ipod dock

Posted by: maestro

ipod dock - 01/18/05 01:22 AM

So I have an iPod, but no dock. I am thinking of making one. I will have a mod guide on it. What are people interested in seeing-wood or acrylic?
-Maestro
Posted by: Anonymous

Re:ipod dock - 01/18/05 01:47 AM

some company makes dock covers out of wood, so a wood dock wouldnt seem very original, but acrylic would be cool.

Re:ipod dock - 01/18/05 02:23 AM

oh really........................
-Maestro
Posted by: oojacoboo

Re:ipod dock - 01/18/05 02:51 AM

oooo, I love this idea. A peripheral mod guide, smile . Ok my thoughts. I would love to see an arcrylic one. I am assuming that this is for a regular white ipod. I think that you should stick with teh white color. That is, unless of course you have the 4th generation with the click wheel. In which case, I would consider a matching grey stand.

I would go with something original, a different shape or something. what if you added a slot just above the keyboard for the ipod? or maybe some sort of device where you could slide the ipod in like a pcmcia card in a laptop. Of course you would want to pad the inside with felt. or an extension off the side of the keyboard where you could lay the ipod flat down. I duno, just ideas laugh
Posted by: mark

Re:ipod dock - 01/18/05 04:02 AM

When you say dock are you talking about something to simply hold the iPod or are you planning on building in the connectors and getting everything to line up?

Either way its your mod, make it how you want to, not what we're more interested in seeing.

Re:ipod dock - 01/18/05 12:51 PM

Okay, I am thinking the I will use acrylic. This will inlude the connector for connecting to fire wire. I am also thinking it will be back painted white. Thanks for the ideas guys.
-Maestro