Did Kerry cheat at the debates

Posted by: skuldugary

Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 06:47 AM

At the very least, he broke the stated rules. At the most, he cheated.<br><br>In my opinion they were written cards, because you'll notice he looks down at them, I believe to make sure they're right side up.<br><br>Either way, big or small, the man cheated. <br><br>
Posted by: nutty

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 06:56 AM

do drudge started this crap.<br><br>look, there was no cheating. Bush was not on game, so spin it over to cheating. Cmon, rove can do better than this.<br><br>You cant polish a Turd.
Posted by: Pete

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 07:20 AM

I think it's called being educated, being prepared, and actually being able to form a sentence without a balding elderly white-haired gentleman whispering into your earpiece.<br><br>[color:red]C'mon...you know me.</font color=red>
Posted by: Bryan

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 07:20 AM

It was a pen...no story there. <br><br>

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 07:38 AM

There is no spin here. Kerry clearly takes paper out of his jacket. <br><br>Yes or no; do the debate rules state that you can not bring your own material? <br>Yes or no, did Kerry obey the rules?<br><br>Simple. No spin. Kerry cheated.<br><br>
Posted by: polymerase

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 07:51 AM

I thought you were going to say Kerry cheated because he brought his brain with him. It was obvious, as Matt's cartoon depicts, all Bush brought was a tiny CD. Holds about 50 bytes.<br><br>[color:red] It's tough. It's hard work ... gotta be resolute ... it's tough. It's hard work ... </font color=red><br><br>I finally listened to it last night. When he got to the part where he has a meeting with the FBI director [bold] every single morning [/bold] when he was in Washington I started cracking up. This is someone we want to be hob nobbing with pal "Vladmur" for our benefit? <br><br>That's all you got? Kerry brought his own pen? Whatta cheater!<br><br><br><br><br>luciferase is a four nineteener
Posted by: MattMac112

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 07:58 AM

From the rules each candidate agreed on . . . <br><br><blockquote>Each candidate must submit to the staff of the Commission prior to the debate all such paper and any pens or pencils with which a candidate may wish to take notes during the debate, and [color:red]the staff or commission will place such paper, pens and pencils on the podium</font color=red></blockquote><br><br>In other words, there would be no reason for Kerry to have taken *anything* out of his jacket, be it a pen or anything else. <br><br>Interesting. This is the first I've heard of this.<br><br>****************<br><br>[color:blue]VOTE</font color=blue>[color:red] for President George W. Bush on November 2, 2004</font color=red>
Posted by: Michael

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 08:23 AM

He was using an aimbot. I'm sure of it.<br><br>

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 08:32 AM

Look at the video. you will see that he takes out folded paper or cards. <br><br><br>

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 08:34 AM

Hmmmm, one would think being the PRESIDENT for 3 and some odd years would give one some sort of advantage as well...<br><br>Guess he proved us all wrong there. <br><br><br>[color:red]C'mon...you know me.</font color=red>

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 08:41 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Look at the video. you will see that he takes out folded paper or cards.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Yep . . .<br><br><p>High resolution Quicktime MPEG4 (840K).</p><br><br><br>****************<br><br>[color:blue]VOTE</font color=blue>[color:red] for President George W. Bush on November 2, 2004</font color=red>

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 08:46 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p> Look at the video. you will see that he takes out folded paper or cards. <p><hr></blockquote><p>Good grief, I thought this was a joke. You're joking, right?<br><br>How about this:<br><br><br><br>Look at the aluminum tubes. They were for small rockets, not centrifuges. Cheney, Bush, Powell and Rice knew that. They still said, "mushroom cloud" and Saddam is making Nuclear weapons in the drum up to the war.<br><br>Which image should we be concerned about. Kerry cheated! He made our president look stupid! I am afraid he did that all by himself.<br><br><br><br><br>luciferase is a four nineteener
Posted by: Trog

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 08:46 AM

LOL!<br><br>That explains it all!<br><br>

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 09:45 AM

Okay, so when Bush does the slightest thing wrong, it's a major deal, but when Kerry lies about his record, cheats in a debate, well that's okay, it's just a joke.<br><br>So if Kerry became president, and yanks funding for our military, turns our country over to the International Court, and we complain that they are over riding out Bill of Rights, well, that's so minor we MUST be joking.<br><br>When I see how you are blindly following this guy, I have to ask myself, are YOU joking?<br><br>

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 09:53 AM

If you cannot see the difference between sneaking a James Carville crib sheet into the debates and lying about why we invaded a sovereign nation I see no hope for you.<br><br>Actually, I magnified the video even more and Kerry is actually placing his 1st Communion Chaplet onto the podium to ward off the evil cooties emanating from Bush. Kerry is a papist mackerel snapper!!<br><br>Ah, yes, I am always joking. Take that as a given. Winky or no winky. <br><br><br><br><br><br><br>luciferase is a four nineteener

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 09:56 AM

i direct everyone to this thread click me<br><br><br><br>:)<br><br>You cant polish a Turd.
Posted by: squareman

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 10:07 AM

You CANNOT tell what it is that he's taken out of his jacket. It's a talisman for warding off evil spirits for all I know. I don't care how many times you blow up that video and call it high-resolution—you cannot tell what it is. So until you show us some proof, Dan Ratherduggary, don't say he cheated.<br><br>

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 10:09 AM

No, Bush cheated!!<br><br><br><br>Unfortunately for George, the typed up sheet of paper he has in front of him turned out to be the list of golfing buddies he was teeing up with the next morning. (Big oops, Cheney sure was mad.)<br><br>Since we all know George cannot write (and he did not use a pen during the debate) , looking down at this type written sheet is why he almost said "golfing buddies" when he meant to say "Al Quida terrorists"! What did he end up saying? Oh yeah, "bunch of folks".<br><br><br><br><br><br>luciferase is a four nineteener

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 10:23 AM

HAHA!<br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: garyW

Kerry's French-made Secret Debating Decoder Pen - 10/04/04 10:26 AM

<br>John Kerry may have been using the French-made pen "Le Stylo Secret de Debat 500ZX Pro edition" for the first debate.<br><br>The way it works is that what appears to be a simple fountain pen is indeed a major accomplishment in secret debating tools for the 21st Century.<br><br>There are programmable buttons that are on the pen that interface with a wireless LED contact lens that is worn by the pen user.<br><br>With this pen, you can search Google for answers, have the pen write pre-programmed talking points, operate an overhead camera that spies on your opponent's debate notes, a signal squelcher that interrupts earpiece signals worn by your opponent, a thought process scrambler to paralyze your opponent and even a button that accelerates time on your opponent's time clock.<br><br>No wonder Kerry won!<br><br>

Re: Kerry's French-made Secret Debating Decoder Pen - 10/04/04 10:27 AM

Man, this is stimulating some awesome photoshoppery!<br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 11:20 AM

And once again you dodge my question. Don't you guys ever, ever, ever get tired of doing that?<br>I swear, if we had running backs who could doge as well as you guys we'd be in the Super Bowl every year.<br><br>So, avoid the question, but... KERRY CHEATED!!!! He broke the rules of the debate. Not Bushes rules, not the Republican rules, but the rules of the debate committie.<br><br>Now if you care to address that specific FACT and not try to change the subject, distract from it, or overlook it, let me know.<br><br>Otherwise, don't bother posting to this thread. See? I even put in a statement so you can post back telling me that you can post anything you want, and thereby once again, AVOID the fact that Kerry CHEATED. <br><br><br><br>

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 11:29 AM

Seriously, dude, I'm in NO way a blind Kerry supporter but how do we know it wasn't just blank paper he had in his pocket, and he took it out to write on?<br><br>Or maybe it was little personal notes like, "Look Jim in the eye"...<br><br>[color:red]C'mon...you know me.</font color=red>

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 11:31 AM

I dodged the question? No I did not while you have dodged all of mine. Prove to me that mackerel snapper Kerry did not pull out his First Communion Sepulcher as every good Catholic does during debates. He took out a cheat sheet? You have no proof whatsoever. <br><br>Bush stands there with a plainly obvious type written sheet in front of him. He never learned to cover his crib sheet at Yale because no one would dare call a Bush a cheater. <br><br>But those questions are just too silly. You never answered my question. Is this cheating more important then a president lying about aluminum tubes so that he can attack a sovereign nation? That is the news of the day today. But you bring up this silly hand in the pocket thing trying to show why the president came off as such a dolt on Thursday.<br><br>So. I answered your question. Your turn.<br><br>Or just yell, "KERRY CHEATED!" a couple of more times. It's funny.<br><br>luciferase is a four nineteener

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 11:35 AM

Proof from an anonymous academic:<br><br><br><br>luciferase is a four nineteener
Posted by: TheGreatDivide

Florida pal. - 10/04/04 11:50 AM

Who cheated in Florida? Who had Pat 'KKK' Buchanan on a butterfly ballot for Palm Beach???<br>Katherine Harris that's who. Choice Point and whatever database BS co.<br>The Bush 'cheaters Inc.' that's who the fug.<br>Damn shame, we never learn as humans.<br><br>Bush and whomever or whatever corp. is involved IS the weakest link in world peace. Sure those pesky tribes dealing opium in a land far away are just drops in a depleated uranium and guided bomb bucket of sorrow.<br><br>Peace you made-in-China brainiacs you!<br><br>[color:red]!sevaS trA</font color=red>

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 11:52 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Seriously, dude, I'm in NO way a blind Kerry supporter but how do we know it wasn't just blank paper he had in his pocket, and he took it out to write on?<p><hr></blockquote><p>There were rules he agreed upon which covered that scenario . . .<br><br><blockquote>Each candidate must submit to the staff of the Commission prior to the debate all such paper and any pens or pencils with which a candidate may wish to take notes during the debate, and the staff or commission will place such paper, pens and pencils on the podium</blockquote><br><br>****************<br><br>[color:blue]VOTE</font color=blue>[color:red] for President George W. Bush on November 2, 2004</font color=red>

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 11:58 AM

"Kerry Cheated" added to the excuse list:<br><br>Lehrer gave the questions to the Kerry campaign<br>Lehrer gave Kerry 'softball' questions<br>Bush was exhasted from helping hurricane victims<br>Bush's bullet proof jacket was heavy<br>Bush's earpiece malfunctioned ("Let me finish!) <br><br><br><br>Even the New York Post writes that Kerry pulled a pen out of his pocket. <br>

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 12:04 PM

Yes, by all means let's cane him for that.<br><br>I'm sorry, but this ranks right up there with the Yankees calling for a forfeit when the Devil Rays didn't show up on time to their game because of a hurricane..<br><br>and I'm a Yankees fan! <br><br>[color:red]C'mon...you know me.</font color=red>

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 12:12 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Yes, by all means let's cane him for that.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Who said anything about "caning" him? I'm just pointing out that, as per the written and agreed upon rules, there was *nothing* he should've taken out of his pocket and put on the podium.<br><br>****************<br><br>[color:blue]VOTE</font color=blue>[color:red] for President George W. Bush on November 2, 2004</font color=red>
Posted by: Michael

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 12:17 PM

I think that is the best one. <br><br>

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 12:18 PM

And what I'M asking, as someone who doesn't have his head up one candidate's ass or the other, is if you honestly thought that should be considered 'cheating'?<br><br>What would you suggest as a disciplinary action then?<br><br>[color:red]C'mon...you know me.</font color=red>
Posted by: sean

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 12:32 PM

i would have posted that here if i'd checked here first. fits right in. <br><br>i can't believe this is actually being discussed. <br><br><br>--<br>one of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 12:33 PM

Nude Debates!! well see who really pulls something out their a$$ ;)<br><br>so is everyone mad that the media didnt play by the rules? they showed split screen (gasp) and reactions (oh my) face it we have a mpeg video severely blown up and no proof of anything except drudge firing up the talking point machine instead of focusing on the issues!!<br><br>People we are looking at issues not at some BS thing like this, once again we shouldnt even be debating, this, but hey anything to distract from the ISSUES in america today.<br><br>You cant polish a Turd.

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 12:35 PM

I GUARAN-DAMN-TEE Hannity is beating this to death as we speak.<br><br>[color:red]C'mon...you know me.</font color=red>

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 12:37 PM

you mean Roves biatch?<br><br>You cant polish a Turd.

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 12:51 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>And what I'M asking, as someone who doesn't have his head up one candidate's ass or the other, is if you honestly thought that should be considered 'cheating'?<p><hr></blockquote><p>It's sad that a person's support of a Presidential candidate is negatively termed "having one's head up the candidates ass." By all means, people that support President Bush are just worthless pieces of [censored], right? <br><br>That said, I don't know if Kerry cheated or not. I DO know that by pulling *something* out of his pocket and placing it on the podium, he violated the very rules he agreed upon. And now it's introduced doubt as to whether or not he cheated. <br><br>As for disciplinary action? Who knows. You tell me.<br><br>****************<br><br>[color:blue]VOTE</font color=blue>[color:red] for President George W. Bush on November 2, 2004</font color=red>
Posted by: trey

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 12:59 PM

OKay, first of all, do you really think that you're the only person that saw him taking the item out? Do you think that there were no people (Bush's folks, moderators, et al) at the "debate" that saw him take it out? Why didn't they say something? could it be because it wasn't a big deal? MAybe they knew what it was.<br><br>Or, I guess that maybe at some point, just before the debate started, all the official "rule keeping guys" went out for a Big Mac. Or maybe Popeye's. And kerry was like:<br><br>"Oh yeah, baby! Time to sneak in my copy of Cliff's notes for Presidential debates in the early twenty-first century."<br><br>

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 12:59 PM

Allow me to clarify my statement in less offensive terms: "Speaking as one who doesn't strongly support either candidate".<br><br>That better? <br><br>[color:red]C'mon...you know me.</font color=red>
Posted by: six_of_one

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 01:09 PM

Well, considering you don't really know for sure what he had, difinitively stating that Kerry cheated is inappropriate at this time, IMHO ...<br><br>Has anybody considered that whatever it was was examined and vetted by the debate officials? That everybody there already KNEW what it was, so it was no big deal? has anybody even bothered to ask the Kerry or Bush camps about this?<br><br>Tempest in a teapot for now ...<br><br>***matt<br><br>Turn up the signal, wipe out the noise ...
Posted by: sean

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 01:25 PM

the fact that this is running wild through blogs and online forums and not in the mainstream media (drudge is not mainstream and fox news would be expected to run with rumor if they're promoting it) is pretty telling. i can't find anything credible on news.google.com. unless you find juicenewsdaily credible. the new york post is the only source i even recognize and they have never been credible, to my knowledge. <br><br><br>--<br>one of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 02:06 PM

I've reread your post. Unless you wrote in invisible digital ink, I don't see where you said, 'Yes, Kerry broke the rules.'<br><br>I do see you over and over again, trying to point to something unrelated to this post, in a sorry attempt to distract from the facts. <br><br>Nice try, but so many of you guys play that one trick pony to death. Just like Kerry, it is impossible for you to asnwer a smiple yes or no question.<br><br>

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 02:09 PM

And I can't belive you are not holding Kerry to a higher standard for the office of the President, but I can only wonder that people who support Kerry will overlook anything so long as he gets into office.<br><br>

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 02:19 PM

OK, did he break the rules?<br><br>maybe - we have no idea what was in the pocket there is no evidence. In a court of law the prosecution would lose this argument.<br><br><br><br>Now lets talk who is gonna help get the US out of the mess of Iraq and the economy here at home, instead of picking apart a blurry image of a debate that isnt even a crime.<br><br>You cant polish a Turd.
Posted by: TreeBeard

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 02:27 PM

A very good point.<br><br><br>but where will we be when the future comes?

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 02:37 PM

I give you credit for at least saying, 'maybe'.<br><br>This thread isn't about Iraq. It's about Kerry breaking the rules of the debate. Where there is smoke there is fire and if Kerry is incapable of following such simple rules, then how can we trust him to follow the big rules?<br><br>easy answer. We can't. <br><br>As for Iraq, I'd like you to show me that Kerry would not have done the same thing as Bush. In the face of numerous quotes of Kerry saying that the Iraq war was the right thing to do.<br><br>"I decided the right action was in Iraq. My opponent calls it a mistake. It wasn't a mistake. <br><br>He said I misled on Iraq. I don't think he was misleading when he called Iraq a grave threat in the fall of 2002. <br><br>I don't think he was misleading when he said that it was right to disarm Iraq in the spring of 2003. <br><br>I don't think he misled you when he said that, you know, anyone who doubted whether the world was better off without Saddam Hussein in power didn't have the judgment to be president. I don't think he was misleading."<br><br>By Kerrys own words, he doesn't have the judgement to be President.<br><br>

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 02:43 PM

Gosh haven't you ever gone to take out your handkerchief and then think better of snotting your nose in front of the cameras?<br><br>Get off this horse .. you are flogging it to death.<br>Anyone still supporting Bush after all he has lied and cheated about could not get respect anywhere. Trying to flog off this argument is just beyond the pale. <br><br>The debate was supposed to be a debate. The only debatable issue on the day was GWB's performance. He is simply incapable of debating and simply incapable of running a nation, let alone his world government bulldust. <br><br>This argument you have gone on and on about is absolute bollocks and if it is the best the Bush supporters can do .. then bye bye Georgie. Now lets get back to resolving worldwide and domestic issues of real importance.. Like getting the superglue off Bush's seat in the whitehouse.. <br><br><br>but where will we be when the future comes?

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 02:45 PM

You don't know what he took out of his pocket.<br><br>What part of that sentence don't you understand? <br><br>Maybe it was a vibrator? Were those on the list of things that are against the rules also, cause it looks to me like he was turning it off as he placed it on the podium.<br><br>

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 02:46 PM

Sorry, but you are the one that is misled. <br><br>Please please anybody .. but Bush.<br>Even Michael Jackson could do a more credible job than Bush .. At least he wouldn't kill the innocent children.<br><br><br>but where will we be when the future comes?

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 02:48 PM

i cant show you how kerry would have done different because he wasnt Commander in Chief.<br><br>Bush relied on Horrible intelligence for the invasion of Iraq. and the buck stops there. <br>The facts are, we are in Iraq losing people everyday and we need a way to get out, something the administration hasnt had a plan for since day 1. <br><br>As far as the debates go you never answered the question of Did Fox news cheat? they disregarded the rules of the debate, why arent you screaming about them? <br><br><br>Also, why did no one in the whole debate arena see this? cmon, you know everyone was watching each candidate like a hawk.<br><br>You cant polish a Turd.

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 02:52 PM

are you joking?<br><br>and the bush supporters haven't overlooked about four billion MAJOR blunders by their dahling?<br><br>like I said .. stop flogging this issue in public. Even Bush would be ashamed if he saw this thread. You aren't going to get a tax cut for this performance .. <br><br><br>but where will we be when the future comes?

Re: Florida pal. - 10/04/04 02:56 PM

Don't worry .. by the time God is finished with Florida there won't be any support for Bush's brother<br><br><br>but where will we be when the future comes?

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 03:05 PM

where is all the "outrage" about this :<br><br><br><br><br>'Now let me finish!" was he telling Karl or Karen to let him finish his statement.... because the light wasn't even yellow and there was no one interrupting him. Tin foil hat time <br><br> <br><br>

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 03:06 PM

OMG, he had a vibrator too! <br><br>
Posted by: rman

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 03:11 PM

Looks like the controls to the George bot.<br><br>[color:purple]We're building up or tearing down In everything we do;<br>Are you on the construction gang Or on the wrecking crew? - Anon</font color=purple>

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 03:25 PM

According to everything Kerry has been quoted as saying, he was for the war, for removing the threat, for getting rid of Saddam, and for using force. <br><br>He was using the exact same intelligence that Bush was using. He's even said so.<br><br>As for what's going on now, there's a big difference between what's actually going on and what the liberial media is reporting. I know soldiers over there. My friends uncle has served there for over a year. Those people are saying that we are making progress every day. <br><br>Pulling out now would save a few lives today and guarentee 10 times as many lives would be lost in the following year. You have to be able to destroy terrorists before they get into your yard. Not everyone is able to understand that people die in war. Yes war is a terrible thing, so is 3000 + people being crushed, burned to death, and plummeting to their deaths in less than 30 minutes INSIDE the United States. Which would you choose?<br><br>

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 03:58 PM

I'd choose to go after the murdering bastards that caused 9-11, not Iraq!<br><br>i too have friends in the military and know people serving in Iraq, the one statement i hear again and again is "i just want to come home, alive"<br><br>You cant polish a Turd.

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/04/04 04:14 PM

another very good point.. <br><br><br>but where will we be when the future comes?

Re: Did Kerry cheat at the debates - 10/05/04 02:43 PM

Everyone want to come home alive. Some people serving over there see a bigger picture and didn't join up just to get a free education. Calm down, I'm not trying to suggest that discription fits your friends.<br><br>Talk to a professional soldier, special forces, seals, what have you and you'll get a broader view of what's going on there and not just, "I want to save my own skin".<br><br>