Unbelievable...what a loser...

Posted by: Bryan

Unbelievable...what a loser... - 10/20/04 01:01 PM

<br>I can't believe Teresa Heinz Kerry said this...what an unbelievably elitist and condescending attitude. There is no higher calling than that of a stay-at-home Mom, rather than treating kids like luggage and sending them off to a daycare some place. <br><br>But Tereeeeeeza says it isn't a "real job." Whatever, lady. <br><br>Full Story<br><br>
Posted by: sean

Re: Unbelievable...what a loser... - 10/20/04 01:20 PM

is there any higher calling than for stay at home mothers to gather together and chat in the living room while the kids play in the backyard or upstairs? is watching morning talk shows and soap operas a higher calling? just curious. now, i understand that some stay at home mothers and fathers are very good about "working" to be good parents and spending time helping to raise their children, but i also know many parents who send their kids to daycare and still spend more quality time with their kids than people who are "with" their kids all day. if a person is lazy on the job, the person will be fired if the company is well run. if a parent is lazy on the job, the child suffers, but the parent has no incentive to change and even the "higher calling" won't call them out. <br><br>and, i think being a stay at home mom can be a respectable job, fwiw.<br><br><br>--<br>one of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
Posted by: Michael

Re: Unbelievable...what a loser... - 10/20/04 01:26 PM

If Kerry wins, expect to hear "I can't believe Teresa Heinz Kerry said..." a lot.<br><br>
Posted by: garyW

Re: Unbelievable...what a loser... - 10/20/04 01:29 PM

Phoney Drudge outrage again (Shove it!, tax cheat!, he's gay! he's orange!)<br><br>"Well, you know, I don't know Laura Bush. But she seems to be calm, and she has a sparkle in her eye, which is good," Heinz Kerry said. "But I don't know that she's ever had a real job I mean, since she's been grown up. So her experience and her validation comes from important things, but different things." <br><br><br>Drudge :TERESA DOUBTS LAURA HAS HELD 'REAL JOB' <br><br>Please see the Tom Tomorow cartoon that explains the insanity of your outrage. I'm sure Rush and Hannity will be screaming that Teresa belittles working woman, belittles motherhood, blah blah blah<br><br>
Posted by: MattMac112

Re: Unbelievable...what a loser... - 10/20/04 01:39 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Phoney Drudge outrage again (Shove it!, tax cheat!, he's gay! he's orange!)<p><hr></blockquote><p>Bryan links to a news story on Yahoo, which contains the specific quote you've posted:<br><br><blockquote>"Well, you know, I don't know Laura Bush. But she seems to be calm, and she has a sparkle in her eye, which is good," Heinz Kerry said. "But I don't know that she's ever had a real job I mean, since she's been grown up. So her experience and her validation comes from important things, but different things."</blockquote><br><br>So what's phony? Her above statement is elitist and condescending. <br><br>FWIW, I didn't even know this was originally from Drudge . . . until you pointed it out, which doesn't discredit Heinz-Kerry's smug statement.<br><br>****************<br><br>[color:blue]VOTE</font color=blue>[color:red] for President George W. Bush on November 2, 2004</font color=red>

Re: Unbelievable...what a loser... - 10/20/04 01:48 PM

Bryan has admitted before this crap comes from Drudge. Every time Drudge posts this stuff it gets dumped here. Same story, same photo, same bogus outrage.<br><br>"Karen Hughes, an adviser to President Bush, criticized Heinz Kerry's remarks as "indicative of an unfortunate mind-set that seeks to divide women based on who works at home and who works outside the home." "<br><br>Her statement is conescending if you let Karen Hugh's do the interpretation. <br><br>Why isn't the headline: Teresa Claims Laura's Experience and Her Validation Comes From Important Things!!!<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: AfterTenSoftware

Re: Unbelievable...what a loser... - 10/20/04 02:04 PM

Because if THK doesn't know LB or even know if she has had a real job how can she even speak to where Laura Bush's experience or validation comes from? She hasn't the foggiest if her experience and validation comes from either different things then Kerry's or important things.<br><br>So, on what basis was she claiming that Laura Bush's experience and validation come from different yet important things?<br><br>And her apology is as lame as the original statement.<br><br>No sig right now, waiting for the next Kerry flip-flop. .

Re: Unbelievable...what a loser... - 10/20/04 02:18 PM

"So, on what basis was she claiming that Laura Bush's experience and validation come from different yet important things?"<br><br>Motherhood. Wife of a prominent public figure. Those kind of things.<br><br>Karen Hughes won this stunt to twist Teresa's words into something disparaging, which I don't think that it was meant that way at all.<br><br>
Posted by: MikeSellers

Re: Unbelievable...what a loser... - 10/20/04 02:24 PM

Yeah, let's not vote for a guy because of something his wife said. That's a lot worse than chickenhawks Dick "I had other priorities" Cheney and George "my National Guard medical records have conveniently been destroyed" Bush putting our troops in harm's way for bogus reasons.
Posted by: polymerase

Re: Unbelievable...what a loser... - 10/20/04 02:53 PM

Didn't Laura Bush T-bone the car of the high school football star when she blew through a stop sign and kill him? Then she was a librarian right? Just trying to get her life experience straight.<br><br><br><br><br>luciferase is a four nineteener
Posted by: Bryan

Re: Unbelievable...what a loser... - 10/20/04 03:48 PM

Well, there are good parents on both sides. <br><br>That said...and this has nothing to do with my original point....there are too many "parents" that have kids like they buy furniture. They think they would be cool to have, then promptly let somebody else raise them. <br><br>Would you let a day care center guard $1 million in cash for you?<br><br>

Re: Unbelievable...what a loser... - 10/20/04 03:49 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Didn't Laura Bush T-bone the car of the high school football star when she blew through a stop sign and kill him? Then she was a librarian right? Just trying to get her life experience straight.<p><hr></blockquote><p>It's a shame she wasn't drunk and then fled the scene after the accident, only to not report it to police for hours afterwards. Just think how much of a darling she'd be to the liberal crowd then. <br><br><br><br><br><br>****************<br><br>[color:blue]VOTE</font color=blue>[color:red] for President George W. Bush on November 2, 2004</font color=red>

Re: Unbelievable...what a loser... - 10/20/04 04:05 PM

&[censored] about Laura or Theresa. Just call me the jackass who likes to derail at least one very stupid thread per day. It's kind of a Boy Scout thing with me. "Do a good turn daily."<br><br><br><br>luciferase is a four nineteener
Posted by: sean

Re: Unbelievable...what a loser... - 10/20/04 04:12 PM

i agree.<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p> Would you let a day care center guard $1 million in cash for you?<br><p><hr></blockquote><p>no, but i also wouldn't let a bank try and provide my children with reading instruction. i take my kids to a preschool, which is really a glorified daycare in the way you probably perceive things. i would not send my kids to a single babysitter-type daycare just because i probably couldn't trust one individual. i like the school we use because they have a lot of play, but the teachers try and facilitate the play and channel or steer it towards specific learning objectives. my daughter was 3 years old when she started reading. i spent a little time with her on it, but the school was reinforcing reading skills and that made my time with my daughter much easier. i can show up at any time at the preschool and watch. i like that it's that open and transparent. there are at least two teachers in every classroom. while my kids don't go every day, i think the socialization and learning skills they get from the preschool are just as valuable as the loving time i spend with them. my knowledge base is probably more advanced in the area of child growth and development, but i also recognize that the teachers at their preschool are certified to teach and receive specialized training and staff development on early childhood curricula. we see the school as providing enrichment activities that might be missed by our own limitations or the routines people tend to fall into. the preschool can supplement our parenting and i think it's an incredibly wise investment for my children.<br><br><br>--<br>one of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato

Re: Unbelievable...what a loser... - 10/20/04 04:15 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Just call me the jackass who likes to derail at least one very stupid thread per day.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Jackass.<br><br>****************<br><br>[color:blue]VOTE</font color=blue>[color:red] for President George W. Bush on November 2, 2004</font color=red>

Re: Unbelievable...what a loser... - 10/20/04 09:24 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>There are no police reports.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Yes there are.<br>Please, please, please try, for once, to get your facts straight before you post.<br><br>No sig right now, waiting for the next Kerry flip-flop. .

Re: Unbelievable...what a loser... - 10/20/04 10:39 PM

&[censored] what Laura or Theresa does or has done. My post was only making fun of the pointlessness of such a stupid thread about what Theresa says.<br><br>As for the police reports. Prove it. Post an original of the police report of when Laura killed that kid when she was in high school. But guess what? I really don't care. Get it?<br><br>See, we are talking about what Theresa said when there are over 1,100 coffins of young kids buried six feet under because we have an idiot for a President who thought he would be a hero for invading Iraq. To me that seems to be a dumb thing to be talking about. Kerry is talking about the Iraq War and we focus on Theresa and the Lynne Cheney is mad she has a lesbian daughter. Get it now?<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>luciferase is a four nineteener
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Unbelievable...what a loser... - 10/21/04 07:08 AM

i think she was just trying to say she's had many more life experiences. teresa has lived a very colorful life... laura has lived what seems to be a pretty sheltered life.<br><br>she did misspeak but i don't think she meant it the way she said it.<br><br>regardless i'd rather have a first lady who speaks her mind than a stepford wife.<br><br>we know they both get botox... at least teresa admits it. <br><br>but whatever. we're voting for president... not for the woman standing by their side.<br><br>
Posted by: trey

Re: Unbelievable...what a loser... - 10/21/04 07:35 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>As for the police reports. Prove it. Post an original of the police report of when Laura killed that kid when she was in high school.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Yeah, I'd like to see that too. Not that I really care, I've just never heard of this accusation and would be interested to hear more about it.<br><br>

Re: Unbelievable...what a loser... - 10/21/04 02:00 PM

The point of the thread is that the country is on the verge of placing two elitist fools in the Whitehouse who could give less than one rats ass about the middle-class. And THK's words are just another pebble in the ocean of their elitist attitude. But, now I see that is why your attacted to them.<br><br>As for the police report...<br>Police report released in 2000<br><br>Lastly if Kerry is elected we'll have 10,000 kids in coffins buried six feet under because Kerry will sellout the security of the US to the whims of the world. He will weaken us as a nation and appease and placate our enemies.<br><br>No sig right now, waiting for the next Kerry flip-flop. .