What If . . .

Posted by: MattMac112

What If . . . - 09/20/04 12:31 PM

. . . It had been Britt Hume and not Dan Rather . . . and it was Fox News and not CBS . . . and it was John Kerry and not President Bush . . . <br><br>Can you i - m - a - g - i - n - e the gnashing of teeth and the wails of injustice that would be pouring in from the left? I mean, you have a candidate in John Kerry who rubber-stamps any criticism of him as "attacks." Nevermind the fact that he calls the President of the United States a liar almost daily (and those aren't attacks). Matter of fact, it was Dan Rather who called Dick Cheney a "hitman" not long ago on the CBS Evening Kerry, yet it's the Republicans who are always "on the attack." <br><br><br>****************<br><br>[color:blue]VOTE</font color=blue>[color:red] for President George W. Bush on November 2, 2004</font color=red>
Posted by: sean

Re: What If . . . - 09/20/04 12:38 PM

yeah, i'd stop watching fox ne . . . nevermind. 86 on this response. <br><br><br>--<br>one of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
Posted by: Michael

Re: What If . . . - 09/20/04 01:05 PM

Imagine what would happen if someone committed a crime and tried to influence the outcome of a presidential election like Watergate? Ohhhh never mind <br><br>
Posted by: garyW

Re: What If . . . - 09/20/04 01:17 PM

I think in the Rather case, both left and right award him an honorary Robert Novak "Douchebag of Liberty" medal. Are you somehow implying with your statement that there hasn't been enough "teeth gnashing and wails of injustice" this last week? <br><br>And in your senario about turning the table on the situation.... I think the whole Swift Boat Vets for Truth was a month-long binge by Fox, much of it based on hearsay, 3rd-party accusations and outright lies. Hume and Smith reported the SBVT 'news' and everytime I saw them they sure seemed to include a lot of their own quips and Kerry slams. The din caused by rightwing radio and all of the GOP surrogates on every TV talk show drowned out every voice asking for some accuracy in many of the claims. <br><br><br>( PLEASE, I beg you not to respond with a cut and paste list of SBVT claims against Kerry here, it's not why I brought it up in this thread.)<br><br>
Posted by: nutty

Re: What If . . . - 09/20/04 03:30 PM

Imagine going to War over WMDs and there none, think about it.<br><br><br><br>You cant polish a Turd.