this is exciting

Posted by: sean

this is exciting - 11/02/04 06:38 PM

i love election nights.<br><br>sure are a lot of white states. and, even though everything is going exactly as planned back in 2000, i am encouraged that some red states are taking longer to call to dubya than expected. that means that kerry is performing better than expected there.<br><br>fun to watch. i just wish they'd hurry up on the states that have completed an hour or more ago (e.g., michigan, penn, ohio).<br><br><br>--<br>one of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
Posted by: Llewelyn

Re: this is exciting - 11/02/04 09:10 PM

white? = Nader??<br><br>
Posted by: sean

Re: this is exciting - 11/02/04 09:32 PM

white = too close to call yet. <br><br>so far, not a single change over 2000. i want to sleep darn it. <br><br>just checked ohio. 130,000 more votes for dubya, but cleveland still has over 200,000 votes to report, which could make up the difference. cincy has more to report as does columbus. <br><br>it's all about ohio, i think.<br><br><br>--<br>one of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
Posted by: Bryan

Re: this is exciting - 11/02/04 09:42 PM

Yeah...Ohio it is. <br><br>Columbus is conservative, as is Cincinnati.<br><br>Kerry's best hope is the Cleveland area (Cuyohoga County.)<br><br>
Posted by: Michael

Re: this is exciting - 11/02/04 09:46 PM

Too bad Edwards couldn't swing his home state. That was 15 EVs gone.<br><br>
Posted by: Bryan

Re: this is exciting - 11/02/04 09:47 PM

That's the whole reason for picking a VP. <br><br>