Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up...

Posted by:

Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up... - 10/19/04 04:40 AM

Requires WMP<br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: polymerase

Re: Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up... - 10/19/04 04:57 AM

It was titled "unnerving video" but it kept getting stuck about 1/3 through the clip before it got to anything unnerving.<br><br>What's the punchline?<br><br><br><br><br>luciferase is a four nineteener
Posted by: MikeSellers

Re: Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up... - 10/19/04 06:24 AM

Nothing unnerving unless watching a man fidget with his hair for three minutes bothers you. The one of Dan Rather is even weirder. I guess he's learned not to do anything unusual when the camera's on you but you're not live. He's like the Sphinx.<br><br>Paul Wolfowitz sticking his comb in his mouth and then running it through his hair is much, much higher on the "unnerving" scale than anything here. <br><br>
Posted by: polymerase

Re: Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up... - 10/19/04 06:29 AM

You forgot to mention the scariest part of the Wolfowitz video. The breakdown frame by frame shows that a forked tongue actually flicks out of his mouth to wet the comb. <br><br><br><br><br>luciferase is a four nineteener
Posted by: MikeSellers

Re: Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up... - 10/19/04 06:32 AM

<br><br>
Posted by: G4Dualie

Re: Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up... - 10/19/04 10:49 AM

Nothings as unnerving? <br><br>How about the guy who is video taping it, or the guy who creates a webpage for it, or some squeemish guy named Harry who adds his commentary to it, and finally it's presented here by some guy who probably doesn't have any hair... <br><br>Obssessed indeed!<br><br>
Posted by: newkojak

Re: Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up... - 10/19/04 02:10 PM

The idea is that it is 'found art.'<br><br>Basically, a bunch of hacks from New York or wherever are trying to do what Marcel DuChamp did, only with satellite feeds. As far as originality goes, it's pretty damn lacking, especially since Michael Moore did the same thing in his last movie. (Moore isn't exactly a fine artist anyway.)<br><br>There is much more entertaining found art out there. I'm not sure the name of the movement exactly, but there are a number of musicians and deejays that have been making statements about copyright law by skirting it with odd remixes and reconstructions of classic albums. The Grey Album is a good example, but not the most enjoyable one.<br><br>-- Charlie Alpha Roger Yankee Whiskey<br>