poor kid caught up in the RNC

Posted by: nutty

poor kid caught up in the RNC - 09/05/04 11:34 AM

wrong place at the wrong time<br><br>hope this kid gets the charges dropped.<br><br>You cant polish a Turd.
Posted by: garyW

and the one that got away - 09/05/04 11:58 AM

Andy Card's speech to the Republican Youth group was interrupted by protest. (NOTE: I believe that the protests inside the RNC were wrong, disrespectful and inexcusable).<br><br>What followed was caught on tape of a young Republican kicking the woman protester while on the ground. I think he should have had his butt hauled off to jail.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: and the one that got away - 09/05/04 12:30 PM

dumb kid. every side of the fence has assholes, some just get caught on tape sooner<br><br>You cant polish a Turd.
Posted by: Michael

Re: poor kid caught up in the RNC - 09/05/04 01:52 PM

Me thinks his hair length was the cause of some prejudice. I gues they should have done like the Democrats and set up a "free speech zone". <br><br>
Posted by: garyW

Re: poor kid caught up in the RNC - 09/05/04 02:26 PM

Michael, you're probably right on that one. I didn't notice the photo when I read the article but I went back to check it out. I bet the Secret Service grabbed him not only because he was near the protesters but because he didn't "look Republican"! <br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Bryan

Re: poor kid caught up in the RNC - 09/05/04 04:18 PM

Hopefully the press coverage will get the charges dropped. A felony can haunt you for life. <br><br>

Re: poor kid caught up in the RNC - 09/05/04 04:25 PM

pinko commie lib....err.<br><br>You cant polish a Turd.
Posted by: squareman

Re: poor kid caught up in the RNC - 09/05/04 04:37 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Hopefully the press coverage will get the charges dropped. A felony can haunt you for life. <p><hr></blockquote><p>Felony charges against protesters are almost always dropped (unless the protesters were non-peaceable) after the fact. The charges are brought so you can arrest and book them (and get them out of the hair of the affected status quo). Charges are later dropped because the charges rarely would hold up in court (First Amendment and all, y'know ) unless a protester was not cooperative with arresting officers or otherwise broke other laws.<br><br>
Posted by: sean

Re: poor kid caught up in the RNC - 09/05/04 07:04 PM

actually, there was one, but it was small and the number of protesters wanting to be heard was in the hundreds and hundreds of thousands. <br><br>"Tribal sovereignty means that, it's sovereign. You're a—you've been given sovereignty, and you're viewed as a sovereign entity. And, therefore, the relationship between the federal government and tribes is one between sovereign entities." dubya 8.6.04