Good for the networks

Posted by: Bryan

Good for the networks - 09/28/04 08:25 PM

Just say no to the joint press conference<br><br>We need real debates, not a dog and pony show hammered out by a bunch of lawyers...<br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: Good for the networks - 09/28/04 08:47 PM

No kidding! The "temperature of the room, the type of paper used??" What a bunch of crap. <br>The thing that pisses me off the most though, is that at the "town hall" debates the people asking the questions have to submit the exact question beforehand. What kind of scripted BS is that? This isn't a press conference, its a debate for the public!! <br><br>
Posted by: sean

Re: Good for the networks - 09/28/04 08:47 PM

it is quite pathetic. i want to see them challenging each other and having time for cross examinations, etc. this really is a joint press conference and we'll hear a few attempts to steal the one-liner award, but the rest will be stump speeches 101.<br><br><br>--<br>one of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
Posted by: drjohn

Re: Good for the networks - 09/28/04 09:24 PM

As long as "debates" seem to be in vogue, they should be held with no visuals...like on the radio only. For me it doesn't really matter though because I never watch or listen to them. It's all a dog and phoney show <br><br>
Posted by: nutty

Re: Good for the networks - 09/29/04 07:14 AM

i couldnt agree more.<br><br>now if we could get the press in iraq to actually leave the green zone and report on whats really going on over there i'd have a bit more faith in journalists in this country.<br><br>You cant polish a Turd.
Posted by: six_of_one

Re: Good for the networks - 09/29/04 05:34 PM

Amen!<br><br>I'll prolly tune in for a bit tomorrow night, just to se how large a train wreck it's going to be ... fortunately, Survivor will have already aired so I will have already had my dose of reality for the evening ;-)<br><br>***matt<br><br>Turn up the signal, wipe out the noise ...