Paving the Sunni Triangle: Time to clean house

Posted by: Bryan

Paving the Sunni Triangle: Time to clean house - 10/31/04 06:26 PM

The problem in Iraq is that we've been too nice. Time for a little shock and awe......<br><br>Iraqi PM losing patience over Fallujah<br><br>
Posted by: nutty

Re: Paving the Sunni Triangle: Time to clean house - 10/31/04 06:47 PM

so we can add to more iraqi civilian deaths? reports are now around 100,000 iraqis have died since the invasion, were closing in on 1/3 the number of kurds saddam gassed. <br><br>the problem was the Bush administration thought this would be easy.<br><br>I would rather die free than live in fear, and without liberty.
Posted by: sean

Re: Paving the Sunni Triangle: Time to clean house - 10/31/04 07:26 PM

that's awesome. allawi is now our commander in chief. this is pathetic.<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>U.S. commanders say Allawi will give the final order to launch the assault<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>--<br>one of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
Posted by: SlapLeather

Re: Paving the Sunni Triangle: Time to clean house - 10/31/04 07:32 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>that's awesome. allawi is now our commander in chief. this is pathetic.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Sovereignty is pathetic?<br><br><br><br>got to let your eyes adjust
Posted by: polymerase

Re: Paving the Sunni Triangle: Time to clean house - 10/31/04 07:53 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p> Sovereignty is pathetic?<br> <p><hr></blockquote><p> When we invade a sovereign nation? What sovereignty are we being pathetic about now?<br><br><br><br><br><br>red sox otter pops for sale

Re: Paving the Sunni Triangle: Time to clean house - 10/31/04 08:03 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>the problem was the Bush administration thought this would be easy.<p><hr></blockquote><p>On 20 September 2001, President Bush told the nation: <br><br>"Our war on terror begins with al Qaeda, but it does not end there.  It will not end until every terrorist group of global reach has been found, stopped and defeated... We will starve terrorists of funding, turn them one against another, drive them from place to place, until there is no refuge or no rest.  And we will pursue nations that provide aid or safe haven to terrorism.  Every nation, in every region, now has a decision to make. Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists.  From this day forward, any nation that continues to harbor or support terrorism will be regarded by the United States as a hostile regime." <br><br><br><br><br>got to let your eyes adjust

Re: Paving the Sunni Triangle: Time to clean house - 10/31/04 08:09 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>When we invade a sovereign nation? What sovereignty are we being pathetic about now?<p><hr></blockquote><p>Saddam Hussein was aiding and giving safe haven to terrorist. <br><br><br><br><br>got to let your eyes adjust

Re: Paving the Sunni Triangle: Time to clean house - 10/31/04 08:20 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p> Saddam Hussein was aiding and giving safe haven to terrorist. <br> <p><hr></blockquote><p> Is that why we invaded a sovereign nation? There was no connection between Saddam and the 9/11 terrorists. Are we going to attack every sovereign nation that harbor terrorists? If so we need to start attacking one hell of a lot of countries. Quite a few of those we call friends right now. Do we have enough National Guard Reserves to attack a few more countries?<br>Or should we do as Bryan suggests and just make parking lots of them all. Let's make the entire world a breeding ground for terrorists. Because that is all you get out of parking lots.<br><br>But for you to call the puppets we have installed as "sovereign" is the pathetic part.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>red sox otter pops for sale

Re: Paving the Sunni Triangle: Time to clean house - 10/31/04 08:32 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>But for you to call the puppets we have installed as "sovereign" is the pathetic part.<p><hr></blockquote><p>For you to call our allies puppets is pathetic.<br><br>We will apply pressure to every sovereign nation that aids or harbors terrorist. <br><br><br><br><br>got to let your eyes adjust

Re: Paving the Sunni Triangle: Time to clean house - 10/31/04 08:42 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>We will apply pressure to every sovereign nation that aids or harbors terrorist. <p><hr></blockquote><p> "Apply pressure" to sovereign nations? Like invade them. Correct? You are reneging on your first comment on sovereignty. You are respecting sovereignty out of convenience. You cannot get uppity if one questions the sovereignty we currently have propped up in Iraq.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>red sox otter pops for sale

Re: Paving the Sunni Triangle: Time to clean house - 10/31/04 09:01 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>"Apply pressure" to sovereign nations? Like invade them. Correct?<p><hr></blockquote><p>We will apply pressure (a compelling or constraining influence) to every sovereign nation that aids or harbors terrorist. Get it?<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>You are reneging on your first comment on sovereignty. You are respecting sovereignty out of convenience.<p><hr></blockquote><p>If said sovereign nation poses a terrorist threat, we will reserve the right to unilaterally determine the proper course of action.<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>You cannot get uppity if one questions the sovereignty we currently have propped up in Iraq.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Our propping (support and assistance) of the sovereignty of Iraq is the proper course of action.<br><br><br><br> <br><br>got to let your eyes adjust
Posted by: AfterTenSoftware

Re: Paving the Sunni Triangle: Time to clean house - 10/31/04 09:40 PM

The hidden story is we are WINNING that war.<br>The latest OBL tape is a 100% call for the American people to vote for John Kerry. It was in many ways a surrender message and a feeble attempt to threaten us.<br>The election of John Kerry would be a disaster for Iraqis, the war on TERROR (not OBL or only those who participated in 9/11 or were directly involved in 9/11) and the world. I'm more convinced of that today than I have ever been.<br><br>No sig right now, waiting for the next Kerry flip-flop. .
Posted by: newkojak

Re: Paving the Sunni Triangle: Time to clean house - 10/31/04 10:13 PM

Ethical questions aside, I have no idea how that would "win" any of the United States' goals in Iraq, or in the greater Muslim world.<br><br>-- Charlie Alpha Roger Yankee Whiskey<br>
Posted by: alAnonymous

Re: Paving the Sunni Triangle: Time to clean house - 10/31/04 10:29 PM

RE: Kerry = disaster for Iraqis, etc.<br>Your comment about Kerry = disaster for Iraq is pure speculation. You (and the rest of us) have no way of knowing what his Presidency would bring.<br><br>The Bin Laden tape clearly says that neither Kerry (mentioned first in the tape BTW) nor Bush would prevent the wrath of Al Qaeda. Both have professed to destroy the organization, so they would BOTH make the US targets. He does NOT endorse Kerry. Bin Laden is more likely endorsing the lesser known candidates who advocate yanking US "imperialistic" forces from other countries.<br><br>Bush does not equal winning the war on terror. "Changing course" will inevitably happen because Bush cannot be re-elected in four years. The war on terror won't be wrapped up by then. There is no McOutcome to it. Re-electing the current mismanagement team is lazy. It's best to start thinking critically now.<br><br>The real problem is our own compromise of sovereignty via Israel. It doesn't matter who gets elected, they'll eventually bow to Israel's interests and THAT will make us a target.<br><br>When Bush first came to office, he had a shockingly refreshing disinterest in Israel. But within the first 8 months you can see him (via evolution in the press) getting brought up to speed and getting whipped into shape by an establishment greater than his "swaggering cowboy" attitude. <br><br>If an ignorant, cantankerous S.O.B. can't tell Israel to mind it's own business and "sink or swim"... nobody can.

Re: Paving the Sunni Triangle: Time to clean house - 11/01/04 06:22 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Your comment about Kerry = disaster for Iraq is pure speculation. You (and the rest of us) have no way of knowing what his Presidency would bring.<p><hr></blockquote><p>That is a rediculous argument. The next minute of my life is pure speculation. EVERYTHING is pure speculation.<br>If that is your view then I can only conclude you are voting using a coin flip. I mean to say, "I'm voting for Kerry because he'll create jobs or get more people health care coverage", is just pure speculation.<br><br>No sig right now, waiting for the next Kerry flip-flop. .

Re: Paving the Sunni Triangle: Time to clean house - 11/01/04 06:25 AM

Also, the OBL tape issues a specific threat to each state. He basically says that if your state goes for Kerry your state will be safe. If your state goes for Bush then your state may be attacked. At least that is the consensus using a better translation of his words than AlJazzera did.<br><br>No sig right now, waiting for the next Kerry flip-flop. .

Re: Paving the Sunni Triangle: Time to clean house - 11/01/04 06:36 AM

i am voting for kerry because i am convinced he will fight a more effective war on terror and will do a better job of managing the separate war in iraq. iraq is a lost cause, but american lives do not have to be a lost cause and i believe kerry will get us out of iraq more quickly. <a href="http://edition.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/asiapcf/11/01/iraq.china/index.html">a high ranking chinese official today said</a> that dubya has ruined the coalition he had in the war on terror. this is not a war that individual countries can win, so i believe that only kerry can reestablish the efforts of the world working together to minimize terror and make it something that is once again a nuisance. without these coalitions, we are much more at risk. dubya is only making our lives more at risk.<br><br><br>--<br>one of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato

Re: Paving the Sunni Triangle: Time to clean house - 11/01/04 07:07 AM

Well, Iraq is certainly not all wine and roses. It's a many parts are dangerous. But deeming it a lost cause shows no real grip on reality just a buying into the main stream news reports.<br>This comes from one of my daily reading of certain blogs. This is from PowerLine (decidely a red state blog):<br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Piercing the Blackout on Good News<br><br>During the last two weeks of the Presidential campaign, we expected a virtual blackout on good news of all kinds, as the mainstream media try to drag John Kerry across the finish line. And we haven't been surprised, as the press has been hysterical over one bogus story after another.<br><br>So let's take a moment to shine a little light into the darkness. Haider Ajina sends us the results of a poll taken in Baghdad, Mosul and Dehok and published in Iraq on October 25. The poll probably over-sampled Sunnis, which makes its results even more striking. Haider writes:<br><br> 63% of Iraqis say that the withdrawal of American and allied forces will not be in the best interest of Iraq, it will undermine the work towards security and control of the country. 27% say that it would be in the best interest of Iraq. 9% had no opinion.<br><br> 58% say that terrorists do the kidnappings and assassination of police and soldiers. 9% say that patriots fighting for Iraq carry them out. 32% say ignorant Iraqis who have been brain washed & misled carry them out.<br><br> 89% said that the terrorism, kidnapping, beheadings and assassination of police and security forces do not help the freeing of Iraq and the building of a stable country. 6% said that it would help free Iraq and build stability. 4% had no opinion.<br><br>Michael Moore, the intellectual leader of the Democratic Party, may believe that the terrorists are patriots and freedom fighters, but the Iraqi people clearly do not agree.<br><br>Haider also tells us that positive developments in Egypt, the most populous Arab country, are not being reported in America. The liberation of Iraq has had a profound effect on Egyptians, who are starting to campaign for freedom and democracy. By way of example, Haider sends us this translation of pat of a front-page article in the Egyptian newspaper, “Al Wafed," on October 27, titled: "The people of Egypt are screaming at the top of their lungs for a free government":<br><br> Soon after, the Egyptian government announced a realignment of the cabinet. The dream of a democratic Egypt returned to the masses. The cabinet of Dr. Adif Aubeid has introduced nothing new. The people lost hope in any progressive improvements in government. Nothing was left except to pray to god to rid them of this government. The people have suffered higher taxes, unemployment, and inflation. People are feeling like sheep, not citizens. Egyptians have rights, which need to be respected, have needs that need to be considered and have expectation of a more representative government.<br><br> "We have had enough of the old faces; we want a government: young, strong, and free, which represents the hopes of the people of Egypt, before the people explode in a volcano of anger."<br><br>There are many positive developments in Iraq, the Middle East and throughout the Arab world. Maybe we'll start hearing about them after the election.<p><hr></blockquote><p>I look for more recent contradictory information but am unable to find any.<br><br><br>No sig right now, waiting for the next Kerry flip-flop. .
Posted by: Trog

Re: Paving the Sunni Triangle: Time to clean house - 11/01/04 07:11 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Michael Moore, the intellectual leader of the Democratic Party, may believe that the terrorists are patriots and freedom fighters, but the Iraqi people clearly do not agree.<br><p><hr></blockquote><p>LOL! Snuck that right into the middle, did they? <br><br>

Re: Paving the Sunni Triangle: Time to clean house - 11/01/04 07:17 AM

Yeah. On a little aside I heard a news report this weekend (don't remember the network or the show) where they said that F9/11 actually created more Bush voters somehow.<br><br>I'm trying to track it down. Ahhh, the sweet irony it would be if true.<br><br>No sig right now, waiting for the next Kerry flip-flop. .
Posted by: garyW

Re: Paving the Sunni Triangle: Time to clean house - 11/01/04 07:48 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Also, the OBL tape issues a specific threat to each state. He basically says that if your state goes for Kerry your state will be safe. If your state goes for Bush then your state may be attacked. At least that is the consensus using a better translation of his words than AlJazzera did.<p><hr></blockquote><p>It's from the NY Post. They are lying about the quote. They had some Middle East group say the tape said "Your security is up to you, and any state that does not toy with our security automatically guarantees its own security." No mention of Bush or Kerry there, they are totally reaching.<br><br>

Re: Paving the Sunni Triangle: Time to clean house - 11/01/04 07:57 AM

Actually it's from the The Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI)<br><br>Seems pretty accurate to me. I don't see how this is a LIE. Again, a lie is stating something is true you know if false or false when true. <br>Where is you PROOF that the NYP KNOWS this translation is inaccurate yet publish that it is accurate.<br><br>Look these terrorist groups are obviously following us closely. They know a Kerry victory is a US vote against the war. This will embolden them and the level of violence will skyrocket.<br><br><br>No sig right now, waiting for the next Kerry flip-flop. .

Re: Paving the Sunni Triangle: Time to clean house - 11/01/04 08:07 AM

forgive me for not trusting a poll that's presented like this: "Haider Ajina sends us the results of a poll taken in Baghdad, Mosul and Dehok and published in Iraq on October 25." and, i don't think iraq is a lost cause per se; i think it's going to end up being much closer to iran than anything we want. in that sense, we'll lose even if we stay the course. <br><br>how do you explain the fact that so many retired 4 star generals and other military leaders support kerry? i've never seen the coordinated effort by retirees that we see this year. does the thought cross you mind that perhaps these fellows believe kerry will be stronger military leader? <br><br><br><br>--<br>one of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato

Re: Paving the Sunni Triangle: Time to clean house - 11/01/04 08:17 AM

I believe that's exactly where the quote came from ...where is the Kerry reference in "any state that does not toy with our security" ? <br><br>

Re: Paving the Sunni Triangle: Time to clean house - 11/01/04 08:47 AM

And I don't find it surprising you'd reject a poll that goes against your pre-conceptions about how Iraq is progressing.<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>how do you explain the fact that so many retired 4 star generals and other military leaders support kerry?<p><hr></blockquote><p>I simply respond with this list of 307 Generals and Admirals and the over 70% of active military personel that will be voting for Bush tomorrow:<br>James E Dalton General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Palos Verdes Penninsula, CA<br><br>John K Davis General, USMC (Ret.)<br>San Clemente, CA<br><br>John R Deane General, USA (Ret.)<br>Gouldsboro, ME<br><br>Russell E Dougherty General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Arlington, VA<br><br>Leon A Edney Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Coronado, CA<br><br>Tommy Franks General, USA (Ret.)<br>Tampa, FL<br><br>Ronald R Fogleman General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Durango, CO<br><br>Sylvester R Foley Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Falmouth, MA<br><br>Ronald J Hays Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Honolulu, HI<br><br>Thomas B Hayward Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Seattle, WA<br><br>P.X Kelley General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Washington, DC<br><br>Robert J Kelly Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Columbia, MD<br><br>Robert C Kingston General, USA (Ret.)<br>Alexandria, VA<br><br>George ER Kinnear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>York Harbor, ME<br><br>Frederick J Kroesen General, USA (Ret.)<br>Alexandria, VA<br><br>James A Lyons Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Alexandria, VA<br><br>John W Pauly General, USAF (Ret.)<br>McLean, VA<br><br>Leighton W Smith Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Pinehurst, NC<br><br>Carl W Stiner General, USA (Ret.)<br>Lafollette, TN<br><br>Steven A White Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Charlottesville, VA<br><br>Teddy G Allen Lieutenant General, USA (Ret.)<br>Burke, VA<br><br>Albert J Baciocco Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Mount Pleasant, SC<br><br>Charles W Bagnal Lieutenant General, USA (Ret.)<br>Columbia, SC<br><br>Harold W Blot Lieutenant General, USMC (Ret.)<br>New Bern, NC<br><br>James F Calvert Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>St. Michaels, MD<br><br>Kent J Carroll Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Pinehurst, NC<br><br>Albert P Clark Lieutenant General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Colorado Springs, CO<br><br>Edward W Clexton Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Virginia Beach, VA<br><br>John B Conaway Lieutenant General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Bethany Beach, DE<br><br>Charles G Cooper Lieutenant General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Falls Church, VA<br><br>George W Davis Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Columbia, SC<br><br>William A Dougherty Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Arlington, VA<br><br>Leo J Dulacki Lieutenant General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Sun City, AZ<br><br>William H Ginn Lieutenant General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Alexandria, VA<br><br>Charles H Griffiths Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Ocean City, MD<br><br>Robert E Hails Lieutenant General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Macon, GA<br><br>Patrick J Hannifin Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Solana Beach, CA<br><br>Peter M Hekman Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>San Diego, CA<br><br>M. Staser Holcomb Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Edmonds, WA<br><br>William D Houser Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Arlington, VA<br><br>John I Hudson Lieutenant General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Yuma, AZ<br><br>James H Johnson Jr. Lieutenant General, USA (Ret.)<br>University Park, FL<br><br>Robert B Johnston Lieutenant General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Tucson, AZ<br><br>Robert P Keller Lieutenant General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Penscaola, FL<br><br>Harold M Koenig Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>San Diego, CA<br><br>Howard W Leaf Lieutenant General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Brandywine, MD<br><br>James M Lee Lieutenant General, USA (Ret.)<br>Wilmington, NC<br><br>Paul F McCarthy Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Coronado, CA<br><br>Frederick McCorkle Lieutenant General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Gray, TN<br><br>John H Miller Lieutenant General, USMC (Ret.)<br>College Station, TX<br><br>Gerald E Miller Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Oakton, VA<br><br>Joseph S Mobley Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Anacortes, WA<br><br>Joseph P Moorer Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Ponte Vedra, FL<br><br>Carol A Mutter Lieutenant General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Brownsburg, IN<br><br>John H Nicholson Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>La Jolla, CA<br><br>John Norton Lieutenant General, USA (Ret.)<br>Bayse, VA<br><br>Dave R Palmer Lieutenant General, USA (Ret.)<br>Belton, TX<br><br>John T Parker Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Annapolis, MD<br><br>Raymond E Peet Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>La Jolla, CA<br><br>Charles H Pitman Lieutenant General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Fort Worth, TX<br><br>Douglas C Plate Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Johns Island, SC<br><br>William E Ramsey Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Pensacola, FL<br><br>Clifford H Rees Lieutenant General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Oakton, VA<br><br>Craven C Rogers Lieutenant General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Tampa, FL<br><br>Donald E Rosenblum Lieutenant General, USA (Ret.)<br>Savanah, GA<br><br>William H Rowden Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Lancaster, VA<br><br>James A Sagerholm Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Timonium , MD<br><br>Robert H Scarborough Vice Admiral, USCG (Ret.)<br>Arlington, VA<br><br>Robert E Schoultz Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Peoria, AZ<br><br>James E Service Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Ketchum, ID<br><br>Edward M Straw Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>New York, NY<br><br>Gordon Sumner Lieutenant General, USA (Ret.)<br>Santa Fe, NM<br><br>David J Teal Lieutenant General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Gainesville, VA<br><br>Dale W Thompson Lieutenant General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Boerne, TX<br><br>Donald C Thompson Vice Admiral, USCG (Ret.)<br>Wilmington, NC<br><br>Howard B Thorsen Vice Admiral, USCG (Ret.)<br>Alexandria, VA<br><br>Nils R Thunman Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Springfield, IL<br><br>William E Thurman Lieutenant General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Pinehurst, NC<br><br>Jerry O Tuttle Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>McLean, VA<br><br>John W Adams Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Burke, VA<br><br>James R Ahern Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>McLean, VA<br><br>Donald S Albright Jr. Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Fallbrook, CA<br><br>Frank J Allston Rear Admiral, USNR (Ret.)<br>Naperville, IL<br><br>Philip S Anselmo Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Crownsville, MD<br><br>Nora A Astafan Major General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Carmichael, CA<br><br>Stephen H Baker Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Alexandria, VA<br><br>David B Barker Major General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Hubert, NC<br><br>Gregory P Barlow Major General, USA (Ret.)<br>Grays Harbor, WA<br><br>John M Barrett Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>White Salmon, WA<br><br>Robert W Barrow Major General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Sacramento, CA<br><br>John L Barry Major General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Springfield, VA<br><br>Thomas E Bass III Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Ruckersville, VA<br><br>Timothy Robert Beard Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Rancho Santa Fe, CA<br><br>Peter H Beckwith Rear Admiral, USNR (Ret.)<br>Springfield, IL<br><br>Robert H Blount Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Norfolk, VA<br><br>Richard T Boverie Major General, USAF (Ret.)<br>West Palm Beach, FL<br><br>Patrick H Brady Major General, USA (Ret.)<br>Sumner, WA<br><br>Alan D Breed Rear Admiral, USCG (Ret.)<br>McLean, VA<br><br>Thomas F Brown Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>San Francisco, CA<br><br>Frances S Buckley Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>San Diego, CA<br><br>Lyle F Bull Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Oak Harbor, WA<br><br>Bobby G Butcher Major General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Coronado, CA<br><br>Joseph F Callo Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>New York, NY<br><br>Arlington F Campbell Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Springfield, VA<br><br>Peter G Chabot Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Solomons, MD<br><br>Wess P Chambers Major General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Sonoita, AZ<br><br>Casey W Coane Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Marietta, GA<br><br>Frank C Collins Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Alexandria, VA<br><br>Boyd M Cook Major General, Army NG (Ret.)<br>Boonsboro, MD<br><br>Richard M Cooke Major General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Vista, CA<br><br>Frank W Corley Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Alexandria, VA<br><br>Michael T Coyle Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Boise, ID<br><br>John T Crowe Major General, USAR (Ret.)<br>Visalia, CA<br><br>Joseph J Dantone Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Virginia Beach, VA<br><br>John R D'Araujo Jr. Major General, USA (Ret.)<br>Loudon, TN<br><br>James P Davidson Rear Admiral, USNR (Ret.)<br>Annandale, VA<br><br>William S. DeCamp Major General, USA (Ret.)<br>Fairfax, VA<br><br>Gene A Deegan Major General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Tampa, FL<br><br>Jeremiah Denton Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Theodore, AL<br><br>Neil L Eddins Major General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Las Vegas, NV<br><br>George D Eggert Major General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Largo, FL<br><br>Ernest A Elliot Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Villa Hills, KY<br><br>Billy J Ellis Major General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Sumter, SC<br><br>James N. Ellis Major General, USA (Ret.)<br>Oakland, CA<br><br>Thomas R.M. Emery Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Charlottesville, VA<br><br>Paul H Engel Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Compton, MD<br><br>Walter R Ernst Major General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Camp Hill, PA<br><br>Merrill B Evans Major General, USA (Ret.)<br>Waukee, IA<br><br>Thomas W Evans Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Arlington, VA<br><br>Edward L Feightner Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Washington, DC<br><br>Kenneth L Fisher Rear Admiral, USNR (Ret.)<br>Lake Kiowa, TX<br><br>Gerard J Flannery Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Alexandria, VA<br><br>James H Flatley Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Mt. Pleasant, SC<br><br>John L France Major General, USAF/ANG (Ret.)<br>Aurora, CO<br><br>Joseph P Franklin Major General, USA (Ret.)<br>Arlington, VA<br><br>J. Cameron Fraser Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Vienna, VA<br><br>James E Freeze Major General, USA (Ret.)<br>Annandale, VA<br><br>Donald J Fulham Major General, USMC (Ret.)<br>San Diego, CA<br><br>S Frank Gallo Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Fairfax Station, VA<br><br>Albert A Gallotta Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Fairfax Station, VA<br><br>James H Garner Major General, USA (Ret.)<br>Boloxi, MS<br><br>Richard T Gaskill Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Pensacola, FL<br><br>Alan Mark Gemmill Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Virginia Beach, VA<br><br>Paul T Gillcrist Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>La Jolla, CA<br><br>Andrew A Giordano Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Palm Beach Gardens, FL<br><br>Harold G Glasgow Major General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Brentwood, TN<br><br>Richard N Goddard Major General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Warner Robbins, GA<br><br>George A Godding Major General, USA (Ret.)<br>Arlington, VA<br><br>Fred S Golove Rear Admiral, USCGR (Ret.)<br>Stamford, CT<br><br>James W Gray Jr. Rear Admiral, USNR (Ret.)<br>Winterhaven, FL<br><br>James V. Grealish Rear Admiral, USNR (Ret.)<br>Daly City, CA<br><br>William A Gureck Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Pensacola, FL<br><br>Wallace N Guthrie Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Longwood, FL<br><br>Frank S Haak Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Alexandria, VA<br><br>Donald P Hall Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Burgaw, NC<br><br>Francis X Hamilton Major General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Melbourne, FL<br><br>Jack L Hancock Major General, USA (Ret.)<br>Walnut Creek, CA<br><br>Whitney Hansen Rear Admiral, USNR (Ret.)<br>LaConner, WA<br><br>John A Hemphill Major General, USA (Ret.)<br>Steilacoom, WA<br><br>Allen E Hill Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Riverside, CA<br><br>Grant T Hollett Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Joplin, MO<br><br>Bobby F Hollingsworth Rear Admiral, USCG (Ret.)<br>Lansdowne, VA<br><br>Evan L Hultman Major General, USA (Ret.)<br>Waterloo, IA<br><br>Grady L Jackson Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Citapin, SC<br><br>Robert L Johanson Rear Admiral, USCG (Ret.)<br>Severna Park, MD<br><br>Paul T Kayye Rear Admiral, USNR (Ret.)<br>Angier, NC<br><br>Albert L Kelln Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Kilmarnock, VA<br><br>J. Weldon Koenig Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>La Grange, TX<br><br>Frank C Lang Major General, USMC (Ret.)<br>San Diego, CA<br><br>Joseph M Lank Major General, USA (Ret.)<br>Lewes, DE<br><br>Doyle E Larson Major General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Eagan, MN<br><br>Paul A Lautermilch Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Clarksville, VA<br><br>Frederick L Lewis Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Annandale, VA<br><br>Thomas G Lilly Rear Admiral, USNR (Ret.)<br>Jackson, MS<br><br>James Livingston Major General, USMC (Ret.)<br>New Orleans, LA<br><br>Orlando Llenza Major General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Miami, FL<br><br>Walter M Locke Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>McLean, VA<br><br>Noah H Long Rear Admiral, USNR (Ret.)<br>Signal Mtn., TN<br><br>Joseph L Loughran Rear Admiral, USNR (Ret.)<br>Lafayette Hill, PA<br><br>Jarvis D Lynch Major General, USMC (Ret.)<br>University Park, FL<br><br>Thomas C Lynch Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Radnor, PA<br><br>William Lyon Major General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Newport Beach, CA<br><br>Thomas L Malone Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Sarasota, FL<br><br>Robert C Mandeville Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Annandale, VA<br><br>Clark W Martin Major General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Yardley, PA<br><br>James I Maslowski Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Tucson, AZ<br><br>Robert B McClinton Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Sequim, WA<br><br>John H McKinley Rear Admiral, USNR (Ret.)<br>Kingsport, TN<br><br>Thomas A Meinicke Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Virginia Beach, VA<br><br>Fredrick J Metz Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Virginia Beach, VA<br><br>Jeffrey C Metzel Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Huntington Beach, CA<br><br>Kenneth P Miles Major General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Palm Desert, CA<br><br>John B Mooney Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Austin, TX<br><br>John A Moriarty Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Orange Park, FL<br><br>Thomas E Morris Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Palm Beach, FL<br><br>James H Mukoyama Major General, USAR (Ret.)<br>Glenview, IL<br><br>Lowell Richard Myers Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Shaver Lake, CA<br><br>Stanley F.H. Newman Major General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Oklahoma City, OK<br><br>Phillip R Olson Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Virginia Beach, VA<br><br>Oakley E Osborn Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Dade City, FL<br><br>Robert S Owens Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Fairfax , VA<br><br>Theodore W Paulson Major General, USA (Ret.)<br>Rancho Palos Verdes, CA<br><br>Jeremiah W Pearson Major General, USMC (Ret.)<br>San Juan Capistrano, CA<br><br>Richard L Phillips Major General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Alexandria, VA<br><br>Stuart F Platt Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Kennewick, WA<br><br>Arthur J Poillon Major General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Pensacola, FL<br><br>Ronald M Polant Rear Admiral, USCG (Ret.)<br>North Bethesda , MD<br><br>Don G Primeau Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Springfield, VA<br><br>Frank E Raab Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Beverly Hills, CA<br><br>Robert T Reimann Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Great Falls, VA<br><br>Claude W Reinke Major General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Fall Brook, CA<br><br>Alan K Riffey Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Grass Valley, CA<br><br>Stewart A Ring Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Waialua, HI<br><br>William A Roosma Major General, USA (Ret.)<br>Fairfax Station., VA<br><br>Conrad J Rorie Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Fulton, MD<br><br>Peter J Rots Rear Admiral, USCG (Ret.)<br>Venice, FL<br><br>Michael P Ryan Major General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Northridge, CA<br><br>Thomas D Ryan Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>McLean, VA<br><br>Ray R Sareeram Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Westborough, MA<br><br>Frank J Schober Major General, Army NG (Ret.)<br>Santa Fe, NM<br><br>Luther F. Schriefer Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Falls Church, VA<br><br>Darral A Schroeder Major General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Fargo, ND<br><br>Hugh P Scott Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Annandale, VA<br><br>Jud Scott Rear Admiral, USNR (Ret.)<br>Danville, CA<br><br>Kenneth P Sears Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Lansdowne, VA<br><br>Doniphan B Shelton Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Del Mar, CA<br><br>Joel D Sipes Rear Admiral, USCG (Ret.)<br>Houston, TX<br><br>David O Smart Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Prairie Village, KS<br><br>Robert Smith III Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Houston, TX<br><br>Frank H Smoker Major General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Lebanon, PA<br><br>John W Snyder Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>McLean, VA<br><br>Paul O Soderberg Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Savannah, GA<br><br>Stanhope S Spears Major General, USA (Ret.)<br>Colombia, SC<br><br>Robert H Spiro Rear Admiral, USNR (Ret.)<br>Vienna, VA<br><br>Ted C. Steele Jr. Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Alpine, CA<br><br>John T Stihl Major General, USAF (Ret.)<br>San Diego, CA<br><br>Ansel M Stroud Major General, Army NG (Ret.)<br>Shreveport, LA<br><br>John A Studds Major General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Melbourne, FL<br><br>Michael P Sullivan Major General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Havelock, NC<br><br>Larry S Taylor Major General, USMCR (Ret.)<br>Atlanta, GA<br><br>Thomas Tyler Thompson Major General, USA (Ret.)<br>Hampton, VA<br><br>William Thompson Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>McLean, VA<br><br>Ernest E Tissot Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Corral de Tierra, CA<br><br>Paul D Tomb Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Arlington, VA<br><br>Virgil J Toney Major General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Fair Oaks, CA<br><br>Edward L Trobaugh Major General, USA (Ret.)<br>Steilacoom, WA<br><br>H Kirk Unruh Rear Admiral, USNR (Ret.)<br>Princeton, NJ<br><br>Glen W Van Dyke Major General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Tucson, AZ<br><br>Lloyd R Vasey Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Honolulu, HI<br><br>George D Vaughan Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Seattle, WA<br><br>Norman C Venzke Rear Admiral, USCG (Ret.)<br>Virginia Beach, VA<br><br>John M Vest Major General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Naperville, IL<br><br>Russell L Violett Major General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Tucson, AZ<br><br>Edward K Walker Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Alexandria, VA<br><br>Lemuel O Warfield Rear Admiral, USNR (Ret.)<br>Annapolis, MD<br><br>Gary C Wattnem Major General, USA (Ret.)<br>Mason City, IA<br><br>Harvey D Weatherson Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Sunapee, NH<br><br>John C Weaver Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Manhattan Beach, CA<br><br>William Webb Major General, USA (Ret.)<br>Vienna, VA<br><br>Kenneth W Weir Major General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Santa Ana, CA<br><br>Donald A Weiss Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Alexandria, VA<br><br>James B Whittaker Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Arlington, VA<br><br>Charles L Wilson Major General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Austin, TX<br><br>Richard A Wilson Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Del Mar, CA<br><br>George Worthington Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>San Diego, CA<br><br>Earl Preston Yates Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Virginia Beach, VA<br><br>Dwayne A Alons Brigadier General, USANG (Ret.)<br>Hull, IA<br><br>Dale F Andres Brigadier General, USA (Ret.)<br>Clear Lake, IA<br><br>John C Arick Brigadier General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Rehoboth Beach, DE<br><br>John C Bahnsen Brigadier General, USA (Ret.)<br>New Cumberland, WV<br><br>George L Bartlett Brigadier General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Potomac, MD<br><br>James D Beans Brigadier General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Alexandria, VA<br><br>Reid K Beveridge Brigadier General, USA (Ret.)<br>Broadkill Beach, DE<br><br>William C Bilo Brigadier General, USA (Ret.)<br>Timonium, MD<br><br>William A Bloomer Brigadier General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Wichita, KS<br><br>Richard B Bundy Brigadier General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Dover, DE<br><br>Carl T Butterworth Brigadier General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Crumpton, MD<br><br>Robert J Chadwick Brigadier General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Monterey, CA<br><br>Roy E Cooper Brigadier General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Cheyenne, WY<br><br>Jimmy G Dishner Brigadier General, USAF (Ret.)<br>South Orleans, MA<br><br>Duane H Erickson Brigadier General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Reston, VA<br><br>E J Giering III Brigadier General, USANG (Ret.)<br>Natchitoches, LA<br><br>Oscar A Hurt Brigadier General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Las Vegas, NV<br><br>Paul A Kauttu Brigadier General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Lakewood, WA<br><br>D Michael Kelleher Brigadier General, USA (Ret.)<br>Atlanta, GA<br><br>Hugh T Kerr Brigadier General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Otis, OR<br><br>John J Krasovich Brigadier General, USMCR (Ret.)<br>San Diego, CA<br><br>Peter W Lash Brigadier General, USA (Ret.)<br>Pinehurst, NC<br><br>Jerry L Laws Brigadier General, USA (Ret.)<br>Las Cruces, NM<br><br>Samuel K Lessey Brigadier General, USAFR (Ret.)<br>Hancock, NH<br><br>Joseph I Mensching Brigadier General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Tucson, AZ<br><br>Thomas R Mikolajcik Brigadier General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Mount Pleasant, SC<br><br>Michael Neil Brigadier General, USMC (Ret.)<br>San Diego, CA<br><br>Thomas P O'Brien Jr. Brigadier General, USA (Ret.)<br>Cincinnati, OH<br><br>Ralph E Parker Brigadier General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Albuquerque, NM<br><br>George W. (Buddy) Petty Jr. Brigadier General, USAR (Ret.)<br>Mayfield, KY<br><br>John T Quinn Brigadier General, USA (Ret.)<br>Ponte Vedra Beach, FL<br><br>James Robert Roberts Brigadier General, USAF/ANG (Ret.)<br>Murfreesboro, TN<br><br>William C Roll Brigadier General, USA (Ret.)<br>Coppell, TX<br><br>Kenneth Ross Brigadier General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Hammond, LA<br><br>Dennis Schulstad Brigadier General, USAFR (Ret.)<br>Edina, MN<br><br>William R Spruance Brigadier General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Las Vegas, NV<br><br>W. H.J. Tiernan Brigadier General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Vista, CA<br><br>Guy M Townsend Brigadier General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Mercer Island, WA<br><br>Guy M VanderLinden Brigadier General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Woodbridge, VA<br><br>William Weise Brigadier General,USMC (Ret.)<br>Alexandria, VA<br><br>Arvid E West Brigadier General, USA (Ret.)<br>Jefferson City, MO<br><br>No sig right now, waiting for the next Kerry flip-flop. .

Re: Paving the Sunni Triangle: Time to clean house - 11/01/04 08:56 AM

Well, obviously the word "Kerry" doesn't appear in that one sentence. But here in America we do something called "analysis". The "analysis" of his entire speech as well as focused analysis is that the "Any US State..." sentence is specifically talkiing about how states should vote and the consequences of that vote. The analytical opinion is thus that he is talking about states that don't vote for Bush can ensure their security.<br><br>Do you have an alternate analysis of WHY he would make such a statement?<br><br>No sig right now, waiting for the next Kerry flip-flop. .

Re: Paving the Sunni Triangle: Time to clean house - 11/01/04 08:59 AM

RE: OBL & If your "state" goes for Kerry...<br><br>Uhhh...no. You're joking right? <br><br>The tape specifically says that US Policy in the middle east, NOT the leader will dictate safety. When he says state, he doesn't mean US state. He means "state" in the context of a Nation.<br><br>You really don't think he was speaking to specific US states, right?<br><br>
Posted by:

Re: Paving the Sunni Triangle: Time to clean house - 11/01/04 09:02 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>James E Dalton General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Palos Verdes Penninsula, CA<br><br>John K Davis General, USMC (Ret.)<br>San Clemente, CA<br><br>John R Deane General, USA (Ret.)<br>Gouldsboro, ME<br><br>Russell E Dougherty General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Arlington, VA<br><br>Leon A Edney Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Coronado, CA<br><br>Tommy Franks General, USA (Ret.)<br>Tampa, FL<br><br>Ronald R Fogleman General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Durango, CO<br><br>Sylvester R Foley Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Falmouth, MA<br><br>Ronald J Hays Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Honolulu, HI<br><br>Thomas B Hayward Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Seattle, WA<br><br>P.X Kelley General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Washington, DC<br><br>Robert J Kelly Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Columbia, MD<br><br>Robert C Kingston General, USA (Ret.)<br>Alexandria, VA<br><br>George ER Kinnear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>York Harbor, ME<br><br>Frederick J Kroesen General, USA (Ret.)<br>Alexandria, VA<br><br>James A Lyons Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Alexandria, VA<br><br>John W Pauly General, USAF (Ret.)<br>McLean, VA<br><br>Leighton W Smith Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Pinehurst, NC<br><br>Carl W Stiner General, USA (Ret.)<br>Lafollette, TN<br><br>Steven A White Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Charlottesville, VA<br><br>Teddy G Allen Lieutenant General, USA (Ret.)<br>Burke, VA<br><br>Albert J Baciocco Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Mount Pleasant, SC<br><br>Charles W Bagnal Lieutenant General, USA (Ret.)<br>Columbia, SC<br><br>Harold W Blot Lieutenant General, USMC (Ret.)<br>New Bern, NC<br><br>James F Calvert Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>St. Michaels, MD<br><br>Kent J Carroll Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Pinehurst, NC<br><br>Albert P Clark Lieutenant General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Colorado Springs, CO<br><br>Edward W Clexton Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Virginia Beach, VA<br><br>John B Conaway Lieutenant General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Bethany Beach, DE<br><br>Charles G Cooper Lieutenant General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Falls Church, VA<br><br>George W Davis Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Columbia, SC<br><br>William A Dougherty Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Arlington, VA<br><br>Leo J Dulacki Lieutenant General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Sun City, AZ<br><br>William H Ginn Lieutenant General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Alexandria, VA<br><br>Charles H Griffiths Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Ocean City, MD<br><br>Robert E Hails Lieutenant General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Macon, GA<br><br>Patrick J Hannifin Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Solana Beach, CA<br><br>Peter M Hekman Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>San Diego, CA<br><br>M. Staser Holcomb Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Edmonds, WA<br><br>William D Houser Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Arlington, VA<br><br>John I Hudson Lieutenant General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Yuma, AZ<br><br>James H Johnson Jr. Lieutenant General, USA (Ret.)<br>University Park, FL<br><br>Robert B Johnston Lieutenant General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Tucson, AZ<br><br>Robert P Keller Lieutenant General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Penscaola, FL<br><br>Harold M Koenig Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>San Diego, CA<br><br>Howard W Leaf Lieutenant General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Brandywine, MD<br><br>James M Lee Lieutenant General, USA (Ret.)<br>Wilmington, NC<br><br>Paul F McCarthy Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Coronado, CA<br><br>Frederick McCorkle Lieutenant General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Gray, TN<br><br>John H Miller Lieutenant General, USMC (Ret.)<br>College Station, TX<br><br>Gerald E Miller Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Oakton, VA<br><br>Joseph S Mobley Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Anacortes, WA<br><br>Joseph P Moorer Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Ponte Vedra, FL<br><br>Carol A Mutter Lieutenant General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Brownsburg, IN<br><br>John H Nicholson Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>La Jolla, CA<br><br>John Norton Lieutenant General, USA (Ret.)<br>Bayse, VA<br><br>Dave R Palmer Lieutenant General, USA (Ret.)<br>Belton, TX<br><br>John T Parker Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Annapolis, MD<br><br>Raymond E Peet Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>La Jolla, CA<br><br>Charles H Pitman Lieutenant General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Fort Worth, TX<br><br>Douglas C Plate Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Johns Island, SC<br><br>William E Ramsey Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Pensacola, FL<br><br>Clifford H Rees Lieutenant General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Oakton, VA<br><br>Craven C Rogers Lieutenant General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Tampa, FL<br><br>Donald E Rosenblum Lieutenant General, USA (Ret.)<br>Savanah, GA<br><br>William H Rowden Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Lancaster, VA<br><br>James A Sagerholm Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Timonium , MD<br><br>Robert H Scarborough Vice Admiral, USCG (Ret.)<br>Arlington, VA<br><br>Robert E Schoultz Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Peoria, AZ<br><br>James E Service Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Ketchum, ID<br><br>Edward M Straw Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>New York, NY<br><br>Gordon Sumner Lieutenant General, USA (Ret.)<br>Santa Fe, NM<br><br>David J Teal Lieutenant General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Gainesville, VA<br><br>Dale W Thompson Lieutenant General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Boerne, TX<br><br>Donald C Thompson Vice Admiral, USCG (Ret.)<br>Wilmington, NC<br><br>Howard B Thorsen Vice Admiral, USCG (Ret.)<br>Alexandria, VA<br><br>Nils R Thunman Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Springfield, IL<br><br>William E Thurman Lieutenant General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Pinehurst, NC<br><br>Jerry O Tuttle Vice Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>McLean, VA<br><br>John W Adams Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Burke, VA<br><br>James R Ahern Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>McLean, VA<br><br>Donald S Albright Jr. Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Fallbrook, CA<br><br>Frank J Allston Rear Admiral, USNR (Ret.)<br>Naperville, IL<br><br>Philip S Anselmo Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Crownsville, MD<br><br>Nora A Astafan Major General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Carmichael, CA<br><br>Stephen H Baker Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Alexandria, VA<br><br>David B Barker Major General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Hubert, NC<br><br>Gregory P Barlow Major General, USA (Ret.)<br>Grays Harbor, WA<br><br>John M Barrett Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>White Salmon, WA<br><br>Robert W Barrow Major General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Sacramento, CA<br><br>John L Barry Major General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Springfield, VA<br><br>Thomas E Bass III Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Ruckersville, VA<br><br>Timothy Robert Beard Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Rancho Santa Fe, CA<br><br>Peter H Beckwith Rear Admiral, USNR (Ret.)<br>Springfield, IL<br><br>Robert H Blount Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Norfolk, VA<br><br>Richard T Boverie Major General, USAF (Ret.)<br>West Palm Beach, FL<br><br>Patrick H Brady Major General, USA (Ret.)<br>Sumner, WA<br><br>Alan D Breed Rear Admiral, USCG (Ret.)<br>McLean, VA<br><br>Thomas F Brown Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>San Francisco, CA<br><br>Frances S Buckley Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>San Diego, CA<br><br>Lyle F Bull Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Oak Harbor, WA<br><br>Bobby G Butcher Major General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Coronado, CA<br><br>Joseph F Callo Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>New York, NY<br><br>Arlington F Campbell Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Springfield, VA<br><br>Peter G Chabot Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Solomons, MD<br><br>Wess P Chambers Major General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Sonoita, AZ<br><br>Casey W Coane Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Marietta, GA<br><br>Frank C Collins Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Alexandria, VA<br><br>Boyd M Cook Major General, Army NG (Ret.)<br>Boonsboro, MD<br><br>Richard M Cooke Major General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Vista, CA<br><br>Frank W Corley Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Alexandria, VA<br><br>Michael T Coyle Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Boise, ID<br><br>John T Crowe Major General, USAR (Ret.)<br>Visalia, CA<br><br>Joseph J Dantone Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Virginia Beach, VA<br><br>John R D'Araujo Jr. Major General, USA (Ret.)<br>Loudon, TN<br><br>James P Davidson Rear Admiral, USNR (Ret.)<br>Annandale, VA<br><br>William S. DeCamp Major General, USA (Ret.)<br>Fairfax, VA<br><br>Gene A Deegan Major General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Tampa, FL<br><br>Jeremiah Denton Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Theodore, AL<br><br>Neil L Eddins Major General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Las Vegas, NV<br><br>George D Eggert Major General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Largo, FL<br><br>Ernest A Elliot Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Villa Hills, KY<br><br>Billy J Ellis Major General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Sumter, SC<br><br>James N. Ellis Major General, USA (Ret.)<br>Oakland, CA<br><br>Thomas R.M. Emery Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Charlottesville, VA<br><br>Paul H Engel Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Compton, MD<br><br>Walter R Ernst Major General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Camp Hill, PA<br><br>Merrill B Evans Major General, USA (Ret.)<br>Waukee, IA<br><br>Thomas W Evans Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Arlington, VA<br><br>Edward L Feightner Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Washington, DC<br><br>Kenneth L Fisher Rear Admiral, USNR (Ret.)<br>Lake Kiowa, TX<br><br>Gerard J Flannery Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Alexandria, VA<br><br>James H Flatley Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Mt. Pleasant, SC<br><br>John L France Major General, USAF/ANG (Ret.)<br>Aurora, CO<br><br>Joseph P Franklin Major General, USA (Ret.)<br>Arlington, VA<br><br>J. Cameron Fraser Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Vienna, VA<br><br>James E Freeze Major General, USA (Ret.)<br>Annandale, VA<br><br>Donald J Fulham Major General, USMC (Ret.)<br>San Diego, CA<br><br>S Frank Gallo Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Fairfax Station, VA<br><br>Albert A Gallotta Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Fairfax Station, VA<br><br>James H Garner Major General, USA (Ret.)<br>Boloxi, MS<br><br>Richard T Gaskill Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Pensacola, FL<br><br>Alan Mark Gemmill Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Virginia Beach, VA<br><br>Paul T Gillcrist Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>La Jolla, CA<br><br>Andrew A Giordano Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Palm Beach Gardens, FL<br><br>Harold G Glasgow Major General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Brentwood, TN<br><br>Richard N Goddard Major General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Warner Robbins, GA<br><br>George A Godding Major General, USA (Ret.)<br>Arlington, VA<br><br>Fred S Golove Rear Admiral, USCGR (Ret.)<br>Stamford, CT<br><br>James W Gray Jr. Rear Admiral, USNR (Ret.)<br>Winterhaven, FL<br><br>James V. Grealish Rear Admiral, USNR (Ret.)<br>Daly City, CA<br><br>William A Gureck Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Pensacola, FL<br><br>Wallace N Guthrie Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Longwood, FL<br><br>Frank S Haak Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Alexandria, VA<br><br>Donald P Hall Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Burgaw, NC<br><br>Francis X Hamilton Major General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Melbourne, FL<br><br>Jack L Hancock Major General, USA (Ret.)<br>Walnut Creek, CA<br><br>Whitney Hansen Rear Admiral, USNR (Ret.)<br>LaConner, WA<br><br>John A Hemphill Major General, USA (Ret.)<br>Steilacoom, WA<br><br>Allen E Hill Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Riverside, CA<br><br>Grant T Hollett Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Joplin, MO<br><br>Bobby F Hollingsworth Rear Admiral, USCG (Ret.)<br>Lansdowne, VA<br><br>Evan L Hultman Major General, USA (Ret.)<br>Waterloo, IA<br><br>Grady L Jackson Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Citapin, SC<br><br>Robert L Johanson Rear Admiral, USCG (Ret.)<br>Severna Park, MD<br><br>Paul T Kayye Rear Admiral, USNR (Ret.)<br>Angier, NC<br><br>Albert L Kelln Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Kilmarnock, VA<br><br>J. Weldon Koenig Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>La Grange, TX<br><br>Frank C Lang Major General, USMC (Ret.)<br>San Diego, CA<br><br>Joseph M Lank Major General, USA (Ret.)<br>Lewes, DE<br><br>Doyle E Larson Major General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Eagan, MN<br><br>Paul A Lautermilch Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Clarksville, VA<br><br>Frederick L Lewis Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Annandale, VA<br><br>Thomas G Lilly Rear Admiral, USNR (Ret.)<br>Jackson, MS<br><br>James Livingston Major General, USMC (Ret.)<br>New Orleans, LA<br><br>Orlando Llenza Major General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Miami, FL<br><br>Walter M Locke Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>McLean, VA<br><br>Noah H Long Rear Admiral, USNR (Ret.)<br>Signal Mtn., TN<br><br>Joseph L Loughran Rear Admiral, USNR (Ret.)<br>Lafayette Hill, PA<br><br>Jarvis D Lynch Major General, USMC (Ret.)<br>University Park, FL<br><br>Thomas C Lynch Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Radnor, PA<br><br>William Lyon Major General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Newport Beach, CA<br><br>Thomas L Malone Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Sarasota, FL<br><br>Robert C Mandeville Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Annandale, VA<br><br>Clark W Martin Major General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Yardley, PA<br><br>James I Maslowski Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Tucson, AZ<br><br>Robert B McClinton Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Sequim, WA<br><br>John H McKinley Rear Admiral, USNR (Ret.)<br>Kingsport, TN<br><br>Thomas A Meinicke Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Virginia Beach, VA<br><br>Fredrick J Metz Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Virginia Beach, VA<br><br>Jeffrey C Metzel Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Huntington Beach, CA<br><br>Kenneth P Miles Major General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Palm Desert, CA<br><br>John B Mooney Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Austin, TX<br><br>John A Moriarty Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Orange Park, FL<br><br>Thomas E Morris Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Palm Beach, FL<br><br>James H Mukoyama Major General, USAR (Ret.)<br>Glenview, IL<br><br>Lowell Richard Myers Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Shaver Lake, CA<br><br>Stanley F.H. Newman Major General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Oklahoma City, OK<br><br>Phillip R Olson Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Virginia Beach, VA<br><br>Oakley E Osborn Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Dade City, FL<br><br>Robert S Owens Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Fairfax , VA<br><br>Theodore W Paulson Major General, USA (Ret.)<br>Rancho Palos Verdes, CA<br><br>Jeremiah W Pearson Major General, USMC (Ret.)<br>San Juan Capistrano, CA<br><br>Richard L Phillips Major General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Alexandria, VA<br><br>Stuart F Platt Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Kennewick, WA<br><br>Arthur J Poillon Major General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Pensacola, FL<br><br>Ronald M Polant Rear Admiral, USCG (Ret.)<br>North Bethesda , MD<br><br>Don G Primeau Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Springfield, VA<br><br>Frank E Raab Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Beverly Hills, CA<br><br>Robert T Reimann Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Great Falls, VA<br><br>Claude W Reinke Major General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Fall Brook, CA<br><br>Alan K Riffey Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Grass Valley, CA<br><br>Stewart A Ring Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Waialua, HI<br><br>William A Roosma Major General, USA (Ret.)<br>Fairfax Station., VA<br><br>Conrad J Rorie Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Fulton, MD<br><br>Peter J Rots Rear Admiral, USCG (Ret.)<br>Venice, FL<br><br>Michael P Ryan Major General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Northridge, CA<br><br>Thomas D Ryan Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>McLean, VA<br><br>Ray R Sareeram Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Westborough, MA<br><br>Frank J Schober Major General, Army NG (Ret.)<br>Santa Fe, NM<br><br>Luther F. Schriefer Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Falls Church, VA<br><br>Darral A Schroeder Major General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Fargo, ND<br><br>Hugh P Scott Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Annandale, VA<br><br>Jud Scott Rear Admiral, USNR (Ret.)<br>Danville, CA<br><br>Kenneth P Sears Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Lansdowne, VA<br><br>Doniphan B Shelton Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Del Mar, CA<br><br>Joel D Sipes Rear Admiral, USCG (Ret.)<br>Houston, TX<br><br>David O Smart Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Prairie Village, KS<br><br>Robert Smith III Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Houston, TX<br><br>Frank H Smoker Major General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Lebanon, PA<br><br>John W Snyder Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>McLean, VA<br><br>Paul O Soderberg Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Savannah, GA<br><br>Stanhope S Spears Major General, USA (Ret.)<br>Colombia, SC<br><br>Robert H Spiro Rear Admiral, USNR (Ret.)<br>Vienna, VA<br><br>Ted C. Steele Jr. Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Alpine, CA<br><br>John T Stihl Major General, USAF (Ret.)<br>San Diego, CA<br><br>Ansel M Stroud Major General, Army NG (Ret.)<br>Shreveport, LA<br><br>John A Studds Major General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Melbourne, FL<br><br>Michael P Sullivan Major General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Havelock, NC<br><br>Larry S Taylor Major General, USMCR (Ret.)<br>Atlanta, GA<br><br>Thomas Tyler Thompson Major General, USA (Ret.)<br>Hampton, VA<br><br>William Thompson Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>McLean, VA<br><br>Ernest E Tissot Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Corral de Tierra, CA<br><br>Paul D Tomb Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Arlington, VA<br><br>Virgil J Toney Major General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Fair Oaks, CA<br><br>Edward L Trobaugh Major General, USA (Ret.)<br>Steilacoom, WA<br><br>H Kirk Unruh Rear Admiral, USNR (Ret.)<br>Princeton, NJ<br><br>Glen W Van Dyke Major General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Tucson, AZ<br><br>Lloyd R Vasey Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Honolulu, HI<br><br>George D Vaughan Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Seattle, WA<br><br>Norman C Venzke Rear Admiral, USCG (Ret.)<br>Virginia Beach, VA<br><br>John M Vest Major General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Naperville, IL<br><br>Russell L Violett Major General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Tucson, AZ<br><br>Edward K Walker Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Alexandria, VA<br><br>Lemuel O Warfield Rear Admiral, USNR (Ret.)<br>Annapolis, MD<br><br>Gary C Wattnem Major General, USA (Ret.)<br>Mason City, IA<br><br>Harvey D Weatherson Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Sunapee, NH<br><br>John C Weaver Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Manhattan Beach, CA<br><br>William Webb Major General, USA (Ret.)<br>Vienna, VA<br><br>Kenneth W Weir Major General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Santa Ana, CA<br><br>Donald A Weiss Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Alexandria, VA<br><br>James B Whittaker Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Arlington, VA<br><br>Charles L Wilson Major General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Austin, TX<br><br>Richard A Wilson Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Del Mar, CA<br><br>George Worthington Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>San Diego, CA<br><br>Earl Preston Yates Rear Admiral, USN (Ret.)<br>Virginia Beach, VA<br><br>Dwayne A Alons Brigadier General, USANG (Ret.)<br>Hull, IA<br><br>Dale F Andres Brigadier General, USA (Ret.)<br>Clear Lake, IA<br><br>John C Arick Brigadier General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Rehoboth Beach, DE<br><br>John C Bahnsen Brigadier General, USA (Ret.)<br>New Cumberland, WV<br><br>George L Bartlett Brigadier General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Potomac, MD<br><br>James D Beans Brigadier General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Alexandria, VA<br><br>Reid K Beveridge Brigadier General, USA (Ret.)<br>Broadkill Beach, DE<br><br>William C Bilo Brigadier General, USA (Ret.)<br>Timonium, MD<br><br>William A Bloomer Brigadier General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Wichita, KS<br><br>Richard B Bundy Brigadier General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Dover, DE<br><br>Carl T Butterworth Brigadier General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Crumpton, MD<br><br>Robert J Chadwick Brigadier General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Monterey, CA<br><br>Roy E Cooper Brigadier General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Cheyenne, WY<br><br>Jimmy G Dishner Brigadier General, USAF (Ret.)<br>South Orleans, MA<br><br>Duane H Erickson Brigadier General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Reston, VA<br><br>E J Giering III Brigadier General, USANG (Ret.)<br>Natchitoches, LA<br><br>Oscar A Hurt Brigadier General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Las Vegas, NV<br><br>Paul A Kauttu Brigadier General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Lakewood, WA<br><br>D Michael Kelleher Brigadier General, USA (Ret.)<br>Atlanta, GA<br><br>Hugh T Kerr Brigadier General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Otis, OR<br><br>John J Krasovich Brigadier General, USMCR (Ret.)<br>San Diego, CA<br><br>Peter W Lash Brigadier General, USA (Ret.)<br>Pinehurst, NC<br><br>Jerry L Laws Brigadier General, USA (Ret.)<br>Las Cruces, NM<br><br>Samuel K Lessey Brigadier General, USAFR (Ret.)<br>Hancock, NH<br><br>Joseph I Mensching Brigadier General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Tucson, AZ<br><br>Thomas R Mikolajcik Brigadier General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Mount Pleasant, SC<br><br>Michael Neil Brigadier General, USMC (Ret.)<br>San Diego, CA<br><br>Thomas P O'Brien Jr. Brigadier General, USA (Ret.)<br>Cincinnati, OH<br><br>Ralph E Parker Brigadier General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Albuquerque, NM<br><br>George W. (Buddy) Petty Jr. Brigadier General, USAR (Ret.)<br>Mayfield, KY<br><br>John T Quinn Brigadier General, USA (Ret.)<br>Ponte Vedra Beach, FL<br><br>James Robert Roberts Brigadier General, USAF/ANG (Ret.)<br>Murfreesboro, TN<br><br>William C Roll Brigadier General, USA (Ret.)<br>Coppell, TX<br><br>Kenneth Ross Brigadier General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Hammond, LA<br><br>Dennis Schulstad Brigadier General, USAFR (Ret.)<br>Edina, MN<br><br>William R Spruance Brigadier General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Las Vegas, NV<br><br>W. H.J. Tiernan Brigadier General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Vista, CA<br><br>Guy M Townsend Brigadier General, USAF (Ret.)<br>Mercer Island, WA<br><br>Guy M VanderLinden Brigadier General, USMC (Ret.)<br>Woodbridge, VA<br><br>William Weise Brigadier General,USMC (Ret.)<br>Alexandria, VA<br><br>Arvid E West Brigadier General, USA (Ret.)<br>Jefferson City, MO<p><hr></blockquote><p>Right on!<br><br>

Re: Paving the Sunni Triangle: Time to clean house - 11/01/04 09:04 AM

Please cite your source for this "analysis". <br><br>Using your "analysis" would make Washington, DC one of the safest places because it always votes Democratic and so it will go to Kerry.<br><br>Somehow, I don't think OBL will give DC a "pass" when planning another attack...just because the residents voted for Kerry. <br><br>It seems you are implying more honor in Bin Laden's words than I'm sure you care to, and for the sake of influencing people's votes.<br><br>State = Nation.<br><br>

Re: Paving the Sunni Triangle: Time to clean house - 11/01/04 09:27 AM

well, the poll doesn't have any methodology and you're relying on someone's word of what they saw in the results. is there a link to the original source (in english preferrably)? <br><br>with regard to your list of military people, is there a source where they say they support dubya? was this list made by dubya's team or a concerted effort by those men to get the word out? i'd like to read their rationale like you can with the kerry supporters. i want to read about their thinking that goes into their public support. merely voting for dubya says little when the leaders for kerry are making passioned pleas for kerry. further, you point out how many active duty military personnel are republicans, so it only makes sense that the % of people who leave the military and retire follow the same ratio. though, i'd guess that officers are much, much more likely to be republicans. <br><br>this link shows the kind of story that i see more and more than the opposite (and, it's just like our former gov. of michigan's story last month) -- <a href="http://www.registerguard.com/news/2004/08/09/b2.or.mcpeak.0809.html">link</a><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Four years ago, he volunteered for the first Bush campaign, and in 1996 he served as co-chair of Sen. Bob Dole's campaign in Oregon.<br><br>And he followed what he said is a trend of most senior officers to join the Republican Party, registering as such in Oregon when he retired from the Air Force in 1994.<br><br>He has also joined a tradition of retired military men entering politics after hanging up their uniforms, taking public positions he would never have voiced during active duty.<br><br>"This is not a conservative administration, this is a radical administration," he said.<p><hr></blockquote><p>you don't find these stories going the other direction from retired military leaders. could be that they are all republican to begin with, which really highlights the significance of kerry's list. perhaps most are not giving this any though and are just going with the party line like most people in america and the guys who think about it switch to kerry. now, i am not saying that the regular republicans aren't thinking, but i am saying those who switch to kerry are really, really thinking well. <br><br><br>--<br>one of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato

Re: Paving the Sunni Triangle: Time to clean house - 11/01/04 10:05 AM

He did and I do. The "nation" translation was incorrect as the analysis I linked to points out.<br>He did not mean "state" in context of a nation.<br><br>No sig right now, waiting for the next Kerry flip-flop. .

Re: Paving the Sunni Triangle: Time to clean house - 11/01/04 10:16 AM

Sean, I won't bother. I am very familiar with the "People voting for Bush are non-thinking while people voting for Kerry are thinking really really well." meme. Even though you claim the opposite your statements don't back that up. It's like when someone starts a sentence with "I don't mean to offend, but..." and proceeds to offend then are amazed when the recipient acts offened.<br><br>Like this:<br>"Now, i am not saying that the regular republicans aren't thinking, but perhaps most are not giving this any thought and are just going with the party line like most people in america and the guys who think about it switch to kerry."<br><br>I mean, the entire sentence contradicts itself. (Which goes right along with voting for Kerry )<br><br>Here is one more thing I believe. If Kerry wins you'll see as much rejoicing in the radical Muslim circles as we saw on 9/12 for much the same reason. It will be a terrorist victory over the US a la Spain.<br><br>No sig right now, waiting for the next Kerry flip-flop. .

Re: Paving the Sunni Triangle: Time to clean house - 11/01/04 10:20 AM

Do you take Limbaugh's position that a Kerry win will only happen because voters caved in to OBL's threat? A Kerry win is a win for the terrorsits? <br><br>Michael Savage has been saying a vote for a Kerry presidency is a vote for Radical Islamic fundamentalism. Forget democracy, you're voting for OBL and the terrorists. I guess Limbaugh and Savage just merged their audiences. <br><br>

Re: Paving the Sunni Triangle: Time to clean house - 11/01/04 10:28 AM

Sean, I won't bother -- as you proceed to bother. <br><br>let me make this more clear because you're reading too much into this and it's not contradictory at all. i am not saying republicans are non thinking. in fact, i apply the same logic towards democrats, so i'll switch and use democrats for illustrative purposes and to decrease my chances of offending those who are trying to interpret too much.<br><br>i think that the average democrat who crosses over and supports dubya is probably putting more thought into this election than the average democrat who doesn't (there are exceptions both ways most likely). at least i can see the thought processes turned on for the democrat who changes his/her mind. as far as i can tell, the democrat who sticks with kerry could easily be just sticking with the party line as there's no evidence to say one way or the other. <br><br>i said no more than that.<br><br><br>--<br>one of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato

Re: Paving the Sunni Triangle: Time to clean house - 11/01/04 10:34 AM

No, a Kerry win wouldn't be ONLY becuase voters caved to OBL threat. I think the majority of americans don't even know about the threat because it hasn't been covered.<br><br>But it's hypocitical to say one should take into account the US's current standing and credibility in the world when choosing a candidiate. In essense saying, you should think about how the world views us when making your choice. But when it comes to taking into account how those trying to attack and kill us, view us you should ignore that.<br><br>All I'm saying is take it ALL into account. The terrorists are watching this election to see how to react. It needs to be taken into account.<br><br>An appropriate response may be, "Well, the terrorists may think Kerry is weak and step up attacks but I know Kerry will respond with great force and make them re-think their perception so a Kerry is still a good choice." That's fine if that is how you see a Kerry presidency going. I just don't see it that way.<br><br>No sig right now, waiting for the next Kerry flip-flop. .

Re: Paving the Sunni Triangle: Time to clean house - 11/01/04 10:46 AM

I was saying I wasn't going to bother with the site for the poll or the testimonials from the military leaders. That's all. <br><br>And yes, you second point wasn't worded well at all. Your clarification makes it more clear. And I wasn't offended. I just take issue with people in general who in their minds have this kind of thought process (and I'm not referring to you, this is a general observation):<br>"I am smart" (nothing worng with being smart and thinking so).<br>"I hold this opinion"<br>"You have an opposite opinion"<br>"You therefore are not smart because smart people think like me."<br><br>Sometimes it looks like your posts come close to logic like that. But, it doesn't seem like something you really think so when I see words from you that look like that I like to call you out for clarifiaction. My memory tells me you always come through. I'm sure I can some across as the opposite on many occasions.<br><br><br>No sig right now, waiting for the next Kerry flip-flop. .

Re: Paving the Sunni Triangle: Time to clean house - 11/01/04 11:10 AM

Okay, I read your source's analysis.<br><br>From your source's translation:<br>===================<br>"Your security is not in the hands of Kerry or Bush or Al-Qa'ida. Your security is in your own hands, and any U.S. state that does not toy with our security automatically guarantees its own security." <br>==================<br>Your embellishment that this endorses voting specifically against Bush still doesn't fly with me. Kerry is cited as equally bad as Bush.<br><br>OBL does not imply whom to vote for, and both candidates have stated very plainly they will "destroy the terrorists".<br><br>Washington, DC will elect Kerry. Following the logic of that source's analysis, there is no way Al Qaeda will refrain from targets in DC just because it voted against Bush. Again, OBL cites Kerry as being just as bad. This says to me that the analysis that State = US State and not "Nation" is incorrect.<br><br>Finally, I don't see how your source can be deemed impartial when their own transcript states that both Kerry and Bush are unsafe choices, but they color the transcript with a headline saying (to paraphrase) "OBL threatens Bush voters".<br><br>The site smacks of a right-wing think-tank if you ask me. About as impartial as the site for "Project For The New American Century".<br><br>

Re: Paving the Sunni Triangle: Time to clean house - 11/01/04 11:11 AM

i started to reply off topic and decided to start a new thread.<br><br><br>--<br>one of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato

Re: Paving the Sunni Triangle: Time to clean house - 11/01/04 01:19 PM

<br><br><br>No sig right now, waiting for the next Kerry flip-flop. .

Re: Paving the Sunni Triangle: Time to clean house - 11/01/04 07:21 PM

I guess this is one General we can move to the Bush column from the Kerry column.<br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>TAMPA, FL – Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf today issued the following statement:<br><br>"The Democratic National Committee is making fraudulent phone calls claiming that I have endorsed Senator Kerry. Nothing could be further from the truth, and I demand that they stop immediately.<br><br>"Senator Kerry opposed the Reagan defense build-up that won the Cold War. Senator Kerry opposed the removal of Saddam Hussein from Kuwait. Senator Kerry proposed billions in intelligence cuts after the first attack on the World Trade Center. Senator Kerry voted against funds to equip our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan with supplies like body armor and ammunition.<br><br>"I am supporting President Bush for reelection, because he is the candidate who has demonstrated the conviction needed to defeat terrorism. In contrast to the President's steadfast determination to defeat our enemies, Senator Kerry has a record of weakness that gives me no confidence in his ability to fight and win the War on Terror. His attempt to make up for these deficiencies by falsifying my endorsement only confirms my impression that he is not the man we need to lead our nation." <p><hr></blockquote><p> <br><br>No sig right now, waiting for the next Kerry flip-flop. .
Posted by: FSM

Re: Paving the Sunni Triangle: Time to clean house - 03/14/08 07:54 PM

you were talking about Al Qaeda and said that "Saddam Hussein was aiding and giving safe haven to terrorist."<br><br>no, he wasn't. <a href="http://www.macminute.com/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=politics&Number=360664&page=0&view=expanded&sb=5&o=0&part=">link here</a><br><br>it took our gov't 4 years to admit it though so i suppose the silence served it's purpose in having you believe otherwise all this time. <br><br>