iSight Stand

Posted by: oojacoboo

iSight Stand - 10/05/04 03:02 AM

In my search for a new isight stand I came across what I felt was a very unique idea. It is cheap and easy. Just wish that it was eye-level. It isn't exactly what I was looking for but hey, it may be for you!

http://macteens.com/more.php?id=20_0_1_0_C

Lets see some pics of your modded isight stands! laugh

Post edited by: oojacoboo, at: 2004/10/05 10:04

Post edited by: krusher117, at: 2004/10/05 20:55
Posted by: krusher117

Re:iSight Stand - 10/05/04 02:03 PM

mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad

That is the worst idea ever! The iSight is $130 and its stuck on a .03 CD??!! One of the reasons its a bad idea is that I use mine on the stand and it doesn't ever fall over. I just leave the sticky tape on the bottom and it sits on top of my desk. Why stick it to a cd???

if you can't afford a sight flex, go to walmart and spend 9 bucks on a mini tripod and work something like this

http://www.kernelthread.com/mac/isight/tripod.html

But ideally, just get a sight flex from MacMice. It has no unsightly cables, matches color, and is endlessly adjustable.

http://macmice.com/sightflex.html

The Sight Flex can be had for less than $30 at MegaMacs as found on Dealmac.
http://dealmac.com/artclick.html?71897,98555

Post edited by: krusher117, at: 2004/10/05 21:04
Posted by: whitlock

Re:iSight Stand - 10/05/04 05:01 PM

Wow, a CD for an iSight stand. I would have never thought about doing that...for obvious reasons. Well, I'm with krusher here and would get a mini tripod for that. But the flex is just plain sexy. If I used a webcam, I'd get that. Good find krusher. I'm pretty sure someone here will find an alternative use for that.
Posted by: oojacoboo

Re:iSight Stand - 10/05/04 08:27 PM

thats the worst tripod mod I have ever seen, and in fact I saw that on google when you do a search for isight stand. Its ugly, ugly and ugly. O yea, did I mention that its ugly. Granted that the cd isn't the best alternative its basically free, and looks better than the tripod. I agree though, I just have mine, atm, sitting on the original stand, it looks better than a cd, but hey, it was a good idea. I do like the sighflex and I think that I might go that route, just not so sure about the 30 bucks for it.....hmmm.....I am trying to think of alternatives.....maybe duck tape! :P
Posted by: techspeak1

Re: iSight Stand - 10/05/08 06:26 PM

1st time I've heard of an iSight stand. Thanks for making this post so I can decide if this is something I would like to carry in one of my online stores.
Posted by: tlmurray

Re: iSight Stand - 05/03/10 07:49 AM

I have had manufactured a threaded steel disk that enables you to mount your iSight to a threaded tripod sled. You can affix the Apple plastic mount to the disk and the disk to the sled; or you can use the disk alone and attach the iSight magnetic base.

I have them for sale at eBay item 160404303393, with several photos of various configurations. Its brutally simple design affords many applications. And for those who care, I could have had them made in China for cheaper, but used a small Midwest machine shop instead.
Posted by: Antonio

Re: iSight Stand - 05/03/10 08:41 PM

No too shabby...
Think you can add a bending arm to that?
I'm thinking maybe a double-elbow setup for fine-tuned flexibility, and rotation would be good, too.
Posted by: FSM

Re: iSight Stand - 05/18/10 09:30 AM

yeah, i have 2 iSight cameras and only 1 computer left that needs 1. but i have 2 Dell displays attached to it and i tape my iSight to the top and back of a display, but it inevitably falls off after a few weeks. i considered the Sight Flex, but it doesn't seem very stable. i'll have to read up on timmurray's Ebay solution. thanks.
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: iSight Stand - 07/27/11 04:20 AM

Hello?
Posted by: Jim_

Re: iSight Stand - 07/27/11 09:31 AM

Sean hasn't logged on here since December.
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: iSight Stand - 07/27/11 04:13 PM

Ya.. but this thread was showing as not having been read yet...weird.