It's hard to criticize John Kerry these days.

Posted by: SlapLeather

It's hard to criticize John Kerry these days. - 09/03/04 07:51 PM

JOHN FORBES DUKAKIS <br><br><br>Sen. John Kerry is angry at the way his campaign has botched the attacks from the Swift boat veterans and has ordered a staff shakeup that will put former Clinton aides in top positions.<br><br>"The candidate is furious," a longtime senior Kerry adviser told the Daily News.  "He knows the campaign was wrong.  He wanted to go after the Swift boat attacks, but his top aides said no."<br><br>I'm reminded of the old Saturday Night Live skit involving a debate between Michael Dukakis, played by Jon Lovitz, and George H.W. Bush, played by Dana Carvey.  At one point, Lovitz/Dukakis turns to the camera and says, "I can't believe I'm losing to this guy!"  I guess if it were remade for this election, Kerry would be turning to the camera and saying, "I can't believe my staff is losing to this guy!"<br><br>One question for voters -- among many, many others that we're apparently not supposed to be asking -- is this:  If Kerry can't run a campaign, how can he run the Presidency?<br><br><br><br><br>got to let your eyes adjust
Posted by: Michael

Re: It's hard to criticize John Kerry these days. - 09/03/04 07:54 PM

If Kerry can't run a campaign, how can he run the Presidency?<br><br>Well that is the 87 billion dollar question isn't it?<br><br>
Posted by: MattMac112

Re: It's hard to criticize John Kerry these days. - 09/03/04 08:46 PM

Or . . . is it? <br><br>****************<br><br>[color:blue]VOTE</font color=blue>[color:red] for President George W. Bush on November 2, 2004</font color=red>
Posted by: sean

Re: It's hard to criticize John Kerry these days. - 09/03/04 09:00 PM

i think the premise is wrong. kerry largely runs his own campaign with some advisors off in the shadows. we all know that dubya's campaign is steered by karl rove and rove does a masterful job, no doubt. kerry doesn't have a rove. i wish he had james carville pulling some strings, but he only has bob schrumm writing some speeches, but nobody making decisions. if the story quoted in the first post is true, then it's about time that kerry let someone create the issues and make strategic decisions so kerry can focus on the appearances and issues.<br><br>"Tribal sovereignty means that, it's sovereign. You're a—you've been given sovereignty, and you're viewed as a sovereign entity. And, therefore, the relationship between the federal government and tribes is one between sovereign entities." dubya 8.6.04

Re: It's hard to criticize John Kerry these days. - 09/03/04 09:01 PM

What is ol' carville doing these days?<br><br>

Re: It's hard to criticize John Kerry these days. - 09/03/04 09:04 PM

<br><br><br>
Posted by: sean

Re: It's hard to criticize John Kerry these days. - 09/03/04 09:09 PM

not enough, obviously. <br><br>"Tribal sovereignty means that, it's sovereign. You're a—you've been given sovereignty, and you're viewed as a sovereign entity. And, therefore, the relationship between the federal government and tribes is one between sovereign entities." dubya 8.6.04
Posted by: drjohn

Re: It's hard to criticize John Kerry these days. - 09/04/04 12:43 AM

Making Mary?<br><br>