can you access bush re-election site?

Posted by: cesrivas

can you access bush re-election site? - 10/30/04 09:53 AM

http://www.georgewbush.com/ ? I live in Mexico, I can not vote in the US, but I was interested in reading what bush was to said.... I'm not saying I perfer Bush over Kerry or Kerry over Bush.. I just want to be informed... I also check www.johnkerry.com <br><br>
Posted by: Llewelyn

Re: can you access bush re-election site? - 10/30/04 10:03 AM

Only US and Canadian root servers can access the site. If you don't have an ISP in one of those two countries you're SOL. However, you can spoof yourself onto a valid server, or access one of the mirror sites (sorry know they exist, but can't remember where I saw the list - could try googling I guess)<br><br>

Re: can you access bush re-election site? - 10/30/04 10:29 AM

and, there is any reason for that? <br><br>
Posted by: Bryan

Re: can you access bush re-election site? - 10/30/04 10:44 AM

They do it to keep out the non-believers. <br><br>Also, the George Bush website blocks black voters in Florida and Ohio <br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: can you access bush re-election site? - 10/30/04 10:45 AM

Because Bush doesn't care what the rest of the world thinks about his policies. He won't be part of a global test.<br><br>Honestly, I don't think anyone has come up with a viable reason, and as far as I know the Bush campaign won't say. So, draw your own conclusions, I guess.<br><br>
Posted by: Bryan

Re: can you access bush re-election site? - 10/30/04 10:50 AM

My guess is that because Bush is so hated in the rest of the world, it's to block outside attacks aimed at bringing down the site. <br><br><br><br>

Re: can you access bush re-election site? - 10/30/04 10:51 AM

Oh, don't forget, http://georgewbush.org is still available. That's the site the rest of the world goes to now.<br><br>

Re: can you access bush re-election site? - 10/30/04 10:59 AM

This was posted to slashdot last week and that was the first "reasonable" argument given, but it doesn't hold water.<br><br>Sites like SCO, Microsoft and the RIAA are the targets of serious hackers all the time and they keep their sites up, and internationally. Even when a specific DOS virus targets something like SCO.com, it is rarely down for more than a few minutes. <br><br>More importantly, hackers know what they're doing. If they want to hack the site they can easily do it through a proxy. Just like how DRM doesn't stop the copying of music, this sort of thing would not stop hacking.<br><br>Now the military and other U.S. citizens living abroad cannot access their site. It does more harm than good.<br><br>

Re: can you access bush re-election site? - 10/30/04 11:03 AM

If you really want to visit the site, this link might work for you, but its supposedly slow:<br><br>http://www.georgewbush.com.nyud.net:8090/<br><br>
Posted by: garyW

Re: can you access bush re-election site? - 10/30/04 11:10 AM

I suggest that rather than going to Bush's site to read their interpretation of Kerry's positions, that you go to johnkerry.com and read Kerry's positions first hand. (and yes, all of Kerry's military records are there and have been since April).<br><br>

Re: can you access bush re-election site? - 10/30/04 11:12 AM

too bad... I can not access bush site.... =( ... anyone who wants to hack a site will do it, does not matter the security reasons....<br><br>
Posted by: MattMac112

Re: can you access bush re-election site? - 10/30/04 11:19 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>(and yes, all of Kerry's military records are there and have been since April).<p><hr></blockquote><p>Wow, did he go ahead and sign Form 180?<br><br>****************<br><br>[color:blue]VOTE</font color=blue>[color:red] for President George W. Bush on November 2, 2004</font color=red>

Re: can you access bush re-election site? - 10/30/04 11:27 AM

Yes, he could go to Johnkerry.com, but he won't get all the truth about John Kerry unless he visits Bush's site. <br><br><br><br><br>

Re: can you access bush re-election site? - 10/30/04 11:48 AM

For the same reasons GWB did not sign Form 180, it allows them to be the "gatekeeper" of their own documents. Kerry has, yet GWB has not, posted all military records on his website. John O'Neil and his SBVT followers can scream all they want about medical records, FBI files and personal diaries, nobody gives a f*ck about it any more to make a decision in this election, and the same goes for GWB's TANG records.<br><br>
Posted by:

Re: can you access bush re-election site? - 10/30/04 12:00 PM

"that you go to johnkerry.com and read Kerry's positions first hand."<br><br>Just make sure you hit refresh to get the latest versions. HAHAHA!<br><br>
Posted by: JonnyCat

Re: can you access bush re-election site? - 10/30/04 12:16 PM

"Kerry has, yet GWB has not, posted all military records on his website. "<br><br><br>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA<br><br>Let's see GWB has offered up just about everything including pay stubs and dental records.<br><br>Kerry posts his medals and discharge.<br><br>Yup Kerry has posted all military records and GWB hasn't. *rolls eyes*<br><br><br><br>[color:blue]All your sock puppets are belong to us</font color=blue>

Re: can you access bush re-election site? - 10/30/04 12:28 PM

I don't see this being deceptive. <br><br>http://www.johnkerry.com/pressroom/releases/pr_2004_0421a.html<br><br><br>please show me where GWB has done a similar site <br><br>"*rolls eyes*" is not necessary JC. Just asking questions.<br><br><br>
Posted by: JonnyCat

Re: can you access bush re-election site? - 10/30/04 01:04 PM

No need to post his records on georgewbush.com - it's been released publicly and easily retrievable. Kerry is the only one that has made his service record more than 30 years ago a campaign issue.<br><br>http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/02/13/elec04.prez.bush.texas.records/index.html<br><br>George Bush releases 400 pages of his military records. <br><br>If you really need to know, you can find it all over the place on the net.<br><br>http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/02/10/bush.docs/index.html<br><br>even dental records.<br><br>http://news.findlaw.com/cnn/docs/gwbush/gwb10673dent.html<br><br><br><br><br>[color:blue]All your sock puppets are belong to us</font color=blue>
Posted by: polymerase

Re: can you access bush re-election site? - 10/30/04 03:50 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Let's see GWB has offered up just about everything including pay stubs and dental records.<br><br>Kerry posts his medals and discharge. <p><hr></blockquote><p> Could it be that because no matter how much you dig Bush has only a dental record proving he once visited Alabama while Kerry was in Vietnam earning medals?<br><br><br><br><br>red sox otter pops for sale

Re: can you access bush re-election site? - 10/30/04 04:22 PM

My point was in reference to the Form 180 question. Both Kerry and GWB have not signed for the same reason. <br><br>Kerry chose to control the release of his documents through his campaign website where he has made them all availble to the public. I disagree with the comments that JK has withheld his military records or your claim that he only distributes docs on the medals and honorary citations. It appears he has made it all available to anyone, even to those out of the country like Cesrivas who would be interested in this information.<br><br>Bush chose to have the same control over his documents, and has released them to the public on request, some by petition of the Freedom of Information act, some have only been made available to the press for limited viewing. GWB does not to my knowedge have a site posted for public access. Unfortunately the most refered site for all these documents seems to be an anti-Bush site to promote the AWOL charges. <br><br>
Posted by: AfterTenSoftware

Re: can you access bush re-election site? - 10/30/04 06:26 PM

Correct, neither signed a full release. But the only person that has claimed ALL of Kerry's records are public is Kerry. In fact Kerry has not released all his records.<br><br><br>No sig right now, waiting for the next Kerry flip-flop. .
Posted by: AfterTenSoftware

Re: can you access bush re-election site? - 10/30/04 06:27 PM

I could speculate that they limit access to the site to keep costs down. Bandwidth costs money even for the GOP.<br><br>No sig right now, waiting for the next Kerry flip-flop. .