Rant: Boycott The Exit Poll

Posted by: alAnonymous

Rant: Boycott The Exit Poll - 11/02/04 09:07 AM

Today I personally declined to participate in the CNN exit poll. I was asked to participate as I was leaving.<br><br>I feel like it violates the (remaining) integrity of the process while providing the media with free content that borders on yellow journalism. People gravitate towards trend, and in the end the polls only benefit the media. <br><br>If people declined to participate in media polling during an election cycle, the candidates would have to make a more honest case for leadership.<br><br>So, even though we're at the end of the cycle, I strongly advocate boycotting the exit poll wherever you choose to vote today...and any political poll in the future.<br><br>
Posted by: MikeSellers

Re: Rant: Boycott The Exit Poll - 11/02/04 09:36 AM

I agree. Or at least everyone say they voted for Nader and skew the results. <br><br>
Posted by: Walrus

Re: Rant: Boycott The Exit Poll - 11/02/04 09:42 AM

Absolutely! Coudn't agree more!<br><br>
Posted by: sean

Re: Rant: Boycott The Exit Poll - 11/02/04 09:44 AM

i was asked as well. i declined, too. mine wasn't CNN . . . i think the guy said he was AP, but i just declined and kept walking. so did the 3 women behind me. <br><br><br>--<br>one of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
Posted by: newkojak

Re: Rant: Boycott The Exit Poll - 11/02/04 12:22 PM

I don't think CNN is doing exit polling. I heard on NPR this morning that the group doing all exit polling is a media consortium, organized by the Associated Press. Everyone is using the same exit polls this time around in an attempt to have uniform (accurate? ) results.<br><br>-- Charlie Alpha Roger Yankee Whiskey<br>
Posted by: alAnonymous

Re: Rant: Boycott The Exit Poll - 11/02/04 12:57 PM

Hmmm....the woman who asked me had a clipboard with a sheet of paper that had CNN's logo on it. I didn't bother to study it for too long...there were a bunch of other logos too.<br><br>
Posted by: Pete

Re: Rant: Boycott The Exit Poll - 11/02/04 12:58 PM

If it had a bunch of other logos as well, that could have been because those news services were going to be using the data from that poll..<br><br>[color:red]C'mon...you know me.</font color=red>
Posted by: AfterTenSoftware

Re: Rant: Boycott The Exit Poll - 11/02/04 01:31 PM

Your friendly exit polling firm - National Election Pool<br><br>ABC, AP, CBS, CNN, FOX, NBC<br><br>No sig right now, waiting for the next Kerry flip-flop. .