"Gunman"

Posted by: Bryan

"Gunman" - 03/22/05 05:53 AM

Just reading the coverage of the Indian reservation shooting, and they repeatedly refer to the teenage psychopath that mowed down 9 people and (thankfully) himself as a "gunman."<br><br>Correct me if I am wrong, but if the headline says teen, how can he be a man?<br><br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: "Gunman" - 03/22/05 06:14 AM

Gunkid has no media WOW, and gunteen sounds like chewing gum. <br><br>
Posted by: hayesk

Re: "Gunman" - 03/22/05 06:19 AM

Gunperson, then? <br><br>Seriously, this kid killed 9 people. He'll likely be tried as an adult if he passes psychiatric testing. In that case, maybe gunman is appropriate?<br><br><br>
Posted by: sean

Re: "Gunman" - 03/22/05 06:42 AM

i watched CNN for a while last night and heard nothing. and i've been watching CNN in the background for the past 1/2 hour and they just now mentioned it in a 10 second snippet. the second worst school shooting in US history and we're already uninterested in these school shooting stories. give us michael jackson instead limping into court late again. and, the public has all they can handle with terry schiavo. it's the big story and we don't have the attention span for indians. 45 minutes of american morning and 10 seconds on the school shooting, but here's the second go-around on michael jackson and concerns about his health. i hope he's okay. <br><br>--<br>Straw-man rhetorical techniques are the practice of refuting weaker arguments than one's opponents offer. 2 "set up a straw man" or "set up a straw-man argument" is 2 create a position easily refuted, then attribute that position to your opponent.
Posted by: Bryan

Re: "Gunman" - 03/22/05 08:17 AM

I second the fatigue with the Jacko trial...who f [censored] king cares. As far as I'm concerned, that pasty-faced pederast can get off my TV set permanently!<br><br>
Posted by: newkojak

Re: "Gunman" - 03/22/05 11:29 AM

So why do you drive on a parkway and park on a drive... <br><br>-- Charlie Alpha Roger Yankee Whiskey<br>