want to make a hackintosh

Posted by: legomactrumpet

want to make a hackintosh - 01/25/09 07:47 AM

I'm looking at a hp laptop with amd turion 64 x2 dual core and immediately thought hack, hack, hack! i know about bit torrent and the leopard downloads but i was concerned with the differences of amd and intel, any comments or should i just go with it?
Posted by: manhackman

Re: want to make a hackintosh - 01/30/09 09:49 AM

google osx86 and check the compatibility charts on their wiki. Lots of info on what works and what doesn't, but keep in mind that it isn't completely up to date.
Posted by: TCPMeta

Re: want to make a hackintosh - 05/12/09 04:41 AM

Good luck, only a handful of AMD products work.
Posted by: iBookdude458

Re: want to make a hackintosh - 05/12/09 07:16 AM

If you can go intel , then by all means go intel.

like TCPMeta said only a handful of AMD products work.

You will have an easier time getting it working on intel hardware.

find a laptop with an intel CPU and intel chipset but I think maybe even a nvidia nforce may work because the new macbook pros use those.

the main thing to keep in mind is that apple designed OS X to work with Intel CPUs
and PPC cpus, so it will work best with those as opposed to AMD.
Posted by: TCPMeta

Re: want to make a hackintosh - 05/13/09 08:48 AM

Depends on the nForce chipset. The what I call "aftermarket kernels" support nForce chipsets but you'll still run into problems like ethernet, wireless and sound. People that do use AMD products use desktops and drop in compatible parts to bypass the stuff that isn't compatible. For all you know you might end up having just the basic hardware like VESA video, storage, optical and keyboard.