So . . .

Posted by: MattMac112

So . . . - 10/20/04 06:36 PM

What about that Osama / Saddam connection? Do you think they sent each other Christmas cards?<br><br><br><br>****************<br><br>[color:blue]VOTE</font color=blue>[color:red] for President George W. Bush on November 2, 2004</font color=red>
Posted by: sean

Re: So . . . - 10/20/04 06:39 PM

what connection?<br><br><br>--<br>one of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
Posted by: G4Dualie

Re: So . . . - 10/20/04 06:48 PM

What Christmas?<br><br>

Re: So . . . - 10/20/04 07:13 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>what connection?<p><hr></blockquote><p>The connection between bin Laden and Hussein.<br><br>****************<br><br>[color:blue]VOTE</font color=blue>[color:red] for President George W. Bush on November 2, 2004</font color=red>
Posted by: sean

Re: So . . . - 10/20/04 07:19 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p> revealing<br>US Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld has cast doubt on whether there was ever a relationship between Saddam Hussein and al-Qaeda.<br>The alleged link was used as a reason by President Bush for invading Iraq.<br><br>Mr Rumsfeld was asked by a New York audience about connections between Saddam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden.<br><br>"To my knowledge, I have not seen any strong, hard evidence that links the two," he said, though he later issued a statement saying he was misunderstood.<p><hr></blockquote><p>his story turned to being "misunderstood" as soon the implication of the admission was realized.<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p> "I have seen the answer to that question migrate in the intelligence community over a period of a year in the most amazing way"<br>Donald Rumsfeld<p><hr></blockquote><p><a href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3715396.stm">link</a><br><br>again, what connection?<br><br><br>--<br>one of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
Posted by: G4Dualie

Reaganosama Rex... - 10/20/04 07:23 PM

Click the graphic for the rest of the story... There's an awful lot of speculation about the hussein/bin laden connection but I think we know who gave birth to him!<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: nutty

Re: So . . . - 10/20/04 07:28 PM

no, donald sends saddam one every year :0 wink and so on<br><br><br><br>I would rather die free than live in fear, and without liberty.

This one . . . - 10/20/04 09:11 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>again, what connection?<p><hr></blockquote><p><embed src="http://homepage.mac.com/barnett112/.Music/ABC.mp3" width=320 height=25 controller="true" autoplay="false" type="video/quicktime"><br><br>****************<br><br>[color:blue]VOTE</font color=blue>[color:red] for President George W. Bush on November 2, 2004</font color=red>
Posted by: newkojak

Re: This one . . . - 10/20/04 09:25 PM

Now Matt... you know this is all just speculation that was later found false. It's untrue, so why are you trafficking in it?<br><br>-- Charlie Alpha Roger Yankee Whiskey<br>
Posted by: squareman

Re: So . . . - 10/20/04 09:41 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>What about that Osama / Saddam connection? Do you think they sent each other Christmas cards?<p><hr></blockquote><p>No evidence showing any. And... nope.<br><br>
Posted by: drjohn

Re: So . . . - 10/20/04 09:43 PM

Hmm. Christmas is a christian religious celebration. I don't think those guys are of that persuasion wether or not they're connected. <br><br>But now that you bring religion up , considering all the furor over church and state separation issues such as "under God" on money, prayer in schools, the Ten Commandments in government installations, etc., I wonder if Christmas, along with Easter, Good Friday, Sundays and perhaps Thanksgiving should no longer be considered federal holidays. We could have mail delivered every day and Congress and the Supreme Court could be in session every day too. I'm sure they could get more done working seven days a week and not having to worry about interruptions for christian traditions. It could save taxpayer dollars too because those religious days would be like any other day so no overtime considerations. <br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: So . . . - 10/20/04 09:52 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>No evidence showing any.<p><hr></blockquote><p><blockquote>The Senate Intelligence Committee Report:<br><br>CIA "Reasonably Assessed" Contacts Between Iraq And Al Qaeda.<br>(Report On The U.S. Intelligence Community's Prewar Intelligence Assessments On Iraq," Senate Select Committee On Intelligence, 7/7/04, p. 346)<br><br>CIA's Conclusion That Iraq Gave "Safehaven" To Al Qaeda "Was Reasonable."  ("Report On The U.S. Intelligence Community's Prewar Intelligence Assessments On Iraq," Senate Select Committee On Intelligence, 7/7/04, p. 347)<br><br>The 9/11 Commission:<br><br>Vice Chair Of The 9/11 Commission Lee Hamilton (D-IN): "[T]here Were Contacts Between Al Qaeda And Iraq Going Back Clear To The Early 1990s When Osama Bin Laden Was In Sudan, Then When He Was In Afghanistan. I Don't Think There's Any Dispute About That."<br><br>In Sudan, Bin Laden Began Developing A "Global Terrorist Network" Including "Leaders Or Representatives Of Terrorist Organizations" In Iraq. ("The 9/11 Commission Report," National Commission On Terrorist Attacks Upon The United States, 7/04, p. 58)<br><br>9/11 Commission Detailed Number Of Contacts And Relationship-Building Measures Between Iraq And Al Qaeda In Late 1990s:<br><br>In 1997, "Bin Laden Sent Out A Number Of Feelers To The Iraqi Regime, Offering Some Cooperation." (The 9/11 Commission Report," National Commission On Terrorist Attacks Upon The United States, 7/04, p. 66) <br><br>In 1998, "Two Al Qaeda Members Reportedly Went to Iraq" And "An Iraqi Delegation Traveled To Afghanistan To Meet First With The Taliban And then With Bin Ladin." ("The 9/11 Commission Report," National Commission On Terrorist Attacks Upon The United States, 7/04, p. 66)<br><br>"According To The Reporting, Iraqi Officials Offered Bin Laden A Safe Haven In Iraq. Bin Ladin Declined, Apparently Judging That His Circumstances In Afghanistan Remained More Favorable Than The Iraqi Alternative." ("The 9/11 Commission Report," National Commission On Terrorist Attacks Upon The United States, 7/04, p. 66)</blockquote><br><br><br><br>****************<br><br>[color:blue]VOTE</font color=blue>[color:red] for President George W. Bush on November 2, 2004</font color=red>
Posted by: squareman

Re: So . . . - 10/20/04 09:56 PM

So they talked. So did our government and Bin Laden as well as our government and Hussein. Does that make our government 9/11 collaborators too? There is still no Bin Laden connection to Hussein shown in regards to 9/11.<br><br>And no, still no Christmas card. Not even a Ramadan card.<br><br>