palm mods

Posted by: maestro

palm mods - 05/16/05 10:00 AM

I have an old palm m105 and want to mod it. I thinking of painting it, but I want to use it for
something and I am not sure what. I plan on getting a new palm for daily use. Also, I could
never get the thing to sync with my mac anyway. I did use a serial to usb adaptor though. Any
Ideas on mods, how to better sync it and what I can do with this damn thing would be sweet.
-maestro
Posted by: whitlock

Re:palm mods - 05/16/05 06:35 PM

Odd, with the adaptor and using the Palm Desktop 4.0+ software it should have synced. Never had an issue with my Treo, but that's another story.

You should deffinitly make use of symbols (like decals) and clear coat it if you paint it. Make it look like some advanced super-palm from the not-so distant future. Sand it down so it doesn't have any of those texture points on it, or fill it in with a little Bondo. Make the Palm case into something that looks nothing like a Palm, but looks like it should have always looked like that.

Maybe a flashing LED? (j/k)

Re:palm mods - 05/17/05 07:57 AM

I think that I am going to go Apple style on it. Like if Apple brought back the Newton.
I am going with white of course but I am going with some transparent silver and some chrome to help it match my MDD g4.
-maestro
Posted by: whitlock

Re:palm mods - 05/17/05 02:35 PM

Make the front white and the back brushed silver. Like an iPod. That's what I figure the Newton would look like today if they kept it up.

Re:palm mods - 05/18/05 12:53 AM

That is a good idea, although it has been painted as of last night. I still have to do a clear coat but it looks good. I went with all white and silver and the bezel. I would like to paint the buttons too, but I am not sure how to effectively get the silk screen signs back on it. We will see where it goes from here and then maybe I will post a mod guide on it.
-maestro