ipod problems...?

Posted by: macDeviant

ipod problems...? - 10/26/06 09:34 PM

Okay here's my problem; i have too many!!! confused

I already had a 40 gig ipod photo, then just last week i got a silver 2 gig nano from a Key Bank promo. Now i found out that my new job is giving me a 2 gig nano. So some advice is needed on what to do.

i was thinking i could sell both the slightly used one and the new one and buy an 8 gig black nano. uber cool.

or keep the open one and sell the new one and my 40gig ipod photo and buy a new 80 gig video. (the selling point of the ipod photo would be all the neat acessories. but i'm afraid i won't get out of it what it is worth.)

so yeah any other options. (besides giving all of them away for free to members of macmod. or anybody else for that matter. :P)

thanks
macDeviant
Posted by: Waragainstsleep

Re: ipod problems...? - 10/26/06 11:50 PM

From a purely logical point of view, option 2 would seem the best to me. You are going to end up with one big iPod and one Nano either way. By getting the black Nano you would gain only capacity (and maybe some cool factor), but you still have the much bigger Photo, for times when you need more than 2000 songs. With optin 2 you get capacity and video playback, so unless you envision a need for more than 500 songs but less than 10000 on a regular basis, you will get more from the video iPod.
Posted by: macDeviant

Re: ipod problems...? - 10/27/06 12:33 AM

well with all the accessories that came with my ipod photo.  i personaly would think it worth $300 or more. but i don't think people will want to pay that much for it. when for 50 bucks more they could get an 80 gig video.

i mean i would sell it with the cables, (a/v, fw, and usb) wired remote, fw wall charger, dock w/ s-video output, earphones (new), case, a fw car charger, and probably even a griffin airclick uhf remote. It even has a year left on it's apple care warranty too. Just checked ebay and it looks like the photo is only going for about 200 dollars.  frown

It would also be some what of a downgrade getting the ipod video. since i have all my music on my G4 Cube. which doesn't have usb2, and the ipod photo still uses firewire.

still unsure.

macdeviant
Posted by: Waragainstsleep

Re: ipod problems...? - 10/27/06 05:56 AM

I'd love to get USB2 on my cube as well. Looks like you have a full-blown dilemma on your hands.......