Humanity

Posted by: SlapLeather

Humanity - 09/03/04 04:52 PM

Should the "Radical Islamic" carnage in Russia, killing more than 200, receive more "Press Coverage" than Abu Grahib?<br><br>got to let your eyes adjust
Posted by: greenme1

Re: Humanity - 09/03/04 05:35 PM

Yes.<br><br>(short and sweet ) <br><br>
Posted by: srumrill

Re: Humanity - 09/03/04 06:26 PM

It should. But unfortunately, it won't. <br><br>
Posted by: sean

Re: Humanity - 09/03/04 07:32 PM

no. while this was the most unfortunate happening, there were hundreds of thousands of people, including thousands and thousands of children being killed in sudan and that received very little coverage. this russian story should be big, but the abu grahib story was our own doing and threatened our ability to complete our mission in iraq (if we have a mission) and caused us to lose much trust.<br><br>"Tribal sovereignty means that, it's sovereign. You're a—you've been given sovereignty, and you're viewed as a sovereign entity. And, therefore, the relationship between the federal government and tribes is one between sovereign entities." dubya 8.6.04
Posted by: Michael

Re: Humanity - 09/03/04 07:37 PM

including thousands and thousands of children being killed in sudan<br><br>Was that when Clinton was bombing in the Sudan? <br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Humanity - 09/03/04 08:12 PM

No, it's when we are ignoring the genocide taking place right now.<br><br>
Posted by: sean

Re: Humanity - 09/03/04 08:18 PM

well, it's sad stuff no matter who is president and our media largely ignores it because they'd rather hype a story about some unknown pregnant woman who was murdered by her husband and give us hundreds of hours of coverage on it instead. pathetic.<br><br>"Tribal sovereignty means that, it's sovereign. You're a—you've been given sovereignty, and you're viewed as a sovereign entity. And, therefore, the relationship between the federal government and tribes is one between sovereign entities." dubya 8.6.04
Posted by: MattMac112

Re: Humanity - 09/03/04 08:19 PM

Forget the radical terrorists killing children in Russia, the REAL DANGER is those Christian bible-thumpers from Pennsylvania to Idaho!! Church services every Sunday .. SCARY STUFF!!<br><br>The world ain't safe I tell ya! <br><br>****************<br><br>[color:blue]VOTE</font color=blue>[color:red] for President George W. Bush on November 2, 2004</font color=red>
Posted by: SlapLeather

Re: Humanity - 09/03/04 08:25 PM

"No, it's when we are ignoring the genocide taking place right now."<br><br>Any idea who could be condoning this genocide?<br><br>got to let your eyes adjust
Posted by: AfterTenSoftware

Re: Humanity - 09/03/04 08:47 PM

Aren't we doing everything we can? If not, what do you think we should be doing?<br><br>Dean Davis<br><br>-----<br>"I think it was the right decision to disarm Saddam Hussein. And when the president made the decision, I supported him, and I support the fact that we did disarm him." -- John Kerry (D) - May 3, 2003
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Humanity - 09/03/04 09:00 PM

Sorry to have been so general. Following the meandering path of posts is hard, but I meant to respond to the spirit of the initial post, which was about reporting news events. There is almost no coverage at all of the Sudanese disaster. I'm talking local newspaper stuff, which is what I read. Lehrer has done some coverage, although not recently, and in doing so has represented the kind of political pressures that our government, and others, have tried to exert. I don't know the complexities of all this stuff, quite frankly, but do remember that the Sudan used to be a British colony, and perhaps the British are doing what they can, as the French often do in their ex-colonies. Again, I don't know. My ignorance may be a mark of laziness, but it has something to do with what the news agencies don't think worthy of much coverage.<br><br>