Fahrenheit 9/11 ?

Posted by: Anonymous

Fahrenheit 9/11 ? - 10/02/04 04:55 PM

Do any of you think Fahrenheit 9/11 will have any effect on the elections? <br>DVD comes out on Oct 5!!<br><br>
Posted by: Michael

Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 ? - 10/02/04 05:17 PM

No<br><br>
Posted by:

Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 ? - 10/02/04 05:25 PM

It didn't really sway anybody either way when it was in theaters. I doubt the DVD will do much more.<br><br>
Posted by: garyW

Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 ? - 10/02/04 05:30 PM

Yes, because Michael Moore will asked to talk about it, and he will, a lot. That's air-time that's not going to be about bashing John Kerry.<br><br>

Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 ? - 10/02/04 05:35 PM

Have any of you seen the movie and if so what did you think of it? <br><br>
Posted by: SlapLeather

Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 ? - 10/02/04 05:50 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Have any of you seen the movie and if so what did you think of it?<p><hr></blockquote><p>Yes, it passed the "global test", it's as legit as they get.<br><br><br><br>got to let your eyes adjust
Posted by: garyW

Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 ? - 10/02/04 06:12 PM

yes, what he said. <br><br><br>Yes I saw it and thought it was well done. Not perfect, but it brought a lot of important issues up front for people to consider. As a documentary film, the content and its relevance to our lives today, I agree with the acclaim it has received.<br><br>I am looking forward to seeing 'Going Upriver' next week. <br><br>
Posted by: polymerase

Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 ? - 10/02/04 06:14 PM

Yes, my 15 year old son and I saw it. As we left the theater we both wondered why Bush, Cheny, Ashcroft, Rumsfield, Wolfowitz and Perle were not in jail already.<br><br><br><br><br><br>luciferase is a four nineteener

Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 ? - 10/02/04 06:27 PM

Yes it was definitely a very powerful film. It made me laugh,it made me cry,it made me angry but the most important thing it made me do is "think" and ask myself what the hell is going on and where are we going with this war? Why are we there? Why is it just us if Iraq was such a threat?<br><br>
Posted by: SlapLeather

Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 ? - 10/02/04 07:00 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Why are we there? Why is it just us if Iraq was such a threat?<p><hr></blockquote><p>WHAT? Didn't you take the "global test"?<br><br>WE EAT OIL-FOR-FOOD!<br><br><br><br>got to let your eyes adjust
Posted by: newkojak

Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 ? - 10/02/04 07:34 PM

I doubt it will have an effect, much like the Kitty Kelly book. I'm more of the belief that people will change their minds for themselves when they feel they have a complete picture. People are so media savvy these days that they see Michael Moore's work as an advertisement for the Democratic Party. The debate was a success for John Kerry, not only because he performed well, but because he performed well with no apparent help.<br><br>Moore is a single source guy. That's fine as a document of his own thinking, but does not do much for people looking to make up their own mind.<br><br>-- Charlie Alpha Roger Yankee Whiskey<br>
Posted by: squareman

Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 ? - 10/03/04 08:51 AM

Just saw it. Don't think it will be swaying any votes. Most of the folks that see it already hate Bush. Those that love Bush want to dismiss it as 100% lies and inaccuracies. Those that are somewhere in the middle probably hear nothing but noise from the polar opposites.<br><br>