Since the end game is upon us

Posted by: Llewelyn

Since the end game is upon us - 11/02/04 02:05 PM

Well as the end draws near, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for the entertainment. As Walrus surmised I have very close Welsh roots (hence the monica), and am a recent imigrant to the US shores, so there's still some stuff I either don't fully understand or follow in all its nuances. Though I started my computing career extolling the vitues of the old Apple II+, I have since been turned from the righteous path by large evil corporations that only support the holy Intel. I was directed here by a colleague, skuldugary, following chats at work concerning my run ins on another politically charged forum.<br><br>Since, from what I've seen of the members here, you folks appear to be far more mature than members of that other forum, I have an observation and a question to ask.......<br><br>Even in Rush Limbaugh's most rabid diatribes I have never heard him call for the assassination of John Kerry, and yet I have come across liberal comments that invoke the names of certain famous presidential assassins in the same breath as that of George Bush. I have also noticed that at almost any opportunity that these same liberals can call for all republicans to be shipped off to a war zone in the hope that they may interrupt the flight of a passing bullet (like I said, I've not seen that here, just elsewhere).<br><br>So the question - have I been unfortunate enough to run into some really sick members of our society or am I being too sensitive about a "joke".<br><br>(and for the record IMO Rush is a rabid crazy conservative)<br><br>
Posted by: Bryan

Re: Since the end game is upon us - 11/02/04 02:10 PM

Welcome to the forum.<br><br>Those are some interesting observations. <br><br>To answer your question, one needs understand the modern Democratic party. <br><br>You see, there is a faction on the left, headed by Howard Dean, that actually believes everything Michael Moore says. Such is their hatred for George Bush, they believe there should be no limits of the tactics used to remove him. Most of these people were educated in government schools, and tend to lack an overall basis in reality. <br><br>/my 2<br><br>
Posted by: Walrus

Re: Since the end game is upon us - 11/02/04 02:14 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I have come across liberal comments that invoke the names of certain famous presidential assassins in the same breath as that of George Bush. <p><hr></blockquote><p>As a lad from Cymry, you will be happy to note that the above is from those perfidious English at the Guardian.<br><br>
Posted by: polymerase

Re: Since the end game is upon us - 11/02/04 02:18 PM

Have you heard the radio commercial which stars Howard Dean? I think it is for Yahoo something or other. He makes fun of the Dean yell. I like someone who can make fun of himself. It was hilarious. I also think he and his views are what is saving the Democratic party. I would disagree that they are nut-jobs who would stop at nothing blather.<br>I hope Kerry gives him a cabinet position.<br><br><br>red sox otter pops for sale

Re: Since the end game is upon us - 11/02/04 02:28 PM

You know from what little I saw of Howard Dean before his amazing impression of an iraqi jet over the no-fly zone....he definitely had more of my respect that Kerry has. I like to know where I stand with people. (not sure I said it here but) - with Bush you know which handbasket you're riding in and which way hell is. I think the same is true of Dean. With Kerry I just get this whole feeling that we'll have no idea where we're going until he decides we're there.<br><br>When you can see someones plans and ideals (even if you don't like or agree with them), you can plan your life around them and attempt to mitigate the damage they're likely to inflict to you. When the rudder's broken off the only thing you can do is pray and hang on for dear life.<br><br>

Re: Since the end game is upon us - 11/02/04 02:30 PM

Actually I've read similar comments way before they were regurgitated by that icon of british publishing.<br><br>
Posted by: MattMac112

Re: Since the end game is upon us - 11/02/04 02:58 PM

The Dean Scream ... I've heard that used in commercials now. It's rapidly becoming the Wilhelm Scream of the new century!<br><br>First time I heard it used was in a commercial for Disney.<br><br>****************<br><br>[color:blue]VOTE</font color=blue>[color:red] for President George W. Bush on November 2, 2004</font color=red>

Re: Since the end game is upon us - 11/02/04 09:19 PM

Well seems I had my own question answered. Some of the folks on the other board think it is funny to make suggestions that those that oppose their views should be sent to a battle field or fed to lions. I had a huge rant (feel better now) and left. The sick kiddies can continue to play on their own, I've had enough of their little sandpit.<br><br>So someone put the kettle on mines a black tea, no sugar.<br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Llewelyn on 11/03/04 00:20 AM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>
Posted by: Pete

Re: Since the end game is upon us - 11/03/04 07:00 AM

I hope Kerry gives him a cabinet position.<br><br>What, *selling* them? <br><br>[color:red]C'mon...you know me.</font color=red>
Posted by: polymerase

Re: Since the end game is upon us - 11/03/04 07:54 AM

Well, I didn't say what kind of cabinet. Maybe a nice kitchen custom job, white veneer. I don't think Theresa will let John sell cabinetry on the street corner.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>red sox otter pops for sale
Posted by: SgtBaxter

Re: Since the end game is upon us - 11/03/04 11:28 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p><br>So the question - have I been unfortunate enough to run into some really sick members of our society or am I being too sensitive about a "joke".<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>The *really* funny part is they seem to think Bush is the morally bankrupt one! :D<br><br>

Re: Since the end game is upon us - 11/03/04 12:06 PM

I guess I'm just resigned to not understand these folks, in the same way as they don't seem to be able to understand me. Being Welsh, as a people we really don't hate anyone - except maybe the English, but since I'm mixed blood that's a difficult concept for me to accept =)<br><br>Having called someone on stating that "republicans should be sent off to war so that the democrats can win the 2008 elections in a landslide" (without so much as a text smiley)...turn into me being accused of being a warmonger, someone who relishes seeing women and children killed, and a coward who would invent the atomic bomb so I can drop it on towns and cities (huh?) - and finally being accused of being too dumb to understand his sense of humour.<br><br>And another thread where a christian called another democratic for his statement "too many christians too few lions" - see the christian accused of being the center of all the world problems, an anti semite, and a racist who wants to see all arabs in the world killed - because he was too stupid to understand the "joke".....oh and feeding to lions is the least of what this "tollerant peace loving democrat" believed should be a christians case.<br><br>Given this introduction to the rabid left, I think it's a real good idea to remain dumb. My plans for the future will be to fill out my N400, once that's cleared, get myself a pickup and a gun rack, and learn to speak slower and louder. At least that way I'll fit in with all the other folks who live in my neighbourhood. And this way I'll be able to participate in the fun and games for 2008, and make sure these rabid hate mongers never gain any influence over my life.....and who knows, if they reliquish control of the democrat party, I may even not vote republican - I really don't like extremist on either side.<br><br>