Kabul or Baghdad

Posted by: garyW

Kabul or Baghdad - 10/21/04 12:50 PM

The President's staff says he's taking a day off Saturday at Crawford. With 10 days to go, that sounds a little fishy. I bet he's going for the photo-op handshake with Karzai. I think a fly-in to Baghdad Airport would be too risky since it's already being talked about, so I think he'll visit the troops in Afghanistan.<br><br>Better that than another attempt at mountain biking. <br><br>
Posted by: MattMac112

Re: Kabul or Baghdad - 10/21/04 12:57 PM

Don't you know? He's going over to Ashcroft's house to pull Osama out of the basement. Sheeezz ... Occtooooooooober Surriiiisse? Remember?<br><br>****************<br><br>[color:blue]VOTE</font color=blue>[color:red] for President George W. Bush on November 2, 2004</font color=red>

Re: Kabul or Baghdad - 10/21/04 01:05 PM

Not according to rumors on the Internets.<br><br><br>
Posted by: SlapLeather

Re: Kabul or Baghdad - 10/21/04 01:08 PM

I'm betting on a manicure, facial and roast duckling al'orange. You know, before he "reports for duty", fly's in and proclaims "mission accomplished". No, wait, that would be "declaring victory early" and "defending it later".<br><br><br><br><br>got to let your eyes adjust
Posted by: sean

Re: Kabul or Baghdad - 10/21/04 01:11 PM

my guess is afghanistan. they've just had elections and that can only be positive press. shifts attention away from the death and dying in iraq for a change.<br><br><br>--<br>one of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato

Re: Kabul or Baghdad - 10/21/04 01:23 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Not according to rumors on the Internets.<p><hr></blockquote><p>I'll go check it out on the white house website. I still remember the web address when Al Gore gave it out. Now what did he say it was again? Oh yeah ... dubya-dubya-dubya-dot-whitehouse-dot-gov-dot.<br><br><embed src="http://homepage.mac.com/barnett112/.Music/dotgovdot.mp3" width=320 height=25 controller="true" autoplay="false" type="video/quicktime"><br><br>****************<br><br>[color:blue]VOTE</font color=blue>[color:red] for President George W. Bush on November 2, 2004</font color=red>

Re: Kabul or Baghdad - 10/21/04 01:33 PM

Why do you and Slap react with such cynicism at mention of this senario? Bush, as the incumbent has the resources to do it, he'd dominate the news for at least a week with it, it's a win-win -- the cries of "publicity stunt" would be buried by the overwhelming positive press and front page photos. Will you be so sarcastic if it happens this weekend? <br><br>

Re: Kabul or Baghdad - 10/21/04 01:39 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Why do you and Slap react with such cynicism at mention of this senario?<p><hr></blockquote><p>Because liberals like you, in a never ending parade of Bush bashing, break out the pre-conspiracy Bush bashing conspiracy theories. You guys just throw sh!t against the wall (BUSH IS WIRED! BUSH IS WIRED!) and then off you go on the Bush bashing.<br><br>****************<br><br>[color:blue]VOTE</font color=blue>[color:red] for President George W. Bush on November 2, 2004</font color=red>

Re: Kabul or Baghdad - 10/21/04 01:47 PM

is gary's guess really dubya bashing? not the way i read it. gary is predicting something that could potentially help dubya overcome a pending loss. what's wrong with his scenario other than it's a long-shot? <br><br><br>--<br>one of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato

Re: Kabul or Baghdad - 10/21/04 01:54 PM

Bush going to Kabul to shake Karzai's hand is "Bush bashing conspiracy"?. I'll laugh at a plastic turkey when I seen it, but this isn't it. Totally unnecessary to attack me for presenting a straight forward post, you need to take a step back and relax.<br><br>

Re: Kabul or Baghdad - 10/21/04 02:09 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Bush going to Kabul to shake Karzai's hand is "Bush bashing conspiracy"?.<p><hr></blockquote><p>No, and that's not what I'm talking about. I replied to your original post with the Osama bin Laden / Ashcroft's basement / "October Surprise" comment, to which you responded:<br><br><blockquote>Why do you and Slap react with such cynicism at mention of this senario? Bush, as the incumbent has the resources to do it, he'd dominate the news for at least a week with it, it's a win-win -- the cries of "publicity stunt" would be buried by the overwhelming positive press and front page photos. Will you be so sarcastic if it happens this weekend?</blockquote><br><br>To which I responded. . . <br><br><blockquote>Because liberals like you, in a never ending parade of Bush bashing, break out the pre-conspiracy Bush bashing conspiracy theories. You guys just throw sh!t against the wall (BUSH IS WIRED! BUSH IS WIRED!) and then off you go on the Bush bashing.</blockquote><br><br>So, my above comment wasn't about Bush Kabul to shake Karzai's hand. <br><br>****************<br><br>[color:blue]VOTE</font color=blue>[color:red] for President George W. Bush on November 2, 2004</font color=red>

Re: Kabul or Baghdad - 10/21/04 02:11 PM

Well I never said squat about Osama and October surprise b/s, that's what you said. I'm talking about my post, "this senario", and how you automatical get nasty about it. Every comment I made was about Bush going Kabul to shake Karzai's hand. What's up with that?<br><br>

Re: Kabul or Baghdad - 10/21/04 02:18 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Well I never said squat about Osama and October surprise b/s, that's what you said. I'm talking about my post, "this senario", and how you automatical get nasty about it. Every comment I made was about Bush going Kabul to shake Karzai's hand. What's up with that?<p><hr></blockquote><p>It looks like you were replying to my Osama / October Surprise comment with:<br><br><blockquote>Why do you and Slap react with such cynicism at mention of this senario? Bush, as the incumbent has the resources to do it, he'd dominate the news for at least a week with it, it's a win-win -- the cries of "publicity stunt" would be buried by the overwhelming positive press and front page photos. Will you be so sarcastic if it happens this weekend?</blockquote><br><br>I didn't realize you were still referencing Bush to Kabul. I misread it. I apologize. <br><br>****************<br><br>[color:blue]VOTE</font color=blue>[color:red] for President George W. Bush on November 2, 2004</font color=red>

Re: Kabul or Baghdad - 10/21/04 02:30 PM

okay. But you can take all your October surprise cliches and stick them where the sun don't shine. .<br><br>

Re: Kabul or Baghdad - 10/21/04 02:34 PM

whoo-hee.<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I love your backward tap-dance routine. Love it.<br><p><hr></blockquote><p><br><br><br>--<br>one of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato

Re: Kabul or Baghdad - 10/21/04 02:40 PM

Not the same thing, Sean. <br><br>****************<br><br>[color:blue]VOTE</font color=blue>[color:red] for President George W. Bush on November 2, 2004</font color=red>

Re: Kabul or Baghdad - 10/21/04 02:41 PM

uh huh.<br><br><br>--<br>one of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato

Re: Kabul or Baghdad - 10/21/04 02:50 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>okay. But you can take all your October surprise cliches and stick them where the sun don't shine.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Hey, I'm not the one who pulls these conspiracy theories out of my @ss . . . <br><br><blockquote>Democrats and President Bush's skeptics like to talk about the possibility of an "October surprise."<br><br>It would be John Kerry's nightmare: The administration reveals weeks before the presidential election that Osama bin Laden has been captured, with the news presumably swinging the election to Bush.<br><br>Some political cynics joke that the Republicans have bin Laden in a cell somewhere, waiting to be unveiled in October.<br><br>Now it turns out Kerry's wife, Teresa Heinz Kerry, might be one of those cynics.<br><br>Heinz Kerry criticized the Bush administration on an array of issues while speaking Wednesday at the Arizona Biltmore Resort & Spa, according to the Phoenix Business Journal .<br><br>She also dropped in this comment regarding the hunt for bin Laden.<br><br>"I wouldn't be surprised if he appeared in the next month," the business journal quoted her as saying.<br><br>According to a senior administration official last week, bin Laden still is considered to be ''very possibly'' hiding on the Afghanistan-Pakistan border.</blockquote><br><br>So I'll leave it to you to stuff what rightfully belongs squarely on the loony left back where it belongs. <br><br>link<br><br>****************<br><br>[color:blue]VOTE</font color=blue>[color:red] for President George W. Bush on November 2, 2004</font color=red>

Re: Kabul or Baghdad - 10/21/04 03:00 PM

Well neither do I, so please don't assume every liberal newspaper article speaks for me. FWIW, I believe Osama has been dead for years. I also believe the October Surprise will be John Kerry handing Bush's ass on a platter as the swing states polling shift each day. <br><br>