Volume Limit Bypass.

Posted by: Waragainstsleep

Volume Limit Bypass. - 10/07/06 08:34 AM

Has anyone else noticed their Gen1 Nano get quieter since Apple released that update which included the parental volume limit? I had one guy who reckoned his 6th gen iPod was too quiet as well.
iPod Volume Booster doesn't seem to work for me. This is really annoying, I use my iPod primarily to drown out the noise of people on busses or traffic while I'm walking around the city. Now if a car goes past, I can't hear it. This really sucks. I don't fancy going back a version with the software, iTunes will just start hassling me about upgrading it again.
I realise Apple has to defend itself from idiot-based lawsuits, but surely they should cater to those of us with a clue as well.

Anyone have any idea how to bypass the stupid limit?
Posted by: oojacoboo

Re: Volume Limit Bypass. - 10/07/06 09:32 AM

I think I remember something about a limit remover a while back, but not sure if it is still compatible with current firmware.  Let me do a little searching...
Posted by: krusher117

Re: Volume Limit Bypass. - 01/19/07 11:01 AM

haha I actually locked mine in at 75% of the actual volume.  it seemed like everytime i would reach in my pocket I would brush the wheel somehow raise it up to max volume.  I'm sure there is a way to take out that feature tho