2GB iPod Nano LCD

Posted by: cincyaaron

2GB iPod Nano LCD - 03/07/06 07:34 AM

A friend at school had a iPod nano, which worked but, the LCD was seeping ink. I bought it off of him for $40. He feels as if he ripped me but I turned it around. I was thinking, "Maybe he has a 1-Year Warranty put on it. I checked the Serial, and it has 224 Days left. So here is where the question comes into play. Can I call into 1-800-4-MY-APPLE and get DHL to send a box out and get the LCD replaced? I am probably going to call today and see. IF anyone has an answer before I call, please give me your feedback.
Posted by: Waragainstsleep

2GB iPod Nano LCD - 03/07/06 10:53 AM

They'll swap it no problem. Go for it. You got a bargain there!
Posted by: oojacoboo

2GB iPod Nano LCD - 03/07/06 11:36 AM

yea, they'll swap it but you arn't entitled to telephone support if there isn't apple care on the unit. That is only possible during the first 90 days. You would be best to take it to an apple authorized retailer or follow the instructions on their site to submit it as a defect unit.

2GB iPod Nano LCD - 03/07/06 02:04 PM

If you do it online, they'll send a box and pick it up right from your door.

Its fast and convenient. I work for an authorized reseller and I have probably sent off hundreds of iPods on other people's behalf.
Posted by: whitlock

2GB iPod Nano LCD - 03/07/06 10:41 PM

Oh, if you do end up sending it in, don't forget that you will need a credit card to put the trade through. When I sent in my shuffle originally I had to use my CC else it was not possible.

2GB iPod Nano LCD - 03/07/06 11:38 PM

I don't think the Nano is an advance replacement. So no CC required.

2GB iPod Nano LCD - 03/09/06 07:40 AM

well they said that they would check wether it was a personal problem or a problem with the ipod. i dont know what they will say.

2GB iPod Nano LCD - 03/09/06 10:11 AM

Odd. They still swap them even when the LCDs are cracked. You shouldn't have any problem unless it has any dents in it.

2GB iPod Nano LCD - 03/10/06 01:43 PM

only thing it has is an internal crack on the lcd. everything else is fine.

2GB iPod Nano LCD - 03/10/06 02:02 PM

Just send it. Worst they'll do is send it back.
Posted by: Tayklor

Apple's Problem - 07/11/06 06:08 AM

Unless The iPod Was Droped, The Screen Is Apple's Problem.:teeth:

SEND IT IN