pre-modded ipods

Posted by: whitlock

pre-modded ipods - 08/05/04 11:22 PM

I found this site that sells iPods that the mod. All colors of the rainbow. Guess it's cool for those who don't like to do it themselves, but does it take the sport out of it?

http://www.colorwarepc.com/products/accessories.aspx?categoryId=169
Posted by: krusher117

Re:pre-modded ipods - 08/06/04 03:22 AM

the ipod is something you would have to make perfect or you would never be happy with it. I would guess that most people aren't brave enough to risk that :-P

Re:pre-modded ipods - 08/06/04 04:58 AM

i suppose your right. i guess thats why there are custom car shops around also.
Posted by: oojacoboo

Re:pre-modded ipods - 08/06/04 05:53 AM

yea, thats true, but these look like crap anyway. Who wants an ipod that it painted on the outside? This site has a lot of modded products for sale if I can remember correctly, ibooks, etc.

Re:pre-modded ipods - 08/06/04 06:12 AM

in my humble opinion...junk!
Posted by: oojacoboo

Re:pre-modded ipods - 08/06/04 06:22 AM

I couldn't agree with your more whitlock!
Posted by: Anonymous

Re:pre-modded ipods - 08/06/04 07:44 PM

I don't know. I think it would be kind of cool to have matching iPod and accessories in another color. Pricing isn't too horrible.

What I would like to know is how and what they paint their products with. I'm sure it is something that can be duplicated.

As for anyone wanting an iPod painted on the outside—who wants a PC painted on the outside. I'm not sure of the logic behind the comment made.

To each his own I guess.

Re:pre-modded ipods - 08/06/04 07:58 PM

[censored], but that was pre-2000. really was not much info about modding at the time. painting an ipod? well, it just does not agree with me at all.
Posted by: TutAnGeek

Re:pre-modded ipods - 08/07/04 01:59 AM

It's a very fine automotive style spray paint

Re:pre-modded ipods - 08/07/04 02:19 AM

It looks it, but would they really use the same overcoat though? I would probably use a different kind of overcoat, but at the same time it would make sense to use the auto paint overcoat. It gives a really nice glossy finish. Hmmm....idea coming. Mix the paint shifting case mod with an iPod mod. The marriage would be...*tilts finger...a color shifting iPod. <- Pointing out the somewhat obvious. :y32b4: