Build AppleScript to record tv show and send it to my nokia s40 phone

Posted by: kickassimacg5

Build AppleScript to record tv show and send it to my nokia s40 phone - 02/10/07 05:10 PM

I have an iMac G5 (20" 2.0ghz), an EyeTV Wonder TV tuner with EyeTV 1.7 and a Nokia 6280 (a 6265 which runs on GSM and UMTS networks) and I want to send the morning news to my phone when I'm at work so I can watch it on break. I know EyeTV allows export to 3GP files and my iMac has Skype on it. Can someone give me help on writing a script for it?
Posted by: TCPMeta

Re: Build AppleScript to record tv show and send it to my nokia s40 phone - 02/15/07 05:29 AM

I've only made two scripts from my computers at work to inform me if sone one logs in to ROOT or when a co-worker has used the company credit card. The easiest way is to make it send a email with a file attachment . Most phones can recive emails from SMTP servers. Also you already have a email on your phone. Most wireless services uses a POP3 service for textmessages. So say you had Alltel your domain would be "message.alltel.com" and the user of the domain is the phone number including the area code. Heres a example [url=mailto:5552223333@message.alltel.com]mailto:5552223333@message.alltel.com[/url].

So all what you have to do really is make a script to record the news or what ever and then make it send the email via sendmail or blat.
Posted by: Waragainstsleep

Re: Build AppleScript to record tv show and send it to my nokia s40 phone - 02/15/07 12:23 PM

You could do that with automator couldn't you?

Re: Build AppleScript to record tv show and send it to my nokia s40 phone - 02/16/07 09:09 PM

Pretty much yea.
Posted by: kickassimacg5

Re: Build AppleScript to record tv show and send it to my nokia s40 phone - 02/17/07 03:06 PM

I can't see anything about EyeTV in Automator. How should I get on with doing something

Re: Build AppleScript to record tv show and send it to my nokia s40 phone - 02/18/07 08:06 AM

You might have to basicly turn your system into a DVR and then use automator or a SH script to convert the video or what ever then have it send it to the phone.