<br>Time to pack the bags... I think this Administration is headed for a downward spiral !<br><br>David (OFI)<br>

Re: That was awesome! - 07/11/05 06:57 PM

Well, even Powell waited for Bush's reelection, which is probably what he thought the most dignified thing to do. Who was the White House spokesperson who resigned after it became clear Clinton had misled him? Can't remember his name.<br><br>

Re: That was awesome! - 07/11/05 08:38 PM

It's his job to come out and tell half-truths for Bush, who can't do it 24/7, and honestly, can't really speak as it is. He knows damn well when he's lying! I don't feel sorry for him at all. I don't watch these gaggles on a regular basis, but on any average day he acts like a smug little prick, so I get some satisfaction seeing him sweat. Poor, poor, McClellan gets picked on by the mean reporters? <br><br>But I understand that's not really a very good reason for why I don't feel sorry for him. That's just being petty. Think about what this lie (and others) really amount to. Not much for him other than a little more forehead sweat, and a bigger laundry bill. But by sticking by this particular lie he at least helped propel the false case for war about WMD that didn't exist. Now the result is that American kids are coming home in bodybags, thousands of civilians are dying, terrorist cells are cropping up...<br><br>...and I'm supposed to feel bad about some press secretary for getting yelled at by reporters for telling an obvious lie?? No way.<br><br><br>

Re: That was awesome! - 07/11/05 08:38 PM

Ari Fleischer, and he was an even bigger prick than this guy.<br><br>

Re: That was awesome! - 07/11/05 09:55 PM

That's the name! Thought I would never forget his name, cuz "ari" means ant in Japanese.<br><br>
Posted by: Celandine

Re: That was awesome! - 07/12/05 01:47 AM

You can't blow by that this is the "road apple"<br>has been the driving force behind this administration.<br><br>If "Bush's Brain" should be DUMPED on the dung heap<br>so too should his sock puppet, George Walker Bush.<br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green>

Re: That was awesome! - 07/12/05 03:27 AM

I think you missed my point. He asked for the grilling he's now getting. There's no denying that. He's the Admin's mouthpiece and media shield. I pity him because he either lacked the cojones to walk when he smelled something foul, or because he was already trapped. He's dispensible in the Admin's view, and that's a harsh way to be treated.<br><br>No, I don't expect a pardon for the lies. But I feel he's due some compassion and empathy for the box he's in now.<br><br>

Re: That was awesome! - 07/12/05 03:35 AM

Fine. You wanna burn the pawns along with the knights and kings? Knock yourself out. I prefer to look at this Admin as a complex organism -- a colony made up of individuals. Some of them are n/g, and some of them are decent people caught up in very unsavory circumstances. But hey, throw the whole mess on the pyre, eh? Easier that way, and no need to do any sorting.<br><br>

Re: That was awesome! - 07/12/05 04:01 AM

No Problem <br><br>*Tosses you (and th rest of the mouth-breathing tossers) on the pyre*<br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green>

Re: That was awesome! - 07/12/05 04:10 AM

Is this necessary?<br><br>

Re: That was awesome! - 07/12/05 04:13 AM

<br>Just bustin' your chops <br><br>Naw... I'm willing to wait for [color:red]the War Crimes Tribunal</font color=red> to sort it all out. <br><br>After they rot for an undetermined stretch in "Club Gitmo" that is...<br>or perhaps RENDER Them out to Afganistan for who can say how long<br>.....without due process...<br><br>The "King & Knights" can go out doing 'the Nuernberg Jig'<br>from piano wire, like all the other good little Nazi's.<br><br>...then we can heap them up and torch the lot. <br><br><br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green>

Re: That was awesome! - 07/12/05 04:18 AM

No, ...but it sure is fun!<br><br><br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green>
Posted by: TheGreatDivide

Piss on him. - 07/12/05 09:54 AM

He deserves, like so many other diddo headz, to be golden showered by none other than big old music industry's fav sicko R. Kelly is it?<br><br>Ah nvrmind the diamond mind grind...<br><br>Dave Chappell for president!<br><br>- Peace & Love.
Posted by: TreeBeard

Re: I rule at Photoshop - 07/12/05 10:11 AM

still wondering why yanks seem to have a donkey on their backs.<br><br>but then is probably serves them right for taking the r out of arse.<br><br><br>but where will we be when the future comes?

Re: I rule at Photoshop - 07/12/05 10:30 AM

lol doanchu mean ASS?<br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green>

Re: I rule at Photoshop - 07/12/05 02:41 PM

I read somewhere that the "r" was taken out of arse because the word spread thru New England (where they love to nasalize those a's) to the rest of the States. But, I don't know why we say "butt" when all the other English speakers I know of say "bum". <br><br>Most everyone is well aware here that ass also means a donkey, this was one of the things that made Sunday School a little less boring.<br><br>

Re: I rule at Photoshop - 07/12/05 03:08 PM

That was what I was alluding too.<br>The Democrat Mascot = The Mule = Ass<br><br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green>

Re: I rule at Photoshop - 07/12/05 03:16 PM

I knew this.<br><br>

Re: I rule at Photoshop - 07/12/05 03:34 PM

LOL, OK<br><br>But it was also a private joke.<br>Me and TB tussle over the disparity <br>between English and American all the time.<br><br>You know; <br>You say "colour" I say "color" etc. ad finitum<br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green>

Re: I rule at Photoshop - 07/12/05 04:02 PM

My Canadian friends are always talking about "sh*t disturbers", something I had never heard of in the US. Anyone know of an area of the US where this term is used?<br><br>

Re: That was awesome! - 07/13/05 07:43 PM

Looks like the original douchebag Fleischer could be in for some heat as well. That would be nice.<br><br><blockquote>People familiar with the inquiry say Fitzgerald also is reviewing testimony by former White House Press Secretary Ari Fleischer, though it is not clear whether the prosecutor is focusing on him or seeking information about higher-ups. Fleischer last night refused to comment.</blockquote><br><br>

Re: That was awesome! - 07/13/05 09:01 PM

Trog, I look forward to talking about this at some point, but it's not the appropriate time to talk about those questions while the investigation is ongoing.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: That was awesome! - 07/14/05 01:21 AM

You don't say...<br><br><br><embed src="http://weinertlab.kicks-ass.org/~hunter/temp/McClellan.mov" autoplay="false" height="260" width="370"></embed><br><br>

Re: That was awesome! - 07/14/05 08:54 AM

This was posted over at Onegoodmove.<br><br>Who are these people???<br><br>link<br><br>