Debate . . .

Posted by: MattMac112

Debate . . . - 09/30/04 06:25 PM

30 minute check in . . . <br><br>Kerry is winning this debate, hands down, right now. <br><br>****************<br><br>[color:blue]VOTE</font color=blue>[color:red] for President George W. Bush on November 2, 2004</font color=red>
Posted by: Bryan

Re: Debate . . . - 09/30/04 06:26 PM

Hands-down...Kerry is winning. Bush looks unprepared. <br><br>

Re: Debate . . . - 09/30/04 06:29 PM

Very much so . . . It's inexcusable to come in to a debate like this and not be prepared. <br><br>Kerry is asking for the job. <br><br>****************<br><br>[color:blue]VOTE</font color=blue>[color:red] for President George W. Bush on November 2, 2004</font color=red>

Re: Debate . . . - 09/30/04 06:30 PM

Kerry is just destroying him...this isn't even close. <br><br>
Posted by: sean

Re: Debate . . . - 09/30/04 06:31 PM

i am just starting as i am on tivo. i feel like i am about to watch the final four. this is exciting. i am not going to read this thread until it's over, but i wanted to open it and hit reply.<br><br><br>--<br>one of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato

Re: Debate . . . - 09/30/04 06:34 PM

Yep . . . Kerry looks more Presidential . . . Sounds more Presidential . . . <br><br>****************<br><br>[color:blue]VOTE</font color=blue>[color:red] for President George W. Bush on November 2, 2004</font color=red>

Re: Debate . . . - 09/30/04 06:35 PM

<br>Bush is on the defensive...from the first question, Kerry is in charge of this debate. <br><br>

Re: Debate . . . - 09/30/04 06:37 PM

Bush is repeating himself . . . You're right, he sounds very defensive and out of control. <br><br>****************<br><br>[color:blue]VOTE</font color=blue>[color:red] for President George W. Bush on November 2, 2004</font color=red>

Re: Debate . . . - 09/30/04 06:45 PM

<br>I can barely watch...it's like Bush is faking it, and Kerry is just so well-prepared....it's like Kerry got the questions in advance and Bush didn't. <br><br>

Re: Debate . . . - 09/30/04 06:48 PM

Look, as a Bush supporter, I have no problems giving Kerry all the credit in the world in this debate. <br><br>Bush needs to concede the debate and go sit down.<br><br>****************<br><br>[color:blue]VOTE</font color=blue>[color:red] for President George W. Bush on November 2, 2004</font color=red>
Posted by: dekker_rk

Re: Debate . . . - 09/30/04 06:49 PM

This is like a train wreck.....Bush seems very unprepared.<br><br><br><br>"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding." Albert Einstein <br> <br><br><br>

Re: Debate . . . - 09/30/04 07:02 PM

This is the worst debate performance I have ever seen....this makes Gerald Ford in 1976 look astute. <br><br>
Posted by: AfterTenSoftware

Re: Debate . . . - 09/30/04 07:05 PM

Bush is a horrible public speaker. Always has been. I just said to my wife he sounds OK when his train of thought gets going but his switching station is very slow.<br><br>But as expected neither have anything really new to say. I didn't read about the format so I was surprised there was a 90 second followup and a possible 30 second extension. Make it more fun to watch with the back an forth.<br><br>No sig right now, waiting for the next Kerry flip-flop. .
Posted by: Trog

Re: Debate . . . - 09/30/04 07:22 PM

I thought Bush was making a comeback after about 30min, but he's really floundering now. I wonder what happened.<br><br><br>I'm sick to death of Kerry bringing up Vietnam and sick to death of Bush bringing up 'flip-flop'.<br><br>

Re: Debate . . . - 09/30/04 07:32 PM

Here comes the analysis and spin! Lord help me.<br><br>-----<br><br><br><br>No sig right now, waiting for the next Kerry flip-flop. .

Re: Debate . . . - 09/30/04 07:54 PM

I'm a Bush supporter, I'll remain a Bush supporter and I'll still vote for President Bush. But, this is what you get sometimes with him. I remember feeling the same way after the first debate in 2000. Not a good performance then, not a good performance tonight. My compliments go to Kerry for winnning the debate. <br><br>The next debate is a Town Hall style and Bush is better at that sort of format. So we'll see. <br><br>****************<br><br>[color:blue]VOTE</font color=blue>[color:red] for President George W. Bush on November 2, 2004</font color=red>
Posted by: Trog

Re: Debate . . . - 09/30/04 08:00 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Lord help me.<p><hr></blockquote><p>My "spin" stops there. See, Dean, all you had to do was ask the right guy! <br><br>
Posted by: TheGreatDivide

Re: Debate . . . Masturbate what's the difference? - 09/30/04 08:02 PM

Debate this:<br><br><br>[color:red]!sevaS trA</font color=red>

Re: Debate . . . Masturbate what's the difference? - 09/30/04 08:12 PM

Why isn't there a "smiley" for the motion and sound you make when you put your index finger horizontally between your lips, move it up and down quickly and hum. I need that smiley now.<br><br>No sig right now, waiting for the next Kerry flip-flop. .
Posted by: Pete

Re: Debate . . . - 10/01/04 07:34 AM

Ok, I'll weigh in with some semi-non-partisan observations:<br><br>- Kerry was definitely a better speaker, and sounded very focused- much more so than he has been on the campaign trail and in various interviews. Funny how when someone gets the chance to speak their mind in public, without the press over-analyzing every single word, they sound a lot better.<br><br>- Bush, as Chris Berman might put it, was STUMBLIN' RUMBLIN' FUMBLIN'....looked as if he just read a few quick index cards on the ride over. Kept repeating himself- if I heard the phrase 'a free Iraq' one more time I was going to shoot myself. Luckily I had the Yankees game to flip to occasionally. <br><br>- Kerry still doesn't quite have that emotional appeal that I think a lot of people are looking for. Bush has that 'let me give it to you straight' quality that an awful lot of people admire, and that's what will garner him an awful lot of votes come November...<br><br>- Bush acted like he didn't want to be there, and almost as if he didn't HAVE to be there, and seemed insulted when it came to anything having to do with Iraq. It was as if he wanted to precede each statement with, "I've only told you a THOUSAND times, (fill in blank)"<br><br>- Reactions: Kerry played it smart by not even looking up while the president was speaking. Bush, on the other hand, looked like he was going to roll his eyes at any minute every time Kerry answered a question. Bush also looked like he was waiting for some sort of reaction from the crowd- I'm sure he would get a huge ovation out on the campaign for using some of the lines he did, but he just looked *really* awkward taking those pauses when there was nothing but dead silence to accompany it..<br><br>I didn't need to read anything on here or anywhere else to know that Kerry did sound a lot more 'presidential' than Bush, but I don't think that's Bush's appeal to the voters. He has that 'folksy', 'backyard BBQ' kind of quality that a lot of people want in a president. They want someone who seems genuine and honest with them.<br><br>And regardless of what Bush MAY have lied about, he's obviously either fooling an awful lot of people, or they just don't care.<br><br>Kerry still has to convince a lot of folks that he is as determined in keeping this country safe as Bush claims to want to do. I think he needs to break down some of his intellectual barriers and appeal more to the heart of the voters rather than the minds. <br><br>We'll see how the next debate goes....<br><br>[color:red]C'mon...you know me.</font color=red>