Team America

Posted by:

Team America - 10/05/04 01:11 PM

Reviews are slowly trickling in. And if they're to be believed, it's gonna rock.<br><br>(I guess this belongs here...)<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Even as we speak, several prominent Hollywood actors may be calling their lawyers to check on slander laws. GLAAD is certainly drafting a press release condemning the film, and North Korean madman Kim Jong II may have a case as well.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Oh yes!<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>But Parker and Stone have also added another element: a team of Hollywood actors who descend on Korea (I think) for a misguided peace conference. The group of air-headed puppets, led by Alec Baldwin, is dubbed the Film Actors Guild (and referred to by its unfortunate acronym).<br><br>Among Baldwin's liberal associates are usual suspects Tim Robbins, Susan Sarandon, Sean Penn, Danny Glover, Janeane Garofalo, George Clooney, Ethan Hawke, Matt Damon and a few who seem like they were thrown in for no reason: Helen Hunt, Samuel L. Jackson and Liv Tyler.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Oh sweet Lord, yes!!<br><br>Ain't It Cool News' Review<br><br>
Posted by: Michael

Re: Team America - 10/05/04 01:30 PM

I read that this morning and when I read "...in its first few minutes offends just about everyone who's watching it." My exact thought was, it's going to be even better than I thought.<br><br>
Posted by: newkojak

Re: Team America - 10/05/04 01:34 PM

I'm a fan of comedy that makes people uncomfortable, but I worry about Matt Stone and Trey Parker. They have made a career out of making the same types of jokes over and over again. Sure, the target might change, but the device stays the same.<br><br>It's probably a bad idea to over-think what the creators of South Park are doing. <br><br>-- Charlie Alpha Roger Yankee Whiskey<br>