Using the Apple Remote with the Keyspan Express Remote Receiver/Universal Dock

Posted by: JediJoker7169

Using the Apple Remote with the Keyspan Express Remote Receiver/Universal Dock - 09/21/06 12:31 PM

Does anyone know if this is possible?  I know that mira provides support for Macs that don't have built-in IR receivers, but they don't mention support for anything other than their product and eHome/MCE IR receivers intended for use with Windows XP Media Center Edition.  I am hoping that some enterprising programmer has figured out how to use the Keyspan Express Remote IR receiver--or perhaps even the iPod Universal Dock, which would make for wonderful homogeneity--and that I will receive a link in reply.  Nevertheless, even if not, I would tend to doubt that it is impossible.  I am very new to programming, so I doubt I'd be able to write drivers.  How about you?
Posted by: Waragainstsleep

Re: Using the Apple Remote with the Keyspan Express Remote Receiver/Universal Dock - 09/21/06 02:19 PM

If you can persuade a friendly service centre to order and sell you the receiver from an iMac G5 and its cable, I can tell you the pinouts to hook it to USB.
Otherwise, Front Row is built into Leopard. If it detects a compatible receiver, it works flawlessly. Consequently, 3rd party receivers for older Macs and Mac Pros will be available soon after Leopard launches. Maybe Keyspan will write some new drivers.
Posted by: JediJoker7169

Re: Using the Apple Remote with the Keyspan Express Remote Receiver/Universal Dock - 09/21/06 11:06 PM

That's good news, 'cause I definitely don't have a copy of the Leopard Developer Preview Release on hand...  :-
Posted by: Waragainstsleep

Re: Using the Apple Remote with the Keyspan Express Remote Receiver/Universal Dock - 09/21/06 11:43 PM

Course not. Me neither.